Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044588 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diggy4real: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2016
STAugustineOf13:

I was in contact with one of their Sydney front table representative, he normally ask me why am I not talking with him anymore?.
But the problem is...I don't just want to jettison my first scores.
Their undergraduate courses are cheaper in terms of upfront fee.
Atleast I know a course that is $6k AUD without OSHC. No jokes .

Thanks....I will check em out for MSC in mechanical engineering.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2016
lawland:
Thanks alot JohnHadey, i still have alot of questions to ask though, pls can i send you a PM? How did you deal with the 8hrs layover at South Africa? Did any of the airlines provide you with accommodation?

Except she travelling on south Africa airways to s.a and her next flight too is still SAA, they will lodge her in protea right at the airport there, but if not the case, she would have to use one of the numerous leg chairs right at airlines desk lobby umess she has the mone to book.
Sorry 4 late response, it's not easy settling here...especially when there's no one on ground to help..
Finally got an accommodation tOday tho..

Anybody coming to perth should Holla for heads up so u don't go tru the stress most of us went tru.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
I guess nobody is applying for visa this period. Rush Hour is over coupled with this new policy.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
cremeuc:
Who is in Sydney here

Hafa...you just leave your whatsapp number back in Naija. I'm in Sydney now. Gotten a decent accommodation yet?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Griffith is expensive but it's in a cheap city
Vivienne01:
Good day Naira land members. I'm a newbie that's interested in studying in Australia.

Please how do I apply to UTS and Griffith University on my own without the help of an agent. And how long does it take to be made an offer to study for a post graduate taught programme in Engineering Management.

BTW, i'm to take my IELTS exam on Thursday. I'll appreciate any advise on how to improve my success rate. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Griffith is expensive but it's in a cheap city
POTUSUK:

Hafa...you just leave your whatsapp number back in Naija. I'm in Sydney now. Gotten a decent accommodation yet?
POTUSUK:

Vivienne01:
Good day Naira land members. I'm a newbie that's interested in studying in Australia.

Please how do I apply to UTS and Griffith University on my own without the help of an agent. And how long does it take to be made an offer to study for a post graduate taught programme in Engineering Management.

BTW, i'm to take my IELTS exam on Thursday. I'll appreciate any advise on how to improve my success rate. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
I sent u a mail on here. We should get a place together? Cuz I haven't gotten a decent place
POTUSUK:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nah I haven't. We should get a place that get her? Then I sent u email. Email me ur number ucnwankwo@yahoo.com
POTUSUK:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by linaluv: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
good day house, please i have 3 sponsors who are willing to assist me to study in Australia but my fear now is that they dont pay tax but they have the required ammount of money in thier bank account and now Australia does not need bank statement of account during visa application . please what do i do seeing that my sponsors dont pay tax to the government but have the required ammount of money to support and or sponsor me.

one of them have 7m others have close to 4m or 5m
what do i do in this situation please please advice me asap.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by linaluv: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
also i havent written IELTS. BUT want to apply to a university CDU. will the australian embassy see it as a red flag because i didnt tender IELTS to the school but tender it to them for VISA processing.

please how much is VISA FEE?

how long is IELTS valid for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by linaluv: 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
is there any success story yet from those who applied for advance diploma program. i mean have they been granted VISA?

I M CONSIDERING the cost of tuition of both university degree program and diploma programs. which is affordable.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dessy8: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
This proof of funds thing is pretty straightforward nawww.....There are two options..Annual income option::The annual income option requires a student to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members, the requirement is at least AUD 70,000. The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Evidence in the form of bank statements or information directly from an employer is not acceptable.

2nd Option::Living costs

From 1 July 2016, the 12 month living cost is:

student or guardian - AUD 19,830
partner or spouse - AUD 6,940
child - AUD 2,970....

What this means is that you choose one of the options, not both...If you cant use option 1..you use option 2.....

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dessy8: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
2nd option is the 12months fund option::Evidence of funds can include money deposits, financial institution or government loans, scholarships or sponsorships. This option allows you to show bank deposits,sponsorships from anybody totaling....18,930 AUD, when u convert to naira it equals 4.8million.....I hope this analyses helps...

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
POTUSUK:

Emirates.
Who is in Sydney?.

How much was your flight and did you fly from Abuja or Lagos?

You've got PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
The actual amount is 19830 addition of your first year tuition fee.
dessy8:
2nd option is the 12months fund option::Evidence of funds can include money deposits, financial institution or government loans, scholarships or sponsorships. This option allows you to show bank deposits,sponsorships from anybody totaling....18,930 AUD, when u convert to naira it equals 4.8million.....I hope this analyses helps...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kofson: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
dessy8:

Yes, 1year of tuition expenses ...from ..20,000 AUD and above depending on the school's tuition. ... plus
1 year living of expenses ..19,830 AUD plus
Travel cost ......... 2000 AUD
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kofson: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
dessy8:

Yes, 1year of tuition expenses ...from ..20,000 AUD and above depending on the school's tuition. ... plus
1 year living of expenses ..19,830 AUD plus
Travel cost ......... 2000 AUD

Money could be presented as bank deposit and money should remain in your personal bank account for at least 3 months.This I believe could be financial evidence

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
JewelStone:

How much was your flight and did you fly from Abuja or Lagos?

You've got PM

Responded.

.from Abj.... I used Emirates
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
linaluv:

also i havent written IELTS. BUT want to apply to a university CDU. will the australian embassy see it as a red flag because i didnt tender IELTS to the school but tender it to them for VISA processing.

It would do you well if you take out time to do some reading in here. All your questions have been answered in details in previous pages.

Nevertheless, visa fees is 550AUD. MEdicals at IOM is 33k NGN, Biometrics at teleperformance is 7,100NGN.

IELTS is valid for 2 years.

If CDU doesn't require English requirement from you, you shouldn't have that problem with your visa application.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
cremeuc:
Nah I haven't. We should get a place that get her? Then I sent u email. Email me ur number ucnwankwo@yahoo.com

Ok...done.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diggy4real: 4:23am On Aug 02, 2016
POTUSUK:

It would do you well if you take out time to do some reading in here. All your questions have been answered in details in previous pages.

Nevertheless, visa fees is 550AUD. MEdicals at IOM is 33k NGN, Biometrics at teleperformance is 7,100NGN.

IELTS is valid for 2 years.

If CDU doesn't require English requirement from you, you shouldn't have that problem with your visa application.

Someone once said that IELTS will be required before one can get job while studying.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 5:28am On Aug 02, 2016
diggy4real:

Someone once said that IELTS will be required before one can get job while studying.

But you also said you'd submit IELTS for your visa processing right?.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2016
michV:
GOOD DAY ALL,i am new here,please i wish to humbly get a nice response here since i am a novice.

my question goes like this cos i feel i have made the mistake applying for a PGD in canada because i couldn't afford to wait for their biting long admission duration of MASTERS when i have a 2.1 of (3.59) that would have atleast fetch me MEng program or Msc program by luck in canada so i am considering a back up plan if Canadian embassy of Accra Ghana nt cos its now the 11weeks since i submitted in MAY and no response from them

1) i studied E/E engineering with 2.1(3.59) with my last 3yrs UG GPA of 3.90,4.09,4.00,3.77,3.90,3.89 will this comfortably fetch me Masters program in Australia with anticipated specialization in POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING or RENEWABLE ENERGY

2) how long does it take to get admission decision from Australian schools and since they now require proof of funds, how much is expected to be in my sponsor's acccount

3) please can some1 provide me with AUSTRALIAN immigration website lemme check their study permit procedures and requirements for students and which low tuition uni. could any1 advise me to apply if you know any or links to narrow my search? cos i don't know how to start from,i am only conversant with canada.

please i need a favorable response,thank you

With your cgpa just dont worry, it wont affect your admission.. They are even accepting 2.2. Just keep in mind that australian schools is all about money. So see it as.. Your challenge is finding, not admission.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2016
You are a Genius!!!

dessy8:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2016
dessy8:
This proof of funds thing is pretty straightforward nawww.....There are two options..Annual income option::The annual income option requires a student to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members, the requirement is at least AUD 70,000. The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Evidence in the form of bank statements or information directly from an employer is not acceptable.

student or guardian - AUD 19,830
child - AUD 2,970....

What this means is that you choose one of the options, not both...If you cant use option 1..you use option 2.....
can a brother who is an Australian permanent resident be my sponsor?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2016
linaluv:
good day house, please i have 3 sponsors who are willing to assist me to study in Australia but my fear now is that they dont pay tax but they have the required ammount of money in thier bank account and now Australia does not need bank statement of account during visa application . please what do i do seeing that my sponsors dont pay tax to the government but have the required ammount of money to support and or sponsor me.

one of them have 7m others have close to 4m or 5m
what do i do in this situation please please advice me asap.

it's possible if they have same surname as yours. they meet the requirements that they you have the required fund for your stay and tuition for one year.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2016
linaluv:

you can apply now but before they issue admission do and write and get your English test score. very important so you don't waste your time.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2016
dessy8:

student or guardian - AUD 19,830. please can my brother who is an Australian permanent resident be my sponsor uder this new student visa policy?your answer will be appreciated.
child - AUD 2,970....

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by linaluv: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2016
there are 2 types of IELTS exam(IELTS aACADEMIC &IELTS GENERAL TRAINING) seeing that i shall not be writing my IELTS EXAM until after i have gotten school admission .
SO I SHALL be using the IELTS REsult for only migration purpose

which should i go for ACADEMIC or GENERAL TRAINING ? for visa purposes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.