Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? (7136 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by ow11(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

hippo or elephant , you are kidding right ,  Yea right,  grin

ob 40:15  Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Job 40:16  Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
Job 40:17  He moveth[b] his tail like a cedar[/b]: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
Job 40:18  His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
Job 40:19  He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
Job 40:20  Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
Job 40:21  He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
Job 40:22  The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
Job 40:23  Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
Job 40:24  He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

My point is that it is debatable,  see Amplified Bible: Or would you give me a criteria to discredit certain versions of the Bible?

14[If you can do all this, Job, proving yourself of divine might] then will I [God] praise you also [and acknowledge that] your own right hand can save you.

15Behold now the behemoth (the hippopotamus), which I created as I did you; he eats grass like an ox.

16See now, his strength is in his loins, and his power is in the sinews of his belly.

17He moves his tail like a cedar tree; the tendons of his thighs are twisted together [like a rope].

18His bones are like tubes of bronze; his limbs [or ribs] are like bars of iron.

19[The hippopotamus] is the first [in magnitude and power] of the works of God [in animal life]; [only] He Who made him provides him with his [swordlike tusks, or only God Who made him can bring near His sword to master him].

[url]http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=job%2040&version=45[/url]
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by No2Atheism(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2009

would you give me a criteria to discredit certain versions of the Bible?

, YES I would, because:

1. The job of interpretation is that of the Holy Spirit not those who translated the bible.

2. Hence ANY, I repeat, ANY bible translation that include their own interpretations or footnotes or meanings into the bible passage being read are simplying doing what is known as "brainwashing", simply because they are trying to tell you what the bible, hence trying to do the job of the Holy Spirit (something not permitted by the Bible itself, )

3. Those "so called translations" have been known to either completely remove or reduce or suppress entire verses of the bible that do not agree with current world view, (e.g. catholic translation which removed the thou shall not worship graven image part, ),

4. Hence you need to try to read a Bible translation that does not have "any footnote" , hence that does not try to tell you what the bible is saying, simply because trying to do that is not their job, and they know it,

5. It is such flawed translations that give the false ideas that you now obviously have as per the Behemoth, Hippo has no Cedar like tail, Elephant has no Cedar like tail, hence its either the Bible is lying by saying the animal in question has a Cedar like tail or its the particular bible translations that are lying by trying to imply that the Bible is talking about an elephant or an Hippo, its obvious to see who's lying (The Word of God does not need any human help, end of story, ) , any way sha, still the choice is yours, make your own decision about what you would believe, we are all going to stand before the judgement throne as individuals and not as translation biased groups,

Thank you, God Almighty loves you

Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by No2Atheism(m): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2009

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Hence it is irrelevant whether or not a group of Bishops or Pastors or Deacons or lawyer or engineer or whoever were the ones who added to the bible, their own so called "translated" or "additions" or "interpretations" in either an amplified bible or de-amplified bible.

The important thing is that it is NOT ALLOWED, for obvious reasons such as the one of Behemoth versus Hippo versus Elephant,

THE BIBLE MEANS EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS, WE DO NOT NEED TO RE-INTERPRETE IT TO KNOW WHAT IT MEANS,

Thank you,

Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by ow11(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2009
So In essence, you are telling me the Amplified Bible is a fake and should be ignored by all and sundry. I will burn my copy!As you are 100% certain the KJV has no mistranslations, right? OR maybe we should learn greek and hebrew like the muslms and read the holy book in the original language.

You are interpreting the Behemoth to mean dinosaur and that is adding as the bible did not explicitly say dinosaur. We all try to understand the scriptures and an interpretation when still under debate cannot be used as fact in an argument.

You are convinced the behemoth is the hebrew/aramaic name for dinosaur based in your own understanding and have condemned the translators of the Amplified Bible, NLT,NASB and other translators to hell because they also tried to do the same thing you are doing with a different result.

I am just amazed how people are so convinced they are right and use it as an affront and prove evolution wrong. If evolution is wrong, use scientific principles to challenge it and leave the bible out. Trying to define the bible to arrive a pre-conceived disposition is what you accuse others of doing but doing same just like Mr Dawkins is fighting religion the same way and using the same tactics he is accusing religion of doing.
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by No2Atheism(m): 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2009
You are convinced the behemoth is the hebrew/aramaic name for dinosaur based in your own understanding and have condemned the translators of the Amplified Bible, NLT,NASB and other translators to hell because they also tried to do the same thing you are doing with a different result.

Please point out from my statement where i have condemned anyone to hell, please don't attribute to me what i have not said, thank you.

I am just amazed how people are so convinced they are right and use it as an affront and prove evolution wrong. If evolution is wrong, use scientific principles to challenge it and leave the bible out. Trying to define the bible to arrive a pre-conceived disposition is what you accuse others of doing but doing same just like Mr Dawkins is fighting religion the same way and using the same tactics he is accusing religion of doing.

Fortunately, we cannot leave the bible out of the discussion  for two reasons,

1. Evolution (in all its forms) claims to deals with Origin of life as we know it, hence it directly or indirectly sets itself up against the Bible simply because the Bible tells us why we are here, how we came to be here and how life began, so whether you or anyone else for that matter claims to like it or not ,  The Bible is here to stay, in the discussion,

2. Evolution is not science, infact science has been disproving all the theories of evolution one after another .e.g. Bacterium Flagellum, irreducible complexity, proteins, spontenous generation to mention just a few have started to make evolution look more and more like a fairy tale for Adults,

3. Science does not claim to deal with origin of life, science tries to explain how things work not why and how it started in the beginning, evolution is the one trying to do that.

4. Finally Evolution influences the world view of those who belief in it, hence invariably dettermines how they see life and how they make decisions in life,
e.g. Bible says though shall not kill, hence a Bible believing person knows that Abortion is murder,
       Bible person knows why we have morals and the issue of right and wrong in the world, however Evolution does not have any frame of reference to determine right or wrong or morals for that matter, hence evolution invariably supports an immoral view to life, since their absolutely no basis for having morals in the evolutionary world view,

I rest my case thank you,

Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by No2Atheism(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2009
Okay let me make something clear,

1. Do I know 100% that the Behemoth is that Dinosaur in the diagram,

Answer: No
Why: Because the bible did not call the animal a dinosaur, (considering that a dinosaur is a recent word, )

2. Do I know 100% that the Behemoth is not an Elephant and also is not an Hippo

Answer: Yes
Why: Because the bible makes it clear that the animal in question has a "cedar like tail" , and neither the elephant nor the hippo has a cedar like tail.

3. Does that make the Amplified Bible translation dangerous and misleading on that particular instance

Answer: Yes
Why: Because it is found to be misleading on that particular instant of Behemoth, and thus we are no longer sure of any other instant in which it is actually also found to be misleading, but which we don't yet know about.

4. So am i wrong to also assume, that the Behemoth was a dinosaur

Answer: Yes, and I apologise for that.
Why: Because as far as I know, the bible english translation does not give us another name for the animal that would help us know that it is 100% a dinosaur.

Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by ow11(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2009
Well, you do have a point when you write that belief in evolution influences our world and if it is going to be discarded, It should be replaced by another more appropriate scientific theory that may change our current outlook (creation science/evolution) on that matter. We all need humility while we try to answer these questions.
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by Dunddy(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2009
i wonder if whatever man thinks as truth are actually true.

who wrote the bible? -man (means :- vision from God. was moses there when Adam & eve were alive? did god sit moses down to tell him the story).

and the theory of evolution? -man (means:- fossils and generalization of findings e.g xxxx must have existed in, , as, , feeding on, and "finding the animal closest in structure to xxxx" evolved into it)

who is right and who is wrong?

it is a T - junction here.
believe what u want to and seal your eternity?
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28am On Feb 17, 2009
Finally:

lol grin grin grin Ol, boy me too oooooo. The problem is that no club gree sign me cheesy

@ Ola

Thanks for taking the time to compile those "quotes". However, I am afraid that U are just pouring water on a rock. I hope nobody other than Hux is decieved by this hoax called TTE.

All U need to disprove the theory of evolution is a little bit of back ground in elementary science. U dont have to look any further.

Thanks for the appreciation.  If only these evolutionists can boldly come out and admit what those evolutionists said in those quotes, we will not be having this debate, but because they dread the alternative, which is divine creation and because they do not want to be accountable to God, they will keep coming up with ridiculous statements like that of Richard Dawkins'.
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24am On Feb 17, 2009
No2Atheism:

, lol,  grin , yea right,

I am also a very good footballer and I'm better than ronaldinho,  cheesy, its just that i have not played enough for people to see me play at all,

Talk about "illogical logic ",,

Sometimes you just have to marvel at the fact that the Devil (Lucifer, Satan whatever u choose to call him) seems to be very good at making something that is basically senseless and illogical to still become so appealing to so many people,, that some people would do or say anything just to protect it, cheesy , "yes he even pulled it off with i.s.l.a.m sef", , now Evolution is trying the same trick,

Chai, the body of Christ don suffer no be small,

cheesy , it is well sha, even inside the well, cheesy

Yea, you cracked the joke. grin 

And on a more serious note, it is also true how the devil has succeeded for the past 6,000 years in making mankind to doubt the Word of God with their minds, to desire the lies of the devil with their souls and to deny and disobey the Will and the Word of God with their wills as he did to Eve and Adam in the Garden.  The devil knows that mankind are so gullible to believe his lies by giving them half truths and lies, and that explains the reason of the proliferation of all the false religions, cults and human ideologies (-isms) that go contrary to the Will and Word of God, the latest which is now the theory of evolution.  He has not changed his tactics one bit because man has refused to learn from biblical history.

This latest attack on the church has claimed a lot of casualities as many are now singing evolutionary tunes and are now doubting the veracity of the Word of God, saying it is up for debate, even when they know that evolution theory is plausible, illogical, unscientific and irrational.
Re: Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? by lythn: 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
Evolution is a theory. Most the prof of evolution is unstable at proving evolution. But it dose support areal mutations. Look at the Ark built by Noah. It could not handle every animal ever created but it could handle a pair from every family of animal. For my prof just look at the wolf and dogs. Or the pheasant and chickens. When an animal migrates to a new environment it adapts or dies. When humans tame an animal it changes based on what it is bred for. Just look at all the all the different pets you can get. How many different types of cats are there? How many wild finches are there? Now the examples I used could be used to support evolution. But it also support creation. Natural or forced human adaptations are provable. But they don't disprove or prove evolution or the creation theory. A lot of the fossils could be natural adaptations that just couldn't handle the change in environments. The garden of Eden may have been the birth place of man but not every animal after all there was a land outside of eden. In the bible it mentions thorns and a land of hardship that was the rest the world. Just read the description of what it was like after Adam and Eve was cast out. Then as the world grew and man populated the sons of god found the daughters of eve attractive and mixed with them. What type of animal would it take to feed there children? They gave birth to giants and great heroes according to the bible. So what is to say that they didn't also have animals that where adapted to such people. And if the sons of god referred to where angels that fell then what effect would that have on the wild life of that area? Again to mention the flood. When that happened how many varieties of a species of animals where there from the children of adam interfering with the natural adaptations of animals. After all only Noah, his wife, his three sons and their wives with a pair of each animal saved from the flood to repopulate the earth.

Another reason could also be that God knew what humans would do in the long run. So he could of created certain extinct animals to set up an ecosystem before humans populated that area of earth.

In the end who asks the question has to come up with their own opinion after looking at facts. Most facts can support what ever you want them to whether it is evolution the christian creation or another belief.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? / Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! / God Being Partial, Raising Worship Leaders "Only" From Christ Embassy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.