Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052524 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Got one for #515000 yesterday

Wow!, that's huge!!!! when did you plan on leaving?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Doodoo10: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sirchino:

@WestAfrican , well said and noted.

Thanks...

@sirchino

I have found myself in the same shoes and problem

I am also a petroleum engineer, now I wish to follow the advise of @westafrica about applying for student visa while u wait or we wait, for the pr application,

Pls West African, kindly advise on the best route of student visa to apply to, I mean the school or any advise about school application that will Suite the primary aim of applying for the pr in no distance time after arriving OZ

Thanks sires
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
Raymondeji:
Pls guys, I seriously need help. I need someone that can accommodate me in Melbourne for max 2 weeks. Pls help a brother. Oladejiray@gmail.com

Pls guys, I need response
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wittyshey: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hello house, good evening. Please do I need Yellow fever card before submitting my application? Or it can be done when asked to go for medicals?
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
wittyshey:
Hello house, good evening. Please do I need Yellow fever card before submitting my application? Or it can be done when asked to go for medicals?
Thanks
why do you want to wait for them to ask for medicals??haven't you heard of frontloading
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
Llexnet:

Feb, how's the process going?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wittyshey: 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
BADNEAT:
why do you want to wait for them to ask for medicals??haven't you heard of frontloading
Thank you. I Actually prefer it that way. I just want to know if it's compulsory I upload it with my application now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
wittyshey:

Thank you. I Actually prefer it that way. I just want to know if it's compulsory I upload it with my application now.
you need your yellow card ,notarized along side other relevant documents ...it is compulsory you upload ...let me advice you,Visa application is not a play thing ...don't be deceived ,as much as they're looking for a reason to give you a grant ,so also are they looking for half a reason not to..
If all required documents are not submitted , it's within the discretion of the case officer to either contact you or simply refuse your visa ..these are human beings ,you don't want to make their work difficult for them else the repercussion may not go well with you ..

And please, except yours is a special case or you have a particular personal reason, Front Load your Medicals!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guchi120(m): 4:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Please house can anyone help? I have a chance between , * UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG and WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY, please which should i go for , if you have any reasons for the one you think is best please identify them . Thanks . Mean while am going for master's in information technology.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 6:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Doodoo10:

@sirchino

I am also a petroleum engineer, now I wish to follow the advise of @westafrica about applying for student visa while u wait or we wait, for the pr application,

Pls West African, kindly advise on the best route of student visa to apply to, I mean the school or any advise about school application that will Suite the primary aim of applying for the pr in no distance time after arriving OZ

Thanks sires

Have a good look at the courses on Sol and select one that is related to petroleum engineering. Apply to a school, get your ecoe, apply for your visa. While studying for your masters and your degree course (P~Engineering) appears on sol, then you can apply for PR and wait the outcome. If it doesn't, you can continue with your masters on the related course and apply for PR after you have completed that degree.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 6:09am On Dec 22, 2016
guchi120:
Please house can anyone help? I have a chance between , * UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG and WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY, please which should i go for , if you have any reasons for the one you think is best please identify them . Thanks . Mean while am going for master's in information technology.

Compare there individual fees and also the location ...also u might need to consider if one or both skul is on AL1 ....and also the ratings. ..in all it the fees that matter most...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 6:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Ilias2:

Compare there individual fees and also the location ...also u might need to consider if one or both skul is on AL1 ....and also the ratings. ..in all it the fees that matter most...
The question is:
How lucrative is it to find jobs in both places?
Fees may be high but if you can find jobs to cover up your expenses that is what is paramount.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwatobi94: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2016
guchi120:

I will advise you to go for Western Sydney university because of the job availability. Although non of the schools are under svp..
The choice is yours

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 6:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Llexnet:

That flight supposed to be upto a million naira but a friend used his award token to get it for me. From lag to dhabi to Sydney. Just one drop. Just check maybe you can still get below 500

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2016
guchi120:
WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2016
Llexnet:

Check cheapflights.com.ng i saw #380+k upward

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Hello all, today is my birthday. Sounds like something to be cheerful about. Right? Unfortunately, today doesn't seem to be starting with cheer as my dream to visit, study or probably live in Australia is presently appearing as a mirage.

I discovered this thread few months ago only after I had engaged the service of a visa agent who claimed to be an expert. He applied for a Business visitor's class on my behalf using some information that is not true about me. I discovered this just yesterday after receiving the details for assessing my Immi account from him and of course, you can tell that my application was refused.

I'm not even concerned about the refusal now but whether it is possible to correct the misleading information already registered with DIBP without any eyebrow raised when making same or other visa category applications. In short, what can I do?

Please your candid advice is needed at this point.
Cheers.

Cc: WestAfrican, Bellong et al
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 8:20am On Dec 22, 2016
SegunWamiri:
Hello all, today is my birthday. Sounds like something to be cheerful about. Right? Unfortunately, today doesn't seem to be starting with cheer as my dream to visit, study or probably live in Australia is presently appearing as a mirage.

I discovered this thread few months ago only after I had engaged the service of a visa agent who claimed to be an expert. He applied for a Business visitor's class on my behalf using some information that is not true about me. I discovered this just yesterday after receiving the details for assessing my Immi account from him and of course, you can tell that my application was refused.

I'm not even concerned about the refusal now but whether it is possible to correct the misleading information already registered with DIBP without any eyebrow raised when making same or other visa category applications. In short, what can I do?

Please your candid advice is needed at this point.
Cheers.

Cc: WestAfrican, Bellong et al

What was the reason for refusal?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by egbabiekperemo1: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2016
guchi120:

There are no jobs in Wollongong

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by classichsy(m): 9:59am On Dec 22, 2016
oluwatobi94:

I will advise you to go for Western Sydney university because of the job availability. Although non of the schools are under svp..
The choice is yours

heIIo. I sent you PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2016
WestAfrican:

What was the reason for refusal?

Assessment
I have considered the information provided on your visa application form. You have declared that you are a 31 year old engaged male Nigerian national who wishes to travel to Australia to attend vForum on 09 and 10/11/2016. You state that you are employed at Isolo lcda since 01/03/2010.

You have not travelled to Australia nor have you provided acceptable evidence of travel to countries comparable to Australia. You have provided no acceptable documentation to support your claims of travel to Australia temporarily for business purposes. You have provided no evidence of funds to support your proposed stay in Australia or evidence of credentials or employment, invitation etc. or have you demonstrated strong enough incentive to return to your home country. I therefore have strong concerns regarding the genuineness of your claimed intention to visit Australia temporarily for business reasons or that you will abide by the visa conditions.

On balance I find that you do not meet subclause 600.211.

NB: I gave the so called agent copies of my child's birth certificate, expired UK student and schengen visitors' visa but according to records, he didn't upload them. He also said I'm engaged instead of married while he still went ahead and upload my marriage certificate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sirchino: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Doodoo10:

@sirchino

Thanks sires

Yeah, that is fine. I have already switched plans, after many consideration, i am now getting my tacts for pr route together, thoug still at cdr writing stage, certainly it will get done that way.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Assessment
I have considered the information provided on your visa application form. You have declared that you are a 31 year old engaged male Nigerian national who wishes to travel to Australia to attend vForum on 09 and 10/11/2016. You state that you are employed at Isolo lcda since 01/03/2010.

You have not travelled to Australia nor have you provided acceptable evidence of travel to countries comparable to Australia. You have provided no acceptable documentation to support your claims of travel to Australia temporarily for business purposes. You have provided no evidence of funds to support your proposed stay in Australia or evidence of credentials or employment, invitation etc. or have you demonstrated strong enough incentive to return to your home country. I therefore have strong concerns regarding the genuineness of your claimed intention to visit Australia temporarily for business reasons or that you will abide by the visa conditions.

On balance I find that you do not meet subclause 600.211.

NB: I gave the so called agent copies of my child's birth certificate, expired UK student and schengen visitors' visa but according to records, he didn't upload them. He also said I'm engaged instead of married while he still went ahead and upload my marriage certificate.

You are lucky no to have been refused on the ground of bogus information which carries a 3 years ban. Hence it is your responsibility to double check all information cum documents submitted by your agent.

Having said that, you may be assessed by a different body or case officer when you apply for a study visa.

Hence, you will need to first tell the truth that you have been denied a visa and give them the reason(s) for denial.

Secondly, you must support your student application with enough evidence or supporting documents.

Lastly you must do it yourself and pray to God.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, you can search for a registered immigration lawyer (search for MARA lawyers in Australia) to assist you further.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Praise be to Allah whom all people praise in different languages. He is the Most Bounteous and the Most Beneficent. I praise and thank Him in order to receive His pleasing Gifts. Allah please also bless Nairaland and all its members. Ameen.

I got a call from SA at about 11:17 which I'd call an interview and behold 30mins later I got my grant.

Want to tank evry1 here for support, wishing those expecting good luck and praying for those expecting to get theirs in due time.

Timeline:

Applied to Australian Centre of Further Education on 2nd Of Aug got admitted 9th of Aug

Applied for a 2yrs course: Diploma in Leadership and Management.

Paid tuition fee in Oct got CEO same Month.

Applied for Visa and went for Biometrics on 28th of Oct.

Did medical 1st of Nov.

Grant came today 22nd Dec.

After many sleepless nights.

Thank God all the same.

What a way to start the Xmas N New Year celebration.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
teahigh:
Praise be to Allah whom all people praise in different languages. He is the Most Bounteous and the Most Beneficent. I praise and thank Him in order to receive His pleasing Gifts. Allah please also bless Nairaland and all its members. Ameen.

I got a call from SA at about 11:17 which I'd call an interview and behold 30mins later I got my grant.

Want to tank evry1 here for support, wishing those expecting good luck and praying for those expecting to get theirs in due time.

Timeline:

Applied to Australia for Further Education on 2nd Of Aug got admitted 9th of Aug

Applied for a 2yrs course: Diploma in Leadership and Management.

Paid tuition fee in Oct got CEO same Month.

Applied for Visa and went for Biometrics on 28th of Oct.

Did medical 1st of Nov.

Grant came today 22nd Dec.

After many sleepless nights.

Thank God all the same.

What a way to start the Xmas N New Year celebration.
congratulations , nice way to end the year...didn't know they still call..eye opener to pending and prospective applicants..you can share the questions you were asked to help others who may not be too good at thinking fast

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
WestAfrican:

Thanks WestAfrican. Does this mean I have to fill the right information this time? Would that not be another reason for denial or raise suspiscion assuming it's the same body/same case officer who gets to assess my application?

Hence, you will need to first tell the truth that you have been denied a visa and give them the reason(s) for denial.

Secondly, you must support your student application with enough evidence or supporting documents.

Lastly you must do it yourself and pray to God.

All the best.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
BADNEAT:
congratulations , nice way to end the year...didn't know they still call..eye opener to pending and prospective applicants..you can share the questions you were asked to help others who may not be too good at thinking fast

Thanks Bro.

Yeah yu ryt....a rily nice way to end the year.

It was a lady that called. I was asked who my sponsor was, the kind of job he is into, which I told them.

They also asked who funded me when I was skuling here in 9ja, told her it was my parents who sponsored me. Then she asked how come my parents aren't the ones sponsoring my tuition abroad. Told her they don't have the funds dats why my broda is stepping in. She also asked if I still have any siblings in skul here in 9ja, told her I have 2, which my parents take care of, while my broda is to take care of mine. Then she asked the kinda jobs my parents are into, told her. (Pman na Mechanic, Malle Dey sell Drinks).

For some it might be diff questions....like why are you coming to study in Australia and what you intend to do after studying and stuffs like that.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
@ Doodoo10 Sirchino and other guys having issues with petroleum not being on the sol list. Please, in order not to waste your time, apply for PR with engineering technologist. Take my advice very well, so you won't have regrets. EA will happily give you technologist. Ask for it. There is also a queue for technologist but at least, it is on the SOL and also on CSOL. If you cn get your points to 70, you have no stress with getting PR with technologist. No.matter the thousands you pour into a petroleum masters, your pr chances remain the same..You can only hope for state nomination.Take my advice very well and START PREPARATIONS NOW.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by supremez74: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
please o , @Badneat and westafrica and others , what are the fastest means to pay tuition fees ,I went to diamond bank and first bank to request for a form A, they said its on a temporary ban from CBN that they have forms queued since August.
please someone should enlighten me, I need a transfer means that's fast
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2016
teahigh:

Thanks Bro.

Yeah yu ryt....a rily nice way to end the year.

It was a lady that called. I was asked who my sponsor was, the kind of job he is into, which I told them.

They also asked who funded me when I was skuling here in 9ja, told her it was my parents who sponsored me. Then she asked how come my parents aren't the ones sponsoring my tuition abroad. Told her they don't have the funds dats why my broda is stepping in. She also asked if I still have any siblings in skul here in 9ja, told her I have 2, which my parents take care of, while my broda is to take care of mine. Then she asked the kinda jobs my parents are into, told her. (Pman na Mechanic, Malle Dey sell Drinks).

For some it might be diff questions....like why are you coming to study in Australia and what you intend to do after studying and stuffs like that.

nice , congrats once again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
supremez74:
please o , @Badneat and westafrica and others , what are the fastest means to pay tuition fees ,I went to diamond bank and first bank to request for a form A, they said its on a temporary ban from CBN that they have forms queued since August.
please someone should enlighten me, I need a transfer means that's fast
no idea really ...
Please any one with info on banks that are still processing Form A real quick should help

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.