Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045697 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by malkinburg: 6:05am On Apr 21, 2016
Boladam45:
Hello gurus in the house, please I want to find out how possible it is to change from msc to bsc and if there is any immigration issue.
I am thinking of changing from msc to bsc when I get to Aussie.
I need you assistance on this my matter.
Cheers.

First of all what school, which msc have u got admission for and finally what do you want to switch to?

Its doable but certain factors might come into play. All immigration cares about is that your new course is still on the visa class u used to enter Australia or 573. U can't switch to a lower one without some drama.

Another issue you might face is the school might want to force you to spend one semester doing the msc before allowing you switch. You have to know how to tackle your uni administration as all they see on ur head is $$$. So answer the questions and maybe gurus on the thread who are currently enrolled in uni might have suggestions.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrAya: 6:07am On Apr 21, 2016
Gurus in the house. I need your advise. I got my grant to study two months ago but I couldn't travel because my wife gave birth with some few complications. I had to be with the family (for a year) and support her because of the complications. I informed the school about the situation and they said I cannot defer the research scholarship for a year - I will have to reapply for scholarship if I want to come next year.
I have agree so my COE has been cancelled. I have also informed my case officer about the situation but have not received any feedback from her. Do I have to reapply for study visa if I want to go next year? my study visa is still valid for two and a half years. I need your advise gurus

Regards

Aya
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2016
@mrAya

You can call immigration office for right answer. Don't wait for email to be responded to.

I will advice that you call border force in Australia rather than Pretoria. You can actually call now that it is still working hour.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrAya: 7:00am On Apr 21, 2016
bellong:
@mrAya

You can call immigration office for right answer. Don't wait for email to be responded to.

I will advice that you call border force in Australia rather than Pretoria. You can actually call now that it is still working hour.

Please can you help me with any contact number?

Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Boladam45: 7:05am On Apr 21, 2016
malkinburg:

First of all what school, which msc have u got admission for and finally what do you want to switch to?

Its doable but certain factors might come into play. All immigration cares about is that your new course is still on the visa class u used to enter Australia or 573. U can't switch to a lower one without some drama.

Another issue you might face is the school might want to force you to spend one semester doing the msc before allowing you switch. You have to know how to tackle your uni administration as all they see on ur head is $$$. So answer the questions and maybe gurus on the thread who are currently enrolled in uni might have suggestions.
Yes I have my visa grant already (573) to study msc accounting at university of Newcastle.
I want to switch to bsc social work when I get there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2016
mrAya:

Thank you

Google it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
What is 189
quote author=bellong post=34137329]

It will serve as an evidence of paid salary in lieu of payslip.[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

submit soa coz its very important
There is no need submitting statement of account unless you are ask by your CO to submit one.

Print out a checklist form and tick the question box that ask if you have sufficient fund for our studies. Most times we complicate things for ourselves. They may find fault in ur bank statement. E.i. limited fund, money lodgement, too much money where did u get it from , false bank statement etc.

Undergraduate/ postgraduate applicants are considered as streamline applicants irrespective of your nationality. If you are applying to tafe or a diploma course you need bankstatement and your chances of landing yourself a visa is slim. Except your diploma has a pathway to a degree course.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
Hello brethren, please my insurance start date is 20th, please can I enter Oz on 5th coz I have tried to contact my insurance company to change my start date but they are not replying my mail. If not, must I wait till its 20th before I travel

No bro. Immigration doesnt really check that. A friend entered a month before his insurance commenced. Don't let that worry you. Just say you want to settle in before school resume. You can always buy a $2 per day insurance card from coles, woolworths or some stores.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
Boladam45:
Hello gurus in the house, please I want to find out how possible it is to change from msc to bsc and if there is any immigration issue.
I am thinking of changing from msc to bsc when I get to Aussie.
I need you assistance on this my matter.
Cheers.

Yes it is possible. I know a friend who had it done at Newie Uni.
You need to provide a compelling reason for your uni to consider.
Let your sponsor write a letter stating that they want you to get a bsc bcause (the field is lucrative and you will benefit yourself and your community when you return home).
Immigration believes your school must have screened you before granting you a new coe for bsc.
The possibility would have been almost impossible if you changing to a different uni after you arrive or changing to a Tafe or college.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

No bro. Immigration doesnt really check that. A friend entered a month before his insurance commenced. Don't let that worry you. Just say you want to settle in before school resume. You can always buy a $2 per day insurance card from coles, woolworths or some stores.
thanks bro and I was even wasting my time here in Nigeria.. Pls those stores, are they located in Australia?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrAya:

Gurus in the house. I need your advise. I got my grant to study two months ago but I couldn't travel because my wife gave birth with some few complications. I had to be with the family (for a year) and support her because of the complications. I informed the school about the situation and they said I cannot defer the research scholarship for a year - I will have to reapply for scholarship if I want to come next year.
I have agree so my COE has been cancelled. I have also informed my case officer about the situation but have not received any feedback from her. Do I have to reapply for study visa if I want to go next year? my study visa is still valid for two and a half years. I need your advise gurus

Regards

Aya

If your COE has been cancelled means you are no longer a student even if you have a current visa.
Your school may have informed the immigration about it and it will be in there system. Traveling to Australia without sorting things out will be at your own detrimental risk.
My little advice will be, reapply for a new COE and submit a fresh application for visa. Include some paper work from the birth of your child the complications around it , letter from your doctor and some photos while lodging a new application.
It wont be long before you are granted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
thanks bro and I was even wasting my time here in Nigeria.. Pls those stores, are they located in Australia?
yes dis stores are like shoprite spar of Nigeria
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

Yes they are here in Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Solitin40:
yes dis stores are like shoprite spar of Nigeria
thanks bro..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yes they are here in Australia.

thanks bro, let me go book my flight jo.. I appreciate a lot, must I buy dollars here or can I make withdrawal with my Mastercard...pls clear me more.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrAya:

Thank you

Unfortunately, you won't be able to ring Australia Immi & Boarder protection from outside the country. If you have friends or family members, you can ask them to help you out. Here's the number to call Call us on 133 177 inside Australia

How do I provide feedback?
You can provide feedback to the Department in a number of ways.
Give feedback online using our online feedback form.
By mail
Send us your feedback by mail to:
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
The Manager
Global Feedback Unit
GPO Box 241
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3001
By phone
Call us on 133 177 inside Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
thanks bro, let me go book my flight jo.. I appreciate a lot, must I buy dollars here or can I make withdrawal with my Mastercard...pls clear me more.

Its best you buy dollar from 9ja. Your Nigerian bank charges you for using the master/visa card and the Australian Bank ATM charges you extra $2-$3.

The cheapest way of-course is bringing your $$$ from 9ja, hence you can't have more than $10,000 on you. And must declare on your form upon arrival at the airport (Immi & Boarder Protection)

For safety reasons, you may want to consider withdrawing when you are here. (Just consider the charges if it pays you).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STAugustineOf13(m): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
justwise:
@STAugustineOf13

Your activities here are getting increasingly suspicious, please enough of that and you know what I'm referring to.

Thank you.

I noticed that the formal post of mine was removed.
Seems like the latest has also been removed.
That's cool but non of em is 419.

Just a way to help few people in my own way.
There's no delicate way to say it.
Just wanted to help.

If you have doubts in them posts, you could as well contact me for private chat & I will detail everything you needed to know about it.
Some people needed that Lifting Hand bro.
If one has it, it becomes an obligation to help.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

Its best you buy dollar from 9ja. Your Nigerian bank charges you for using the master/visa card and the Australian Bank ATM charges you extra $2-$3.

The cheapest way of-course is bringing your $$$ from 9ja, hence you can't have more than $10,000 on you. And must declare on your form upon arrival at the airport (Immi & Boarder Protection)

For safety reasons, you may want to consider withdrawing when you are here. (Just consider the charges if it pays you).
thanks boss.. U must be a good teacher...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Boladam45: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yes it is possible. I know a friend who had it done at Newie Uni.
You need to provide a compelling reason for your uni to consider.
Let your sponsor write a letter stating that they want you to get a bsc bcause (the field is lucrative and you will benefit yourself and your community when you return home).
Immigration believes your school must have screened you before granting you a new coe for bsc.
The possibility would have been almost impossible if you changing to a different uni after you arrive or changing to a Tafe or college.
Thanx brother
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

the insurance u said I should buy from those stores you mentioned , must I buy it before I arrive or after I arrive Australia.. thanks in anticipation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello House...Pls Anyone With Idea Of The Current Fee For Police Clearance/Report At Police Headquarters Lagos
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 12:16am On Apr 22, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
the insurance u said I should buy from those stores you mentioned , must I buy it before I arrive or after I arrive Australia.. thanks in anticipation

You don't have to buy it before you leave, but if you want to, you can follow this steps:

https://www.nib.com.au/overseas-students?gclid=CjwKEAjw9OG4BRDJzY3jrMng4iQSJABddor1ykY5mqcgkz5PevRcFbiQWOsy1gmxL6XE0zGcEU-dthoCCCDw_wcB

Scroll down and click on (Get your price)

Enter START date and END date i.e (3rd MAY 2016 - 17th May 2016). That will amount to about $20

Enter you Personal information.

Get your insurance via email.

Print and carry with you.

NIB is one of if not the cheapest insurer/insurance in Australia.

1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 12:24am On Apr 22, 2016
WestAfrican:

You don't have to buy it before you leave, but if you want to, you can follow this steps:

https://www.nib.com.au/overseas-students?gclid=CjwKEAjw9OG4BRDJzY3jrMng4iQSJABddor1ykY5mqcgkz5PevRcFbiQWOsy1gmxL6XE0zGcEU-dthoCCCDw_wcB

Scroll down and click on (Get your price)

Enter START date and END date i.e (3rd MAY 2016 - 17th May 2016). That will amount to about $20

Enter you Personal information.

Get your insurance via email.

Print and carry with you.

NIB is one of if not the cheapest insurer/insurance in Australia.
thanks bro. I will leave it till I get to Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 12:30am On Apr 22, 2016
ENGRJCJ:
thanks bro. I will leave it till I get to Australia

Brother na just $20. Buy am if you like. To save yourself any further talking in case anything arise
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 12:34am On Apr 22, 2016
WestAfrican:

Brother na just $20. Buy am if you like. To save yourself any further talking in case anything arise
OK bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 1:11am On Apr 22, 2016
ENGRJCJ:

Hi. What's up with your IOM booking. I got everything done in a week! You can pm me so I can send you a direct email to fast track,that is, in case you haven't finalized already.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 10:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Good morning, please can i pm you so u can tell me the process of IOM
scrollmeout:

Hi. What's up with your IOM booking. I got everything done in a week! You can pm me so I can send you a direct email to fast track,that is, in case you haven't finalized already.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
scrollmeout:

y don't u drop it for others to learn and gain will be grateful if u do dat
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
chetaRay:
i suggest you try and change to another university like someone suggested earlier to you. because;

1) going through the hazzles of bank statement is crazy and stressful
2) you cant tell your uncle to leave the money there till 3months what if he has financial issues or the person you borrowed the 2mil from?
3)even if you overcome the school hurdle what about pretoria that insists that your sponsor must be ur dad , mum or sibbling how can you go around that.
4) i think you just have to forfeit the application fee you paid if at all you did and check for another school ASAP.
5) most PGD courses here are 20+ so its good to make up your mind about that too. it will be cheaper if you are going for graduate diploma which may not guarantee your visa application cox its 1year studies.

think and make your decision goodluck bro

Thanks so much.
My sponsor has asked me to go for advance diploma. His tune suggested he wasn't really happy after I explained his cash would ve to stay for 3 months untouched.

We resolved that I will pay another 600k into his Acc to make it 5.6m as the agent said we need a sitting balance of atleast 5.5m for a diploma programme.

However, I noticed Ur point number (3)
Which reads'3)even if you overcome the school hurdle what about pretoria that insists that your sponsor must be ur dad , mum or sibbling how can you go around that.

This infact has created fear in my heart Cus my sponsor doesn't bear same name as myself.

Does it mean the success ratio is slim when using the statement of a non family member.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.