Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047943 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2015
Keep reading..... It has bin answered by a lot of people, over and over again..... Check especially NNBB' s...check page 115 of this thread..
tandj:
Hello everyone.

What are the benefits of applying for a PR in australia?

We want to work and live in aussie as a family. Is it possible?

How can we do that?
(I mean the steps to be taken)

We are currently living and working in nigeria.
Please somebody help a JJC out.

Have read some of the pages.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zeusaqua: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2015
erictack203:
I will be in Lagos on Wednesday for the Australian Govt Meeting holding 24th, 25th and 26th at Ikeja. If you are in Lag, I can preview your docs b4 you submit to teleperformance. That is if you are not sure of your application package. Student Visa process with pretoria is a little tricky these days. they are becoming serious with SVP applicants. Thats y you see ppl here on NL laying more emphasis of strong SOP.

Please Erictack203, i need ur help. Can u send me a mail on defus4dem@yahoo.com. i tried reaching u here but i just cant. I m new on NL...lol
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2015
Ifexsco:
Boss how far? You have been scarce here! Whats up na? How far with settling down, job, children's school etc? We dey your back on this PR thingy.

Lol. Settled down now. Came in thru airbnb. Paid for a week. Cldn't get a place that fast and my host especially d wife started having some funny attitude, which we guessed was cos of our kid as him no look uche face, just dey jump everywhere lol. But dey didn't have a choice but to take payment for another week. So spent 2 weeks with airbnb; and still didn't get a place, but was just lucky on my 13th day to get a shared accommodation. Stayed there for 3weeks and now got a proper place. Quite nice and descent, bills inclusive. So sorted my family tax benefit, which currently pays like 70% of my rent, sorted my kid's childcare -out of $84 a day, I pay $20 and govt. covers d rest. My wife got a job in 5weeks of arrival in an Insurance firm. I am still doing interviews. Lengthy stages cos of my field - customer analytics. But almost there by His grace.
In all Australia is a lovely place and a better place for kids compared to the UK or US.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by toyesecole: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2015
Good morning ,please i need help. My husband and i are about to start gathering documents for visa 189, i just graduated so i have not gone for service and he is also a graduate of physis and electronics and has bin work as a telecoms engineer in lagos.now my question is ,his he going to 1st apply to engineer australia and how is will it be done
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
Thanks a lot bro, for your assistance so far. Regards to your Family.

izykvision0:

U've been duely answered. Depends on the state. But better to have ur skills assessment and IELTS ready.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Wow! That's great! You are almost there! Thanks for the this insight....we dey come.
izykvision0:

Lol. Settled down now. Came in thru airbnb. Paid for a week. Cldn't get a place that fast and my host especially d wife started having some funny attitude, which we guessed was cos of our kid as him no look uche face, just dey jump everywhere lol. But dey didn't have a choice but to take payment for another week. So spent 2 weeks with airbnb; and still didn't get a place, but was just lucky on my 13th day to get a shared accommodation. Stayed there for 3weeks and now got a proper place. Quite nice and descent, bills inclusive. So sorted my family tax benefit, which currently pays like 70% of my rent, sorted my kid's childcare -out of $84 a day, I pay $20 and govt. covers d rest. My wife got a job in 5weeks of arrival in an Insurance firm. I am still doing interviews. Lengthy stages cos of my field - customer analytics. But almost there by His grace.
In all Australia is a lovely place and a better place for kids compared to the UK or US.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
He will not get a positive assessment from EA because of his non-engineering background. He should look through CSOL or SOL for a close occupation not been assessed by EA. Yes, he has to do his assessment and get a positive assessment, do IELTS or PTE before submitting an expression of interest, EOI. my 2 cents though. I will also advise, go through this thread, you will find all you need.
toyesecole:
Good morning ,please i need help. My husband and i are about to start gathering documents for visa 189, i just graduated so i have not gone for service and he is also a graduate of physis and electronics and has bin work as a telecoms engineer in lagos.now my question is ,his he going to 1st apply to engineer australia and how is will it be done
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tandj: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ifexsco:
Keep reading..... It has bin answered by a lot of people, over and over again..... Check especially NNBB' s...check page 115 of this thread..
Thanks dear for the encouragement.
I sent an email to u.
Can u pls reply back.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chevchenko: 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello Guys,

I will like to make some inquiries. My Sister applied to the University of Western Sydney (M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering), She was offered admission and we have paid the tution, we requested for certificate of enrollment (CoE) of which we already put Nigeria as the visa office. See response from school:

"Thank you for your acceptance to Western Sydney University.

To enable us to issue your coe please advise which office you be lodging your visa application from. You have indicated on the acceptance documents that you are applying for your visa in Nigeria, there is NO DIBP office in Nigeria.

Your coe request will be on hold until you advise above information"

This let to our discovery that there are lots of things we don't even know, we got to know that South Africa is the Visa office. I checked the SA site and couldn't even see any forms!

Now what I need, is guidance from anybody that has passed through this phase recently.

1. How do we apply?
2. What documents do we need?
3.Does She need to do IELTS?
4. Any other info that will be of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Chevy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
1. Fill the CoE request form and put : DIBP, Pretoria, South Africa.

2. Once you get your COE, goto: www.border.gov.au and search for Student Visa form 157a, download it from there, fill and submit.

3. Your sister if the School didn't request IELTS from her prior to admission/CoE, she doesn't need it for Visa purpose as well.

I hope you are well answered.

chevchenko:
Hello Guys,

I will like to make some inquiries. My Sister applied to the University of Western Sydney (M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering), She was offered admission and we have paid the tution, we requested for certificate of enrollment (CoE) of which we already put Nigeria as the visa office. See response from school:

"Thank you for your acceptance to Western Sydney University.

To enable us to issue your coe please advise which office you be lodging your visa application from. You have indicated on the acceptance documents that you are applying for your visa in Nigeria, there is NO DIBP office in Nigeria.

Your coe request will be on hold until you advise above information"

This let to our discovery that there are lots of things we don't even know, we got to know that South Africa is the Visa office. I checked the SA site and couldn't even see any forms!

Now what I need, is guidance from anybody that has passed through this phase recently.

1. How do we apply?
2. What documents do we need?
3.Does She need to do IELTS?
4. Any other info that will be of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Chevy

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
erictack203:
1. Fill the CoE request form and put : DIBP, Pretoria, South Africa.
2. Once you get your COE, goto: www.border.gov.au and search for Student Visa form 157a, download it from there, fill and submit.
3. Your sister if the School didn't request IELTS from her prior to admission/CoE, she doesn't need it for Visa purpose as well.
I hope you are well answered.

@erictack i love your reply to that issue ,so were will she submit the downloaded form ?if teleperformance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
laminaria:
after more than 3months of waiting I got d shock of my life from Pretoria (visa denied) I Neva saw it coming... assessment level3.
reasons... (1)I didn't including any family members in my form157A
( 2)I do not have a financial or home tie to my country.
(3) d fact am single.
with some other reasons that I carefully stated it in my SOP.
am just saying this for other to learn one tin or d other.....
tanks to everyone on dis tread,
jennykadry wherever u are, futuredon, iriferi,Mrnilobrawn,bossladymo1, equilibrium.
Above all To God be d glory(amen).
*tears rolling*
Hi, just going thru your posts again when I saw dis one. Numbers 1 and 3 reason. I am single too and didn't include any family members in my form 157A. How does dat affect ones visa because I can't put my immediate family's name there as they specified that ur family members are ur spouse n kids not parents and siblings.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 12:25am On Sep 23, 2015
chi50:

Hi, just going thru your posts again when I saw dis one. Numbers 1 and 3 reason. I am single too and didn't include any family members in my form 157A. How does dat affect ones visa because I can't put my immediate family's name there as they specified that ur family members are ur spouse n kids not parents and siblings.
number1 reason is question 40..any of ur relative in your home country who is neither accompanying nor joining you in oz. ans : any of your family members.
number3: is not really important cos alot of people got d visa and yes they are single without putting any future wife or husband name on it
but i tink question 40 is compulsory...if u are yet to apply u can do d needful and if already applied, put faith in GOD.
bros u wicked o...u go dig out my painful past anyway #Godwin.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chevchenko: 5:17am On Sep 23, 2015
Many thanks@Erictack203

Chi50 just read my mind on the next question

Is she going to post the form or upload it somewhere?

What other docs do we need to start gathering right now?

Thanks a lot...I really appreciate

Chev
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Teleperformance. Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, Etibet's Place, Ikeja.

adim02:

@erictack i love your reply to that issue ,so were will she submit the downloaded form ?if teleperformance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:56am On Sep 23, 2015
1. She will complete the form and package it to submit at Teleperformance, Lagos or Abj.

2. Total fee for Visa is 95k.

3. Check: www.border.gov.au, search for Student Visa checklist. And download checklist for documents relating to Student Visa application.

chevchenko:
Many thanks@Erictack203

Chi50 just read my mind on the next question

Is she going to post the form or upload it somewhere?

What other docs do we need to start gathering right now?

Thanks a lot...I really appreciate

Chev
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2015
@ chevchenko

This is a better website to look at; https://au.tlscontact.com/ng/LOS/page.php?pid=procedure

Before she proceed to submit her application for visa, she should try to do her medicals as this will likely speed up the visa application process. Here are some steps to follow for the medicals;

Go here: https://online.immi.gov.au/account/register
1. Create an ImmiAccount.
2. Complete all the required questions asked.
3. Generate your HAP ID.
4. Have your HAP ID handy and Call Fatayi Williams Clinic (if you are in Gidi) to book an appointment with them.
5. Fatayi Williams will tell you how much it will cost you.
6. You'll do your medicals at Fatayi - they will give you directions on how to complete your radiology checks.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chevchenko: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Many Thanks @futuredon
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Graham355: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2015
Please is it possible to transfer to another school Once in Australia?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2015
laminaria:

number1 reason is question 40..any of ur relative in your home country who is neither accompanying nor joining you in oz. ans : any of your family members.
number3: is not really important cos alot of people got d visa and yes they are single without putting any future wife or husband name on it
but i tink question 40 is compulsory...if u are yet to apply u can do d needful and if already applied, put faith in GOD.
bros u wicked o...u go dig out my painful past anyway #Godwin.

lolz, sorry 4 digging up d past, but na d present n future matter pass. I'm also not a Bros oh. Regarding number 1 question 40, I am yet to apply So I can put my Dad or my siblings there right?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2015
chi50:

lolz, sorry 4 digging up d past, but na d present n future matter pass. I'm also not a Bros oh. Regarding number 1 question 40, I am yet to apply So I can put my Dad or my siblings there right?
just kidding about that tho...is a a tin of d past, i smile wen i look at wat i went tru during dose period.
and yes ur dad will be okay.
best of luck!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
malkinburg:

[color=#550000][/color]

What am about to say might not go down well with you. am also an engineer with a first degree in chemical engineering and currently doing masters here in australia. what am about saying is out of love and not as a hater. IF I WERE U I WILL COME TO OZ VIA PR (PERMANENT RESIDENCE) no need to come and waste your money especially when u plan on not being an academic. it will be better to enter and come do a six months internship to have australian work experience before starting to look for work than to come here all in an effort to get post work study after spending thousands of dollars with no access to scholarships like our brothers and sisters in the united states. if u have plenty money or on scholarship its a different case entirely. as for me i never looked at the PR critically until i was over invested in the whole student visa parade. Dont get it wrong coming to do Masters here is noble but i am asking you to do your COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS. truth is after school and ur post work study big ass employers still want u to have PR before they employ u. i have been here three months and 10 days now. in this time i have started my PR waka thanks to all the info i got from the lengends on this forum Bosslady et al. i decided to be proactive and have gone to several recruiters like chandler macloed, Hays and spoken to several other recruitment advisors in this firms. my general strategy was to inform them about my circumstance and ask them for advice on how to integrate myself into the industry after my program. BROS i cant begin to speak the english that i heard. plenty advice "Reasonable and unreasonable" the bottom line was I NEEDED PR ASAP. i have met other nigerians who came here with PR and working professional jobs with only BSC. if i get hold of that PR today all this acada will turn distant learning at my convenience or part time. MORAL OF MY STORY.... PR without work experience is better than masters without paper... so just take your time and come via PR. but if u are not patient enough you can still come ooooh its still waaaaaaay better than being in naija with all this drama and all. just be prepared to work your ass off to foot your bills if you dont have enough support from home.

God bless.
Bro, please I need ur advice. Am also a chemical engineer but without work experience. How can I apply for PR but if am not eligible, what alternative course can I go for apart from masters

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2015
@all, I just want to use this moment to specially thank all the helpful guys on this thread most particularly the FutureDon. I have yet to lodge yet but with the loads of useful advice I have had on this forum, I feel at ease.

The grand FutureDon, thanks a lot for your review of my SoP, my eyes were really opened by your corrections.

I went to the bank to do the T/T transaction via form A and I couldn't get it done because there were a few things i did not know beforehand. You must have photocopies of your Offer Letter, datapage of Int. passport, first degree cert(If going for Masters), the bill/payment details sent by the school. Hope this helps someone.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
House,please my course ends 30/03/2020 according to my COE,how long will my oshc last,yet to organise it.thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
atrapon:
House,please my course ends 30/03/2020 according to my COE,how long will my oshc last,yet to organise it.thank you
3-4months after d completion of ur last course is okay.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peaky: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
HELLO house,

My younger brother is interested in studying and move over to Australia.he studied mining with second class upper division from one of the federal university in Nigeria.
My questions is this;
how are we going to get a school under svp to secure admission?
we have no ideas of it at all
he wants any certificate or diploma course in engineering
Please i need an urgent responds from you guys.
He is currently serving as youth corp member.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
laminaria:

3-4months after d completion of ur last course is okay.
tank u so much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:18am On Sep 25, 2015
Ok, send a mail to erictack2003@gmail.com

zeusaqua:

Please Erictack203, i need ur help. Can u send me a mail on defus4dem@yahoo.com. i tried reaching u here but i just cant. I m new on NL...lol
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2015
hello peeps in Australia, I am considering to apply for masters @ the Charlse Darwin University & Edith Cowan University to study Electrical Engineering. I want to know if these university are good universities to acquire good knowledge. They both seem like 1 of the 2 cheapest universities in Australia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68