Stats: 3,156,013 members, 7,828,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049710 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 7:12am On Jan 31, 2016
chetaRay:

@mikey have dey mailed u ur ticket nd wen r u leaving.
They mailed me my ticket 2 days after payment, in Perth now.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 9:03am On Jan 31, 2016
it is in Lagos
Palla:
that your friend that submitted on 17th Dec is it Lagos or Abuja office?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 9:08am On Jan 31, 2016
hmmmm this last quote gave me some relieve. my course is starting 22/02/2016, thou i lodge visa app on 11/01/2016.
nurseafrica:
for those awaiting,your grant shall drop. iN JESUS NAME
my details. applied at teleperformanc Abuja on 8th dec 2015, did medicals on 9th dec 2015 at zankil clinic,MABUCHI WAY ABUJA. APPLICATION GOT to pretoria on 14th dec 2015, granT today 28th january 2016, no SOA, no salary slips. I even made a mistake not to sign the final declaration wc erictas encouraged me to sign and send as additional documen drop if pretoria aske for it or not. to do that i spen additionl 5k.AT TELEPERFORMANCE ABUJA. THEY TRIED TO SAY IT NO MATA, BT I INSISTED.
i never recieved any mail from my C O TILL MY GRANT
THANS TO ERICTAS,MY DEAR BROTHER TRIGGER,ST AUGUSTINE,ENYINNA. THEY MADE THE WAIT WORTH IT.
I ALSO HAVE A PRIVILLAGE MESSAGE FROM THEM THAT WILL BENFIT THOSE WAITING.

as i mailed them,QUOTING MY RESUMPTION DATE AND THE BNEED TO ATTEND ENOLLMENT they got so disturb of my mail and this was their reply. bfore the grant droped

Thank y9ou for your email.

We are currently assessing applications where the clients are due to commence on the 22/2/2016 therefore we will need some time to finalise the ones starting after this date.

If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks then please contact us
pretoria senT this to me
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2016
justwise:

You can start one if you have knowledge in that area.
justwise gave him grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nurseafrica: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2016
Mikey:

Lol in bayswater but will soon be moving into my own
house in dianella. Took me a week to fix a car n house but it's been great though.. watch out for my email
Mikey will PM you shortly want some practical experience from you please, please I want to start well
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 10:33am On Jan 31, 2016
nurseafrica:

Mikey will PM you shortly want some practical experience from you please, please I want to start well
Sure bro, replied your mail
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mikey:

Lol in bayswater but will soon be moving into my own house in dianella. Took me a week to fix a car n house but it's been great though.. watch out for my email

How did u go about a house search?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
justwise:

You can start one if you have knowledge in that area.

I do not have sufficient knowledge in the area yet but I would be glad to do that when I acquire adequate information.

For clarity, I meant Permanent Resident visas. "Employment visa" was the word that came to my mind at the time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chookudi(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please has anyone applied for and been granted a post study work visa (485) here which included a spouse?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:23am On Feb 01, 2016
Pretoria has declared war against 572! Re-apply for same program at a 573 level. And add your marriage docs this time.

Palla:
They refuse my application because of this reasons am confuse will it because I didn't add statement of account
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:27am On Feb 01, 2016
All applications and Visa Grants must have C/Os.

chetaRay:

i was informed dat som people who even got there grants dont hav dia C/Os name written on it just blank space after the yours sincerely

so i bliv dat some dont get to know abt dia C/Os ....

who also knows abt dis or im i d only one
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:36am On Feb 01, 2016
Congratss on your grant my brother! I am so happy for you.

johnsontade:

Thanks bro. Really appreciate
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 3:38am On Feb 01, 2016
I thought u had ur visa granted already, what do u need the CO name for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 3:39am On Feb 01, 2016
erictack203:
All applications and Visa Grants must have C/Os.

I thought u had ur visa granted already, what do u need the CO for again?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iphie25(f): 5:30am On Feb 01, 2016
Pls how does a person with a first degree in Law or computer science go about applying for Australian PR? It's urgent Abeg. Thanks in advance wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 7:45am On Feb 01, 2016
johnsontade:

Well, i'd say IELTS is more straightforward because your writing and speaking is scored by an Human unlike PTE where everything is score by a computer which means you just have to tell the computer exactly what it wants to hear smiley

The advantage PTE has its that you get your result much quickly and can book your exam anytime as there is always enough dates and available space. I would personally say PTE reading and speaking is tougher than IELTS. Writing is easier in PTE and listening is almost the same but not just fill in the Gap as we have in IELTS.
Hello, I sent you a pm, I need some help on how you got your PR.
You said you just ised BTech with PTE and age. I want to try mine with BSc, elect, PTE/ielts and age.

Does EA accept PTE scores?
Is there any time limit from the day of graduation to apply for the 189 visa? Or does it mean that any young bsc elect graduate who gets 20 points in IELTS/PTE with a good CDR can get it?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iphie25(f): 8:36am On Feb 01, 2016
@Johnsontade if your Assessing Authority says you have to score. A certain score in IELTS must it be IELTS or will any other test they accept suffice? I.e SAT/TOFL?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Marisley(f): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2016
johnsontade:
So speechless right now. God has finally perfected it...you would recall i posted earlier about PTE and my EA assessment sometimes in December.

Well, Just got my 189 visa grant and still cant believe my eyes. Everything just happened too fast than i expected and i just knew it was God all through. Here is my timeline below:

1st PTE: L90, R78, S79, W90 (27/11/2015)

PTE: L90, R86, S87, W90   (09/12/2015)

EA Applied: 16/12/2015

EA Outcome: Positive (22/12/2015)

EOI Lodged: 22/12/2015

EOI Invitation: 7/01/2016

Medicals & PCC: 08/01/2016

Lodged: 12/01/2016 (Frontloaded Medicals & PCC)

Medicals Cleared: 18/01/2016

Grant: 29/01/2016.

To the PR hopefuls out there, i pray you all get your grants soonest than expected.

Really appreciate everyone in this house from inception including those that had left from bossladymo, Jennykadry, ferdimako to bellong, NNBB2012, scrollmeout...the list goes on.

Congratulations.... Your timeline was really fast. I would also like to get the materials you used for PTE-A.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2016
Please forumites
I urgently need your help with these questions
1. How do one pay for a visa class?
2. Can payment be made using a Nigerian mastercard?

Visa subclass is 100.
Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2016
iphie25:
@Johnsontade if your Assessing Authority says you have to score. A certain score in IELTS must it be IELTS or will any other test they accept suffice? I.e SAT/TOFL?

It has to be the exact exam they want. EA for example accepts only IELTS & Toefl but dont accept PTE.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 11:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Marisley:

Congratulations.... Your timeline was really fast. I would also like to get the materials you used for PTE-A.

Got your PM. Would respond shortly.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pamelayoung: 11:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Hello Bro, welcome to a World of possibilities, for cheap Schs, check with Australian Catholic University(www.acu.edu.au), they have 6 Campuses, Charles Darwin University, NT(www.cdu.edu.au), University of Tasmania, Tasmania(www.utas.edu.au), Edith Cowen University,(www.ecu.edu.au), Grifften University,All are SVP. pls be patient with the last spelling.

The tuition fees ranges from AUS18,000 to AUS24,000 among these Schools, you will pay 50% and OSHC is 1,212 to 1,620 for 18-24months Masters.

Please note that the Schools will normally transfer you to their Agents, it's a normal process. If you ask me, I will advice you focus on CDU, their fees are crazily cheap. And use EFINT Consulting if you are directed. Their service is superb and they don't charge much. Though CDU will ask of bank statement of like 6.5m.

Please don't forget to prepare a CV of any working experience of what you have been doing since 2010(to satisfy GTE, both in your Admission application and Visa application), also start preparing payslips incase of your work exp(6 months payslips) and CVs etc, ACU will not ask of bank statement, UTAS will ask your bank to write telling them that you have enough money to support yourself, Utas agents are handled by GOAJO agency.

I will kip advising you. Wish you luck.

Pls my area of specialty is maritime. What are the chances of getting a job in the Australian maritime industry or do I need to do a pre programme to that effect. Already I have a diploma in maritime environmental studies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2016
mctowel01:

Hello, I sent you a pm, I need some help on how you got your PR.
You said you just ised BTech with PTE and age. I want to try mine with BSc, elect, PTE/ielts and age.

Does EA accept PTE scores?
Is there any time limit from the day of graduation to apply for the 189 visa? Or does it mean that any young bsc elect graduate who gets 20 points in IELTS/PTE with a good CDR can get it?

EA doesn't accept PTE. There is no time limit from thr day of graduation but main issue is that you have to write a 3 episode CDR based on projects you have been involved in.

You can write an episode on your final year project but you need 2 more episodes which would make more sense if they are based on your post graduation work experience even if its just 1 yr experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnsontade:

EA doesn't accept PTE. There is no time limit from thr day of graduation but main issue is that you have to write a 3 episode CDR based on projects you have been involved in.

You can write an episode on your final year project but you need 2 more episodes which would make more sense if they are based on your post graduation work experience even if its just 1 yr experience.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Can internship qork be included in the CDR cos I ve always been on internship during the holidays, 6months strike and the 6mnths SIWES internship all in the same company and I have some experience on working with PLC systems and a lot of different industrial automations installations there which I still remember due to the amount of work put in. Even my project was on some form of automation using arduino. So, can all these count in writing the CDR... Also, what did you use in your CDR considering you didnt count work experience?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
NNBB2012:

You do not need Australian MSc either to get positive assessment from Engineers Australia as a graduate of Engineering from Nigeria. Some Engineering degrees at MSc level are not even accredited by Engineers Australia. The implication is that you will still need to write your CDR provided that you have first degree in Engineering which is even enough on its own to get you positive assessment.

You can only be eligible for post-study visa if you meet the criteria which is at least minimum of 2years study. After studying here, there is no guarantee of securing a job in your field to enable you get the experience that will be required due to your visa limitation, particularly in Engineering. So, the main thing is that, if you can gather your 60points overseas, then go for it. Studying here does not automatically lead to PR, you just need to get your qualification assessed positively and earn the points.
Reading your post again,...I am seeing a lot of sense especially in the job aspect cos I ve done some research on job availabitlity. I think if I can get 20 points in the ielts/PTE, thats like half the work done, leaving the remaining to the CDR and CPD. No need to spend millions on masters cos the exchange rate right now is scary.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dara01: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Congratulations to all who got their grants,more of it IJN

@triggerman, so sorry, please repackage and relaunch probably try 573.God bless you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
No reply after submitting the transcript as requested by the CO, I hate this tensed wait.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
Oga you don't understand my quote. Read it well and refer to the the post, no C/O name was asked or requested.

Stanleych007:
I thought u had ur visa granted already, what do u need the CO for again?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iphie25(f): 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
johnsontade:

It has to be the exact exam they want. EA for example accepts only IELTS & Toefl but dont accept PTE.

Ok. Thanks...I know what am abt to ask has probably been dealt with previously...but my problem is finding the page. So pls can you put me through the steps for the non sponsored/nominated Permanent residence or point me to a page where it was listed here?
Additional info for. Lawyers will be appreciated(if you have it) thanks again wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrAya: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello Guys,
I just got my grant this afternoon. see my timeline

Lodged application : 10th November 2015 at Teleperformance
Request for Medicals: 19th January, 2016
Grant date: 1st February, 2016

I did not front load my medicals so I assume that accounted for the long wait.

Thank you

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STaviez: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
mrAya:
Hello Guys,
I just got my grant this afternoon. see my timeline

Lodged application : 10th November 2015 at Teleperformance
Request for Medicals: 19th January, 2016
Grant date: 1st February, 2016

I did not front load my medicals so I assume that accounted for the long wait.

Thank you

Congratz
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
CONGRATZ TO MRAYA.

WHAT ARE A LONG WAIT??

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58