Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044936 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 2:16am On Jun 24, 2015
Guyz,

All this Chinesse in Sydney speaking chin chun waaa did they all wrote IELTS &/or PTE

How dem take come here

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Prince242:

@bellong pls I will appreciate if u can. because all dis airlines dey claim peak period with high prices undecided.

What is your final destination and flying from where?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 2:47am On Jun 24, 2015
Ifexsco

Call dibp. There was a number I posted on the part 1 of this thread....check izykvision's quotes. That number has no queue time. It will lead you directly to a processing officer.

That's if you are sure you are doing it right. If you can post screenshots of the page - so we can see how it looks like - we might see what the issue is
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 2:55am On Jun 24, 2015
Dav6:
@futuredom thanks my oga....affordable or shared accommodation around margaret Brisbane city...jobs prospects and all.. I leant there are jobs availability in Brisbane pls put me thru.....

Bro, I will be frank with you - getting a part time or casual job as a student in Brisbane can be really tedious, this is not to discourage anyone looking at coming to Brisbane. You'll eventually get one though. I believe the best approach is to know the kind of job you want to do, find out if such jobs requires certificate training and complete the training without hesitation. You can start doing research on student jobs while you are still in Naija. I may not be the best to advise you on jobs though as my experience is somewhat limited.

If you are looking at a shared accommodation, gumtree is a good place to look at. Also when you arrive, you might meet fellow students who are looking to team-up to rent a place together. If you want an apartment or a house of your own, realestate.com.au is a good site to look at however renting directly from the real estate agents can be a pain in the neck as they usually ask for "100 points ID requirements" which most newly arrived students do not have.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 3:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Thanks BossladyMo, I will upload a screenshot and also lay my hands on the number
bossladymo1:
Ifexsco

Call dibp. There was a number I posted on the part 1 of this thread....check izykvision's quotes. That number has no queue time. It will lead you directly to a processing officer.

That's if you are sure you are doing it right. If you can post screenshots of the page - so we can see how it looks like - we might see what the issue is
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 5:18am On Jun 24, 2015
BossladyMo, my phone doesn't have a screengrab, old BB things grin. I just called the number but not wit so much airtime. The guy said I shld send them by email;was at d point of asking to which address when the call went off. The call listed some emails before I was connected, gsm....didn't fully get it. Shld I send d docs to the email?
bossladymo1:
Ifexsco

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 5:29am On Jun 24, 2015
Ifexsco:
BossladyMo, my phone doesn't have a screengrab, old BB things grin. I just called the number but not wit so much airtime. The guy said I shld send them by email;was at d point of asking to which address when the call went off. The call listed some emails before I was connected, gsm....didn't fully get it. Shld I send d docs to the email?

They have different email addresses. Gsmadelaide, gsmbrisbane, gsmallocated etc.

You might have to call back though.

Let me see if I can still sign in to my immiacct. Will screen grab where the attachments should be.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 5:43am On Jun 24, 2015
Unfortunately, the way my immiaccount looks post-grant is different from the way yours looks.

Try clicking on your name , just on the highlight that has processing, wait for department to contact you. It should drop down a list of documents you should attach. Or better still, on the top right corner where you have attach documents, click on it and follow the steps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 5:54am On Jun 24, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Bro, i sent u a PM plz kindly repply.
Tnx
I didn't see it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dav6: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2015
Tanx futuredom I'm currently working on my accommodation tho..@laminaria. Medical front loaded,submitted 22/05 lunched in Pretoria 02/06,granted 22/06. No I was not called. @bellong pls post the feedback here for us my final destination is brisbane guess dsame with prince242..waiting. Thanks bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2015
samuelokwu:
Hi , please I am not clear. You submitted I CAN certificate and transcript to ICAA for assessment. Please which transcript 're you referring to ? Is it the university transcript? Or does ICAN give transcript too? Also you did not mention your bsc .
Does it mean as a chartered accountant you can be assessed based on ican certificate only? Pls clarify.

He said degree certificate... that's B.Sc, bro. I think ICAN has a transcript.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:04am On Jun 24, 2015
but NNBB2012 I tot u said DIBP will only accept what ur assessing body accepts. cos EA accepts only IELTS. so is it possible for him to still take PTE cos of time?
NNBB2012:

You should go for PTE exam now, you would get the result between 1-5days; if your IELTS remark is successful, you would be refunded.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2015
Lol. I saw some writing PTE in Port Harcourt when I went to write mine. Chinese and Indians, all of them are migrating to Australia tru PR route. cry

mrnilobrawn:
Guyz,

All this Chinesse in Sydney speaking chin chun waaa did they all wrote IELTS &/or PTE

How dem take come here

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by debris: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2015
can someone send me links to where I can study in Australia plz help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2015
laminaria:
@dav6: thanks for the input, yes in didn't fill that question 40 at all, I used strong bank Acc wit 8m plus ...I tink my sop was strong enough, and CO mention that my country social economy n political crisis n economy magine btw my country and oz....I guess level3 play negative part too..all d same. thank God I want banned. am on SVP route now for Oct intake.
*were u called for interview?
* medical front loaded?
*duration before d grants?
tanks in advance.
Please what school does the October intakes?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:11am On Jun 24, 2015
erictack203:
Lol. I saw some writing PTE in Port Harcourt when I went to write mine. Chinese and Indians, all of them are migrating to Australia tru PR route. cry

Hello Bros, where did u write your PTE in ph please? Is it BCIE on Aba road? And how much was it? The guy I met said 46,500 if they register me but I found out online that It costs 36,500 online. Also what was your he experience like, especially the cbt facilites and did it meet your expectations? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2015
NNBB2012:

You should go for PTE exam now, you would get the result between 1-5days; if your IELTS remark is successful, you would be refunded.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tweeny24: 8:15am On Jun 24, 2015
@lilspiccy.....congrats on the success of your app...sent you a pm ..really need your help....would love to hear back from you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2015
Google them, you will find what you want. You also have to be specific when asking questions e.g. your proposed course of studies and all that, with that someone can help you. Asking for where to study in oz is just a speculation becus the schools are much.

debris:
can someone send me links to where I can study in Australia plz help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2015
Will do that and get back to you. Thanks
bossladymo1:
Unfortunately, the way my immiaccount looks post-grant is different from the way yours looks.

Try clicking on your name , just on the highlight that has processing, wait for department to contact you. It should drop down a list of documents you should attach. Or better still, on the top right corner where you have attach documents, click on it and follow the steps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Prince242: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2015
bellong:

What is your final destination and flying from where?

Brisbane (BNE).. From Lagos
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by manmeta: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
missakomaye:

I hit 8.5 both in Listening and Speaking then writing and Reading na 6.5 each. Yet them give me overall as 7.5

General as I have heard from many is easier than academics because u are headed to school and they want to be sure you can cope academically as against the general day to day living and working.

I think Speaking and Listening are the same for both modules. They differ in Reading and Writing, if I'm correct.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mudico: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Please... HOw many days take Australia embassy on a busine subclass 600 visa. Because av submitted my visa application since last month on 22/05/2015 and am yet to see any notification
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2015
laminaria:
visa is not d issue just to step up my application this time n increase my chance.... that's y am asking so as to show proof. CO (summary)..i have no evidence that u have travelled outside naija b4...tho I do not draw any adverse conclusion but however I am unable to give weight to ur past compliance wit immigration law.
I know SVP has lesser scrutiny. ..but to show d story isn't d same wit me like I did in feb
so house wat do u tink?
@futuredon...I sent u pm, pls respond

OK now that u have explained I get it.
Write down all the countries u have visited including Ghana or cotonou sef. It's ur travel history they need and they want to know u didn't over stay in any of those places u visited.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seunplanet: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2015
please my people can you share more light on this pleàse.Assessment Results - Skilled Migration Australia
Expression of Interest

June 23, 20
Nominated Occupation:
SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER

ANZSCO Code:

Your Results
We have completed our initial assessment and we are happy to confirm that you do meet the necessary point’s criteria for the AUS Skilled Independent. As discussed over the phone, the minimum number of points one can qualify under is 60. After completing this assessment we have awarded you a total of 60 points which means we are able to lodge an application to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to secure your Permanent Residency in Australia. Congratulations!

Your Nominated Occupation
The closest nominated occupation on the CSOL List, which matches your work experience, is SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER. Given the fact that this occupation is on a shortage skills list for Australia, one can assume there is HIGH demand for your skill set. Having said this, securing work should be a relatively straight forward process and something that New World Immigration can assist with. Having a look at the average salaries in Australia for this occupation, you can expect to earn approximately $1300 per week.

Available States
Below is a list of available states that you would be able to settle in. You will be required to live in one of these states for 2 years before you will be eligible to move.

Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, South Australia,Tasmania,Victoria,Western Australia

Your Tasks and Duties
Below are the tasks and duties associated with your chosen occupation. It is important that you satisfy at least 70% of the tasks and duties listed below.

presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities guiding discussions and supervising work in class preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students' progress and recording the results discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counselors and senior teachers maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops liaising with parent, community and business groups maintaining class and scholastic records performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs supervising student teachers on placement

Your Points
Based on the information you have provided, we have calculated your points as follows:

English Proficiency:
 10pts - Proficient English - (IELTS 7)

Australian Work Experience:
 0pts - NONE

Overseas Work Experience:
 5pts - Three Years ( of the past 5 years)

Qualifications:
 15pts - Bachelors Degree ( Incl Hon Mast )

Australian Study
 0pts - None

Partner Skills
 0pts - None

Other Point Allocations:
 0pts - None

Sponsorship

5pts - State or Territory

Total 60

Your Skills Assessment
With any work or skilled permanent residency process for Australia, one must complete a Skills Assessment first. The Skills Assessing Authority we have selected for you is Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL). They are based in Australia and details regarding payment and processing times for this application will be communicated to you shortly.

Service and Government Fees
Our Service Fees are as follows:

Stage 1: Skills Assessment  Stage R14 250.00
Stage 2: Department of Immigration and Citizenship Stage R7 980.00

The Government fees are as follows:

Stage 1: Skills Assessment: AUD$800 to AUD$1000 dependent on Assessing Authority
Stage 2: Department of Immigration fee AUD$3520 for the main applicant, AUD$1760 for each additional dependent over the age of 18 years and AUD$880 for each additional dependent under the age of 18 years (Total AUD$  for a family of 4, approx R70 000)

Miscellaneous costs

English language test, police clearances and the whole family would need to do medicals.
(Total miscellaneous costs for 1 adult will be approximately R3000.00)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
Guyz,

How dem take come here
Hahahaha. Yes they did. U will be surprised they passed their written exams. Some pretend not to speak English at all but they do speak it. Chinese everywhere love to speak their own language so except is very necessary they will fool you. Moreover when English is not ur first language you are tested differently and there are also compulsory english courses u take when u arrive. TEFL teachers (Teaching English to Foreign Learners)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2015
manmeta:

I think Speaking and Listening are the same for both modules. They differ in Reading and Writing, if I'm correct.

Yes they differ in Reading and Writing for sure.
I wrote wit a friend same day same hall. Listening was same na her writing and reading different from my own.and that's the difficulty for some.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2015
Dav6:
Tanx futuredom I'm currently working on my accommodation tho..@laminaria. Medical front loaded,submitted 22/05 lunched in Pretoria 02/06,granted 22/06. No I was not called. @bellong pls post the feedback here for us my final destination is brisbane guess dsame with prince242..waiting. Thanks bro
@dav6 where are you flying from? lagos or abuja?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good day everyone,

I have a question please. God willing, we are expecting delivery of a baby in some months time but he/she is likely to be born after our PR is granted but before we land in Australia, grin if i counting 3 months plus another 60 days after EOI lodging date in July/August 2015

1.How do we obtain a visa for the baby?
2.Do i include one extra defendant in my EOI?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.