Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052600 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:32am On Dec 14, 2016
bligs:

Is it advisable for someone with student visa to get PCC while coming in order to use it later for PR purpose?

Depends on when you want to apply. The PCC and medical are only valid for one year.

If you plan applying for PR, why not do it now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 5:12am On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=BADNEAT post=51904045]Lolz...you don drop the news already naa

My grant dropped today o my people ..visa app and biometrics completed last week Monday ..[/quote

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=bblessed post=51909627][/quote]thanks much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2016
BADNEAT:
thanks much

Congratulations ugo,am so happy for u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2016
abbyjo:

Congratulations ugo,am so happy for u
thanks dear ...you're great
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Wizcollifa(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2016
AUSTRALIA is very expensive from my research so far, thats not the problem cos me am ready to invest. but i have one major challenge now, i have phobia for snakes so i will like our gurus in the house living there to indicate their major city where snakes dnt roam about. so that i can apply to the university there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ekazulu: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2016
BADNEAT:
Lolz...you don drop the news already naa

My grant dropped today o my people ..visa app and biometrics completed last week Monday ..

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2016
ekazulu:

Congrats bro
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:
All I've to say is that joy comes in the morning
My grant is out

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 10:17am On Dec 14, 2016
BADNEAT:
Lolz...you don drop the news already naa

My grant dropped today o my people ..visa app and biometrics completed last week Monday ..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
Congratulations to baddest and Nwokeomajayb. We thank God for his grace on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
bellong:

Depends on when you want to apply. The PCC and medical are only valid for one year.

If you plan applying for PR, why not do it now.

Please what is PCC?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kenyata:

Please what is PCC?

Police clearance certificate

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
Wizcollifa:
AUSTRALIA is very expensive from my research so far, thats not the problem cos me am ready to invest. but i have one major challenge now, i have phobia for snakes so i will like our gurus in the house living there to indicate their major city where snakes dnt roam about. so that i can apply to the university there.

Nawa o. Snakes again>
i will kill and eat them .

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
Wizcollifa:

If that's the challenge you've I'm not seeing it as a problem then.
As boko haram dey disturb for Naija and you're sleeping and snoring in your location, bro that's the way the reptile thing is in Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Nawa o. Snakes again>
i will kill and eat them .

It is illegal or an offence (if you like) to kill snakes in some states if not all state in Australia. You could get 2years sentence and $10,000 fine.

Having said that, if it's a poisonous snake ane pose a risk to your life you can get away with it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 3:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Wizcollifa:
This guy got me laughing here. Snakes roaming the city? Another lies from the media or too know people, I have spent more than a calendar year and I haven't set my eyes on one.even Koalas or kangaroos are not roaming the street.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2016
BADNEAT:
thanks

Could you please give us your timeline
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2016
Nwokeomajay please your timeline
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2016
bblessed:

Could you please give us your timeline
timeline may have been forgotten but lemme try.

Applied to Macquarie in September,on a Wednesday,got offer Friday same week..

Payed semester tuition in October and got COE next day.

Medicals on 24th November, done and front loaded at iom.

Visa application on 2ND December , decision made on 12th, notification of grant on 13th.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2016
teahigh:

And how was it.....??
I went for PTE instead....tink its easier.
Sup, have you done the pte? how was it?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2016
supremez74:

go for PTE,I took it on a Thursday got my result on a sat got an 88 out 90 overall, first sitting, its about 55k if you buy the voucher in naija(about 37k if you pay with Ur card but not naija cards)

My advice goto PTE official website and check for centres in your state, goto to any centre closest to you, buy the voucher from them and fill it or give them #1000 to fill it for you, INSTEAD of going to all these littered scam agents,
N.B: you can write the exam 2days after registration and the result comes out before 5working days,mine took 2days.

also download the PTE simulation software and practice till you become perfect repeatedly, the software gives correction and has same interface with the main exam.
What was your pte score in each band?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
bblessed:
Nwokeomajay please your timeline

Applied to Macquaire uni on 8/11/16
Offer came out on 9/11/16
Paid tuition on 16/11/16
ECoe on 18/11/16
Medical 21/11/16
Biometric 28/11/16
Submitted 28/11/16
Grant 12/12/16

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DonFAASHY: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello gurus in the aouse, I am a degree holder (B.Agric) and I want you to educate me on the chances of getting a visa through Masters or Diploma courses. Which one stands a better chance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
BADNEAT:
timeline may have been forgotten but lemme try.

Applied to Macquarie in September,on a Wednesday,got offer Friday same week..

Payed semester tuition in October and got COE next day.

Medicals on 24th November, done and front loaded at iom.

Visa application on 2ND December , decision made on 12th, notification of grant on 13th.

Woow everything was so fast. Please was it masters you applied for and did you certify documents sent to the university.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Applied to Macquaire uni on 8/11/16
Offer came out on 9/11/16
Paid tuition on 16/11/16
ECoe on 18/11/16
Medical 21/11/16
Biometric 28/11/16
Submitted 28/11/16
Grant 12/12/16

Please did you submit SOA during visa stage.Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Maraizu19: 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good evening all. Pls how possible is it to get a visitor visa to australia or new zealand just for 1 month holiday on a virgin passport. From my reserch, it is easier to convert such visa to a work visa if you get a work offer. That is my aim. I do not have a relative or friend there to send me invitation. I plan to use hotel reservation and flight return ticket as the invitation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
bblessed:

Woow everything was so fast. Please was it masters you applied for and did you certify documents sent to the university.thanks
masters ,yes .
Notarized documents for visa ,.
No statement of account for AL1 schools

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
bblessed:

Please did you submit SOA during visa stage.Thanks

Nope
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
BADNEAT:
masters ,yes .
Notarized documents for visa ,.
No statement of account for AL1 schools

OK thanks
Please did you use an agent or you applied directly.cos from their site it says that every international students must use their agent.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Nope

Ok thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Maraizu19: 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Whilw i wait for answers to my first question, has any one tried this website? http://www.brightannica.com/index.php?/cheapest-course/Cheap-Course-in-Sydney.html ? There fees seems so cheap. Is it possible for international students to gain admission in one of those diploma courses? I am about mailing them now but i said let me ask if any one has used them to see how genuine they are.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.