Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1053026 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2016
lizzyrinola:
I am new here please. I am planning on submitting my application for Student Visa category. However, i am unsure about who i can use as a sponsor. Is it possible to use a brother we don't bear the same surname?

Please can anyone in the house help me with list of people eligible to use as a sponsor for your application
If I may ask ma .which school is that ?

Meanwhile .I don't think so.I know of father,mother, sister and brother. With same surname.

Over to my bosses .. grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2016
maximus89:
@purpleG Please how can I go about writting PTE, I reside in lagos and intend writing an english test b4 leaving...I have been trying to create my Account on the PTE site but it ain't coming forth and pls how Much is the test fee and how can I get study materials. I need any candid response frm any1 in d house too
Hi, I wrote the test @ PTE centre at Ikeja and I paid 50k for the voucher. You can contact the PTE representative David Fapohunda for the voucher via david.fapohunda@pearson.com. Check this link to download materials http://www.allinfi.com/pte-pearson-tests-of-english-materials-and-articles-free-download I studied for the test and when I was satisfied with my preparation, I bought the voucher and registered the same day and wrote the test 2 days after. Hope you find this useful. Cheers.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2016
lizzyrinola:
I am new here please. I am planning on submitting my application for Student Visa category. However, i am unsure about who i can use as a sponsor. Is it possible to use a brother we don't bear the same surname?

Please can anyone in the house help me with list of people eligible to use as a sponsor for your application

Your program determines who your sponsor will be. What program are you going for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by James2016: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
nelsono:

Some of Uni u posted here (RMIT, Uni of Sydney, Uni of Queensland, Monash, QUT, Macquarie University etc) are Australian top rated Unis and I very much doubt if they will NOT require proof of payment At least I know of University of Melbourne cos I enrolled there in Elect Eng (M.Eng) Feb 2014 and prior to been issued offer letter or visa or both (can't recall now) I submitted proof of payment from my sponsor.

Done with studies and now have my PR; issued this October cool

By the way, my graduation ceremony is this dec 2016, y'all are invited grin

Hi,I intend to apply for PR under 189visa but could not see MBA General Management in the SOL list.I just finish my MBA some few months ago and no working experience.Please any advice on how I can apply for a PR?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
PurpleG:

Hi, I wrote the test @ PTE centre at Ikeja and I paid 50k for the voucher. You can contact the PTE representative David Fapohunda for the voucher via david.fapohunda@pearson.com. Check this link to download materials http://www.allinfi.com/pte-pearson-tests-of-english-materials-and-articles-free-download I studied for the test and when I was satisfied with my preparation, I bought the voucher and registered the same day and wrote the test 2 days after. Hope you find this useful. Cheers.
Thanks bro, Later got a phone number on pearson website that gat me hooked with david. I Contacted David earlier today in PTE office opp. Alausa ikeja., a dark chobby dude...He is Nice guy tho....i have gotten d voucher and registered too. Same 50K, will b writing in December.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lizzyrinola(f): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Diploma in Leadership and Management

WestAfrican:

Your program determines who your sponsor will be. What program are you going for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
lizzyrinola:
Diploma in Leadership and Management

You will be assessed under Level 3 which means you are a high risk applicant. For such reason, only those list below can be your sponsor:

(a) the applicant (meaning yourself);
(b) the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner;
(c) a parent of the applicant;
(d) a grandparent of the applicant;
(e) a brother or sister of the applicant;
(f) an uncle or aunt of the applicant who is:
(i) an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen; and
(ii) usually resident in Australia.

In the meanwhile, you need to provide alot of documents to support your application, documents such as: landed property, ties back home (ready work), relationship with your sponsor and strong statement of purpose etc.

Having said that, if your program has a pathway to university or degree program you will be assessed as a level 1 applicant and will not need to worry much about providing some of the aforementioned documents.

Hope that helps.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
maximus89:
Thanks bro, Later got a phone number on pearson website that gat me hooked with david. I Contacted David earlier today in PTE office opp. Alausa ikeja., a dark chobby dude...He is Nice guy tho....i have gotten d voucher and registered too. Same 50K, will b writing in December.
You're welcome. I'm a sis though. Goodluck with your exam.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justsaypie: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
PurpleG:

How was the PTE exam?
I mean how would you rate it?
Did you apply to only UniMelb?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lizzyrinola(f): 6:26am On Nov 24, 2016
I am thinking of adding a cert IV or advance diploma. am i still at risk if i combine the program? Considering my age too, I am 26 yrs.

Please advise

Thank You

WestAfrican:

You will be assessed under Level 3 which means you are a high risk applicant. For such reason, only those list below can be your sponsor:

(i) an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen; and

In the meanwhile, you need to provide alot of documents to support your application, documents such as: landed property, ties back home (ready work), relationship with your sponsor and strong statement of purpose etc.

Having said that, if your program has a pathway to university or degree program you will be assessed as a level 1 applicant and will not need to worry much about providing some of the aforementioned documents.

Hope that helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 6:42am On Nov 24, 2016
justsaypie:

How was the PTE exam?
I mean how would you rate it?
Did you apply to only UniMelb?
It was fine, the test is okay. Yeah, only uniMelb.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2016
lizzyrinola:
I am thinking of adding a cert IV or advance diploma. am i still at risk if i combine the program? Considering my age too, I am 26 yrs.

Please advise

Thank You

Only undergraduate, masters or phd degrees are considered AL1 which is low risk. You don't necessarily have to enrol for undergraduate program while you're in the country. It just makes it easy to get a visa grant.

Meanwhile, you still need to put into consideration what you intent doing after you complete your course (that's if you don't intent going for a degree program)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justsaypie: 8:34am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello house,
Would someone be kind enough to explain the dynamics of the SSVF as it applies to Nigerians.

Thanks!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
PurpleG:

thanks Dear @purpleG...wats up are U Presently in OZ and wats d Update with unimelbourne. Any advice on visa stuff cos my school is also under ssvf..thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
maximus89:
thanks Dear @purpleG...wats up are U Presently in OZ and wats d Update with unimelbourne. Any advice on visa stuff cos my school is also under ssvf..thanks
You're welcome. I'm still in Nigeria and yet to apply for visa. I'll apply as soon as I get admission. I thought all schools are under ssvp. You should check the assessment level your school falls under. Which school are you going to?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 5:14am On Nov 25, 2016
Hello All,
Please where can one get Yellow fever vaccination card in Lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 25, 2016
Kenyata:
Hello All,
Please where can one get Yellow fever vaccination card in Lagos?
immediately you pass the airport toll gate if you're coming from nahco , there's a building to the right ....go with your international passport

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2016
That reminds me , said I was going to post this here but keep forgetting..

Here's iom charges for medicals (X-ray inclusive)..
Was advised by a lady here to use them and I did ...cheaper, well organized..it's at ikeja GRA .no.1 Isaac John street ..so those that stay in the mainland ,.........

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 6:44am On Nov 25, 2016
WestAfrican:

Hope that helps.
please what's my assessment level?

Degree in Law
Newcastle International College 1yr pathway to University of Newcastle
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 6:50am On Nov 25, 2016
Solitin40:
Degree in Law Newcastle International College 1yr pathway to University of Newcastle
AL3 ur school is not level 1 and ur country is level 3

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2016
Solitin40:

Degree in Law
Newcastle International College 1yr pathway to University of Newcastle

Yours is AL1. Irrespective of the country you are from so long as you are applying for a degree program or you have applied for a diploma course and a degree course and have both e-coe, you will be considered as AL1.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yours is AL1. Irrespective of the country you are from so long as you are applying for a degree program or you have applied for a diploma course and a degree course and have both e-coe, you will be considered as AL1.
But Sir , am lost oo .there are only 19 schools on AL1 .

1.    Australian National University

2.    Bond University

3.    Carnegie Mellon University

4.    Deakin University

5.    Macquarie University

6.    Monash University

7.    Queensland University of Technology

8.    The University of Adelaide

9.    The University of Melbourne

10.   The University of New England

11.   The University of New South Wales

12.   The University of Notre Dame Australia

13.   The University of Queensland

14.   The University of Sydney

15.   The University of Western Australia

16.   Torrens University Australia Limited

17.   University of South Australia

18.   University of Technology Sydney

19.   Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

I don't think all this schools require Soa .cos admission takes time ( 4 -6weeks ) , cos the schools ,scrutinize the documents sir .so they are low risk

Well am a novice Sir

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

You're welcome. I'm still in Nigeria and yet to apply for visa. I'll apply as soon as I get admission. I thought all schools are under ssvp. You should check the assessment level your school falls under. Which school are you going to?
Not all schools are under ssvf .just 19 schools

2.    Bond University

4.    Deakin University

6.    Monash University

Those are d schools under ssvp
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Not all schools are under ssvf .just 19 schools

2.    Bond University

4.    Deakin University

6.    Monash University

Those are d schools under ssvp

Really? These schools are AL1 schools, other schools are under ssvp too but they might be AL2 or AL3 schools.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

Really? These schools are AL1 schools, other schools are under ssvp too but they might be AL2 or AL3 schools.
Yes dear ,you Got it . but the admission stage .no be here o embarassed..e dey take time ehn
Other schools not on those list ,will be AL 2 and Al3

Have u applied into uni of Melbourne ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Yes dear ,you Got it . but the admission stage .no be here o embarassed..e dey take time ehn

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Yeah, I have applied. They should start giving out admission by next week. Which school did you apply to?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

Yeah, I have applied. They should start giving out admission by next week. Which school did you apply to?
Lol . start giving out admission ,by next week ,who talk am ? grin..admission dey take time o . depends on school tho ..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Lol . start giving out admission ,by next week ,who talk am ? grin..admission dey take time o . depends on school tho ..
It's on their website, the deadline to apply for my course was on October 28, so it takes about 4weeks to get admission.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykedancastro(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

I don't know about the veracity of the above timeline, I applied to unimelb early July followed up with a mail and got admission after 5 weeks or so for semester 1 2017 though am not enrolling there, got response from unsw within 28hrs.

I took my time to read/scan through this thread and that of PR and in line now and due to comment.

Below is my time line.
Lodged visa app on 27/10/16, front loaded medical on 26/10/16.
Direct grant 04/11/16.
Documents:
CTC(yellow card, birth certificate, transcript, degree certificate, WAEC, Sponsorship letter/award letter)
Original scan of employment letter, recommendation letter from employer, passport data page, statement of purpose(around 350 words) and eCOE.
Finally prayers.

Please note, I only came across thiS page after my application, was actually preparing to arrange documents for PR App.

I wish us success in our sojourn.

Daalu.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
BADNEAT:
immediately you pass the airport toll gate if you're coming from nahco , there's a building to the right ....go with your international passport

Thanks a lot BADNEAT.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
iykedancastro:

I don't know about the veracity of the above timeline, I applied to unimelb early July followed up with a mail and got admission after 5 weeks or so for semester 1 2017 though am not enrolling there, got response from unsw within 28hrs.

I took my time to read/scan through this thread and that of PR and in line now and due to comment.

Below is my time line.
Lodged visa app on 27/10/16, front loaded medical on 26/10/16.
Direct grant 04/11/16.
Documents:
CTC(yellow card, birth certificate, transcript, degree certificate, WAEC, Sponsorship letter/award letter)
Original scan of employment letter, recommendation letter from employer, passport data page, statement of purpose(around 350 words) and eCOE.
Finally prayers.

Please note, I only came across thiS page after my application, was actually preparing to arrange documents for PR App.

I wish us success in our sojourn.

Daalu.

Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57