Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049684 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Adetoi01:
Good day e-fam, please, for those who are in Oz already or have the experience, how do I handle my arrival issue as I don't have anyone on ground? I've been trying to secure temporary accommodation on gumtree, easyroommate, flatmate, unilodge etc, and no headway. Abeg, any great suggestion would be welcomed. I'm to arrive Melbourne by 12th of Feb. Thanks.

Keep searching Gumtree bro, if you've got friends in Melbourne, advise them to call landlords on your behalf as it seems to be more effective that way. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
bellong:

Why would the action of one person make you always deny your state of origin?

The guy's action should be condemned. However, I do not see it as standing in the way of others. It is an isolated case, so the action of one can't be used to judge many. It becomes a problem if "Nigerians" are caught on a weekly basis for transporting illicit drugs.

The locals and Kiwis do the deals more especially ICE.

I have never at anytime think twice about it. I am from Nigeria is always the answer.

As quoted in my previous post, I am proudly Nigerian you read that isn't it? A lot of Nigerians make me proud to be one - infact I once told someone I'm Nigerian and the first question she asked was oh! You know Chinua Achebe, and yes! This person is Italian Australian. Most of my friends who aren't even black know that I'm Nigerian - I bet they wouldn't have known that if I didn't tell them. Let's not hide behind a finger, terrible Nigerians such as Jackson would definitely ruin chances for genuine students - that's a fact. Don't even try to justify what he did by bringing in the KIWI drug saga into this matter, drug dealings and usage is a big issue all over the world and I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, Kiwis still have a cleaner sheet than our already soiled image and you know what? You and I will eventually be judged by the deeds of desperate fools such as Jackson "accept that fact or not" and NO, Kiwis don't bring international disgrace to their country as much as we do. These are my opinion "that's if I'm still entitled to one"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by castrokins(m): 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
We're In A Very Difficult Situation

Am Just Thinking, Can't One Possibly Pay Over In Aussie On Your Behalf Just To Have You Meet Your Timeline, While You Deposit The Equivalent Into Either Their Dorm Or Current Account Here In Nigeria?

Someone Should Have Been In This Exchange Business By Now To Help Applicant In Dire Situations As This.

Just My Thoughts....

jorgan:
Hello guys, if you got admission and u r yet to pay your fees pls indicate. Forex situation in Nigeria is making things really tight now.

I got admission with UoN and since the beginning of this year, I hv been trying to pay my fees using the Form A. I m due for resumption latest by February 5.

I filled the form with FirstBank on the 4th of January using my personal account and because of SVP 573 rules which required that I pay a deposit of my tuition fees before being issued eCoE to apply for visa, I had to pressurize the bank to hasten the process as I have roughly 5 weeks to get my eCoE, medical tests, then apply for visa (which takes max of 3 weeks to be granted).

Like play, one week had gone and I didn't receive any notification that the payment transaction was made. I became confused then went to the bank to find out wat was going on, the western union guy told me that CBN allows just a day in a week for foreign exchange and between 8am - 11am during this window. I got pissed and felt that the guy wasn't willing to help so I told him to stop.

My dad also uses FirstBank and has a good account officer so I transferred the money for my fees to his account mandating him to sign the Form A on my behalf. His account officer assured me that it will be done and was willing to help.

Then just this morning, I called the man and he informed me on how difficult it will be to process it on time as CBN has everyone knows has limited flow of forex to banks and it's not available at this time.

This is the story of my life right now, I don't know wat else to do, I m running out of time. I do not know when commercial banks will hv enough forex to process payment of school fees.

Does or did anyone encounter this problem? How did u go about it if u did encounter the problem and was able to pay ur fees? Pls house ur response is needed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
castrokins:

Am Just Thinking, Can't One Possibly Pay Over In Aussie On Your Behalf Just To Have You Meet Your Timeline, While You Deposit The Equivalent Into Either Their Dorm Or Current Account Here In Nigeria?

Someone Should Have Been In This Exchange Business By Now To Help Applicant In Dire Situations As This.

Just My Thoughts....

hi, you are talking of millions here, how easy is it to have such money in OZ? A word for folks, if you decide to use above method, be extremely careful because it is better your money is safe with you with a deferred admission than being defrauded. I am yet to complete my payment because of this same issue, thankfully my naija cards are working but in little bits (max is $200 for stanbic and access while gt is $400 atm daily withdrawals) so you need at least 1 week withdrawal to sum up $4,000.rate is $1 -N188 to N190 between these banks.
My advice is for you to ask the school for their account details explain the situation of things to them, look for a genuine big bdc operator (try the airport bdc operator offices), prices may be a bit high but you will definitely get the cash.The bdc operator can also help you transfer the funds or you will need a dorm account to initiate the transaction.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
castrokins:

Just My Thoughts....

You are making absolute sense and I also gave that a tot, I am currently in contact with one of us here in other to get it done, just waiting for the outcome of my application by CBN on Friday before I make this move.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
I started reasoning towards PFL.
Yes! Becox my refusal letter confuses me.
And I'm afraid if nothing changed in that application, when I re-applies. Denial would still be the outcome.

I've giving them Agent to review my matter and give me feedback.
Meanwhile some people are also advising me to look towards CANADA.

But b4 then, I have asked for a refund & them Refund team seems to be sleeping.
They've not send an Acknowledgement letter or anything.
And now I want to know if anybody here has ever gotten refund from AUSSIE and how Long does it take?.
I need to start thinking straight once more.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Dara01:

Please how many days after you paid into IOMLagos account did it take for them to email your ticket ?
Paid on Thurs and got it on Mon. You need to follow it up with email cos most times IOM Lagos are slow in their actions

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
Wow! That's cheap bro.

jorgan:

Engineering management / university of Newcastle

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lol. Now ppl no fit pay School fees embarassed, there is God sha.

symbian03:

I personally voted your so called "grand pa" because your brother GEJ was too smart to govern Nigeria cool
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Refund take 3-4weeks, depending on your rapour, sometimes one week.

I will also advice you to check and be sure that your School is not among the 6 Colleges closed down in Australia. Try to call them.

STAugustineOf13:
And I'm afraid if nothing changed in that application, when I re-applies. Denial would still be the outcome.

And now I want to know if anybody here has ever gotten refund from AUSSIE and how Long does it take?.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
bellong:

Why would the action of one person make you always deny your state of origin?

The guy's action should be condemned. However, I do not see it as standing in the way of others. It is an isolated case, so the action of one can't be used to judge many. It becomes a problem if "Nigerians" are caught on a weekly basis for transporting illicit drugs.

The locals and Kiwis do the deals more especially ICE.

I have never at anytime think twice about it. I am from Nigeria is always the answer.
Nigeria is worth denying bro grin... I use to tell one of my galfriend then in school -i wish we make more money more than we argue- in Nigeria I wish our leaders do more than they say, believe oz guys will be ticketing to naija
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
erictack203:
Wow! That's cheap bro.

Boss, dats 1/3 of my fees actually...its the deposit to accept my offer.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dara01: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Mikey:

Paid on Thurs and got it on Mon. You need to follow it up with email cos most times IOM Lagos are slow in their actions
Okay, thank you, I will follow up.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
sftt:
Thanks you so much. We would see what we can do around it. the money no be YAM O!!!

I tell you! Anything OZ is pricey.

I hope you find a way around it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I tell you! Anything OZ is pricey.

I hope you find a way around it.
If na so dem dey make the money for there. grin We don't have anything to regret my dear. grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
erictack203:
Refund take 3-4weeks, depending on your rapour, sometimes one week.

I will also advice you to check and be sure that your School is not among the 6 Colleges closed down in Australia. Try to call them.

Baba you wan kill your boy?.
Close down kwa? grin
Na heart failure straight ooo.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
My broda! It's cheap, I tell u. Ppl pay far higher deposits than this.

jorgan:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by castrokins(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Keep Calm Bro
I Read Of A Laminari Guy Here Who's Denied Sometime Ago. He Braced Up And Eventually Made It Through. In Any Case, You'll Get Your Refund To The Last Kobo. Atleast, Refund Cases Abound On This Thread.
Do Everything You Can To Stay Positive Please.
Thanks

STAugustineOf13:

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
No heart failure. You will be fine. Get your refund and try 573.

STAugustineOf13:

Baba you wan kill your boy?.
Close down kwa? grin
Na heart failure straight ooo.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 3:03am On Jan 14, 2016
symbian03 - boss, you can not be proud of being Nigerian and hesitate telling people you are from Nigeria whenever you get asked smiley. I agree with bellong's views. Tbh, there are countries as corrupt as our motherland. I remember chatting a lady from Sri Lanka the other day, she smiled immediately I told her I'm Nigerian and she said ''don't worry, we both have something in common, a corrupt Government". No need to go into the details of our subsequent convo.

Sadly, on many occasions, the tone of conversation has changed from interested to disinterested whenever ignorant non-Nigerians found out I'm Nigerian. It's actually worse here than it was back in England. I care less about this. I have this little Nigerian flag (with "Nigeria" boldly written on it) on my desk in the Uni. It's a subtle message to my fellow ignorant colleagues to let me be if they can't have a conversation without prejudice.

Overall, the enlightened/sensible non-Nigerians know that the action of one can't be used to judge many as bellong rightly said.

This is not the aim of this thread but I thought I should add a few lines. Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 8:13am On Jan 14, 2016
FutureDon:
symbian03 - boss, you can not be proud of being Nigerian and hesitate telling people you are from Nigeria whenever you get asked smiley. I agree with bellong's views. Tbh, there are countries as corrupt as our motherland. I remember chatting a lady from Sri Lanka the other day, she smiled immediately I told her I'm Nigerian and she said ''don't worry, we both have something in common, a corrupt Government". No need to go into the details of our subsequent convo.

Sadly, on many occasions, the tone of conversation has changed from interested to disinterested whenever ignorant non-Nigerians found out I'm Nigerian. It's actually worse here than it was back in England. I care less about this. I have this little Nigerian flag (with "Nigeria" boldly written on it) on my desk in the Uni. It's a subtle message to my fellow ignorant colleagues to let me be if they can't have a conversation without prejudice.

Overall, the enlightened/sensible non-Nigerians know that the action of one can't be used to judge many as bellong rightly said.

This is not the aim of this thread but I thought I should add a few lines. Cheers.

Your point noted. But it is quite amazing that both you and bellong couldn't deduce my point exactly. Similar scenario of a Nigerian associated with illicit drugs also occurred in Sydney some years back. This is nothing to be proud of as a foreigner and I'll stand on my beliefs no matter how unreasonable I may sound as regards this matter. I'm a Nigerian to the core but what "some" desperate Nigerians do both home and abroad is nothing to be proud of.

Now let's not divert what this thread is meant for.
Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:53am On Jan 14, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2016
erictack203:
Old list bro.....

My Broda na sooo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jayooh: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
That being said, u total fees (I.e. Say about 33,000) is it for a year? 18months or 2yrs?
Thanks.
Plus did uni of Newcastle require English test for admission?

jorgan:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
jayooh:
That being said, u total fees (I.e. Say about 33,000) is it for a year? 18months or 2yrs?
Thanks.
Plus did uni of Newcastle require English test for admission?

It's precisely 29,991 AU$ for 12 months. The program length is 12months. You won't be able to apply on your own, you will be asked to go thru an agent.

Just use PFL. Newcastle didn't require English when I applied. I just wasted my time writing ielts tests. Got an offer letter from the school very quick!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
i applied for SVP 573 on the 7 of december last year. sinxs i hvnt gotten any reply till now. i mailed dem yestrday to enquire d status of my application. but i got a mail dis morning from pretoria saying dat d application will be finalised in 3weeks time. i just got so confused as to y d delay from dem ......knowing very well dat most schools will start by february. dey dont even want to giv d applicant time to prepare both mentally financially nd materially.

but a frend told me d app might be finalised even before then. that dey dont want any disturbance from me again till dey decide my fate nd dat is y dey gave me 3weeks.

im just kinda confused cox i hv kept everyting i need to buy pending..........following d outcome of my app.

well its just for dox in my shoes to b aware. both doz who submitted before or after me.

CIAO
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
chetaRay:
i applied for SVP 573 on the 7 of december last year. sinxs i hvnt gotten any reply till now. i mailed dem yestrday to enquire d status of my application. but i got a mail dis morning from pretoria saying dat d application will be finalised in 3weeks time. i just got so confused as to y d delay from dem ......knowing very well dat most schools will start by february. dey dont even want to giv d applicant time to prepare both mentally financially nd materially.

but a frend told me d app might be finalised even before then. that dey dont want any disturbance from me again till dey decide my fate nd dat is y dey gave me 3weeks.

im just kinda confused cox i hv kept everyting i need to buy pending..........following d outcome of my app.

well its just for dox in my shoes to b aware. both doz who submitted before or after me.

CIAO
Count 30 working days from the day you applied... That's when you will get your visa... Check others that got there's it was exactly 29-30days so relax your visa is either Monday or Wednesday. Just like mine grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
jorgan:

It's precisely 29,991 AU$ for 12 months. The program length is 12months. You won't be able to apply on your own, you will be asked to go thru an agent.

Just use PFL. Newcastle didn't require English when I applied. I just wasted my time writing ielts tests. Got an offer letter from the school very quick!
UNC is cheap bro... Compared to other uni, I tried without agent and I was offered an admission from their college diploma to bsc 2yrs engineering course costing 10,000aud per semester total of 40,000, and for sure embassy will demand for ur English test so ur ilets is not useless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
chetaRay:

CIAO

You submitted on a saturday?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
pristine88:

You submitted on a saturday?
@Pristine..7th of Dec is on a Monday...@chetaray, I think we r on d same boat cos I submitted on the 8th of dec (tuesday) but no response yet.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
please this 30 days is it including saturday and sunday or just working days (i.e monday to friday)?
Triggeredsam:

Count 30 working days from the day you applied... That's when you will get your visa... Check others that got there's it was exactly 29-30days so relax your visa is either Monday or Wednesday. Just like mine grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.