Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046579 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2015
House pls this tym someone should give a reply to my question, I got admission for a school in Brisbane suppose to resume Oct but I'm thinking I ll defer till February so as to earn some more upkeep from my work here. My questions
1. My parents are part of my sponsors and live in Lagos while me in abuja, thinking of going to meet them so as to arrange all the docs I will need from them myself. Can I after getting d documents submit my visa in Lagos and do all d rest in Abuja.
2. [color=#770077][/color]since I'm thinking of February 2016 will it not be too early to submit for visa in the first week of July 2015.
Sorry for a long epistle, thought my other post was not detailed is y I didn't get a response. Thanks .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2015
Do all your Visa application in one place, if Lagos all should be Lagos and if Abj all should be in Abj. Is your program under SVP? Also if you can submit your Visa application at anytime, the Embassy may hold it till it's 3months to your program or put a clause regarding not able to travel until 3months (date) on your Visa status comments.

mohemola:
House pls this tym someone should give a reply to my question, I got admission for a school in Brisbane suppose to resume Oct but I'm thinking I ll defer till February so as to earn some more upkeep from my work here. My questions
1. My parents are part of my sponsors and live in Lagos while me in abuja, thinking of going to meet them so as to arrange all the docs I will need from them myself. Can I after getting d documents submit my visa in Lagos and do all d rest in Abuja.
2. [color=#770077][/color]since I'm thinking of February 2016 will it not be too early to submit for visa in the first week of July 2015.
Sorry for a long epistle, thought my other post was not detailed is y I didn't get a response. Thanks .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=erictack203 post=35771331]Do all your Visa application in one place, if Lagos all should be Lagos and if Abj all should be in Abj. Is your program under SVP? Also if you can submit your Visa application at anytime, the Embassy may hold it till it's 3months to your program or put a clause regarding not able to travel until 3months (date) on your Visa status comments

Thanks for the reply its under SVP, meaning I ll have to get d documents and bring them back to Abuja then submit like November or Oct.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
I hope prospective students know that just getting a student visa does not lead to PR. It has to be a course on the critical skills list.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
bossladymo1:
I hope prospective students know that just getting a student visa does not lead to PR. It has to be a course on the critical skills list.

Hi bosslady Ig
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by databasecareers: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
erictack203:
7th July? You nor quick ooo lol.

Give them till 20th July which is Monday, if they don't respond then you will have to defer. They have a lot of work on their hands. July is General School resumption period.

Kip your fingers crossed.

Ok thanks much

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
bossladymo1:
scrollmeout:
Hello people,

Student visa processing is not as straightforward as PR processing which I'm much more used to. I intend to help my younger sister secure admission in an Australian university, preferably in NSW in a course with some promise. She is 28 and single with almost 3 years experience as a Customer Service Officer and a first degree in Biology. Please Is it possible to sponsor her for PR later on, when I may have settled successfully? Can an Australian employer obtain a long stay visa? Do you think it's a workable plan?
I've read some posts about TAFE and SVP but I do not understand how they work. Thanks

The exact reason for my earlier post. Bossladymo1. Can u elucidate on its viability please?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
bossladymo1:

yes bosslady, thats true
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
bossladymo1
pls if someone does a masters n the duration is 18months can the person be eligible for PR applications in anyway?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
@Mahemola, you don't have to wait till Oct or November, you can submit, it's better so that you can have a rest of mind with your application knowing you are just waiting for the Embassy.

Na thesame rope hold me and you, my program starts 8th Feb 2016 and I have gotten my CoE since April, I am tired of waiting so I have decided to cross the hurdle and apply, lemme be free and wait for their response. Don't forget to frontload your medicals.

[quote author=mohemola post=35771585][/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
samuelokwu:
Bros you are not alone . I am a non svp applicant as well . I applied on 11th June . My TAFE course starts on 20 July. Induction in on 14th. Sent a mail to the case officer and they replied that they received my application on 15TH June and that it was still under assessment and that assessment level 3 takes 2months . However, I replied and asked them if I should defer the resumption considering the closeness of the resumption. I a still waiting for a response from them..

I have not even been asked to go for medicals. Have you?

Tell your story.

Mahn have your case officer contacted you?..
Cos I am surprised you said u contacted the CO ... Anyways I submitted my application on June 24th my school resumes on the 21 of September ... I frontloaded my medicals ... U should have done that... It's better you defer your admission because you won't be meeting up with your status... Non Svp take max of 3months to process
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is reassuring. Thanks.
izykvision0:

Immigration is not for everybody that is what people must come to terms with in Nigeria and in the world. Someone in Australia or in Nigeria can't advice you on that. Some pple get professional jobs within a month, 2months, 6months and some never get. Some pple can live abroad for 5years and still feel like they left Nigeria last week, while some will be frustrated and depressed barely 3months on landing.
You need to ask yourself what you want in life and do you achieve them in the most favourable way to You and only You?
NO ONE ON ANY FORUM IN THE WORLD WILL DECIDE YOUR PATH. They all post personal experiences nd personal indeed they are.
Indians for instance set the pace for their own depression, when they leave India and intend living in an Indian community in Oz, house share by Indians, live beside Indian stores and temples, infact an Indian extension. This is perceived as an act of sociological security by them, when in actual fact they have just caged themselves in its evasive illusion. some Nigerians tread this path.
YOU MUST ACCEPT AND EMBRACE THE CULTURE OF WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO INORDER TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE, IF NOT ONE IS BETTER OF IN HIS/HER HOME COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yea. I intend to defer so I can apply for PR cos I am very qualified for that. I found out after applying for a vocational student visa. I didn't go for medicals cos it could be an indication of the decision of the immigration . If my application is assessed and I am asked to go for medicals , my agent says it means I will be given.
well, I am waiting to hear from them as I have sent an email requesting if I should defer. I hope to hear from them this week.
You still have time . They told me assessment level 3 takes 2months so you are fine.

Bryanpro:
Mahn have your case officer contacted you?..
Cos I am surprised you said u contacted the CO ... Anyways I submitted my application on June 24th my school resumes on the 21 of September ... I frontloaded my medicals ... U should have done that... It's better you defer your admission because you won't be meeting up with your status... Non Svp take max of 3months to process
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
scrollmeout:

The exact reason for my earlier post. Bossladymo1. Can u elucidate on its viability please?

Yes, you can sponsor her under the 489 FS, but her occupation will need to be on the CSOL.

The possibility of she getting an employer sponsor her is low. 457 visas dont come easy.

Why can't she just apply for PR straight up? SA sponsors customer service I think.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
chuckdee13:
bossladymo1
pls if someone does a masters n the duration is 18months can the person be eligible for PR applications in anyway?

You have to study a minimum of 2 yrs.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
samuelokwu:

Yea. I intend to defer so I can apply for PR cos I am very qualified for that. I found out after applying for a vocational student visa. I didn't go for medicals cos it could be an indication of the decision of the immigration . If my application is assessed and I am asked to go for medicals , my agent says it means I will be given.
well, I am waiting to hear from them as I have sent an email requesting if I should defer. I hope to hear from them this week.
You still have time . They told me assessment level 3 takes 2months so you are fine.

Okay bro... it's well by his grace..
We all shall be granted IJN. ..Amen
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 1:08am On Jul 13, 2015
bossladymo1:

Even with that, there is no guarantee that the person will be eligible. You must earn the required points.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:14am On Jul 13, 2015
ok that means once it's not up to 2yrs u have no chance whatsoever....I just wanted to be clear on this. thx a lot.
bossladymo1:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2015
ok it must be up to 2yrs n get the required points n once this is satisfied ur eligible right?
NNBB2012:

Even with that, there is no guarantee that the person will be eligible. You must earn the required points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2015
SA Sponsors CS, they just opened it afresh this July. It was indicating "Red" all the while and they updated it to "green". We also intend to apply for my wife. A lot of new Occupations currently opened in SA list.

bossladymo1:

Yes, you can sponsor her under the 489 FS, but her occupation will need to be on the CSOL.

The possibility of she getting an employer sponsor her is low. 457 visas dont come easy.

Why can't she just apply for PR straight up? SA sponsors customer service I think.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2015
bossladymo1:

erictack203:
SA Sponsors CS, they just opened it afresh this July. It was indicating "Red" all the while and they updated it to "green". We also intend to apply for my wife. A lot of new Occupations currently opened in SA list.

Thanks Bossladymo1, ericktack. i even found out that CS is not eligible for Labour Market testing required for 457.
Ericktack, what i see on SA CSOL is CS Manager 149212 and Call or Contact [b]Manager [/b]149211. Also does a degree in Biology (a different field) not matter?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TimeplusChance: 9:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Good day Team,

Please am new on this thread. I intend to apply for an Msc degree in Australia. Please can someone just help list out the stages of the process, estimated time and the PR process in Australia. Also ow is it compred to that of canada because I can see many people rush to canada.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2015
scrollmeout:

Thanks Bossladymo1, ericktack. i even found out that CS is not eligible for Labour Market testing required for 457.
Ericktack, what i see on SA CSOL is CS Manager 149212 and Call or Contact [b]Manager [/b]149211. Also does a degree in Biology (a different field) not matter?

As per VETASSESS requirements, if she does not have a relevant degree, I think she needs about 3yrs experience. The position title does not matter, as long as the job description fita at least 80%.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ashioba: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pls house, I learnt all AL including Svp should have a financial strength of 40,000$ (currently) . Confirmation pls.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pls wat is the best and cheapest way to send money to austrlia..tank u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
ashioba:
Pls house, I learnt all AL including Svp should have a financial strength of 40,000$ (currently) . Confirmation pls.
Where did you learn it from

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by databasecareers: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
ashioba:

where did u get the information from?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
House pls has anyone apply to equals international adelaide.thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ashioba: 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Review of the student visa programme Page ContentFuture directions for streamlined visa processingOn 16 June 2015 the Australian Government released the Future directions for streamlined visa processing (2MB PDF).Source:The official homepage of OZ Immigration, under "studying in Australia"
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
@scrollmeout,

I really dont know much about PR, bosslady, ferdimako, mrlinobraown, bellong will be able to through more light on this. I am more good in student area.

scrollmeout:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
So why is it called SVP? undecided, you have to settle down and read it again. We done read am pass, discuss am here and have settled it here. start from the earlier thread of this forum, lets say from 40sometin. wink

ashioba:
Review of the student visa programme Page ContentFuture directions for streamlined visa processingOn 16 June 2015 the Australian Government released the Future directions for streamlined visa processing (2MB PDF).Source:The official homepage of OZ Immigration, under "studying in Australia"

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.