Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049279 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by litem234(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
litem234:
pls I need help for Australia tourist visa....how exactly do I get to do it to get it right. ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
@Ifeco1, i've sent you a message. Kindly check it. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
litem234:
pls I need help for Australia tourist visa....how exactly do I get to do it to get it right. ...
you actually have nothing to worry about. your account statement is well within d range. just study the immi.gov.au website for ur personal circumstances and the procedure for tourist visa. it is quite self explanatory.
the truth is dat most people here know abt student visas and PR route. But if u have any specific question after ur study/research then We can probably help then.
Also, I'll advise u to start ur processing on time to avoid Christmas rush and delay.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi Debsty, I doubt if you will be given points for your work experience pre-ICAN. You can only find out by applying for assessment with one of the assessing bodies. Package your documents well and include your BSc syllabus (if your BSc is in accounting) and ICAN syllabus.

Difference between 190 and 189 is that you get extra 5 points from the state sponsoring you for 190 and you will in return live in the state for the first two years of your stay in Oz. You need every points you can get as competition is high for accountants.

The earlier you start the process the better for you. Since you're 32 already, you may lose 5 points for any further delay. Also, you need to wrtie IELTS academic not general or the academic module of any other accepted english test (TOEFL, PTE); this is one of the requirements of the assessing bodies.

I wish you all the best.

debsty:
Hello,

Thanks Bellong for your response. Actually for the IELTS, I had 7.5 in each section except writing where I had 8 , Also I intend to still be 32 by the time I put in my application (Fingers crossed).

For the qualification, My 8 years is post BSc , 5 years of which is post ICAN. I am seriously hoping they will consider the whole 8 years , as I have been working in the same Company since I graduated and very much relevant to my chosen profession since day 1.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by debsty(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi all, thanks for responses, greatly invaluable. Ping2uk, thanks for your response.
Two things I worry about from your comments relates to the ones on experience and ielts. On experience , I am going for the external auditor , and I have actually done that since I had my Bsc in business admin, I have got a reference letter to support this, hopefully the whole 8 years would be considered. Also I have put together all docs from ICAN and BSc as I had some 4 papers exemption, and I have also included the handbook for the bsc courses, however I don't have the one for ICAN, do you reckon ICAA would ask for that?

For the IELTS, I did the general , did they specifically ask for the academic module during ur application? Nothing on their website says this. I have a friend who also sent the general but it was returned on the basis that he did not have 7 in each section and nothing was said about whether it was academic or general. Hopefully they would not mind either as am about to complete my docs to send to them. I will let the house knw if it is accepted.

Thanks again Ping2uk, will expect your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Since you're using ICAA, check the english language requirements in the link below:

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/How-to-Apply/Skills-assessment/English-language-requirement

As per the work experience, they start counting it from when you successfully completed the core knowledge areas. Check the link below:

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Changes-to-Migration-Assessments.aspx

I will suggest you make enquiries from ICAA before sending your application. Send them an email.

The requirements of all the assessing bodies are similar.

debsty:
Hi all, thanks for responses, greatly invaluable. Ping2uk, thanks for your response.
Two things I worry about from your comments relates to the ones on experience and ielts. On experience , I am going for the external auditor , and I have actually done that since I had my Bsc in business admin, I have got a reference letter to support this, hopefully the whole 8 years would be considered. Also I have put together all docs from ICAN and BSc as I had some 4 papers exemption, and I have also included the handbook for the bsc courses, however I don't have the one for ICAN, do you reckon ICAA would ask for that?

For the IELTS, I did the general , did they specifically ask for the academic module during ur application? Nothing on their website says this. I have a friend who also sent the general but it was returned on the basis that he did not have 7 in each section and nothing was said about whether it was academic or general. Hopefully they would not mind either as am about to complete my docs to send to them. I will let the house knw if it is accepted.

Thanks again Ping2uk, will expect your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
About four days. RMIT. The one I placed for UNSW didn't come through, so, I decided to stick to RMIT.
pristine88:

Great News.....How long Before You received an offer....And to what school?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
laminaria:
To God be the Glory, finally in Brisbane!
hardest part was to say goodbye to your love ones. really enjoyed my flight from mmia to doha, from doha to perth and finally to Brisbane.....first time on-board, it is a nice experience and dream comes true. new world new life it is beyond what i can type here.
God will make it happen for everyone, no visa refusal In Jesus name.
Hi dear, I'm sure u are enjoying oz now. Please I want to clarify something. when is ur course starting? next year right? did ur visa have d clause abt not traveling till ur OSHC starts, or have u heard abt it b4 n How one can handle it? I hope to sort this out b4 traveling hopefully next month. I know it has been mentioned earlier on this thread But I cant find it again.
Also, did u use IOM services for ur bookings?

p.s: I won't mind getting a response from other Gurus in oz
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Graham355: 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
chi50:

em.. Please I don't know if u did or didn't.....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nk1218: 4:53am On Oct 18, 2015
chi50,please how long did it take for you to get an offer from Holmesglen?..I applied but mine is not ready yet...expecting ur response,thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2015
Graham355:

em.. Please I don't know if u did or didn't.....
I dnt understand
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2015
nk1218:
chi50,please how long did it take for you to get an offer from Holmesglen?..I applied but mine is not ready yet...expecting ur response,thanks.
About 2 weeks. which course are u going for and which session? Hope to see u there. Tried replying ur pm But it failed.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nk1218: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
@chi50,thanks for ur response.I'm going for nursing,2016 february.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2015
plz my able e- family. I want to prove my home tie to my country by using my job offer letter cox I'm still working dia but the problem is DAT my name was mis-spelt in d offer letter. I know it can't be sent to Pretoria and wat if I swear an affidavit about it can my application fly.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nk1218: 9:02am On Oct 18, 2015
@chi50 what course are u going for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2015
nk1218:
@chi50 what course are u going for?
same, But bsc not diploma. Hurry n complete ur application joor, We gals gat to stick together. did u apply to any other school?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2015
I can see oga bellong in the house. Sir, please do u have any response to my question at laminaria?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:04am On Oct 18, 2015
chi50:
I can see oga bellong in the house. Sir, please do u have any response to my question at laminaria?

Congrats on your visa sis, I happy for u well well. See below for a response to your question;

''Depending on the student’s circumstances, OSHC that starts up to a month before their course commences could be purchased. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they don’t enter Australia before their OSHC begins.'' (copied from International Education website).

So basically, you can make an adjustment to your OSHC (at a cost, I believe) by contacting your insurance provider or your institution - if you arranged yours through them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2015
FutureDon:

Congrats on your visa sis, I happy for u well well. See below for a response to your question;

''Depending on the student’s circumstances, OSHC that starts up to a month before their course commences could be purchased. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they don’t enter Australia before their OSHC begins.'' (copied from International Education website).

So basically, you can make an adjustment to your OSHC (at a cost, I believe) by contacting your insurance provider or your institution - if you arranged yours through them.
Thanks dear, guess I'll contact them tomorrow and know what's up. because I'm sure there are people in this thread dat were able to travel even upto 4 months b4 their course.

Also, do u know anyone that used IOM recently. I'm planning to book thru them so I will like to hear abt people's experiences with their services.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2015
@Chi50,

I guess your question has been answered. I only know you can enter 4 months before your program starts but must have covering health insurance for the period. This is not different from what Futuredon posted.

IOM offers subsidized ticket and baggage allowance. It is not a bad service. However, if you have a long transit in Dubai, you wouldn't be lodged in a temporary hotel for the next flight unlike if you book without them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2015
chi50:
hello chi50, if your question is about oshc, oga bellong & great futuredon has said it all, but if otherwise pls re-qoute me, IOM is good mail them and get booking confirmation. it takes two weeks for the processing. wlc on board!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2015
bellong:
@Chi50,

I guess your question has been answered. I only know you can enter 4 months before your program starts but must have covering health insurance for the period. This is not different from what Futuredon posted.

IOM offers subsidized ticket and baggage allowance. It is not a bad service. However, if you have a long transit in Dubai, you wouldn't be lodged in a temporary hotel for the next flight unlike if you book without them.
Thanks dear
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2015
laminaria:

hello chi50, if your question is about oshc, oga bellong & great futuredon has said it all, but if otherwise pls re-qoute me, IOM is good mail them and get booking confirmation. it takes two weeks for the processing. wlc on board!
Hi, I've been trying to reply ur pm, But still failing to deliver.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
chetaRay:
plz my able e- family. I want to prove my home tie to my country by using my job offer letter cox I'm still working dia but the problem is DAT my name was mis-spelt in d offer letter. I know it can't be sent to Pretoria and wat if I swear an affidavit about it can my application fly.
plz reply me @ futuredon laminara chi50 ichilax lilspiceyy weemee
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by castrokins(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hi Guys,
I have been following this thread for a while now. I have today been convinced to throw in an attempt at moving to Aussie. I hold a Diploma in Marine Sciences and currently studying for a BSc in Environmental Resource Management. I have been working with a Federal University since 2013 as a Computer Operator (or data processor), implying that I have an appointment letter and pay slips. I'd like to know my chances with the stated information to help me make an informed decision going forward. Thanks in advance and God bless us all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
chetaRay:
plz reply me @ futuredon laminara chi50 ichilax lilspiceyy weemee
I dnt understand u. you can only use ur offer letter as home tie if it is clearly stated in d letter that d job will still be waiting for u wen u return. If u are 4 svp, then remember there are still other ways to prove ur gte.
An offer letter is however impt as evidence of ur work history so I guess u can swear an affidavit for it if u can't have it corrected. if ur employer is also willing to give u a ref letter, den it can also be stated there.
best of luck to u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
chi50:

I dnt understand u. you can only use ur offer letter as home tie if it is clearly stated in d letter that d job will still be waiting for u wen u return. If u are 4 svp, then remember there are still other ways to prove ur gte.
An offer letter is however impt as evidence of ur work history so I guess u can swear an affidavit for it if u can't have it corrected. if ur employer is also willing to give u a ref letter, den it can also be stated there.
best of luck to u
@bolded i guess u meant to say employment letter.
@chetaray: make sure u fill question 40, landed property, marriage certificate (if married), Registered Business in naija etc.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
no landed property or marriage cert or business
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.