Stats: 3,162,222 members, 7,849,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1057168 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nelsono(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
BADNEAT:

Civil Engrn
Paid tuition , med

bellong:

Collect your money back... you will only need half of it to process your PR.

You are still very young and you studied engineering. You don't need work experience to be assessed with Engineer Australia.

Age - 30 points

qualification - 15 points

You just need to hit a 20 point mark in IELTS or PTE-A and you are good to go.

You can use the medicals for PR

The only academic work you will do is write a CDR for Engineer Australia and you can use your IT and project to write it.

Don't waste money going to school. Once you get your PR, you can do Masters by research tuition free.

Or even use ur University lab assignment/class project work plus ur thesis as bellong said to write ur CDR. Getting 8 in IELTS is very doable.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

Read the body assessing accountant's website for instructions. There are three bodies assessing accountants. I am not conversant with them. Not sure if work experience is not compulsory to assess with them. Some accountants are of the opinion CA is the best out of them all. You can check them out.

Thank you sir grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nelsono(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

You are still very young and you studied engineering. You don't need work experience to be assessed with Engineer Australia.

Age - 30 points

The only academic work you will do is write a CDR for Engineer Australia and you can use your IT and project to write it.

Don't waste money going to school. Once you get your PR, you can do Masters by research tuition free.

The bolded can be misleading on face value. It's not needed for assessment, but can be assessed (if yu hv relevant experience) by Engineers Australia & if +ve gives u 5pts The way it came off, might be seen by some as if work experience isn't needed. My 2cents

A three (3) yrs work experience in Nig gives yu 5pts whilst a 1yr work experience in Oz gives yu same 5pts.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

The bolded can be misleading on face value. It's not needed for assessment, but can be assessed (if yu hv relevant experience) by Engineers Australia & if +ve gives u 5pts The way it came off, might be seen by some as if work experience isn't needed. My 2cents

A three (3) yrs work experience in Nig gives yu 5pts whilst a 1yr work experience in Oz gives yu same 5pts.

You are saying something different. That's if you need it for point. I added that part because he said he doesn't have work experience.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hello all,

Can one use IELTS General Training for Australian study visa application?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nelsono(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

You are saying something different. That's if you need it for point. I added that part because he said he doesn't have work experience.

Ohh Okay
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nelsono(m): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kenyata:
Hello all,

Can one use IELTS General Training for Australian study visa application?

Yes, you can - General or Academic is fine

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

Age - 30 points

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
Don't know how that pm works, have responded shaa
bblessed:

@Ukchy
Please I sent you a pm.kindly check your mail
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

Or even use ur University lab assignment/class project work plus ur thesis as bellong said to write ur CDR. Getting 8 in IELTS is very doable.
will check online for a sample of CDR , don't really know what it looks like ..
Thanks very much
And to the big boss bellong , thanks for your candid experience influenced advise ...will give it a serious thought and discuss ..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

Yes, you can - General or Academic is fine

Thank you very much.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

At the time I enrolled @ Uni Melb the tuition was 33K AUD/yr (with a caveat that the tuition wont be increased by more than 10%) and at time it was the highest or amongst the highest.

Its expensive (wont mince words) erase the thots (ie if yu have such thots anyways) that yu will work in Oz and earn enuf money to pay such fees - one thing will suffer, ur grades or ur fees.

To be able to attempt or pay ur fees yu will have to drop ur course load from 4 courses per semester to 3 or 2-course load and that means elongating ur M.Eng duration time.

Peeps that work and earn money to pay their fees are those that go to lower cadre schools, but not like ur school with 40K/yr tuition

You can work and earn enuf to pay ur bills and be relatively comfy and send some AUD back home from time to time.

During my time I got a job in June/July, which was school vacation time (came in Feb) partly cos of the workload at Uni Melb, so no time to combine working and studies.

Melbourne and Queensland have relatively same living expense but Sydney is expensive;

Is ur family coming with you, as u r arriving or they will join later? U got kids?

No kids yet, just me and my wife. she is running a program here in nigeria. I want her to chill back home while i go peruse the land and see for myself and ofcos eventually she will join me later. i am self sponsored so i have actually got some savings but it definitely wont be enough. if tuition alone is that high!
i have actually been on canada admission for a while but it only seem more difficult and the fact that their visa processing time takes forever, i jst made up my mind to go for australia.
i am particularly impressed with your PR, it really went quite easy..
am happy for you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

If you have a degree in mechanical engineering, what stop you from applying for PR straight?

I just realised that i could o. but am not so sure if i have got high score band, my IELTS is 7.5
Please bro give me more info abt it..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
ukchy post cry=51143945:
Don't know how that pm works, have responded shaa

Thanks for the feedback

I didn't get any mail o
Please this is my email address
sarmec2009@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cuteannie02: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good day everyone,
Pls I would like to have the attention of nurses on the thread, pls anyone doing a diploma in nursing program in Australia, especially Melbourne, ur advice is urgently needed, I need first hand information in order to plan for my trip.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
WestAfrican:

What state are u in? Have you stayed more than 6 months in Australia? Is your nigerian licence still valid? Are you over 25 years?
everything ticked
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bro good day, Pls I have a BSc in Statistics Working for 2years n 3months now as a business development officer (a Family Business ) S.M.E. and I just got Admission in australia to study masters in information systems ( Business analytics specialization) Deakin Uni. I am 28years, No IELTS yet, not married. Pls wats ur advice. And How can I get the PR directly from naija. Pls I need ur candid response @bellong and all other gurus in house. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

Ohh really, didn't know that, am now an old skool LOL grin grin grin

Applied around July/Sept... and yes I didn't apply for post-study visa, went straight from student visa (573) to PR (189)

Nah didn't wait to finish my studies, used my 3 yrs work experience in Nig to get the needed 5 points -: Age gave me 30pts, IELTS (9,9,9,7.5 - wrote in sept 2015) gave me 10pts, my 1st deg gave me 15pts and naija work experience gave me 5pts altogether 60pts.

This is to encourage folks that you can make/get ur IELTS score of 8 in all bands (as I hear from peeps that its hard to get 8; it's doable am an example, did it @ 1st try)

Bro good day, Pls I have a BSc in Statistics Working for 2years n 3months now as a business development officer (a Family Business ) S.M.E. and I just got Admission in australia to study masters in information systems ( Business analytics specialization) Deakin Uni. I am 28years, No IELTS yet, not married. Pls wats ur advice. And How can I get the PR directly from naija. Pls I need ur candid response @bellong and all other gurus in house. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zoey17: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good day all,
please does anyone know the banks that are reliable when it comes to Form A and their processing time?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nelsono(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
maximus89:

You got admission with no IELTS? Wow, that's strange. Tho like someone said, alot has changed since my time and this could be one of those changes.

I see no part in you getting PR straight frm Naija (@bellong can advise further, but I doubt it): No IELTS, ur accrediting body ACS has sm complex accrediting system in that the discount 2yrs from ur experience before counting whatever that remains as part of ur experience; for eg if yu hv 4yrs experience in Nigeria, to assess ur experience the discount 2yrs from the 4yrs, thus u hv 2yrs. So in ur case u hv 3months experience. For Australian experience they discount 1yr from ur years of experience.
So getting the min points is near impossible if not possible. Anyone with any information that counters my view can chip in and help the fella;

My advice is be sure ur MSc program is a two-year course.

Write IELTS and attempt to make an 8 in all band (that's 20 pts with ur age another 30pts i.e. 50pts already) - ur program is assessed by ACS which needs 65pts or 70pts (in fact work with 70pts to be safe).

With a successful accreditation by ACS (15pts) and 2 yr study here (5pts) u stand a chance of getting the 70pts needed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
nelsono:

You got admission with no IELTS? Wow, that's strange. Tho like someone said, alot has changed since my time and this could be one of those changes.

I see no part in you getting PR straight frm Naija (@bellong can advise further, but I doubt it): No IELTS, ur accrediting body ACS has sm complex accrediting system in that the discount 2yrs from ur experience before counting whatever that remains as part of ur experience; for eg if yu hv 4yrs experience in Nigeria, to assess ur experience the discount 2yrs from the 4yrs, thus u hv 2yrs. So in ur case u hv 3months experience. For Australian experience they discount 1yr from ur years of experience.
So getting the min points is near impossible if not possible. Anyone with any information that counters my view can chip in and help the fella;

My advice is be sure ur MSc program is a two-year course.

Write IELTS and attempt to make an 8 in all band (that's 20 pts with ur age another 30pts i.e. 50pts already) - ur program is assessed by ACS which needs 65pts or 70pts (in fact work with 70pts to be safe).

With a successful accreditation by ACS (15pts) and 2 yr study here (5pts) u stand a chance of getting the 70pts needed

Tanx bro, I wrote DEULI english essay frm deakin and I passed, but hv intentions of writting ielts boost my chances.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babiebearie: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hello people! Have been a silent reader here but still feel like I can get more help even though have been going through previous pages.

My brother is a geology graduate (bsc), nysc 2013, and has since been working with a company that is into marine and logistics.

Also his wife has bsc in computer science but no relative work experience.

So he's thinking of enrolling his wife in a school and coming in with her as dependent so he can do the hustling..since he's occupation is not on SOL...

Please what advice can you guys give or rather which is the best option? PR route or student?

Cc WestAfrican bellong
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dydxtutor: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
[quote author=bellong post=51140613]

Age - 30 points

Don't waste money going to school. Once you get your PR, you can do Masters by research tuition free.[/quotel]

For someone who's already in Australia with civil degree, just finished first semester masters, what chances do I have to apply for PR? I have the experience and every other points except IELTS..... What is your advice @bellong??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
GodsClan:

everything ticked

You need a clean good car. Use an automatic if possible. Rent one from car rentals or use one from driving school.

Dress well, wear a suit with tie. You are addressed the way you dress. Wear a perfume thou not necessary.

Be punctual. Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time. Make sure the car you’ll be doing your driving test in is in the test rank to commence the test.

Common mistakes are:

Signalling:
Signal 5 seconds before leaving a parking area or kerb. Do not signal and leave immediately as that will result to a fail.

Blind spots:

Blind spot is when you can't see the car next to you. In that case you must first indicate and then look across your should and your side mirror before moving to the next lane. You will fail that point if not applied.

Stop signs:
You must come to a complete stop at any stop sign. Indicate your navigator, look at your mirror and over your should for bicycles before moving. You must keep your steering straight at all time (When turning right or left)

Judgements:
You must give two length cars away when driving at all time. When on give way sign, you must make sure there are no cars coming before you drive onto the main street/road.

Right / Left turns:

Do not be in a hurry to turn right or left into a main street/road. Always allow room or space before you join the main street/road.

Kerb parking:
Try to park near the kerb as close as you can. Do not do it several time. Once or twice is the best.

Reverse Parking:
Pratice your reverse parking very well. You make be ask to do reverse parking, 3 point turning or 5 point turning. So be ready for any of them.

3 or 5 point turning:

These turnings are on the main street. For 3 point turn, you are expected to turn right as if you are about to make a U-turn and then reverse before completing the turn. You must look back when reversing, look at your mirrors and over your shoulder on both sides. Same applies to 5 point turn.
DO NOT DO A COMPLETE U-TURN even if you know and can do it. You are expected to do a 3 or 5 point turn when ask to do so.

Always look at ur dashboard, side mirrors and rare mirror while drivinh and look out for zebra crossing.

Keep to the exact speed limit at alltimes.

Good luck on your test.

Nb) You may be ask to do a computer base test. Furthermore if you have had your Nigerian license in less than 5years you may be given a Provisional License (P2) meaning you need to stick the Green plates in front and at the back of your car or any car you drive until you have your full license.
Budget around $370 for a 5years license its cheaper than a year or 3 years license.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:27am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=dydxtutor post=51157636][/quote]

Register for IELTS and write it because you need it to be assessed by Engineer Australia. You have a very good chance of getting it within six months if you start now. Find more information about the process on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:37am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=babiebearie post=51157213][/quote]

I can't really advice him. It is his decision to make.

Only two states sponsor Geologists, Victoria and Tasmania. I have not had any dealings neither do I know any that has dealt with Tasmania but I know Victoria is very picky with Geologists. The state prefer you to have good experience in mining.

He can consider the school option. He can also read the PR process here

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:32am On Nov 19, 2016
maximus89:

Check the occupation lists if your occupation or a closely related occupation is on the list. You can only start the process for PR if your occupation is listed.

Read this thread for more information...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:35am On Nov 19, 2016
Nozzle:

I just realised that i could o. but am not so sure if i have got high score band, my IELTS is 7.5
Please bro give me more info abt it..

Read this thread

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2016
justsaypie:

Oh really, didn't take note of that. Thanks for that small bit of info.
I really wish you all the best of luck, hopefully we'll meet in Oz soon. cool

P.S. If there is any information you feel will be useful in applying to this program, please do not hesitate to share. Thanks!
You're welcome. When do you intend to apply? Have you taken any English test?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lusen(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2016
bellong:

Check the occupation lists if your occupation or a closely related occupation is on the list. You can only start the process for PR if your occupation is listed.

Read this thread for more information...

if one meets the required points(60pts). is it automatic one will get the visa. can i get the visa in 6 months if I start the processing now? I'm still weighing my options. I got an offer for a two yr master of architecture prog. My occupation is listed on the SOL list. but I'm thinking the accessing body (AACA) of my occupation might make too many requirements or even need me to write exams when assessing me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zorani(m): 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
zorani:
good day house, have been on a low key. short story. got my student visa and want to arrive Melbourne on 30th November. Please if anyone can help with temp accommodation for few days so I get a permanent place and move in. Will appreciate... Thank you.

my ogas in the house, am still asking for assistance in Melbourne . pls help a brother.. . thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
lusen:

if one meets the required points(60pts). is it automatic one will get the visa. can i get the visa in 6 months if I start the processing now? I'm still weighing my options. I got an offer for a two yr master of architecture prog. My occupation is listed on the SOL list. but I'm thinking the accessing body (AACA) of my occupation might make too many requirements or even need me to write exams when assessing me.

The six months timeline was for the guy who studied engineering.

You are sure of getting the visa as long as you satisfy your assessing authority's requirements and meets minimum of 60points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75