Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration (19911 Views)

RECESSION: Buhari’s New Thinking - Vanguard Special Report / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members / Silva, Anyim Head Buhari's Inauguration Committee (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by drsolob2(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2015
Too long pls summaries

Wow first to comment on a new page
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Nobody: 9:39am On May 27, 2015
Nice...we are getting there
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by dorisOmaricha(f): 9:41am On May 27, 2015
change!!!
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by drsolob2(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2015
dorisOmaricha:
change!!!
How much change u need madam.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by myklangelo(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2015
Typical, calling a dog a bad name to hang it. Buhari supporters are like, my father's car is bigger than yours. Very soon we will test drive the car. I pray for a better Nigeria, where there will be no pretensial rites.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by chesterlee(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2015
Will the Muhammadu Buhari of 30 years ago show himself — the harsh military dictator who jailed journalists, inflicted physical humiliation on civil servants and expelled thousands of immigrants? In a country that has taken much punishment from bad rulers and continues to do so, he was one of the worst, critics say.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by mmsen: 9:46am On May 27, 2015
You people are stupid enough to rely on the NYT for an accurate portrayal of Nigerian affairs?

They can't even tell the truth when it comes to American issues.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by anwe: 9:48am On May 27, 2015
teacher don't teach me nonsense, Oyibo leave us alone.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Guyman02: 9:48am On May 27, 2015
Checkout what Turkish President said yesterday about NYT. He told them to go and write negatively about Obama and his policies and leave Turkey alone.
NYT is US administration propaganda newspaper just like the NATION is to APC in Nigeria and Thisday is to PDP
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by shukuratbaby: 9:51am On May 27, 2015
AMAZING AIRTEL DATA BUNDLE

ALREADY MADE SIM WITH DATA BUNDLE ALSO AVAILABLE

AIRTEL ONLY

2GB - N800

CALL TUNDE: 08162637076 WHATSAPP NO: 08162637076
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Demdem(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2015
The rest of the world is even rejoicing with us for getting rid of a world acclaimed fool in exchange for a strong leader. Good one.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Guyman02: 9:52am On May 27, 2015
fromnigeria:
For Some people its; Leave Nigeria alone as if they are the reason we are so stagnant.
We think they hate us so much, when they don't even have our time... Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww

Sharrap there Olodo! If they dont have our time they will not dedicate so much space writing about Nigeria. This country is too important for their inroads into Africa. Get educated.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Tycike: 9:53am On May 27, 2015
Where is temitemi1 and the other guy, come and defend your pay masters.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Guyman02: 9:55am On May 27, 2015
Demdem:
The rest of the world is even rejoicing with us for getting rid of a world acclaimed fool in exchange for a strong leader. Good one.

The rest of which world? Is it America that invaded Iraq,Libya, Syria, Yemen destroying nations and killing millions to give them 'Freedom and Democracy'? Buhari has frequented London, have you taken time to ask what agreement he entered with them, with people like that vulture Tony Blair visiting him in Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Nobody: 9:58am On May 27, 2015
Silly news reporting. Is 30 years not enough for any man to change? They said the bad things first and then glossed over the good part. undecided

Next time, tell me what Aljazeera said. Their news reporting is more balanced.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Demdem(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2015
[s]
Guyman02:

The rest of which world? Is it America that invaded Iraq,Libya, Syria, Yemen destroying nations and killing millions to give them 'Freedom and Democracy'? Buhari has frequented London, have you taken time to ask what agreement he entered with them, with people like that vulture Tony Blair visiting him in Abuja.
[/s]

Crap.........the bottom line is the rest of the world knows that Jonah-daft is cursed

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by nerodenero: 10:00am On May 27, 2015
Guyman,leave sentiments aside and be sincere,wetin New York Times write about the recent happenings and the subsidy fraud in Nigeria na lie?Forget Turkey,face wetin face you which is Nigeria and leave whatever propaganda out.
Guyman02:
Checkout what Turkish President said yesterday about NYT. He told them to go and write negatively about Obama and his policies and leave Turkey alone.
NYT is US administration propaganda newspaper just like the NATION is to APC in Nigeria and Thisday is to PDP

2 Likes

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2015
Jonathan ruined Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Namzy(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2015
Beautiful piece. Pity some here keep acting like victims, this is the truth without mincing words.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by chinkichun: 10:12am On May 27, 2015
baby124:
All these stupid foreign journalists only know how to mock anything African. They prefer an africa with dying kwashiorkor children begging for food from oyinbo people. They should leave Nigeria alone and stop speculating doom. Nigeria is focusing on building our nation right now. Other noise makers should keep shut and go and die. That is how they were rejoicing over our failure in the disastrous marketer drama. We are the largest black nation, any step we make to improve ourselves bites them. Upon all the speculation, we are still one country and chose our own president. They should choke on that. They have all not recovered from the shock. They underestimated Nigerians. This government coming in needs to focus on immigration before immigrants start coming to claim they can show us how to run our country. Tufiakwa. First world opportunists

I'm not sure you read the complete report. They didn't speculate anything. They just stated true facts about Nigeria and its political and economic climate. So, what are you ranting about?
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Nobody: 10:28am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:
Nigeria, by the special grace of the good Lord, is on the march again towards greatness.

Without mincing words, this is the first time I have real hope in Nigeria getting it right. I have always believed in Buhari hence he is the only one I've always supported and voted for (apart from Olu Falae in 1999 which GMB did not contest in anyway).

Buhari remains the only Nigeria who has held positions that could have made him as rich as IBB, OBJ. GEJ, Atiku, Tinubu and many more BUT chose not to corruptly enrich himself.

Is he a perfect man? No, far from it. Will he serve selflessly? I have no doubt in this.

I pray that almighty God guide Buhari to be able to provide the right leadership for Nigerians irrespective of our religious, ethnic and political differences.

@ the boldened, this was part of the findings of the subsidy report and some dumbs here keep arguing that there is subsidy!

Very soon, we all will be amazed that when the so-called "subsidy" is removed, we will very likely still buy fuel at about the current pump price. The cabals in PDP have pulled cotton wool over our eyes for long.

Good thing is "Change" is here already.

You my dear, deserve one million likes, so take mine

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by bandely(m): 10:33am On May 27, 2015
NY Times, get your facts right! Shehu Shagari was the one who ordered immigrants (mostly Ghanaians) out of Nigeria in January 1983, Buhari took over in December 1983, and only ordered ILLEGAL immigrants out.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by bjtinz: 11:14am On May 27, 2015
Nigerians are glad to know that Mr. Jonathan can no longer do any damage

shocked embarassed
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by konjivity: 11:44am On May 27, 2015
Yomieluv:
PDP is the devil's machination to ruin Nigeria..

I wonder what the saTANoids are fed with,that with glaring incompetence of the PDP,they still come out to shout "Transformation".

Nigeria will be great again..

Change is here.
Nigeria has never been great! We want it to be great for the first time.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by konjivity: 11:48am On May 27, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Crap.........the bottom line is the rest of the world knows that Jonah-daft is cursed
It's a pity you dissipate so much energy cursing a man who is always happy and smiling. God bless GEJ.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by temitemi1(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Tycike:
Where is temitemi1 and the other guy, come and defend your pay masters.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 27, 2015
baby124:
All these stupid foreign journalists only know how to mock anything African. They prefer an africa with dying kwashiorkor children begging for food from oyinbo people. They should leave Nigeria alone and stop speculating doom. Nigeria is focusing on building our nation right now. Other noise makers should keep shut and go and die. That is how they were rejoicing over our failure in the disastrous marketer drama. We are the largest black nation, any step we make to improve ourselves bites them. Upon all the speculation, we are still one country and chose our own president. They should choke on that. They have all not recovered from the shock. They underestimated Nigerians. This government coming in needs to focus on immigration before immigrants start coming to claim they can show us how to run our country. Tufiakwa. First world opportunists
There you go making no meaningful and emphatic statement that would give your argument the confidence it needs here. I don't know if you have sensibly read it and try to understand the nitty gritty of what you are passing across while only blaming the white people for your country's woe, something caused by you and your government irresponsibility.

The oil scarcity is one of them. It is sad the nation cannot refine its crude oil all due to corrupt process of giving huge subsidy money to marketers all rather petroleum hoarders in the clique of mafia. The writer is even generous with the amount of money the nation expends on maintaining oil subsidy by saying it is in the million of dollars whereas it is in the tune of tens of billion of dollars. Indeed, I am a little perturbed by your rant without giving us the reason to accept you know what you are talking about. In that indication, after reading through your post, I can say you aren't intelligent in all ramifications to deliberate on the matter.

However, the same white people you accused are the ones who keep investing in your economy while the nation is receiving billions of dollars in FDI, although, with robust remittance to the investors. These investments employed the teeming population the government fails to put under control, put to work or embrace a depopulation process. It boost the infrastructural projects and thereby increase the nation income through revenue collection as tax on foreign businesses. I wouldn't be surprised you have no single idea what foreign investments do to any nation of the world. Rather than running your mouth around with pervasive lies, while supporting a wrong notion, you should be doing something to help the nation develop, that you aren't doing than complain and blame others for your country's troubles. What a way to go in your ignorance!

To conclude my post, I would like to quickly say you are a trouble-inciting troll and a blatant rumor monger.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by TeamSimple(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2015
Unbiased Piece.
Re: New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration by dokunbam(m): 12:10pm On May 27, 2015
Vanpascore:
New Nigeria begins

hmmm...I like this statement and I cant wait to be part of the NEW NIGERIA for good.

Honestly I have prayed (I always include Nigeria, my Jerusalem in my daily prayers) for a New Nigeria and I see God answers prayers.

And we all that seek the good of the country shall enjoy in it(and our kids) Amen

one love my country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Atiku Still Be Travelling To The US By End Of November? / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Adamu Garba Meets With Senator Abaribe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.