Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044890 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
yes ur correct...i saw the differences in reading and writing on IELTS website
manmeta:

I think Speaking and Listening are the same for both modules. They differ in Reading and Writing, if I'm correct.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
In my opinion, I know that theres no way a childs parents will be permanent residents or citizens n the he/she will not benefit from it n one day become like the parents. cos in the UK u can apply for citizenship based on the fact that ur grandfather is a citizen
scrollmeout:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
scrollmeout:
Good day everyone,

I have a question please. God willing, we are expecting delivery of a baby in some months time but he/she is likely to be born after our PR is granted but before we land in Australia, grin if i counting 3 months plus another 60 days after EOI lodging date in July/August 2015

1.How do we obtain a visa for the baby?
2.Do i include one extra defendant in my EOI?

Thanks

We were in the same shoes.

Hold up on your meds till after baby is born. If you are granted before baby is born, you will need to file a child's visa....and that is long tin, especially as it is offshore.

I know someone whose child was born in the US after pr was granted. The boy is here on his US passport, but the parents still need to file a child's visa.

I did my baby's passport 8 days after she was born, and meds was done at 2 weeks of age or so. No biggie. Just tell the CO you need more time because of the pregnancy.

Whatever it is you do, ensure your child is not born in Naija without being a dependent on your visa. If he was born onshore, after PR, he would be a citizen.

And no, you cant add an unborn child qs a dependent. H/she has no name, sex or birth date yet.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
the boss has spoken...this is enlightening. thx, I hope it works out for him smiley
bossladymo1:

Hold up on your meds till after baby is born. If you are granted before baby is born, you will need to file a child's visa....and that is long tin, especially as it is offshore.

I know someone whose child was born in the US after pr was granted. The boy is here on his US passport, but the parents still need to file a child's visa.

I did my baby's passport 8 days after she was born, and meds was done at 2 weeks of age or so. No biggie. Just tell the CO you need more time because of the pregnancy.

Whatever it is you do, ensure your child is not born in Naija without being a dependent on your visa. If he was born onshore, after PR, he would be a citizen.

And no, you cant add an unborn child qs a dependent. H/she has no name, sex or birth date yet.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 4:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
please house i need you help.I apply to ECU for masters in HRM and two other course,but i wes offered a graduate certificate program which will only run for 5months.they said that my bsc is associate degree and not up to Australian equivalent.please house i need help on any TAFA provider in other for me to secure admission.i will be grateful against 2016 january.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
bossladymo1:

Thanks a million Bossladymo grin for the wealth of information. I just found out that too, that child visa 102 na real long thing. I'll do the needful when it is time.
However, that means you updated your application to include the baby just before the med test. Please what is the name of the form?

@chuckdee13, thanks for wishing me well too God bless your hustle...on to the next!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yes, ICAN gives transcript. The transcript shows all the exams you passed and when you passed them. I did mention that I submitted my degree (BSc) certificate and transcript as well.

samuelokwu:
Hi , please I am not clear. You submitted I CAN certificate and transcript to ICAA for assessment. Please which transcript 're you referring to ? Is it the university transcript? Or does ICAN give transcript too? Also you did not mention your bsc .
Does it mean as a chartered accountant you can be assessed based on ican certificate only? Pls clarify.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Okay. Please direct me on the process for obtaining ICAN transcript.
also schools usually send transcript themselves. How will you upload it or will the school do it for you?

Sorry to borther oh.

pingu2k5:
Yes, ICAN gives transcript. The transcript shows all the exams you passed and when you passed them. I did mention that I submitted my degree (BSc) certificate and transcript as well.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
@scrollmeout, chuckdee, NNB2012 et al...please how do I get acessed by EA?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
bossladymo1:
Scrollmeout congrats!

Why not just lodge the eoi now. What if there are changes in July? Lodge it now to avoid stories that touch o lol....you should be able to meet up with the last round for the year....that is if they have not sent out invites already though.
please when do they send invites, and how would one know
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
NNBB2012:

Congrats. Please lodge NOW because anything could by 1 July,2015. God forbid, if someone occupation is removed from the list by July 1, it means nothing could be done except a different occupation is nominated. Why would you allow that? I checked an occupation on CSOL list on the Saturday and the State sponsoring the occupation and by Monday, just 2 days after, the state revised their list. Guess what, the guy is no longer eligible just within 2 days.
How would you know which state sponsors which occupation?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by taiwo09: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
hi everybody, please is it possible to use a maternal uncle as sponsor to australia student visa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prost80(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hello All, long time i hae been out. please i need advice.

I had my IELTS Exam (Academic) in April . I missed but on one module by 0.5( L 8.5 R 6.5 W 7.0 S 7.0) so i have to do it again. I am considering other alternative like Pearson or OCE however i dont know if they can substitute IELTS. Are they any easier? Please anyone there that can point me in the right direction. do i go for retake for IELTS\? I am applying for visa 190. I am still expecting my reassessment outcome.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
I haven't done mine yet. but u need to go to their website n download the msa booklet,study it n all u need to know n how to apply n all is there. where ur not clear u come back to the house with questions n gurus will put u thru,just like I intend to do.
BKings:
@scrollmeout, chuckdee, NNB2012 et al...please how do I get acessed by EA?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
BKings:
How would you know which state sponsors which occupation?

Search the occupation or the ANZSCO code on www.anzcosearch.com . You will know the states sponsoring the occupation at a glance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
prost80:
Hello All, long time i hae been out. please i need advice.

I had my IELTS Exam (Academic) in April . I missed but on one module by 0.5( L 8.5 R 6.5 W 7.0 S 7.0) so i have to do it again. I am considering other alternative like Pearson or OCE however i dont know if they can substitute IELTS. Are they any easier? Please anyone there that can point me in the right direction. do i go for retake for IELTS\? I am applying for visa 190. I am still expecting my reassessment outcome.

You need to know the English requirement of your assessing body provided you have not done your assessment. For example, if they stated that you require IELTS academics only, it means you have to do that. If you only need it for migration point, then you could go for alternative like PTE-Academics which is easier to pass than IELTS. You have options of English test to do in order to gain migration points. What reassessment were you referring to? If you were referring to IELTS, you don't call for remark of Reading module. But I guess you meant your qualification/work experience assessment outcome.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=adim02 post=35107140]please house i need you help.I apply to ECU for masters in HRM and two other course,but i wes offered a graduate certificate program which will only run for 5months.they said that my bsc is associate degree and not up to Australian equivalent.please house i need help on any TAFA provider in other for me to secure admission.i will be grateful against 2016 january.[/

Kindly ensure you do a course that will lead to permanent residency if your intention is to live permanently in Australia. You must be aware that it is not all courses that are on either SOL or CSOL list. And eventhough the occupation is on CSOL list, you need to check if any state is sponsoring it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 12:45am On Jun 25, 2015
scrollmeout:

Thanks a million Bossladymo grin for the wealth of information. I just found out that too, that child visa 102 na real long thing. I'll do the needful when it is time.
However, that means you updated your application to include the baby just before the med test. Please what is the name of the form?

@chuckdee13, thanks for wishing me well too God bless your hustle...on to the next!

Once I put to bed, and got the passport sorted, I filled a Form 1022 change of circumstances form and uploaded it, then also emailed the details. I then waited 24 hrs, just for formalty, then gave them a ring. The nice Lady added my daughter in a matter of mins, and sent her HapId in an email. Had some issues with the Hapid, so i called back, and it was rectified immediately....and we all did meds together
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 12:51am On Jun 25, 2015
BKings:
please when do they send invites, and how would one know

During my time, it was sent on 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. Think it has changed now tho...and the invite is emailed to you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mudico: 5:14am On Jun 25, 2015
Hello .. Pls advice me i submitted a subclass 600 visa to Australia embassy since on 22 05 2015 and am yet to see any information till now. It is over a month now pls how long is Australia visa processing time for subclass 600 visa. shocked shocked
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by taiwo09: 5:16am On Jun 25, 2015
hi everybody, please is it possible to use a maternal uncle as sponsor for australian student visa..please house, its urgent

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2015
@NNBB2012.i saw HRM or management in CSOL so i have intention of studying that course,but am just searching for TAFA provider to start from there cos i was denial admission from ECU university which they said that my degree is not equivalent to Australian degree,that is associate degree.Please if you can recommend any TAFA school for me an advance Diploma course to start from there.house can still recommend thanks all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BKings: 7:20am On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks@chuckdee and NNB2012, will do accordingly. @Bossladymo I guess you start expecting the invites after lodging the EOI right?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2015
You apply for the transcript at ICAN's office. Check this link for the procedure: http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=27 . I received my transcript and sent to the assessing authority myself. Not all schools have to send transcript. You will have to look for a way to get yours from your school.

Please check the websites of the assessing authorities (CPA, ICAA and IPA) for current requirements and documentation.

samuelokwu:
Okay. Please direct me on the process for obtaining ICAN transcript.
also schools usually send transcript themselves. How will you upload it or will the school do it for you?

Sorry to borther oh.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2015
BKings:
Thanks@chuckdee and NNB2012, will do accordingly. @Bossladymo I guess you start expecting the invites after lodging the EOI right?

Yeap!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kokobi99: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2015
adim02:
@NNBB2012.i saw HRM or management in CSOL so i have intention of studying that course,but am just searching for TAFA provider to start from there cos i was denial admission from ECU university which they said that my degree is not equivalent to Australian degree,that is associate degree.Please if you can recommend any TAFA school for me an advance Diploma course to start from there.house can still recommend thanks all

You can try another university, but i stand on NNBB2012 advice. You could have asked them to package it to masters level ie graduate cert, graduate diploma then masters, all will just take you to maximum of two years.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kokobi99: 8:56am On Jun 25, 2015
taiwo09:
hi everybody, please is it possible to use a maternal uncle as sponsor for australian student visa..please house, its urgent

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Yes, its possible depending on the visa subclass
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kokobi99: 8:56am On Jun 25, 2015
mudico:
Hello .. Pls advice me i submitted a subclass 600 visa to Australia embassy since on 22 05 2015 and am yet to see any information till now. It is over a month now pls how long is Australia visa processing time for subclass 600 visa. shocked shocked

Why not contact their office in Pretoria
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2015
erictack203:
Hello House, I have gone tru the newly proposed SSVF by the DIBP. It's far better than SVP, however, the Students and the Institution will be classified into an Immigration risk:

I will post the simple table later once I get access to my Computer, I was able to dig into the discussion paper done by Consultants and Educational Stakeholders.

So no worries grin, I almost had a high blood pressure when it was posted on the thread yesterday. Whew!!!

ive read the link you gave me and i thought the SSVF only takes effect from after the 30th of june this month. how then is this possible?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:51am On Jun 25, 2015
bossladymo1:

Once I put to bed, and got the passport sorted, I filled a Form 1022 change of circumstances form and uploaded it, then also emailed the details. I then waited 24 hrs, just for formalty, then gave them a ring. The nice Lady added my daughter in a matter of mins, and sent her HapId in an email. Had some issues with the Hapid, so i called back, and it was rectified immediately....and we all did meds together

Thanks Bossladymo1, you're the best. I'm sure my wife is reading this as well.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2015
Naaaaah, even check the website, SSVF takes effect 30th of June 2016 and not 2015. SVP regime ends in 30 June 2016 grin.

So no worries!!!

ive read the link you gave me and i thought the SSVF only takes effect from after the 30th of june this month. how then is this possible?
[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2015
@mpop, goto page 40 of the thread and check the media release again. You will see that the Asst Minister Cash said it's ending 30 June 2016 and SSVF takes effect.

Though folks that are applying then will have upper hand since the SVP will then be extended to all International Students. Thus it then depends of the Immigration risk of the University the person will be applying to, our Country has a default assessment level 3, so if the level of risk for the Institution is classified as "low", then the person will be fine irrespective of the program applied for, but if the Institution risk is on medium or high lever, then the person will be required to provide financial/english evidence.

Please all Student in the house should note that University of West Sydney no longer requires English requirements from International Students. So happy applying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.