Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy (868 Views)

Capital Oil Sold Missing Fuel Worth N11bn, Senate Calls For Massive Sack In NNPC / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by tonychristopher: 9:15am On May 27, 2015
A man is not recognised by how many lives touched him but how many lives he touched. The fuel scarcity saga made me to recall the advise that my father used to tell us the sons” in any situation you find yourself say your mind irrespective whose ox is gored” after watching the Channels TV interview with Ifeanyi Uba the MD of Capital oil and the recent saga of fuel subsidy,scarcity and madness I have come to realise that there are few good men left maybe handful of them.

Capital oil boss was frank, plain and unambiguous and undiplomatic in his submission (which I like because,The truth is always bitter ) as a stakeholder, player and patriot in the Nigerian economic space with emphasis in petroleum marketing sector. We would analyse his nuances, postulation and charisma.

Herd or Flock Mentality

Uba was very clear that the strike that grounded the African biggest economy to a halt was caused by some few disgruntled elements in oil marketing sector. Having the biggest oil storage facility in Nigeria, he was never consulted and as a founding member of association he felt that it isn’t reasonable and rational to embark on a strike after receiving subsidy payment some months back. This his position did not go well with some marketers who have smaller storage facility. To me personally This strike issue is the base of Nigerian fall… it seems that some people can’t do without Unionising the whole eco space, not that union isn’t a good thing but if not checked it kills competition and forms a monospolistic and cartelization of the economy. A situation where a petty tomatoes seller forms a union in the market to control the prices of tomatoes and thereby not allowing the market forces (DEMAND AND SUPPLY) to determine how much a tomatoes should be sold is anti competition. A situation where one can’t sell below a certain price isn’t competition but cartelization. This bring up laziness and indolence without having a good way to retain customer. This is my personal analysis of Petroleum products marketing. He made it clear that due to some few elements in the sector, they have decided to control the market without considering the plight of the masses.

Business acumen,humanist and patriotism

Uba made the country to understand that after asking those embarking on strike their reason which they couldn’t give any satisfactory answer he decided to open his storage facility for some reasons
• People are dying in hospital daily due to lack of fuel to power critical hospital equipment and couldn’t watch Nigerian die just because of few disgruntled elements
• From business perspective, it is pointless to store PMS(Fuel) in a depot for more than a week due to its volatility and evaporative nature. The fuels will definitely evaporate and it doesn’t make sense.
• Holding the government at jugular and crippling the economy isn’t the best way to go about subsidy issues and there were no pre warning strike so he has to go against the wishes of union

Royalty, Loyalty and Bravery

Bravery and Loyalty was displayed in the interview. Uba took responsibility of his action when he was accused of been playing politics…he made it clear that his part in TAN (transformation Agenda of Nigeria) isn’t a government effort and challenged any person that said that he was paid by Government to do such stating that whatever structures, projects and facilities in TAN is the work of Jonathan and he doesn’t have any regret whatsoever over his action. To me that is bravery considering the fact that this is the period where many people are talking ill of President G.Jonathan and dumping PDP. This has shown that we still have brave men left and to me personally this is the stuff leaders are made for. Not chameleons jumping from one party to another or fair weather politicians.

Way out of Subsidy

Uba took the same position I took when they were having jamboree and carnival in Ojota in the name of Subsidy Protest….he made a categorical submission that PMS should be fully deregulated and allow people that understand importation to handle it. He made a postulation that , the market forces should determine the prices of Petroleum commodities and not having priced fixed by government. This will bring availability of the products and price stabilization after the equilibrium price must have been reached.
He opined that there should be modular refineries in states and individuals should be encouraged to build refineries instead of people in some quarters blocking their efforts to build refineries and allowing only one ”person” who has no knowledge of petroleum product marketing to build refinery in Nigeria. To me this is masterpiece.
Heaving a sight of relieve still doesn’t show that we should shout “UHURU” the earlier we deregulate the petroleum product sector and allow private firms like CAPITAL OIL to build refineries the better for the country. We cannot be paying billions to some group of people in name of subsidy while infrastructure suffers.
Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:20am On May 27, 2015
Keep self servicing yourselves, but any sensible person knows that Ifeanyi Uba is NOT a Hero.
Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:27am On May 27, 2015
Keep deceiving yourself. Ifeanyi Uba is only trying to be like a saint. He has always been part of the cartel. He was among the oil marketers indicted in the Ribadu Probe Panel of 2012. The report has been gathering since then in Jonathan's office. His company came under the big hammer of AMCON. But was released when he started floating TAN for Jonathan's re-election.
Just go buy ankara you and your likes will put on in solidarity of Uba to storm the court premises when he is being tried.

1 Like

Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:38am On May 27, 2015
the cowards from the zoo are here to hate because he is a biafran..

if Abacha was not corrupt according to the old one,i wonder who is corrupt in the history of Nigeria.

it is on record and have recently been re-echoed by the cowards in the zoo that anything achieved or done by an igboman is not always good.

the case of ngozi and her yale award comes to mind.

the book by chinua achebe is another

the feat by philip emeagwali is still fresh

the capital oil boss action during the fuel crises is also another.

if you check nairaland thread titles, anything achieved by an igboman is titled a Nigerian but if its the cowards or the gambari masters they will put their name on the topic on home page.

Buhari will be president in few days time so lets wait and see how things pans out.

all die na die afterall man must die one day

3 Likes

Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by tonychristopher: 9:52am On May 27, 2015
Can u pls give us proves

hatbricker:
Keep self servicing yourselves, but any sensible person knows that Ifeanyi Uba is NOT a Hero.
Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by erunz(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2015
YORUBAS BLAME UBAH FOR COMING TO THE AID OF NIGERIANS AT THE RIGHT TIME. YES UBAH WAS PART OF THE CABAL, BUT HE HAD CONSCIENCE. PLS WHAT DID WOLE TINUBU, OTEDOLA AND OTHERS DO? NOTHING. INSTEAD THEY WATCH U PEOPLE SUFFER AND THESE ARE THE MAJOR FINANCIERS OF BUHARI CAMPAIGN. THESE SAME YORUBAS LEAD THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST GEJ WHEN HE REMOVED SUBSIDY. IF UBAH WAS TO BE A YORUBA OR APC MEMBER THEY WOULD HAVE APPLAUD HIM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 10:02am On May 27, 2015
Only ingrates will fault Ifeanyi Uba at this stage. Without him MTN would have been off and you wouldn't have been able to browse and rant nonsense. I love Ifeanyi Uba. God bless his generation.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Photo 15 Highest Paid CEOs In DC, USA / Kashumu Fights Back While Nigerian And American Governments Face Embarrassment / Anything Wrong With Doyin Okupe's Mini Biography On Twitter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.