Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year (1006 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wins Glo CAF Women Footballer Of The Year 2016(photos) / Asisat Oshoala Wins Golden Boot At Africa Cup Of Nations / Asisat Oshoala Wins FA Cup With Arsenal Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by abila122: 10:01pm On May 26, 2015
Asisat Oshoala, Nigeria and Liverpool forward has been named as the BBC Women's Footballer of the Year. The 20-year-old forward who is the first player to win the new award from the BBC World Service, voted for by football fans around the world, beat Spain's Veronica Boquete, German Nadine Kessler, Scot Kim Little and Brazilian Marta to the honour.

Responding, Oshoala thanked the BBC, her fans and everyone who voted her. Oshoala's performances led Nigeria to the final of Under-20 World Cup in Canada where they were narrowly beaten by Germany. Oshoala said the honour was a big lift for Nigeria and would help inspire young players in the country. She was also a major influence in the senior Nigeria team who won the African Women's Championship in October. Oshoala signed for Liverpool Ladies in January 2015, becoming the first African to feature in the Women's Super League, with manager Matt Beard calling her "one of the world's top young footballers".

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news
Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/k2-tags/sports2/item/1057-nigeria-s-asisat-oshoala-wins-bbc-footballer-of-the-year
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Dlionsheart: 10:06pm On May 26, 2015
Let her go to school
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 26, 2015
Congrats to her
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by smvinreal(f): 10:22pm On May 26, 2015
Nice
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by domopps(m): 10:38pm On May 26, 2015
Wao! Congratulations dear.

Baba never enter it's been winning galore

#teamGMB

#ilovetwaci

Cheeeers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by sureteeboy(m): 10:38pm On May 26, 2015
Dlionsheart:
Let her go to school

Wetin she won find go school again As someone once defined school here on Nairaland, "A school is a place where we're all programmed to think only the brilliant students succeed in life"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 3:46am On May 27, 2015
I just couldn't help it cry You won't understand. Congrats gal
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by amnestylaw1(m): 5:29am On May 27, 2015
chidyhels:
I just couldn't help it cry
You won't understand.
Congrats gal
Multiple thumbprinting? I understand, I get it... cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:44am On May 27, 2015
Asisat my Babe am so happy for you. Now my campaign and votes where not a waste.
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:42am On May 27, 2015
She's a talent I swear, go girl
Re: Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Wins BBC Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 27, 2015
Dlionsheart:
Let her go to school

(1) (Reply)

The Six Made In China's Embarrassing Moments In Sports World Lol.... ( Pics ) / Its Time: Tanz Vs Nig Goals Prediction / Real Asian Hd Tips> Football Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.