Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048004 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chy4sure(f): 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
Khalla:
Hello Folks!!

I really need some help! if really you know any student of UNSW please link me up with him or anybody residing in Sidney, someone I can talk to!!

thanks

smiley
Khalla:
Hello Folks!!

I really need some help! if really you know any student of UNSW please link me up with him or anybody residing in Sidney, someone I can talk to!!

thanks

please how's the UNSW I want to apply for nursing in the sch

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
SUJYDEE:
^^^^^^^^^^

@mctowel01
Completed! Yet to share my testimony in the other thread though, due to personal reasons.
Wondering what it could be... Nonetheless, congrats bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by goodguygonebad: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2017
I am applying for a PhD in a non AL1 university (Murdoch) and I really hope to come over with my family. I am making good progress with the application. My wife however is about getting a masters in Environmental biology and public health.

My question is, can we apply for PR for her while we are already in Australia? I am asking as it seems the environmental science guys are on the SOL & CSOL.

Thanks guys
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2017
goodguygonebad:
I am applying for a PhD in a non AL1 university (Murdoch) and I really hope to come over with my family. I am making good progress with the application. My wife however is about getting a masters in Environmental biology and public health.

My question is, can we apply for PR for her while we are already in Australia? I am asking as it seems the environmental science guys are on the SOL & CSOL.

Thanks guys

Yes of course. You can commence with your PR stuffs while you guys are there.

In fact I know some people that got PR even before they completed their studies.

Go for it immediately.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sammywemmy: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2017
santity100:

Yes of course.

Good day Santity, thanks for the updates so far. I am interested in the trades section, especially autos. Does it require me to go to a tafe skl? Can I run it on d side while looking for jobs to earn a living? What r d prospects? Enquired from a friend residing in Australia who advised me to study medicine or nursing, cos it pays well. Ur take? I have a PR already
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 10:06am On Mar 20, 2017
sammywemmy:

Good day Santity, thanks for the updates so far. I am interested in the trades section, especially autos. Does it require me to go to a tafe skl? Can I run it on d side while looking for jobs to earn a living? What r d prospects? Enquired from a friend residing in Australia who advised me to study medicine or nursing, cos it pays well. Ur take? I have a PR already

Good day.

As in autos, do you mean mechanical or related ?

Surely Nursing and Medicine offer lots of pay with other benefits.

Both options of trades Job and health are very good but it now depends on your passion again. I advise people to go for what gives them joy and money.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by goodguygonebad: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2017
Thanks bro. My wife say she don taya to read. So if we move for my PhD, we go just start her PR application straight up. Unfortunately, me no qualify laidat for PR. I am going for a PhD in physics(only medical physics is on CSOL)

Buh, ...no be physics department my program dey. It's in engineering faculty. What are my odds?

santity100:

Yes of course. You can commence with your PR stuffs while you guys are there.

In fact I know some people that got PR even before they completed their studies.

Go for it immediately.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sammywemmy: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
santity100:

Good day.

As in autos, do you mean mechanical or related ?

Surely Nursing and Medicine offer lots of pay with other benefits.

Both options of trades Job and health are very good but it now depends on your passion again. I advise people to go for what gives them joy and money.
Yes, mechanical.lots of things give me joy. Even animation. But taking care of family key for me. It is d time frame for dese trainings I seek ur input, so I can mentally prepare. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
goodguygonebad:
Thanks bro. My wife say she don taya to read. So if we move for my PhD, we go just start her PR application straight up. Unfortunately, me no qualify laidat for PR. I am going for a PhD in physics(only medical physics is on CSOL)

Buh, ...no be physics department my program dey. It's in engineering faculty. What are my odds?

Yep. Make she apply then, at least before you finish PhD, you guys would have become pr
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
My question is still yet to be answered... stated here that AL1 schools don't need account statement...However, on DIBP's website it states otherwise....am i the only one seeing this on their website or you all decided to ignore this information (The assessment level depends on the passport you hold)...
Are these schools the ones issuing visas or DIBP?
Who's lying here? AL1 schools or DIBP.. The questions might seem ludicrous but it bothers me

I have been seeing contradicting posts too often...
Oga Santity or any shrewd fellow should please shed some light on this issue... God bless everyone
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amii131(f): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Why are people here not using Tafe colleges admission for the visa route
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
@ StarBJ
It is either you haven't carefully digested the information being supplied to you on this thread in the past three days or you are just getting yourself unnecessarily confused. Santity100 has asked you to go to the student visa page and fill the form (Document checklist) see link below

Nobody is lying. DIBP didnt state otherwise. It's only a complementary information. It's country of passport plus other factors including whether you're registered with an AL1 school or not. How can schools be the ones to issue visas?

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

All the best

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Johnsilva(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
Thank you Solitin40 for your response. Please how much do i need for the PR route and how do i go get it started. Will really appreciate your assistance. Thank you
Solitin40:

Go for Permanent resident
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
Thank you Mr Wamiri, just needed to be cleared on some things...
So the school you choose determines the Assessment level you are processed on ...Not the passport you hold... Nobody is seeing kissing and telling here... DIBP placed naija on AL3 on their website...
Which is the main AL?....1 or 3....
Both facts are shown on their webpage....Which one should we follow...This is why it's confusing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
StarBj:
DIBP placed naija on AL3 on their website...
Which is the main AL?....1 or 3....
Both facts are shown on their webpage....Which one should we follow...This is why it's confusing

Oh well, there's loads of testimonies on this thread of Nigerian passport + AL1 school + No SOA + .. = Visa grant.

What you are to follow is the form that has been suggested to you. Have you filled it?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
Thank you jare Mr Wamiri....you now understand me.... everybody go testify.. What will be your advice?..To prepare for the account issue in case they ask?....God bless you gidigan
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
Johnsilva:
Thank you Solitin40 for your response. Please how much do i need for the PR route and how do i go get it started. Will really appreciate your assistance. Thank you
From #1.5 to #3m

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

^^^That's the link to the PR thread
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
StarBj:
My question is still yet to be answered... stated here that AL1 schools don't need account statement...However, on DIBP's website it states otherwise....am i the only one seeing this on their website or you all decided to ignore this information (The assessment level depends on the passport you hold)...
Are these schools the ones issuing visas or DIBP?
Who's lying here? AL1 schools or DIBP.. The questions might seem ludicrous but it bothers me

I have been seeing contradicting posts too often...
Oga Santity or any shrewd fellow should please shed some light on this issue... God bless everyone
Nigeria is AL3
Schools under AL1 means streamlined i.e less evidence. ...just follow the picture you understand better

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for the Intel @Solitin. The whole process seems simple and complicated but now I understand with the picture you provided...
I wish everyone success
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
santity100:

They can sponsor you with their company details in Australia or New Zealand.

But firstly you need to select an occupation that is related to your education and experience and gotten a positive skill assessment.

That's your best shot.

You the man bro! Thanks much... my age already have given me 30 points.. apart from working in a radio station during my nysc which was last year.. i dont have any work experience as to that regards.. (the works ive done i dont have a pay slip) to prove them. Graduated 2014
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 12:37am On Mar 21, 2017
santity100:

They can sponsor you with their company details in Australia or New Zealand.

But firstly you need to select an occupation that is related to your education and experience and gotten a positive skill assessment.

That's your best shot.

*My age already gave me 30 points

*Qualification (theatre arts) will probably find a course closely related to it in SOL or Csol - 10 points

*Nomination by an by state or territory government or by an eligible family member (in this case my uncles Australian wife) dont know if it counts ... (or maybe they'd get a company to invite me) - 10 points

*Possible 10 marks from ilts

what do you think pls??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mannimakerjnr: 6:09am On Mar 21, 2017
hello guys, which course is related to petroleum engineering on the SOL List?

Any advice, please? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 6:49am On Mar 21, 2017
mannimakerjnr:

Type Australia sol list on Google and take a look at the occupations.

Hope you have also gone through the other requirements and procedures both on this forum and on their website.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2017
smoothvee:

*My age already gave me 30 points

*Qualification (theatre arts) will probably find a course closely related to it in SOL or Csol - 10 points

*Nomination by an by state or territory government or by an eligible family member (in this case my uncles Australian wife) dont know if it counts ... (or maybe they'd get a company to invite me) - 10 points

*Possible 10 marks from ilts

what do you think pls??

Find the occupation related and check the requirements of the assessing authority.

Most qualifications from Nigeria are classified as associate degree, if a bachelor's degree is required in your selected occupation, it might be a bottleneck of your ba theatre art is classified as associate degree during assessment.

You can go through this forum, assessing authority and border.gov website for comprehensive information.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 7:18am On Mar 21, 2017
mannimakerjnr:

Engineering technologist is the closest bet
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stechi(m): 8:24am On Mar 21, 2017
My wife has an OND in Midwifery and I plan she moves to Australia to study related discipline- NURSING (B.Sc) and also stay and work over there in Australia While I and the kids (3) would join her much later., is it possible?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Please how long does it take to make admission decision after application. They referred me to PFL and requested for reference letter which I got and I haven't heard anything.
It takes only few weeks. You need tobapply through pfl though, if you lkn at rmit.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2017
stechi:
My wife has an OND in Midwifery and I plan she moves to Australia to study related discipline- NURSING (B.Sc) and also stay and work over there in Australia While I and the kids (3) would join her much later., is it possible?

Workable.

With her background, it will make it easier for admission and visa.

On completion of her studies, she can apply for PR.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by togetherness: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
@ oga sanity & co
Admission now becoming difficult.
Masters is a no go area because of the crazy fee.

Tafe now asking for Comprehensive GTE and some won't even give like I experienced with waifs.

VET they say is for beginner or are their ways around it for graduate ?

Which other or beta way can Admission be granted and visa application an easy one.

Ive been searching for schools now for over 3months. Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
Maybe you should nominate an agent.

togetherness:
@ oga sanity & co

Tafe now asking for Comprehensive GTE and some won't even give like I experienced with waifs.

Which other or beta way can Admission be granted and visa application an easy one.

Ive been searching for schools now for over 3months. Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by togetherness: 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
mjlbabajide:
Maybe you should nominate an agent.

@least na advice u advice me. Thanks for the advice.
The forum is actually do it yourself so your advice is not welcome
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
togetherness:
@ oga sanity & co

What's your budget for tuition ?

How much deposit can you afford to pay ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.