Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1050227 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by eben1991: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2015
Good morning everyone, my passport got stolen with my mum car and it has expired last month, please can i just apply for re-issue of a new one or how do i go about it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello house,please I need help. I am considering a PhD programme In Australia. How do I go about it? I saw some scholarships available, but I will also need a supervisor before school accepts my application.
Gurus in the house,please helppp. Many thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
timikenzo2:
Hello house,please I need help. I am considering a PhD programme In Australia. How do I go about it? I saw some scholarships available, but I will also need a supervisor before school accepts my application.
Hi, Futuredon can help put you through. Futuredon (boss) help this one abeg
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
eben1991:
Good morning everyone, my passport got stolen with my mum car and it has expired last month, please can i just apply for re-issue of a new one or how do i go about it.
I think you have to speak to an immigration officer.
since we are in a new Government era some rules might have changed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
iriferi:

Hi, Futuredon can help put you through. Futuredon (boss) help this one abeg
@iriferi...thanks a lot.
Oga Futuredon......pls ur assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanksss
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bikerboy1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
debsty:
Thanks Kubbiebrownie,

Thanks for the direction. Had no idea at all. I have done it now and it indicated that the scores would reach the destination on a day or two.

Just to mention to everyone, I think the PTE Academic is not bad at all. Anyone intending to write an English test should go for it , though quite pressured, you need to concentrate fully for the 3hrs you have to complete it. But its quite rewarding in the end.

Cheers

question answered already. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by eben1991: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
iriferi:

I think you have to speak to an immigration officer.
since we are in a new Government era some rules might have changed

Thanks for ur response bro, please what was the former procedure if likely it has change?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:10am On Nov 15, 2015
I'm happy to announce that I arrived Melbourne safely today. My trip was smooth. IOM personnel received me in dubai. had another short stop over in Singapore. My bags were not opened by border patrol here. I declared my goods in d passenger card n during security check here my bags were sniffed b dogs.. I was scared oh because dogs scare me. But they were nice generally n organised. Anyway I'm still at d beautiful airport looking around. I pray this country favours us all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rolaesh: 1:59am On Nov 15, 2015
chi50:
I'm happy to announce that I arrived Melbourne safely today. My trip was smooth. IOM personnel received me in dubai. had another short stop over in Singapore. My bags were not opened by border patrol here. I declared my goods in d passenger card n during security check here my bags were sniffed b dogs.. I was scared oh because dogs scare me. But they were nice generally n organised. Anyway I'm still at d beautiful airport looking around. I pray this country favours us all.

Amen @chi50. you shall be favoured. once again congratulations

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2015
eben1991:

Thanks for ur response bro, please what was the former procedure if likely it has change?
the former procedure is to go to Abuja for a renewal. I think you have to present a police report about the stolen one. but it's no big deal. I don't know if they do renewal in Lagos. All I know is that it cost more in lagos than abuja. because the Immi officers will still bring your application to abuja
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2015
Congrats your testimony shalll be permanent IJN and you will be favoured in allyour doings over there.

Enjoy

chi50:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2015
@Chi50 Congrats your testimony shalll be permanent IJN and you will be favoured in allyour doings over there.

Enjoy

chi50:

Babahafusaa:
Congrats your testimony shalll be permanent IJN and you will be favoured in allyour doings over there.

Enjoy

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2015
With the Paris attack, AL3 will now be 4 months or 5 set, all in the name of Terrorism. May God save us from Extremist of all kind.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2015
Thank God for Journey mercies. Thanks for sharing. I wish you happy stay.
chi50:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2015
timikenzo2:

Iriferi, I hail you.

timikenzo2 I may be able to offer suggestions/advise based on my experience applying to PhD programs. I must warn you that it is a tedious process. Yes, there are scholarships but very competitive. I am not saying these to scare you but to sort of paint a picture of what lies ahead. Yes, you need to secure a supervisor before your app can be considered for admission/scholarship. I would contact as many potential supervisors as possible.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Babahafusaa:

@Chi50 Congrats your testimony shalll be permanent IJN and you will be favoured in allyour doings over there.
Enjoy
chi50:

thanks dear.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
EEAA:
Thank God for Journey mercies. Thanks for sharing. I wish you happy stay.
Thank u my professional colleague. Australia is waiting to welcome you too

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
rolaesh:

Amen @chi50. you shall be favoured. once again congratulations
I appreciate , rolaesh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes o. We're joining you soon. Please I need tips on the kind of food items to pack.
chi50:

Thank u my professional colleague. Australia is waiting to welcome you too
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello All, I just drafted my SOP and would want an expert to preview it for corrections.
please who can help out?!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
chi50:

Thank God for journey mercies.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Congratulation Chi50... a silent reader going PR route.
chi50:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
FutureDon:

Iriferi, I hail you.

timikenzo2 I may be able to offer suggestions/advise based on my experience applying to PhD programs. I must warn you that it is a tedious process. Yes, there are scholarships but very competitive. I am not saying these to scare you but to sort of paint a picture of what lies ahead. Yes, you need to secure a supervisor before your app can be considered for admission/scholarship. I would contact as many potential supervisors as possible.

I am most grateful .....Are you on scholarship? I don't mind paying my fees.....just to know what the application process is like and how long it takes getting a supervisor. Can I drop my mail address ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
chi50:

hi, thank God for journey mercies. I just wanted to knw if u submitted ur parents marriage certificate and parents birth certificates and those of ur siblings to the embassy when u applied for visa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
oudodi:

hi, thank God for journey mercies. I just wanted to knw if u submitted ur parents marriage certificate and parents birth certificates and those of ur siblings to the embassy when u applied for visa?
no, nothing like that at all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
PLZ I GOT ADMISSION FOR MASTERS FROM GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY.

I HAVE PAID MY FEES LAST WEEK ND WANT TO PROCESS MY ECOE FROM THE SCHOOL TRU MY AGENT ( BCIE)

BUT MY AGENT WIC IS BCIE IS REQUESTING THAT I SUBMIT A THREE MONTH STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FROM MY FATHER TO ENABLE ME GET MY ECOE.

SO MY DEAR BROS ND SIS AT GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY OR ANYONE WITH GOOD INFORMATION IS DIS DEVELOPMENT A NORMAL ONE OR PART OF THE PROCESS TO GET A ECOE.

BCOX BCIE ARE REALLY GETTING ME VERY ANGRY WITH THEIR DEMANDS AS THE DAY GOES BY. PLX I NEED UR REPLIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. @ ALL
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weemee: 2:10am On Nov 16, 2015
Your chances are good as your 2-2 should not be an hindrance. A good portfolio and experience is an added advantage. Good luck!

lusen:

Good day. I have plans to do my masters degree in architecture in Australia too. I've applied to deakin. what are my chances? I finished with a 2-2. which uni are you? any advice for me? looking forward to hearing from you. thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 4:01am On Nov 16, 2015
timikenzo2:
I am most grateful .....Are you on scholarship? I don't mind paying my fees.....just to know what the application process is like and how long it takes getting a supervisor. Can I drop my mail address ?

I am. PhD applications vary from Uni to Uni. All the advice that I will give will be based on my experience applying to the "big boys". Getting a supervisor may take days, weeks or even months depending on how prompt the Prof responds to emails. I remember receiving responses to some of my emails after I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Typically, the process include:
Find a supervisor
Discuss potential projects with the supervisor
Write a research proposal
Supervisor officially agrees if convinced that one is ready for the "game" ahead
Apply for admission and/or scholarship: In most cases, applications are first considered for admission (5weeks +) before onward consideration for scholarships (8wks +). For instance, one's application might be successful for admission but not for scholarship.

Most importantly, your first email needs to be "catchy". Also, it will be of importance to let them know that you'll be applying as a self-funded student as a lot of them consider funding before agreeing to act as a supervisor.

You are welcome to send me a PM if you have more personal questions to ask. I know there are 2 other PhD students on this thread, albeit missing in action, who might want to add one or two points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 5:56am On Nov 16, 2015
chetaRay:
PLZ I GOT ADMISSION FOR MASTERS FROM GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY.

I HAVE PAID MY FEES LAST WEEK ND WANT TO PROCESS MY ECOE FROM THE SCHOOL TRU MY AGENT ( BCIE)

BUT MY AGENT WIC IS BCIE IS REQUESTING THAT I SUBMIT A THREE MONTH STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FROM MY FATHER TO ENABLE ME GET MY ECOE.

SO MY DEAR BROS ND SIS AT GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY OR ANYONE WITH GOOD INFORMATION IS DIS DEVELOPMENT A NORMAL ONE OR PART OF THE PROCESS TO GET A ECOE.

BCOX BCIE ARE REALLY GETTING ME VERY ANGRY WITH THEIR DEMANDS AS THE DAY GOES BY. PLX I NEED UR REPLIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. @ ALL
it is not normal for them to hold your ECOE pending when you provide a statement of account.
that said, BCIE has a 90% success rate when it comes to Australia Visa (I guess) and so they are trying to maintain that record.
what branch of bcie? Abuja or Lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 6:29am On Nov 16, 2015
iriferi:

it is not normal for them to hold your ECOE pending when you provide a statement of account.
that said, BCIE has a 90% success rate when it comes to Australia Visa (I guess) and so they are trying to maintain that record.
what branch of bcie? Abuja or Lagos?

@iriferi

its dia lagos branch oo. its not getting it from BCIE. but they said dey need to submit the statement to griffith university before they will send my ecoe
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2015
chetaRay:

@iriferi

its dia lagos branch oo. its not getting it from BCIE. but they said dey need to submit the statement to griffith university before they will send my ecoe
you don't need to send your SOA to griffith to get an ECOE. tell them to give yiu your ECOE. they already have it with them. Don't smile, be serious about it.
it is also written in the griffith handbook. after payment of the required amount of tuition fees and OSHC you'll get your ECOE.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 7:26am On Nov 16, 2015
owenklay:
Hi all,

Got my 574 visa yesterday....applied 15 May from the UK. Heading to Newcastle, NSW. Anyone heading there or currently based around that axis should holla.

This thread has been so so so helpful. Thanks to you all. Now I can get to contribute meaningfully and hope to give 'real-life updates' when I get to Australia.

Cheers!

Hello, how has life been in Newcastle?
I wanted to find out abt accommodation and part time job in Newcastle in Australia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)