Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) (9048 Views)

Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / 8 People With Horns (viewers Discretion Strongly Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 27, 2015
niceeric:
since when did 5 volts from a standard Usb charger start blowing up heads?

I understand if an appliance that uses the full 230v is plugged but the truth is even in that case,the injury on the face is not gonna b that bad....he'll be thrown off almost immediately after contact with the copper

thirdly, na stainless steel b the guy teeth....wey b say he chew that thick wire finish till e reach the copper and no one saw him?

Finally, with these few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince u and not confuse u that the story is a HOAX but only has a moral or two to teach anyway

Voltage does not electrocute... (rread about van der graffs generator). What you should be worried about is the current, measured in amperes. For a usb appliance, the amperage is just 0.20 amps, which is not enough to electrocute a child, at least not up to that extent.
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 3:38pm On May 27, 2015
MaziKachi:

Voltage does not electrocute... (rread about van der graffs generator). What you should be worried about is the current, measured in amperes. For a usb appliance, the amperage is just 0.20 amps, which is not enough to electrocute a child, at least not up to that extent.
guy come on!!!...anyways as an Electronic and computer engineering graduate, i'll speak in my capacity to disprove your 'theory'.

Though I'll admit current actually is the cause of electrocution BUT without enough voltage to allow for the work of current flow in the conductor, electrocution would not occur. simple

High voltage + current flow in capacity of the ((PD(voltage))= electrocution
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Mubby4luv(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2015
Tarya:
CCTV camera mumu
Biggest Mumu .. does this looks like a CCTV picture? Ode
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by rattlesnake(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2015
Lies

Charger can't do this

Ode
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Folksyharry(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2015
Logician:
The current in a phone charger isnt strong enough to do such damage. And even if electrocution occurs, a responsive action that is involutary would ultimately enable the minor withdraw the cable from his mouth & avert fatality. But I understand your message though.

Parents be advised, monitor your kids\toddlers closely.

on point.
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by MizEmpress(f): 7:12pm On May 27, 2015
Logician:
The current in a phone charger isnt strong enough to do such damage. And even if electrocution occurs, a responsive action that is involutary would ultimately enable the minor withdraw the cable from his mouth & avert fatality. But I understand your message though.

thanks jare
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by baba11(m): 8:13pm On May 27, 2015
niceeric:

guy come on!!!...anyways as an Electronic and computer engineering graduate, i'll speak in my capacity to disprove your 'theory'.

Though I'll admit current actually is the cause of electrocution BUT without enough voltage to allow for the work of current flow in the conductor, electrocution would not occur. simple

High voltage + current flow in capacity of the ((PD(voltage))= electrocution
You're right but you forget ohmic law viz v = iR.
Anybody can only electrocute if his resistance is not that much to withstand the voltage.The ability of a resistive materials to withstand the voltage is what give rise to current.

So I can say that the baby has lower resistance in his body compare to the 230 voltage in the supply which made the high current developed in his body to charr/burn him . Chikena....lobatan

BABANPY
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2015
baba11:

You're right but you forget ohmic law viz v = iR.
Anybody can only electrocute if his resistance is not that much to withstand the voltage.The ability of a resistive materials to withstand the voltage is what give rise to current.

So I can say that the baby has lower resistance in his body compare to the 230 voltage in the supply which made the high current developed in his body to charr/burn him . Chikena....lobatan

BABANPY
good one... resistance is a factor that limits current flow, hence limiting d degree of electrocution BUT did u notice the argument was about being electrocuted by a charger??.....The good Lord knows a WET chicken won't get electrocuted by a 5Vdc1A charger!
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by baba11(m): 8:51pm On May 27, 2015
niceeric:

good one... resistance is a factor that limits current flow, hence limiting d degree of electrocution BUT did u notice the argument was about being electrocuted by a charger??.....The good Lord knows a WET chicken won't get electrocuted by a 5Vdc1A charger!
A wet chicken cannot get electrocuted by 5vdc1A ... like wise this particular case,a DC can't electrocute this baby to this degree except if there's a fault/bypass supply over the whole circuitry or it's a plain AC supply...

1 Like

Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 9:02pm On May 27, 2015
baba11:
A wet chicken cannot get electrocuted by 5vdc1A ... like wise this particular case,a DC can't electrocute this baby to this degree except if there's a fault/bypass supply over the whole circuitry or it's a plain AC supply...
simple and precise....though dc voltage sources can be used even better by the devil too esp if a good current is involved but dem no born phone charger well lol

Nice one bro...u know as e dey go!
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by baba11(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2015
niceeric:

simple and precise....though dc voltage sources can be used even better by the devil too esp if a good current is involved but dem no born phone charger well lol

Nice one bro...u know as e dey go!

Naso....I'm a graduate of electronics and computer engineering like you grin
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 9:53pm On May 27, 2015
baba11:

Naso....I'm a graduate of electronics and computer engineering like you grin
No wonder!!!!!!

u graduated from which of the tertiary institutions?
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by AdeniyiA(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2015
JayneStephanie:
Who took the photo of the baby chewing the wire? angry
d first thing that came to my mind
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by baba11(m): 1:32am On May 28, 2015
niceeric:
No wonder!!!!!!
u graduated from which of the tertiary institutions?
? LASU...I'll like to know you more.... PM sent!!!
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2015
baba11:
? LASU...I'll like to know you more.... PM sent!!!
really??...thesame LASU Epe Campus?.... that's where I graduated from too!
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by baba11(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2015
niceeric:

really??...thesame LASU Epe Campus?.... that's where I graduated from too!
Really!....
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by gostartit(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2015
The pictures are just illustration of what can happen if don't restrict your your 1 to 5years old child from play with electrical appliances at home.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2410757_waecvol3endorsedphsize_jpege5d88479da0bed5d5b837ae01ecefd3d
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by niceeric(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2015
baba11:
Really!....
YEA sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Tarya(m): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
JayneStephanie:

Hey please watch the language you use on me...you can quote me but you can't abuse me
sorry oh
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Tarya(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
Mubby4luv:

Biggest Mumu .. does this looks like a CCTV picture? Ode
How does CCTV picture looks?? Otondo
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Mubby4luv(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tarya:
How does CCTV picture looks?? Otondo
Do you even know it's meaning? Sakare
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Tarya(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
Mubby4luv:
Do you even know it's meaning? Sakare
kai walahi na my worst insult 4 dis Year be dat... sha i no blame u na ur papa pay my sch fee
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by KanwuliaJara: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
What a wonderful "God" una dey serve o!
God of high-tech abortions! grin
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by SAMBARRY: 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Seriously parents need to be careful what they put at the disposal of kids cry
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2015
JayneStephanie:
Who took the photo of the baby chewing the wire? angry
the person shld be sue to court 4 murder.
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by Mubby4luv(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2015
Tarya:
kai walahi na my worst insult 4 dis Year be dat... sha i no blame u na ur papa pay my sch fee
lol.. I'm sorry. peace
Re: Photo: Parents Be Careful (viewers Discretion Strongly Adviced) by jamace(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2015
Logician:

You too much. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? / Reasons For Giving Many Names To Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.