Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052417 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
lchilax:
congrats ooooo Our God is good
Please can you tell us how long you waited till you got it,and do you have any dependants? Did they make any contacts to you at all?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dav6: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
@IIIspiceyy wow congratulations I'm so happy for you...it shall be a fruitful for you ijn...I celebrate you...when did u summit ur application? I guess u r on svp? Were u called for interview?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dav6:
@IIIspiceyy wow congratulations I'm so happy for you...it shall be a fruitful for you ijn...I celebrate you...when did u summit ur application? I guess u r on svp? Were u called for interview?
Thanks I wish u same too and Yes I am on SVP. I applied 15th may, it was received 20th may, I was called for interview on the 27th of may and got my grant today 4th June.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by youngpboy: 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Thanks missakomaye(we shall celebrate u soonest), chuckdee and youngpboy.

AMEN @lilspiceyy and God bless you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Thanks I wish u same too and Yes I am on SVP. I applied 15th may, it was received 20th may, I was called for interview on the 27th of may and got my grant today 4th June.
You are very lucky @ lillspicey....so fast!!!! Am so happy for you oo,ohooo God we are waiting on you....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dav6: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
@IIIspiceyy...pls how did u get to know that it was received 20th after u submitted 15th? Coz I'm yet to receive any notification to that effect..since I submitted..thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dav6:
@IIIspiceyy...pls how did u get to know that it was received 20th after u submitted 15th? Coz I'm yet to receive any notification to that effect..since I submitted..thanks
There was no notification sent. I saw it on my grant(dey wrote the date they received it).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
timikenzo2:

You are very lucky @ lillspicey....so fast!!!! Am so happy for you oo,ohooo God we are waiting on you....
It wasn't luck my dear, it was God at work! Together wit prayers and fasting.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
@Lilspiceyy, congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you, dear. Where r u headed? We meet soon over there. Explore the IOM opportunity, very cost effective.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
lighternote:
@Lilspiceyy, congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you, dear. Where r u headed? We meet soon over there. Explore the IOM opportunity, very cost effective.
Am heading to Perth. Yes oooo IOM all d way grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
jukeblam:
Hello house,
For PR applicants, kindly tell, how was your academic transcript sent to the assessing authority?

Engineers Australia has it as part of the documents to be uploaded; however, as our universities here only send it to other institutions I have never gotten by hand. Do I need to figure out a way to get it myself or I just have it sent to Oz directly?

Thanks.

Your school will send it to Engineer Australia. Give them the address during application for the transcript.

If EA requires that you attach unofficial copy, then request for student copy of your transcript.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
bellong:

Your school will send it to Engineer Australia. Give them the address during application for the transcript.

If EA requires that you attach unofficial copy, then request for student copy of your transcript.

Thats not right, EA assessment is now 100 percent online and all they need are scanned copies of your Original Documents including your transcript and certificate.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
johnsontade:

Thats not right, EA assessment is now 100 percent online and all they need are scanned copies of your Original Documents including your transcript and certificate.

I believe you read the second paragraph.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
bellong:

I did and thats why i said they don't accept hard copies any longer. Everything is done online and its pretty much faster than it used to be.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Do Australian universities require references? Recently applied and it wasn't a requirement.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
bellong:

Like ACS, u just certify a copy and that makes it official. He shld find a way to get it from his school... it is cheaper even.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:

There was no notification sent. I saw it on my grant(dey wrote the date they received it).
congrats!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
thx so much!!! I key in to this prayer cheesy
lilspiceyy:
Thanks missakomaye(we shall celebrate u soonest), chuckdee and youngpboy.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Dear efamily, the lord is AWESOME! Pls thank him on my behalf finally, I got my 572 subclass visa grant! Dis is like a dream I still can't believe it honestly. I want to say a special thank you to pmiller1, @mrnilobrown( he believed in me and encouraged me to try OZ) and @wahabcoal (always there to ans my questions and my prayer buddy) and everyone in da house.
CongratulTions....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Congratulations my sister... Cheers!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scole1989: 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have just received an offer to do a Masters in Hospitality in Sydney.
I currently reside in Canada and my pr situation did not pan out.
So i am looking to make the move to Sydney.
I have a few questions and will appreciate any feedback.
1.) Is it easy to make the transition from a post graduate work permit to Permanent Residence?
2.) How is the hospitality, marketing and events job market in Sydney? Are there lots of entry level jobs available?
3.) How long is the visa processing time from Nigeria.
4) I know the populations is 97% white and coming from a multicultural country like Canada, how does sydney compare to say Toronto or Calgary. Are there black hair salons available?
5.) Is there any one on here that has made a similar move especially someone in a the marketing/events/advertising etc field. I would love to here from you.

Thanks everyone smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
More Good News to Everyone

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
scole1989:
Hi everyone,

1.) Is it easy to make the transition from a post graduate work permit to Permanent Residence?
2.) How is the hospitality, marketing and events job market in Sydney? Are there lots of entry level jobs available?
3.) How long is the visa processing time from Nigeria.
4) I know the populations is 97% white and coming from a multicultural country like Canada, how does sydney compare to say Toronto or Calgary. Are there black hair salons available?
5.) Is there any one on here that has made a similar move especially someone in a the marketing/events/advertising etc field. I would love to here from you.

Thanks everyone smiley
What challengies are you facing feting PR in CANADA, did u study there?

From the current trend here and outta here u will probably not get OZ visa if u apply fron Canada. So b ready to land naija to apply fron there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy yayyy congrats *HUGS* wish I could follow you ehn cheesy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Dear efamily, the lord is AWESOME! Pls thank him on my behalf finally, I got my 572 subclass visa grant! Dis is like a dream I still can't believe it honestly. I want to say a special thank you to pmiller1, @mrnilobrown( he believed in me and encouraged me to try OZ) and @wahabcoal (always there to ans my questions and my prayer buddy) and everyone in da house.
congratz dear. pls did u include any dependants?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 12:26am On Jun 05, 2015
Phemorinho:

congratz dear. pls did u include any dependants?
Nope. Just me smiley. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 12:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Preciousstones:
lilspiceyy yayyy congrats *HUGS* wish I could follow you ehn cheesy
Thanks dear. grin. *hugs*
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2015
omooba2015:

Congratulations my sister... Cheers!
Thanks bro. Godwin*
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:30am On Jun 05, 2015
jukeblam:
Hello house,
For PR applicants, kindly tell, how was your academic transcript sent to the assessing authority?

Engineers Australia has it as part of the documents to be uploaded; however, as our universities here only send it to other institutions I have never gotten by hand. Do I need to figure out a way to get it myself or I just have it sent to Oz directly?

Thanks.

Follow the instructions given on their website to the letter. Endeavour to get hardcopy of your transcript by hand,scan and upload the copy as stated in order not to delay your assessment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:39am On Jun 05, 2015
scole1989:
Hi everyone,

1.) Is it easy to make the transition from a post graduate work permit to Permanent Residence? You will be eligible for post graduate visa if you meet Australian study requirements i.e you must study for at least 2yrs at minimum Bsc level. There is no guarantee of securing PR after your Post graduate visa, you must be eligible for it either through skilled migration path or family.
2.) How is the hospitality, marketing and events job market in Sydney? Are there lots of entry level jobs available? check www.seek.com.au or www.indeed.com.au
3.) How long is the visa processing time from Nigeria. I think it depends majorly on documents provided. One could get visa within 3wks or more.
4) I know the populations is 97% white and coming from a multicultural country like Canada, how does sydney compare to say Toronto or Calgary. Are there black hair salons available? [b]Yes, Australia is a multicultural country. There are several nationalities in Sydney. There plenty black hair salons in Sydney.
[/b]5.) Is there any one on here that has made a similar move especially someone in a the marketing/events/advertising etc field. I would love to here from you.

Thanks everyone smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 1:03am On Jun 05, 2015
ferdimako:

congrats!
I could remember wat u told me wen I was still battling wit canada. Thks smiley.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 2:42am On Jun 05, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Congrats!!! What state?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.