Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045683 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Hello, howmuch were you charged by IOM for your trip to Melbourne and what pathway are you using to enter Australia? Is it Study or PR?

Thanks in anticipation to your response.

enilim:
Thank you all for sharing the info on IOM. I used them and am currently en route to Melbourne. God bless ya all for sharing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2015
erictack2003:
Hello, howmuch were you charged by IOM for your trip to Melbourne and what pathway are you using to enter Australia? Is it Study or PR?

Thanks in anticipation to your response.

You have not started the process, you are asking about flight ticket.

Putting the cart before the horse...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2015
Try Chisholm TAFE packaged offer for SVP.

shapoh:
its called jti, or do u ave a school with packaged with a uni for svp?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2015
Accountants in the building!

Abeg, which of the assessing bodies for accountants is the best and fastest? Bjayzeez

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by macbernard: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2015
Well done to everybody in the house & congrats to the new visa grantees....

Dear experienced house members, Please help address this issue that is currently tugging at my mind. I have a B.Sc in biochemistry from a federal university. It's a 4 year course but i completed it in 3 years cos i was admitted via direct entry with my IJMB A Levels result. Now, i want to assess with VETASSESS, what are my chances for a positive assessment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

Abeg, which of the assessing bodies for accountants is the best and fastest? Bjayzeez

Bjayzeez is a geologist.

macbernard:
Well done to everybody in the house & congrats to the new visa grantees....
Dear experienced house members, Please help address this issue that is currently tugging at my mind. I have a B.Sc in biochemistry from a federal university. It's a 4 year course but i completed it in 3 years cos i was admitted via direct entry with my IJMB A Levels result. Now, i want to assess with VETASSESS, what are my chances for a positive assessment.

Include your IJMB result in the package and explain why it took you three years. However, the core biochemistry courses start from part. The IJMB result will cover the basic sciences for year one.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by macbernard: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks Bellong.

But what about the fact that IJMB has no transcript...just grades {A,B,C,D & E}... ?
bellong:

Bjayzeez is a geologist.

Include your IJMB result in the package and explain why it took you three years. However, the core biochemistry courses start from part. The IJMB result will cover the basic sciences for year one.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2015
macbernard:
Thanks Bellong.

But what about the fact that IJMB has no transcript...just grades {A,B,C,D & E}... ?

The grade is the transcript.

Does it not include subjects you sat for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by macbernard: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2015
That's true..
tanx bro
bellong:

The grade is the transcript.

Does it not include subjects you sat for?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2015
Which process? Are you in my shoes? You guys should know how you talk on this tread, are you a teacher?

Do you know y I am asking for flight ticket? Did I ask you?

bellong:

You have not started the process, you are asking about flight ticket.

Putting the cart before the horse...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2015
@bellong. I beliv this thread is for sharing informations and not competition of Visas. That's the problem with you Nigerians, always wanting to spoil good opportunities by all means Bcus of unnecessary in-fighting. That your quote was indeed childish and reckless!

erictack2003:
Which process? Are you in my shoes? You guys should know how you talk on this tread, are you a teacher?

Do you know y I am asking for flight ticket? Did I ask you?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 07, 2015
@bellong. Now you are here misleading this young person intending to get simple information towards a better life and future! Hiss**

bellong:

First step is can you afford to pay tuition fee of between $30k-$45k per year?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2015
Hello my friend. SVP programs in Australia cost b/w AU$20,000 to AU$28,000 annually. Can you state your desired course/program for us to advice you with the relevant Institutions or the needy?

Regards.

JJCE:
am new here and i just finish my secondary school, and i will like to school in australia, anyone i can send that i can text through his or her mail, dat will explained and guide me through the method of application..

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2015
Oh! I meant to say prechear
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2015
erictack2003:
@bellong. I beliv this thread is for sharing informations and not competition of Visas. That's the problem with you Nigerians, always wanting to spoil good opportunities by all means Bcus of unnecessary in-fighting. That your quote was indeed childish and reckless!

Sorry if my statement annoyed you. Pele.

After paying tuition fee, will he be sleeping inside classroom? Will he be drinking water.

I apologize for trying to comment on your question. It wouldn't repeat itself again.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JJCE(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2015
erictack2003:
Hello my friend. SVP programs in Australia cost b/w AU$20,000 to AU$28,000 annually. Can you state your desired course/program for us to advice you with the relevant Institutions or the needy?

Regards.

thanks bro, sociology or international relation..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bjayzeez: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2015
Bellong thanks o...bossladymo1 wan change my profession lol.

I recently did an inquiry about the assessments for accountants for a friend... What I gathered (I may be wrong) was that icaa was for chartered accountants, ipa seemed easy to pull thru, and it doesn't take too long. I think they publish average waiting times on their website

bellong:

Bjayzeez is a geologist.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
bjayzeez:
Bellong thanks o...bossladymo1 wan change my profession lol.

I recently did an inquiry about the assessments for accountants for a friend... What I gathered (I may be wrong) was that icaa was for chartered accountants, ipa seemed easy to pull thru, and it doesn't take too long. I think they publish average waiting times on their website

So IPA is a better deal yea? Do you know if they need to submit employment experience as well, or can an assessment of qualifications alone be done? Someone I know wants to start the process. He doeant have ICAN tho, but has a Masters degree in Finance...BSc Accounting.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bjayzeez: 11:07am On Jun 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

So IPA is a better deal yea? Do you know if they need to submit employment experience as well, or can an assessment of qualifications alone be done? Someone I know wants to start the process. He doeant have ICAN tho, but has a Masters degree in Finance...BSc Accounting.

They have 2 different packages. One for qualifications the other for employment. But I think it's better to assess both... At least that's what I'd do if it was me . Follow this link ... https://www.publicaccountants.org.au/about-us/immigration/what-is-a-qualifications-assessment

And remember at least 7.0 band in each module of academic ielts.

Omooba2015 is also an accountant and I think he's at this stage
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Laminaria, my course falls under health cos u get to work in an aged care facility. Bt wats yur qualification? Does it correlates? Those will be the questions the school will ask u. They are now strict wit students from naija ooo don't knw y. A frnd (a male) was denied for my course after a month of trying. I think it's because he is switching from IT to Community sector management.
I have ND in science lab tech....
bin trying to add u for more info abt or school, how u package it n others........ tanx
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2015
Ok.

that process will be fine, apart from your O'level, did you have any other qualification? if no, you can apply to study at: www.cdu.au(Charles Darwin University in the Northern Territory). there have programs that are relevant to your intended Study Career. and you will not sleep in the classroom.

The University will package you for a Certificate program towards a Bsc program (3yrs 5months total). where you will be required to pay AU$6,000 fee deposit and OSHC AU$2,800 (Total AU$8,800 or AU$9,000, approx NGN1,450,000) to get your CoE and its a speed SVP. the annual cost will be AU$18,000 to AU$20,000 max.

Visa practicalities and medical will cost:

1. Visa Fee (80,600) and teleperformace fee: NGN6,700.

2. Medical: NGN35,000 to NGN45,000.

For accommodation, you can Use International House Darwin (IHD) for AU$146 per week for a dual shared room. The advantage is that you can work for 20hours (payment is AU$18 to AU$20 per hour) weekly to upset your study cost in addition to the payments of your tuition from your parents back home in Nigeria, this will significantly assist you with your living and study cost.

Flight to Darwin is around NGN260,000 to NGN300,000 (one way) via Singapore giving the distance to Darwin.

You are required to take an English test proficiency exam (IELTS or PTE). IELTS requirement is 5.0 with no band score less than 5.0 and PTE is 46 with no band score less than 42.

JJCE:
thanks bro, sociology or international relation..

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2015
@ Coldgate, u got the number I dropped? I had to edit it out for privacy reasons. Thanks for ur pen at the clinic. Best wishes. U r enroute WA, right? Ve u called Pretoria?waiting for ur call. I need us to hook up as Aussie mummies grin wink
coldgate:
@lighternote.

Wow! Congratulations! How are my cuties doing? I am still waiting o. Still trusting God. SVP 572. I will holla.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2015
I was trying to get information on flight ticket to Melbourne from IOM on my previous post for a Student that I assisted whom is going to a University in Melbourne.

IOM has previously given us an outrageous cost (USD1,576 - NGN333,416) for another Student going to Darwin and which we got from another source NGN257,635 using a simplified route. Initially we thought it was just a quote and will be reduced once the flight has been booked and relevant documents sent, but to our greatest surprise, the big hit came......LOL

I thought this site/thread is for helping others. I have now learnt the otherwise. Stuffs like this will make us to start hording information.

PLEASE SEE THIS FOR YOUR REFERENCE:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please find the attached:

* Completed IOM Case detail sheet
* Visa Grant Letter from DIAC
* Datapage of International Passport.

I anticipate your quick response as my intended travel date is close by.

Sincerely.

xxxxxxxxx.

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 5:44 AM, IOM Australia <iomaustralia@iom.int> wrote:

** Please respond only to IOMAUSTRALIA@IOM.INT **

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your email.

For new migrants coming to Australia or New Zealand with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers operating from/to Australia covered under IOM global agreement.

Please note that we can avail our concession fares and baggage allowance for the travel booked through IOM. Please also note that IOM Australia assists one-way travel to the immigration country. This means that we cannot assist any return trip.

Below is an estimate quote and check-in baggage allowance for one way travel for you and your family:

Number of passenger: 1 adult / 0 child / 0 infant

Departure month: Jun-2015

To: Darwin

AIRLINE(S): Qatar Airways

Via: Doha, Kuala Lumpur

BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: 35KG per seated passenger

UNIT COST

Nr.

TOTAL

FARE ADULT (USD)

FARE CHILD (Less than 12 years) USD

FARE INFANT (Less than 2 years, not occupying a seat) USD

n.a.

Service Fee p/p (USD)

*does not apply to infant

TOTAL ESTIMATE TRAVEL COSTS (USD)

USD

The cost is in US dollar (USD).

The above fares include tax that can be collected on the ticket. The fare is available only for one-way travel to Australia or New Zealand. Changes prior to 24 hours of departure are free of charge. The fare does not allow voluntary stop-over(s).

Please note that the above costing may change due to airfare increases or currency exchange rate fluctuations. Therefore, IOM will advise you of the exact cost after the actual airline booking has been made.

Please also note that the above fare is subject to seat availability.

Due to the large number of travellers, especially in peak seasons, we recommend that you contact this office as far in advance of the planned departure date as possible.

The baggage allowance only applies to personal luggage. If you wish to move items by freight or cargo, or if you wish to take your pets, please contact Australian Customs Services at www.customs.gov.au or New Zealand Customs Services at http://www.customs.govt.nz.

IOM cannot make travel arrangements until all Immigration requirements have been met and visas and passports issued for each person travelling. If you would like IOM to arrange your travel please email or fax the following documents to this office:

Copy of the letter of approval from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or Immigration New Zealand. Scanned copy is sufficient.

The completed travel form (see the link http://iomaustralia.org/PDF/IOMCaseDetailSheet.doc)

Upon the receipt of the above items, we will make the booking and send you a payment advice.

You can use the following options to make payment for your airfare:

-International telegraphic to IOM Canberra

-International money order

-Bank Cheque

If you have a friend or relative in Australia who can pay IOM Canberra on your behalf either by electronic transfer, or by bank cheque or money order sent to IOM Canberra. If these options are not suitable, IOM Canberra can arrange for payment to be made to an IOM Office closest to you. Please note that we cannot accept the payment by credit card.

Please ensure that you have all the necessary visas before your departure.

Note: IOM is not responsible for any penalty imposed by the airline/s due to incorrect spelling of names. Please write clearly and underline your surname (last name) and ensure that names given to IOM are according the passport.

As a rule, if the travel is cancelled after payment has been received, IOM will refund the full amount of airfare portion but will retain the service fee as an administrative charge.

Please note that any fees or changes in fares due to date changes, the incorrect name of passengers or destination changes must be borne by you once the tickets have been issued.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries regarding IOM-assisted travel.

Best Regards,

Sent: Thursday, 28 May 2015 1:32 PM
To: IOM Australia
Subject: Re: Travel Ticket for my Trip to Study

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Please see the answers to the questions as detailed below:

- Number of passengers : 1 Adult (Myself Only)

- the city of departure: Lagos, Nigeria.

- the city of arrival in Australia or New Zealand: Darwin, Australia.

- Preferred departure month: 5th June 2015.

Thanks in anticipation to your further response.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 2:47 AM, IOM Australia <iomaustralia@iom.int> wrote:

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

For new migrants coming to Australia and New Zealand with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers covered under IOM global agreement operating from/to Australia.

Please note that we can avail our concession fares and baggage allowance for the travel booked through IOM. Please also note that IOM Australia assists one-way travel to the immigration country. This means that we cannot assist any return trip.

Also, please note voluntary stop-over is not permitted for the IOM migrants' fare.

The baggage allowance only applies to personal luggage. If you wish to move items by freight or cargo, or if you wish to take your pets, please contact Australian Customs Services at www.customs.gov.au or New Zealand Customs.

In order to give you a travel quote please specify:

- Number of passengers (please provide the age if your family includes children under 12 years old)

- the city of departure

- the city of arrival in Australia or New Zealand

- Preferred departure month

Please note that the costing may change due to airfare increases or currency exchange rate fluctuations. Therefore, IOM will advise you of the exact cost after the actual airline booking has been made.

IOM cannot make travel arrangements until all Australian Immigration requirements have been met and visas and passports issued for each person traveling. Please ensure that you have all the necessary visas before your departure.

Payment: There are a number of ways that payment can be made. The preferred method of payment is through telegraphic transfer directly to IOM Canberra (in USD). We cannot accept the payment by credit card or personal cheque.

If you have a friend or relative in Australia and New Zealand who can pay IOM Canberra on your behalf either by electronic transfer, or by bank cheque or money order sent to IOM Canberra. If these options are not suitable, IOM Canberra can arrange for payment to be made to an IOM Office closest to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries regarding IOM-assisted travel.

Best regards,

IOM Australia

Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2015 12:38 AM
To: IOM Australia
Subject: Travel Ticket for my Trip to Study

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Student whom has been grated Visa to Study at Charles Darwin University in the Northern Territory.

I want IOM to assist me to purchase ticket for my trip and advice me with the available payment options.

I anticipates your kind

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

So this is what u guyz call REGIONAL village when is actual looking better than our LAGOS mega city.
Hmmmm

hahaha :-)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 11:58am On Jun 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Thank you sir cheesy

I told you earlier that Perth is waiting for you. Congrats sis :-)

Get prepared coz winter is here already and its so cold. Once again congrats.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Safe flight. Did u get aby assistant from IOM at dubai Airport? Is d wi-fi on flight?

Nilo what's aby assistant? Perhaps that was what I had.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Ok thanks. How long did take for u to get the ticket after payment? Orientation in school starts 3rd july wld like to leave 2 weeks before class starts so dat I can settle down.

Within 48hrs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
symbian03:

I told you earlier that Perth is waiting for you. Congrats sis :-)

Get prepared coz winter is here already and its so cold. Once again congrats.
Ok. Thanks symbian03.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

Don't know much about IPA. CPA is faster than ICAA. ICAA takes 2 months, while CPA takes about a month. I got assessed by ICAA using my ICAN qualification and was assessed positively.

Either of CPA or ICAA is fine. Your friend would have to provide his/her course syllabus showing contents that cover at least 9 of the 12 core knowledge areas. The knowledge areas can be found on the websites of the assessing bodies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

Assessment of qualifications alone can be done. If the person wants to claim points for work experience, then it's advisable, not compulsory, to get work experience assessed as well.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
pingu2k5:

Don't know much about IPA. CPA is faster than ICAA. ICAA takes 2 months, while CPA takes about a month. I got assessed by ICAA using my ICAN qualification and was assessed positively.

Either of CPA or ICAA is fine. Your friend would have to provide his/her course syllabus showing contents that cover at least 9 of the 12 core knowledge areas. The knowledge areas can be found on the websites of the assessing bodies.

Thanks!

Which occupation did you assess for? I keep seeing people getting a negative assessment cos of Accounting Theory. Do you think someone with Masters in Finance plis BSc Accounting would qualify?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enilim: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
I paid 1060. Student

uote author=erictack2003 post=34514119]Hello,

How much did you paid for your flight to Melbourne for IOM and which pathway are you using to enter Australia? Is it Study or PR?

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75