Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047955 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2015
I will be in Lagos on Wednesday for the Australian Govt Meeting holding 24th, 25th and 26th at Ikeja. If you are in Lag, I can preview your docs b4 you submit to teleperformance. That is if you are not sure of your application package. Student Visa process with pretoria is a little tricky these days. they are becoming serious with SVP applicants. Thats y you see ppl here on NL laying more emphasis of strong SOP.

chi50:

Thanks, I am working in a hospital and my reference letter just says I work with them n nothing else. I will definitely do as advised here to avoid complications. So wat did u tick in their checklist regarding bank verification document, I saw that in teleperformance list.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2015
Morning folks,

Just woke up to see that DIBP has reverted to the former method of holding 2 invitation rounds per month (every two weeks). The draws are no longer held on the Mondays but now on Fridays.

The numbers of 189 monthly invitations have also dropped from 2300 to 2000, while 489 has also declined to just 40.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#sub-heading-1
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2015
These ppl are changing Immigration rules by day by day. any1 that has oz in mind should act fast. I am facing mine in 2 flanks, study and PR.

scrollmeout:
Morning folks,

Just woke up to see that DIBP has reverted to holding 2 invitation rounds per month(every two weeks). The draws are no longer held on the Mondays but now on Wednesdays.

The numbers of 189 monthly invitations have also dropped from 2300 to 2000, while 489 has also declined to just 40.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:

Dated: xxxxx.2015
Passport No: xxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxx

The Visa Section,
DIPB, Pretoria,
South Africa.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Financial Declaration

I xxxxxxxxx, hereby declare that I have access to funds required for my studies at xxxxxxxx University, Australia.

Funds will be made available to me by my father via international bank transfer from Nigeria on a quarterly basis and as at when due.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

My Brother, Good morning. I hope The part of adding the name of your Potential Sponsor won't make the CO require for more evidence (Sponsor's Letter or an Affidavit) from the Sponsor(e.g. Father or whoever)?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:
Thanks alot for your response my friend. God bless you.

You are welcome. Kindly ensure that your job task aligns with the task described on your nominated occupation.

Wish you all the best bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:

Dated: xxxxx.2015
Passport No: xxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxx

The Visa Section,
DIPB, Pretoria,
South Africa.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Financial Declaration

I xxxxxxxxx, hereby declare that I have access to funds required for my studies at xxxxxxxx University, Australia.

Funds will be made available to me by my father via international bank transfer from Nigeria on a quarterly basis and as at when due.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If this is not asked for in your checklist, please don't do it. I strongly believe that this people care more about your GTE than your financial ability. If ever there is doubt about your financial ability, they will ask you to provide any document they wish to see. Stating that you have access to enough fund to fund your studies is enough. STICK TO YOUR CHECKLIST!!! except you really got this money in your account or your parents account and you want to show off. Imagine you state that your brother or sister or parents got this money and they ask for evidence and you show a statement of account with different surname.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Eritac,

You apply for state nomination separately.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is only an additional requirement, it's not paramount. Most ppl that were granted Visas used this format, I got it from a Migration Lawyer. But it's not important you must add it. Do a good SOP.

or=deleyi20 post=38227678]

My Brother, Good morning. I hope The part of adding the name of your Potential Sponsor won't make the CO require for more evidence (Sponsor's Letter or an Affidavit) from the Sponsor(e.g. Father or whoever)?[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ok boss,

You are right, it's not a major requirement. It's just additional requirement and not formally required by the DIBP. Most ppl got their Visas adding this though.

lawland:
If this is not asked for in your checklist, please don't do it. I strongly believe that this people care more about your GTE than your financial ability. If ever there is doubt about your financial ability, they will ask you to provide any document they wish to see. Stating that you have access to enough fund to fund your studies is enough. STICK TO YOUR CHECKLIST!!! except you really got this money in your account or your parents account and you want to show off. Imagine you state that your brother or sister or parents got this money and they ask for evidence and you show a statement of account with different surname.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yes, she worked as a Marketer in the Bank for 2yrs, another bank as a CSU for 7yrs and moved to Marketing at same bank for now. Giving a total of 8-9yrs exp.

I am planning to assess for Corporate Service Manager on State Nomination.

Jetspeed:

You are welcome. Kindly ensure that your job task aligns with the task described on your nominated occupation.

Wish you all the best bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oga Bellong,

Thanks a lot for your input. At what step do one apply for State Sponsorship? Is it when she has been positively assessed by VETASSES?

bellong:
Eritac,

You apply for state nomination separately.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello house, today is really good. lots of useful info.A big Thanks to all our chairmen.
pls one more questn. in fillin form 157a, wat are we expected to write regarding salary level on work experience. is it the actual amt or what? because some of us dnt knw d actual level scale used.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:
I will be in Lagos on Wednesday for the Australian Govt Meeting holding 24th, 25th and 26th at Ikeja. If you are in Lag, I can preview your docs b4 you submit to teleperformance. That is if you are not sure of your application package. Student Visa process with pretoria is a little tricky these days. they are becoming serious with SVP applicants. Thats y you see ppl here on NL laying more emphasis of strong SOP.

wow, dat will really be helpful because I want to submit on dat Wednesday b4 d public holidays. So, pls how can we arrange d meeting. You havent responded to my pm.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pls re-send the PM, I think I mistakenly deleted a mail. Pls re-send.

chi50:

wow, dat will really be helpful because I want to submit on dat Wednesday b4 d public holidays. So, pls how can we arrange d meeting. You havent responded to my pm.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Use your actual salary level and back every word with evidence. They just wanna know that you are doing smtin with yourself in 9ja.

chi50:
Hello house, today is really good. lots of useful info.A big Thanks to all our chairmen.
pls one more questn. in fillin form 157a, wat are we expected to write regarding salary level on work experience. is it the actual amt or what? because some of us dnt knw d actual level scale used.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:
Oga Bellong,

Thanks a lot for your input. At what step do one apply for State Sponsorship? Is it when she has been positively assessed by VETASSES?

Yes, after positive assessment and you will need your English test result also.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
lawland:
If you are here for masters, your spouse will have unlimited working hours while you will be restricted to 40hrs per fortnight, but if you are here for Bsc or Diploma, the 40hrs per fortnight rule will apply to both of you.

I will advise you to have enough money for Cert. training especially in aged care or disability, your spouse can do the same but if he is not the care or hospital type, he can do a security training or get a forklift license and white card. It will help both of you secure a job quicker.

Yes, you can bring African food with you but make sure they are neat and well packed, insects free as well.
You can pack extra food if you want something to sell, some African shops can buy them from you.

Hope i answered your questions? You can stand up now.... grin

Baba, pls what do u think about going for diploma in oil and gas engineering while I have b.eng already. Is it advice able since diploma is less than a degree and can I still get a visa.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
ENGRJCJ:

Baba, pls what do u think about going for diploma in oil and gas engineering while I have b.eng already. Is it advice able since diploma is less than a degree and can I still get a visa.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it... Just tell immi that Nigeria lacked the equipments to teach you the practical skills you needed to succeed, so you decided to get a diploma overseas to gain the practical skills needed.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
lawland:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it... Just tell immi that Nigeria lacked the equipments to teach you the practical skills you needed to succeed, so you decided to get a diploma overseas to gain the practical skills needed.
Tnx boss, u too much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
scrollmeout:
Morning folks,

Just woke up to see that DIBP has reverted to the former method of holding 2 invitation rounds per month (every two weeks). The draws are no longer held on the Mondays but now on Fridays.

Am pretty sure more there will be more changes by the time the new government settles in e.g stricter rules, increase in visa fees e.t.c
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
You only need to select in your EOI some states (like NSW), then you will be invited to apply for state sponsorship. Check the link below for state links where you will get all information regarding state sponsorship.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/State-Migration-Plans

erictack203:
Oga Bellong,

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks a lot. This is very useful. Thanks.

pingu2k5:
You only need to select in your EOI some states (like NSW), then you will be invited to apply for state sponsorship. Check the link below for state links where you will get all information regarding state sponsorship.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/State-Migration-Plans

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Caucasoid: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bossladymo... I beg u in the name of God, wherever you are, please show face. I want to eat normal Rice and Stew, I don't know the names of what I've bn eating here in goldcoast for the past 4days... I go just order, point this and dat. Except Nandos or I go to Robina Centre for Burger, Chips and Chicken. Eh joooooh, Éh Epp me. Mi O le Wa Ku. Person go spend $24 on breakfast, yet spoil face all thru the meal wey e nor go chop reach half before e go Run

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jdb145: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good day all. A friend just told me about this thread and I've tried to read up as much as i can. Its a very good job you are doing here.
I'm all new to Australia immigration i'm thinking of PR route, i need help on what i need to do and if there's even any hope for me with my basic biodata as hereunder

Qualification: HND, ACA, CISA, DipIFR
Work Experience: 13 years
I've written the IELTS General test in 2014 with average of 7.5 points

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
erictack203:
Thanks a lot. This is very useful. Thanks.

U've been duely answered. Depends on the state. But better to have ur skills assessment and IELTS ready.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Caucasoid:
Bossladymo... I beg u in the name of God, wherever you are, please show face. I want to eat normal Rice and Stew, I don't know the names of what I've bn eating here in goldcoast for the past 4days... I go just order, point this and dat. Except Nandos or I go to Robina Centre for Burger, Chips and Chicken. Eh joooooh, Éh Epp me. Mi O le Wa Ku. Person go spend $24 on breakfast, yet spoil face all thru the meal wey e nor go chop reach half before e go Run

Lol. U need to cook. As per rice just got something close to naija rice - India Gate (Basmati) which I will stick to now after experimenting with long Thai and jasmine.They were both rubbish. Not seen per boiled rice or likes of arozo lol. For tomatoes buy Roma, chilli - buy red bullet, beans- buy white beans. Bought red kidney beans though, but will revert once finished. Don't know about Gold coast, but here in Melbourne i've virtually seen everything close to naija, except plantain.
There is semo, fufu, stock fish, ogbono, egusi, okro and garri- which i bought for $25(4.5kg) lol. Though sold in African shops. Okro can be gotten anywhere in their fresh farm markets.
Don't know what u order that cost that much though, cos a $15 meal will feed 2 pple.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Caucasoid: 6:31am On Sep 22, 2015
izykvision0:

Lol. U need to cook. As per rice just got something close to naija rice - India Gate (Basmati) which I will stick to now after experimenting with long Thai and jasmine.They were both rubbish. Not seen per boiled rice or likes of arozo lol. For tomatoes buy Roma, chilli - buy red bullet, beans- buy white beans. Bought red kidney beans though, but will revert once finished. Don't know about Gold coast, but here in Melbourne i've virtually seen everything close to naija, except plantain.
There is semo, fufu, stock fish, ogbono, egusi, okro and garri- which i bought for $25(4.5kg) lol. Though sold in African shops. Okro can be gotten anywhere in their fresh farm markets.
Don't know what u order that cost that much though, cos a $15 meal will feed 2 pple.

Thanx mate. Currently at an apartment whr cooking ain't allowed. Lol as per $15 feeding 2 people- Very true. The only difference here is that I'm an extremely skinny dude with the appetite of 4 people, I really don't know how dat is. Mom once warned me not to eat Eba in Public coz I'd bring the family name to shame Lol. If u see me dey chop ebay, walahi make E come be Egusi wey get stock fish, I don die be dat ooooo. On a standard day, I go take like 8 wraps of Fufu, still drink water join yet 70kg weight MAX! As to what I order- when I order Rice with dis and dat- One thing like potatoes too like dis I order too and say bills be like $12 and after like two three spoons, once I'm nor feeling it, omo na to go order Burger and Soft drinks again oooo... Na why I talk say I dey spend reach dat amount! See ehn... I just need a place whr the money won't be a waste again even if standard meal there costs $25. At least make I still dey chop wetin I like, as I type dis thing right now ehn... Na Vanilla Coke I don drink since morning! Na Crase person wan Crase so.
Lol. Stayed at Park Royal Hotel in Melbourne about 3nights ago due to long layover of my flight... that one na hin funny pass- I just got debit alert on my credit card for the food I took while there- $16!!! I nor even chop am finish coz I see McDonald's down the other side, I just quietly go chop burger with $9.

Thanx mahn for ur suggestions... I'd be out here by January to another apartment in town so I'd be able to cook... I got a dining plan here which has been paid for upfront but E be like say dat money go waste last last!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 7:17am On Sep 22, 2015
Caucasoid:

Thanx mate. Currently at an apartment whr cooking ain't allowed. Lol as per $15 feeding 2 people- Very true. The only difference here is that I'm an extremely skinny dude with the appetite of 4 people, I really don't know how dat is. Mom once warned me not to eat Eba in Public coz I'd bring the family name to shame Lol. If u see me dey chop ebay, walahi make E come be Egusi wey get stock fish, I don die be dat ooooo. On a standard day, I go take like 8 wraps of Fufu, still drink water join yet 70kg weight MAX! As to what I order- when I order Rice with dis and dat- One thing like potatoes too like dis I order too and say bills be like $12 and after like two three spoons, once I'm nor feeling it, omo na to go order Burger and Soft drinks again oooo... Na why I talk say I dey spend reach dat amount! See ehn... I just need a place whr the money won't be a waste again even if standard meal there costs $25. At least make I still dey chop wetin I like, as I type dis thing right now ehn... Na Vanilla Coke I don drink since morning! Na Crase person wan Crase so.
Lol. Stayed at Park Royal Hotel in Melbourne about 3nights ago due to long layover of my flight... that one na hin funny pass- I just got debit alert on my credit card for the food I took while there- $16!!! I nor even chop am finish coz I see McDonald's down the other side, I just quietly go chop burger with $9.

Thanx mahn for ur suggestions... I'd be out here by January to another apartment in town so I'd be able to cook... I got a dining plan here which has been paid for upfront but E be like say dat money go waste last last!

Lol. Did u come as a student, cos still figuring out y u ain't allowed to cook. As per restaurants dem boku for Oz and are ready to use their POS .So if care is not taken u will be dialing +234...The closest u can get for a film trick African meal is an Afghani restaurant. Sure u will enjoy their kebabs, Afghan bread and sauce. Next will be an Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian) restaurant. Well good luck with that, cos don't know how you will manage eating out till January.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tandj: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2015
bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

Thanks to everyone who came to my defence.

Hello sweetheart, I just sent an email(empty) to u. Pls will u kindly reply that so I can communicate with u tru ur mail.
Pls. It's very urgent.
Greetings to u and ur family.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Caucasoid: 8:46am On Sep 22, 2015
izykvision0:

Lol. Did u come as a student, cos still figuring out y u ain't allowed to cook. As per restaurants dem boku for Oz and are ready to use their POS .So if care is not taken u will be dialing +234...The closest u can get for a film trick African meal is an Afghani restaurant. Sure u will enjoy their kebabs, Afghan bread and sauce. Next will be an Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian) restaurant. Well good luck with that, cos don't know how you will manage eating out till January.

Thanx mahn... !I've gone to the Cafeteria to force myself to eat all what they've got! can't waste my money like dat. I'd eat all what they've got like dat for one week straight like it's a fear factor audition mahn, I'd get used to it by fire by force. Yeah came in as a Student.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tandj: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2015
Hello everyone.

What are the benefits of applying for a PR in australia?

We want to work and live in aussie as a family. Is it possible?

How can we do that?
(I mean the steps to be taken)

We are currently living and working in nigeria.
Please somebody help a JJC out.

Have read some of the pages.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Boss how far? You have been scarce here! Whats up na? How far with settling down, job, children's school etc? We dey your back on this PR thingy.
izykvision0:

U've been duely answered. Depends on the state. But better to have ur skills assessment and IELTS ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.