Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045874 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by boyghobo: 11:20am On Jun 08, 2015
lilspiceyy:
@dexterinc2003, pls how did u go abt filling the DIAC file number(OSF,BCC)? Make me sef dey prepare smiley

honestly,i just put a number i saw on my visa,i dont think it really matters.

hi house,is there any1 coming to unsw,july batch,pls lemme know oh,its like naja ppl are scarce here oh,in fact,blacks are scarce.so twe could meet up.kindly signify,thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dexterinc2003: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2015
boyghobo:

hi house,is there any1 coming to unsw,july batch,pls lemme know oh,its like naja ppl are scarce here oh,in fact,blacks are scarce.so twe could meet up.kindly signify,thanks.

i left mine empty ,true to that...it probably does not matter....i agree with the unsw idea.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dexterinc2003: 11:45am On Jun 08, 2015
teeflow09:

....so how much did u pay per month.

i think flatmates.com.au has 2 packages, $19 and $29.depending on your preference,the site is virtually useless without the payment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bb64(f): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
pls all in d house, especially @ bossladymo pls kindly assist me wt answer to this question. what is my chances to immigrate to Australia? I am a lady of 28yrs, a graduate from tai solarin university of education wt Bsc\edu in sociology,. I can work anywhere wt my degree but presently I am working as a teacher in a private secondary school since 3yrs now,.Am I qualify to apply? please with my present work, is Australia seeking for teachers? I intend changing my career to nursing if I am opportuned. but please, house bail me out wt full explanation on this. thank u.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
bb64:
pls all in d house, especially @ bossladymo pls kindly assist me wt answer to this question. what is my chances to immigrate to Australia? I am a lady of 28yrs, a graduate from tai solarin university of education wt Bsc\edu in sociology,. I can work anywhere wt my degree but presently I am working as a teacher in a private secondary school since 3yrs now,.Am I qualify to apply? please with my present work, is Australia seeking for teachers? I intend changing my career to nursing if I am opportuned. but please, house bail me out wt full explanation on this. thank u.

Teachers are always needed. Check the body responsible for assessing teachers for their requirements.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
bossladymo1:

I am not in Brisbane. I was just asking for the contact details of anyone who sells and sends Naija foodstuff.
hahaha... me sef dey find that person...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chookudi(m): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
What part of sydney do you stay? there is a church around merrylands (i think) which is basically a naija church if u know what i mean...you can make lots of naija friends there.
I also reside in sydney too so maybe we could also hook up one of these days

boyghobo:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
bb64:
You mean you teach now?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
bb64:

Yeap. Teachers are required. Go through this website
http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration/applying-for-an-assessment

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
I wonder why some people here said that IOM Nigeria isn't efficient.
I emailed IOM lagos at the same time i emailed IOM Australia, both replied almost same time (next day)
I supplied them the required info and got their quotes.
Ok. IOM Lagos came a little bit cheaper than IOM Australia, ($30 difference ) and more importantly a better route as it is Lagos-Dubai-Melbourne where as the other is Lagos-Dubai-Singapore-Melbourne.
The mode of payment is better with IOM Lagos too as you simply pay into their Standard Chartered Bank Acc.
Of course, I chose IOM Lagos, paid from the comfort of my bedroom by instant transfer and got my ticket the next day.
Wow!
May be you guys ain't reaching the right mail or phone numbers.
I used the contact form on the site at first and this email followed me up;

oabikoye@iom.int

Anyone going to Melbourne, let's hook up naa. undecided

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
I emailed IOM lagos at the same time i emailed IOM Australia, both replied almost same time (next day)
Ok. IOM Lagos came a little bit cheaper than IOM Australia, ($30 difference ) and more importantly a better route as it is Lagos-Dubai-Melbourne where as the other is Lagos-Dubai-Singapore-Melbourne.
The mode of payment is better with IOM Lagos too as you simply pay into their Standard Chartered Bank Acc.
Of course, I chose IOM Lagos, paid from the comfort of my bedroom by instant transfer and got my ticket the next day.
Wow!

oabikoye@iom.int

Thank goodness. IOM australia hasn't replied my mails I wld send a mail to lagos or abuja office right now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
IOM Lagos! You can even call on their MTN line. They respond.
lilspiceyy:

Thank goodness. IOM australia hasn't replied my mails I wld send a mail to lagos or abuja office right now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
Wow!

oabikoye@iom.int

You got them on a good day. There are always exceptions to every rule you know. This is one.
Good one o, saving $30 is sometin abeg.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
Wow!

oabikoye@iom.int

Different strokes for different folks; I mailed iom lagos, and ðεƔ said my quote will be ready after 3wks after it hs being confirmed in ghana, then I mailed iom australia, ðεƔ replied immediately n sent me my quote the next day, got my tickets within 48hrs after paayment

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
To me it isn't about the $30, it is about the route and ease of payment. Imagine a long transit in Singapore lipsrsealed for what kwanu grin
missakomaye:

You got them on a good day. There are always exceptions to every rule you know. This is one.
Good one o, saving $30 is sometin abeg.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
I got that 3 weeks thing email, yet a subsequent one few Hrs later.
mobuch:

Different strokes for different folks; I mailed iom lagos, and ðεƔ said my quote will be ready after 3wks after it hs being confirmed in ghana, then I mailed iom australia, ðεƔ replied immediately n sent me my quote the next day, got my tickets within 48hrs after paayment
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
Unsw in July, right here.

boyghobo:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
ernestudezi:

Pls, I want to apply to this UNSW, and about to submit my application, but going through the school fees,it scared me. 40,000aud. Master in professional Accounting, I want to know the percentage cost I can pay. Do you think if I get contact the Admission office, they can tell me amount I can deposit before giving me COE. For those are in the school already pls HELP. Any Answer!!!.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
I just saw dat now after mailing IOM nigeria. grin *sigh of relieve* this thread is really informative.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omooba2015(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2015
ernestudezi:

Please, it opinion I need...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
bossladymo1:

Does management accountant require Accounting Theory?

Yes. But they are changing their rules effective July 1 like Chookudi said.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by boyghobo: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
chookudi:
What part of sydney do you stay? there is a church around merrylands (i think) which is basically a naija church if u know what i mean...you can make lots of naija friends there.
I also reside in sydney too so maybe we could also hook up one of these days

I stay in randwick,pls what is the name of the church in merrylands?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
Sometin is not clear @lighternote, did u go ahead with signing the form after u got the 3 weeks thing mail?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighternote: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Yes ,dear. Kindly email that oabikoye@iom.int. Whoever that is behind that email has excellent client service. I wish I could download all my correspondence with him/her.
Better still, call 08167548994 .
lilspiceyy:

Sometin is not clear @lighternote, did u go ahead with signing the form after u got the 3 weeks thing mail?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
Yes ,dear. Kindly email that oabikoye@iom.int. Whoever that is behind that email has excellent client service. I wish I could download all my correspondence with him/her.
Better still, call 08167548994 .
Ok thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykosman: 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello house, someone should please help me on this. I am applying for a Masters degree through SVP and I would like to know, since the account statement is not required, if I might be asked to show my account balance at the interview or so. This is because I am the one sponsoring myself and I don't have all the funds required but I hope to complete it when I get to Australia as I plan to study and work as well.
Is it possible that the embassy might want to see the balance? Please I need ur help, it's urgent.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
lighternote:
Wow!

oabikoye@iom.int

Still waiting patiently poo, they called my sponsor....yet to get a mail from them,...contemplating calling too. ,but just trying to be patient
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2015
missakomaye:

Good one o, saving is sometin abeg.
I also got a quote from IOM Australia @ $1066, they replied after 24hrs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
You prolly just got them on a good day. The person who even made me know IOM even exists spent almost 3 weeks getting his tickets sorted. Same with me also.

I guess its because they need to route the correspondence through Ghana IOM.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Safe trip. Pls how much is flight ticket for one? Tho I sent them a mail on Friday evening and haven't gotten a reply yet I guess it's cos it's weekend.

Weekend and Monday was public holiday in Australia i guess!!! Queens birthday or so
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
STEKENT:

I work as a teacher teaching in secondary school but private. Thanks for the reply
there is high shortage of teachers in Australia,teaching is among the skills highly needed in Australia is indicated in the occupation list ,check that out
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JJCE(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
it is most or all university and colleges in Australia, ask for tuition fee deposit before applied for visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57