Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052860 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 5:41am On Mar 18, 2017
Titobabe:
@santity100 @westAfrican

Please what about Masters in Health science.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL
Check if it's on the list if not find something related to it.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 6:18am On Mar 18, 2017
WestAfrican:

Did you include your polio and Yellow Fever ? If not do well to send it to them.

There is a form 1023 : notification to correct information. Download it, fill it, sign it and submit to them .
thanks very much, yes I did submit my yellow fever. Would download it now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 6:54am On Mar 18, 2017
WestAfrican:

Did you include your polio and Yellow Fever ? If not do well to send it to them.

There is a form 1023 : notification to correct information. Download it, fill it, sign it and submit to them .

... thanks, but in dat question, I wrote his name, address and also indicated he is my brother, but in d box I didn't tick anytin. . (Which goes, is he a citizen or a pr holder) I didn't tick any. Should I still fill form 1023? Tnks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chibuike123(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
mjlbabajide:

Who asked to provide your SOA? And at what point where you asked?

I've not been asked yet, just wanted to be clear on sponsors bank statement issue
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 9:24am On Mar 18, 2017
WestAfrican:

Apply to a uni that offer certificate III with pathway to degree i.e certificate III in carpentry to bachelor in construction. You get two ecoe from your school and immigration will assess you under level 1.

In addition, be ready to write a very good sop to scale GTE (genuine temporary entrant) as the school will also require this before you are accepted.

Previously it could have been easier for you as the schools will readily give you admission and it is now to go face the embassy for visa but now even schools are checking to confirm your intentions before they accept you.

I always advise students check the sponsors documents you will need critically before you step into the water.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2017
ugomnaanny:

... thanks, but in dat question, I wrote his name, address and also indicated he is my brother, but in d box I didn't tick anytin. . (Which goes, is he a citizen or a pr holder) I didn't tick any. Should I still fill form 1023? Tnks
Personally I won't be bothered. So don't stress as long as you entered his details.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2017
If you are applying to an AL1 sch, you shouldnt have such issues.

chibuike123:

I've not been asked yet, just wanted to be clear on sponsors bank statement issue
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
omoluabiguy:
Please who is in RMIT or applying to RMIT?
Am at rmit. Any questions.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
WestAfrican:

Personally I won't be bothered. So don't stress as long as you entered his details.
thanks alot, my brother too said d same, dat since I put his details I shouldn't bother.. thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omoluabiguy: 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
amilak:

Am at rmit. Any questions.

Please how long does it take to make admission decision after application. They referred me to PFL and requested for reference letter which I got and I haven't heard anything.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
@Santity...

I checked DIBP as adviced but I saw some contrasting things.. Assessment level is based on the passport you hold... It's now more confusing.... Please explain. God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
paybak:
Thanks for the response. but can you elaborate on this please. how do one get this PR?
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
StarBj:
@Santity...

I checked DIBP as adviced but I saw some contrasting things.. Assessment level is based on the passport you hold... It's now more confusing.... Please explain. God bless

Which school accepted you ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
Thank you @Santity

No offer yet, but I'm positive.
I need your mail add.....God bless you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
StarBj:
Thank you @Santity

No offer yet, but I'm positive.
I need your mail add.....God bless you

Sorry chief. All information already available here.

If you have more questions, ask so that everyone can learn and know more.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
Thank you Santity,

So the idea is to enrol in AL1 institutions.

On DIBP website it states AL is based on
passport, can anyone explain... My question may seem ludicrous, I need help... success to applicants

Sorry chief. All information already available here.

If you have more questions, ask so that everyone can learn and know more.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2017
Hi guys, i appreciate everyones response to my previous question. thanks so much. please no too say my wahala too much biko. what i want to ask right now aint about student stuff buh please someone should help me.

i talk to an agent who promised to get me a 4 year live and work visa to australia, and when i do some research about that kinda visa i realised its type visa is called visa 457 or so.

the issue now is all about the trust and i dont know anything about this visa even though am set with everything he will be needing to get me the visa. i read few stuffs about the visa and i discovered its an employer visa recruiting me directly from australia and all sort.

please if you guys know of a trusted way to port over please kindly refer me and if you know anyone with visa 457 in australia, kindly tell me how life is with that person and everything you think i need to aid my fast porting. thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by titobaba91(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
please house I will like to know if australia college of technology and business pty Ltd diploma programmes are viable and legit. am at the point of enrolling but am having second thought so I was directed to come here and ask
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2017
paybak:

the issue now is all about the trust and i dont know anything about this visa even though am set with everything he will be needing to get me the visa. i read few stuffs about the visa and i discovered its an employer visa recruiting me directly from australia and all sort.

please if you guys know of a trusted way to port over please kindly refer me and if you know anyone with visa 457 in australia, kindly tell me how life is with that person and everything you think i need to aid my fast porting. thanks

First of all, erase the issue of fast porting as it would only make you do stuffs out of desperation and take wrong steps including the likelihood of being duped by an agent or messing your immigration profile with DIBP.

What's the name of the employer the agent plans to get you employed with and for what position? With what qualification or skill? If the agent can't give you a straight forward answer, forget it.

The best way to port is to be patient, observe the processes involved (which is available on this thread - pages 0-2 particularly) if you have the skills needed in Aussie and apply for PR.

All the best.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2017
titobaba91:
please house I will like to know if australia college of technology and business pty Ltd diploma programmes are viable and legit. am at the point of enrolling but am having second thought so I was directed to come here and ask
If the school is not listed here, forget it.
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

CRICOS Provider Code:
03164M
Institution Trading Name:
Australian College of Technology and Business Pty Ltd
Institution Name:
Institution Type:
Private
Total capacity across all provider's locations:
www.actb.com.au

Institution Postal Address:
PO Box 1133
KENMORE
Queensland 4069
To display all courses at a particular location, please click on the location in the list below.
Location Name State Number of Courses
100 Brunswick Street - Fortitude Valley QLD

Principal Executive Officer:

Name:
Sangeeta Mahajan
Title:
Chief Executive Officer
Phone Number:
Facsimile Number:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by titobaba91(m): 12:47am On Mar 19, 2017
WestAfrican:

If the school is not listed here, forget it.
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

CRICOS Provider Code:
03164M
Institution Trading Name:
Institution Name:
Institution Type:
Private
Total capacity across all provider's locations:
www.actb.com.au

Institution Postal Address:
PO Box 1133
KENMORE
Queensland 4069
To display all courses at a particular location, please click on the location in the list below.
Location Name State Number of Courses
100 Brunswick Street - Fortitude Valley QLD

Principal Executive Officer:

Name:
Sangeeta Mahajan
Title:
Chief Executive Officer
Phone Number:
Facsimile Number:
Thank you very much, I found the school. If anyone can help with more info; I won't mind.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Abbey1987: 8:24am On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=JewelStone post=53973561]Hi guys, it's been such a long time I dropped by..
thanks for your write up.. is it possible to enter through master and then changed to BSc I'm nursing?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 8:28am On Mar 19, 2017
I hava an in-law who is an australian and Newzealandian citizen, my uncle married her 17 yrs ago.. they stayed a while in australia before coming back to Nigeria..they stay here in the same Ajah, lagos with me now buh in their own place. With 4 children.. all born in australia... i have been thinking of reaching out to the my Australian inlaw so i know how she can help my case with PR in any form...do you think their is anything ahe can do for me as a citizen?

her dad owns a house in australia nd newzealand respectively. I wana be clear nd tell her what i want with enough backed up info.

P.s we are kinda close cos she good people. Eppme oo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SUJYDEE(m): 8:55am On Mar 19, 2017
@santity100 and @WestAfrica

Your post on trade works........

I will be moving to Australia very soon as a Fitter - Mechanical Fitter / Fitter Operator. I have HND in Mechanical Engineering and got assessed as Fitter General.

I want to inquire, if I want to be practicing Carpentry and Painting, do I need to get licensed or I can just be cutting jobs as I don't have certificate for these professions but I have the knowledge.

Secondly my spouse is into Fashion Designing (Dressmaker / Tailoring), she did One Year Certificate programme at one Fashion Designer outlet here in Nigeria and she has been practicing for over 4 years post Certificate Course and like 10 years in all. My question is, will they equate the local certificate programme to Certificate III as the outlet has no transcripts, syllabus or modules and so on. Though we submitted all available evidences to DIBP.

Lastly, is it legal to be doing her sewing at home as she intend buying a sewing machine for cutting jobs at home o. Hope that won't be an issue.

Thanks!

Modified: What brands of car is advisable to go for. I have been looking out for a car with low mileage and good fuel economy on autotrader. Can I get a better one for AUD1200 - 1500 and what is the cost of rego. State is NSW.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=Abbey1987 post=54730718][/quote]

Not possible again.

You can't drop to a lower level but you can jump to phd from your msc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
smoothvee:
I hava an in-law who is an australian and Newzealandian citizen, my uncle married her 17 yrs ago.. they stayed a while in australia before coming back to Nigeria..they stay here in the same Ajah, lagos with me now buh in their own place. With 4 children.. all born in australia... i have been thinking of reaching out to the my Australian inlaw so i know how she can help my case with PR in any form...do you think their is anything ahe can do for me as a citizen?

her dad owns a house in australia nd newzealand respectively. I wana be clear nd tell her what i want with enough backed up info.

P.s we are kinda close cos she good people. Eppme oo

What stage are you on your pr ?

Have you gotten a positive skill assessment ?

What's your proposed occupation ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
paybak:
Hi guys, i appreciate everyones response to my previous question. thanks so much. please no too say my wahala too much biko. what i want to ask right now aint about student stuff buh please someone should help me.

i talk to an agent who promised to get me a 4 year live and work visa to australia, and when i do some research about that kinda visa i realised its type visa is called visa 457 or so.

First, what are your qualifications, experience, age... etc?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
SUJYDEE:
been looking out for a car with low mileage and good fuel economy on autotrader. Can I get a better one for AUD1200 - 1500 and what is the cost of rego. State is NSW.
Hello bro, what stage of your PR application are you currently in?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
santity100:

What stage are you on your pr ?

Have you gotten a positive skill assessment ?

What's your proposed occupation ?

I haven't started processing..

Im a B.A holder in Theatre arts

I was thinking her having strong ties with australia she might be able to pull off something. What do you think?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by santity100: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
smoothvee:

I haven't started processing..

Im a B.A holder in Theatre arts

I was thinking her having strong ties with australia she might be able to pull off something. What do you think?

They can sponsor you with their company details in Australia or New Zealand.

But firstly you need to select an occupation that is related to your education and experience and gotten a positive skill assessment.

That's your best shot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
SUJYDEE:
@santity100 and @WestAfrica

Your post on trade works........

I will be moving to Australia very soon as a Fitter - Mechanical Fitter / Fitter Operator. I have HND in Mechanical Engineering and got assessed as Fitter General.

I want to inquire, if I want to be practicing Carpentry and Painting, do I need to get licensed or I can just be cutting jobs as I don't have certificate for these professions but I have the knowledge.
If you have good carpentry or painting skills you can register yourself with an agency or agencies so they can find you some casual jobs. You do not need a license but may need a white card to work on any construction site. License is required when you intend to start up your own business.

Secondly my spouse is into Fashion Designing (Dressmaker / Tailoring), she did One Year Certificate programme at one Fashion Designer outlet here in Nigeria and she has been practicing for over 4 years post Certificate Course and like 10 years in all. My question is, will they equate the local certificate programme to Certificate III as the outlet has no transcripts, syllabus or modules and so on. Though we submitted all available evidences to DIBP.
Honestly speaking I have smattering knowledge about fashion industry here. But I believe she will be able to find a job with some little firm here if she knows what she's doing. Or she may be able to gradually gather some African clients to sew for.

Lastly, is it legal to be doing her sewing at home as she intend buying a sewing machine for cutting jobs at home o. Hope that won't be an issue.
It isn't, but if she starts making plenty of money she may want to get an ABN (get her company registered)thou she has to start declaring her earnings but then it will help her in the future interns of getting loan from the banks.

Thanks!

Modified: What brands of car is advisable to go for. I have been looking out for a car with low mileage and good fuel economy on autotrader. Can I get a better one for AUD1200 - 1500 and what is the cost of rego. State is NSW.

Toyota, Subaru, infact all Japanese cars. With your budget of $1200-$1500 you will be looking at year 1999-2001 with high mileage. Now speaking of mileage, most cars here have high mileage due to distance to places so do not worry much about mileage if the previous own service their car regularly. I will advice you budget $4000-$5000 for car in that way you won't have to worry much about it breaking down fast.
Rego cost depends on car weight, year and stamp duty depends on the cost of purchase.
#pennywishpoundsfoolish

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SUJYDEE(m): 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^
@WestAfrica
Thanks, I really appreciate! The car for now is just for me to hit the ground running, when I finally settle down. ....I go upgrade.

@mctowel01
Completed! Yet to share my testimony in the other thread though, due to personal reasons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78