Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046623 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Curtinb90(m): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
I greet everyone in the house angry...am new on this very thread,have also gone through the advice and suggests in this past by great people of these house...

My Details

I graduated from futa( quantity surveying)
one year working experience
am 26yrs
I got 6 band in ielts exams.

My position
I have been given an offer by curtin university for graduate certificate in Project management leading to master in pjm....2 years program. about to apply for visa

My concerns and questions
1.it seems my school is not under ssvf , what are the documents I will not in that case?
2.am thinking I should be patient a bit to go for PR.
3. should I consider two straight year program in project management....
4. what are the benefits of grat cert in getting PR in Australia?

Thanks for yours kind gesture sir/ma's grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

It's on their website, the deadline to apply for my course was on October 28, so it takes about 4weeks to get admission.
Oct 28 , for February 2017 next year right .its well

Nextweek then ,hopefully cool
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
My pple, I need ur advice. I have been on this since january and many i started the application with have all gotten to Australia.

Firstly i paid my tuition deposit of 13,000 aud to charles sturt university and while waiting for coE i was sent a mail to send an updated bank statement having 50,000 aud as proof of fund. This i later sent but i used the statement of a non relative.

The school later refused me an unconditional offer and after many months i was refunded.

I currently have a b.sc in marketing with 4 years experience in customer service as an mtn customer care rep.

I have contacted pfl and they applied for msc. marketing in rmit but was denied. reason was that my qualification doesn't meet their standard. Pfl subsquently applied for bachelor in Business(information systems). currently undergoing evaluation.

1.What are my chances of securing a student visa. considering i am going for B.sc instead of an advanced programme like masters.

2. My wife wants to come with me so am thinking if this wouldn't ruin my chances.

Its really frustrating how the former sch delayed me for 10 months after receiving tuition deposit
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 7:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=iykedancastro post=51360903]

I don't know about the veracity of the above timeline, I applied to unimelb early July followed up with a mail and got admission after 5 weeks or so for semester 1 2017 though am not enrolling there, got response from unsw within 28hrs.

Hi, thanks for the info. I applied just a day before the deadline for my course and it's not yet 5weeks. Congrats on your grant, wish you success in OZ.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Oct 28 , for February 2017 next year right .its well

Nextweek then ,hopefully cool
Yes, for Feb 2017.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

Yes, for Feb 2017.

One bro ,said uni of Melbourne ,took 5weeks. This ssvp rubbish admission, dey take time gan . u might be lucky sha ,to get it in 4weeks . fingers crossed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykedancastro(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=PurpleG post=51368030][/quote]
Thanks. You can follow up via email if need be.
All the best too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
Curtinb90:
I greet everyone in the house angry...am new on this very thread,have also gone through the advice and suggests in this past by great people of these house...

My Details

I graduated from futa( quantity surveying)
one year working experience
am 26yrs
I got 6 band in ielts exams.

My position
I have been given an offer by curtin university for graduate certificate in Project management leading to master in pjm....2 years program. about to apply for visa

My concerns and questions
1.it seems my school is not under ssvf , what are the documents I will not in that case?
2.am thinking I should be patient a bit to go for PR.
3. should I consider two straight year program in project management....
4. what are the benefits of grat cert in getting PR in Australia?

Thanks for yours kind gesture sir/ma's grin

1, yeah, its not under ssvp ,you will need to submit Statement of account ,you might want to show ties ti Nigeria, by submitting landed properties etc

2, I don't know much about PR .Oga belong ,NNBB westafrican be guru for all those levels

3, if you have direct admission for MSC ,you can take it

4, no benefits Sir ,its a pathway to MSC
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
Hi Stan how r u doing. I noticed you said your canada visa was denied after passing the medicals. I just want to know, was it an upfront medical or were you requested to do it. I thought once they ask you to do medicals that means you have been approved?
Stan658:

Ok. Thank you very much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Curtinb90(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
@ foreverkind1 thanks for your response..it's highly appreciated. .I will put them to use. wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
Curtinb90:
@ foreverkind1 thanks for your response..it's highly appreciated. .I will put them to use. wink
How many weeks did it take u,to get admission into curtin university?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
iykedancastro:

I don't know about the veracity of the above timeline, I applied to unimelb early July followed up with a mail and got admission after 5 weeks or so for semester 1 2017 though am not enrolling there, got response from unsw within 28hrs.

I took my time to read/scan through this thread and that of PR and in line now and due to comment.

Below is my time line.
Lodged visa app on 27/10/16, front loaded medical on 26/10/16.
Direct grant 04/11/16.
Documents:
CTC(yellow card, birth certificate, transcript, degree certificate, WAEC, Sponsorship letter/award letter)
Original scan of employment letter, recommendation letter from employer, passport data page, statement of purpose(around 350 words) and eCOE.
Finally prayers.

Please note, I only came across thiS page after my application, was actually preparing to arrange documents for PR App.

I wish us success in our sojourn.

Daalu.
Congrats. No Statement of Accounts was submitted?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by maximus89: 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

You're welcome. I'm still in Nigeria and yet to apply for visa. I'll apply as soon as I get admission. I thought all schools are under ssvp. You should check the assessment level your school falls under. Which school are you going to?
Deakin University...Masters degree.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
iykedancastro:

Thanks.
You can follow up via email if need be.

All the best too.
OK, I will. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
maximus89:
Deakin University...Masters degree.
Deakin Uni is in Melbourne right? Wish you all the best.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

One bro ,said uni of Melbourne ,took 5weeks. This ssvp rubbish admission, dey take time gan . u might be lucky sha ,to get it in 4weeks . fingers crossed
Yeah, I hope so. I will get in touch with them on Monday.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
PurpleG:

Yeah, I hope so. I will get in touch with them on Monday.
Did u get any message ,that they have received your application ,when u submitted ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

But Sir , am lost oo .there are only 19 schools on AL1 .

1.    Australian National University

2.    Bond University

3.    Carnegie Mellon University

4.    Deakin University

5.    Macquarie University

6.    Monash University

7.    Queensland University of Technology

8.    The University of Adelaide

9.    The University of Melbourne

10.   The University of New England

11.   The University of New South Wales

12.   The University of Notre Dame Australia

13.   The University of Queensland

14.   The University of Sydney

15.   The University of Western Australia

16.   Torrens University Australia Limited

17.   University of South Australia

18.   University of Technology Sydney

19.   Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

I don't think all this schools require Soa .cos admission takes time ( 4 -6weeks ) , cos the schools ,scrutinize the documents sir .so they are low risk

Well am a novice Sir

The link below will help you know what assessment level you fall into. Scroll down to use the documents checklist tool.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

If you have applied for a diploma course with a pathway to University and you have both diploma and university e-coe. Your case officer will assess you on your university ecoe and not diploma. Reason is because at the end of the day you will be going for a degree and not diploma.

You can go through the link below for better understanding of ssvp.
http://www.border.gov.au/Educationproviders/Pages/education-providers.aspx

Australian government doesnt want you to come work and payoff your tuition rather they want you to bring in money from your home country. So therefore, in order for them to be sure you are a genuine entrant they have placed diploma and tafe courses on AL3 list. Those coming for those courses must show heaps of documents to show they will be funding their studies from home.

Some schools under AL1 may still wish to see your bank statement before you are given admission. Reason is because some have entered the country and have refused to continue their studies due to unavailability of funds. Thou your chances of geting a visa under AL1 is higher than someone going for AL2/3.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
WestAfrican:

The link below will help you know what assessment level you fall into. Scroll down to use the documents checklist tool.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

If you have applied for a diploma course with a pathway to University and you have both diploma and university e-coe. Your case officer will assess you on your university ecoe and not diploma. Reason is because at the end of the day you will be doing for a degree and not diploma.

You can go through the link below for better understanding of ssvp.
http://www.border.gov.au/Educationproviders/Pages/education-providers.aspx

Australian government doesnt want you to come work and payoff your tuition rather they want yoh to bring in money from your home country. So therefore, in order for them to be sure you are a genuine entrant they have placed diploma and tafe courses on AL3 list. Those coming for those courses must sure heaps of documents to show they will be funding their studies from home.

Some schools under AL1 may still wish to see your bank statement before you are given admission. Reason is because some have entered the country and have refused to continue their studies due to unavailability of funds. Thou your chances of geting a visa under AL1 is higher than someone going for AL2/3.

My boss ,I hail you sir

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

Did u get any message ,that they have received your application ,when u submitted ?
Yes
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Curtinb90(m): 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
@ foreverkind1
It took 3days or so
I applied through an agent tho..

why do you ask sir grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Curtinb90(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
foreverkind1:

How many weeks did it take u,to get admission into curtin university?

3days sir...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:41am On Nov 26, 2016
foreverkind1:

My boss ,I hail you sir

Taiwo no lele smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 6:13am On Nov 26, 2016
Curtinb90:
@ foreverkind1
It took 3days or so
I applied through an agent tho..

why do you ask sir grin

Nothing sir . your school fast sha
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2016
Hello house.... someone was asking me if IOM is part of the accredited physician for medicals ..has there been any incidence of it been rejected ?
Or is fatayi Williams the only accredited physician. .i used fatayi Williams om my part....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 11:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Ilias2:
Hello house.... someone was asking me if IOM is part of the accredited physician for medicals ..has there been any incidence of it been rejected ?
Or is fatayi Williams the only accredited physician. .i used fatayi Williams om my part....
IOM is one of the accredited hospitals.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2016
oknee:

IOM is one of the accredited hospitals.

Hello, can i get the Polio test from Fatah Williams
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ilias2:
IOM has been updated on DIBP website as part of the accredited centers.
Llexnet:

Hello, can i get the Polio test from Fatah Williams
You can get it there but it goes for 3k while it is 1k at port health.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ilias2:
The tuition deposit is 2000 aud.however u will pay it before u get ur ecoe and also u will need to pay for OHSC so. Just add the 2000 plus say the OHSC is 1350....so u will be required to pay 3350 as ur initial deposits with which u will get ur COE. So u just have to minus the 3350 from the total package when paying before lectures commences.

Bro please how is the tuition deposit for that UWA school, I heard it aus&2000..hoow true is that??..i applied to the same school bcus of tuition deposit I was told??...
Thank you for ur reply..

Hello, Pls can you shed more light on this sch. I am interested if the tuition deposit of UWA is as low as 2000aud and 1350 for oshc.

also link me to your agent or put me through on how to get this done within the shortest time possible.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
Tuition is not 2000.. part payment is the 2000 i mentioned.if you are looking for something lower in terms of fees...australian catholic uni is cheap ...flinders uni is also cheap depending on the course. ..Melbourne Macquarie and uwa and uws are expensive. ...also do whatever u wana do ontime if u are looking forward to gaining admission for feb 2017 intake. ....

quote author=Stanleyelege post=51390249]

Hello, Pls can you shield more light on this sch. I am interested if the tuition deposit of UWA is as low as 2000aud and 1350 for oshc.

also link me to your agent or put me through on how to get this done within the shortest time possible.

Thanks in anticipation

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykedancastro(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
Solitin40:
Congrats. No Statement of Accounts was submitted?
i believe the sponsorship letter served that purpose. Am on a scholarship.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
[quote author=Ilias2 post=51390524]Tuition is not 2000.. part payment is the 2000 i mentioned.if you are looking for something lower in terms of fees...australian catholic uni is cheap ...flinders uni is also cheap depending on the course. ..Melbourne Macquarie and uwa and uws are expensive. ...also do whatever u wana do ontime if u are looking forward to gaining admission for feb 2017 intake. ....
quote author=Stanleyelege post=51390249]

Thanks bro. i understood u rightly. As i know no sch accepts 2000 as full payment. I asked if the tuition DEPOSIT for uwa was 2000 aud and if u can link me with the agent pls. I v been contacting friends but non is aware of this very important information. Thank u in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.