Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Need advice on car choice - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need advice on car choice (1651 Views)

First Car choice / A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris / Advice on Honda Accord (Baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2015
My name George, I want to get a car my budget is 1.2Mn and this is my first car.But,I don't know much about cars,I will love to get something comfortable.Any recommendations please? thanks.
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2015
Any one?
Re: Need advice on car choice by tempex88(m): 12:22pm On May 27, 2015
Buy corolla. Up ur budget to 1350. U will get 2003

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by edward1984(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:
Any one?

You need a taste , what kind of car do you see yourself on ? you can get a very clean 2002 Nissan Primera

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by hayor2014(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2015
With a million...Carmy 2001 Model-Drop light

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2015
I mean something a bit tasteful will do.Some one even told me once I could get a tokumbo ML320 2001 for about that price.But generally I'm looking at something classy and simple at same time not a jeep.
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 2:35pm On May 27, 2015
edward1984:

You need a taste , what kind of car do you see yourself on ? you can get a very clean 2002 Nissan Primera

I would love something a bite tasteful as a young guy with the first car.But I also I'm looking at budget situation
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2015
tempex88:
Buy corolla. Up ur budget to 1350. U will get 2003

The corolla is running into the the budget constraints we have, you know.So I'm looking at the actually purchase price and other little expenses to be about that 1.2Mn. And I really want something still in the game.
Re: Need advice on car choice by tempex88(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

The corolla is running into the the budget constraints we have, you know.So I'm looking at the actually purchase price and other little expenses to be about that 1.2Mn. And I really want something still in the game.

I need to understand what you mean by still in the game. Except you want a Nigerian used car, 1.2m can not get a Toyota. would have advised you do EOD(accord) but its not as strong as Toyota and has some salient issues that a car expert car manage. I have used Hondas all my life with no issue. Buy EOD
Re: Need advice on car choice by edward1984(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

I would love something a bite tasteful as a young guy with the first car.But I also I'm looking at budget situation

Do you like Italian ? they are pretty nice rides,, I guess you can also get this Lexus IS 200 within your budget

Re: Need advice on car choice by Omojayejaye(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2015
Op...you can try opel vectra instead of corrolla,Camry it looks stylish and for the young minds just as Mazda6 and at the same time you will be driving something different from Toyota

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2015
tempex88:

I need to understand what you mean by still in the game. Except you want a Nigerian used car, 1.2m can not get a Toyota. would have advised you do EOD(accord) but its not as strong as Toyota and has some salient issues that a car expert car manage. I have used Hondas all my life with no issue. Buy EOD
Sorry by in the game I mean like something one could consider a bit classy but not that expensive.
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2015
edward1984:

Do you like Italian ? they are pretty nice rides,, I guess you can also get this Lexus IS 200 within your budget

OK some one recommended the Rx300 too, which would you think is better? I mean compared to the one you just suggested?
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2015
Omojayejaye:
Op...you can try opel vectra instead of corrolla,Camry it looks stylish and for the young minds just as Mazda6 and at the same time you will be driving something different from Toyota

Ok I am a fan of mazda6 and discovered to get the model I would prefer(2009) its quite high..Buh the opel vectra you suggested seem really cool and different ..Haven't known anyone that drives it though.But it would seem like a car I would want to drive, I will check its specs now.Thanks
Re: Need advice on car choice by tempex88(m): 6:32pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

Sorry by in the game I mean like something one could consider a bit classy but not that expensive.

Just buy 2004 Honda Accord Lx. If sellers are giving you high price, let me know. exchange rate has gone high though

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by Acidosis(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2015
Mazda 6 Toyota Matrix (#1.5)

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by edward1984(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

OK some one recommended the Rx300 too, which would you think is better? I mean compared to the one you just suggested?

I think maintenance plays a vital role,, RX300 it pretty expensive to maintain compare to the one I uploaded earlier
Re: Need advice on car choice by edward1984(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

I think this 2003 MAZDA 6 fits your budget

1 Like

Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2015
edward1984:

I think this 2003 MAZDA 6 fits your budget

ok perfect thanks
Re: Need advice on car choice by geowari(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2015
tempex88:

Just buy 2004 Honda Accord Lx. If sellers are giving you high price, let me know. exchange rate has gone high though

Ok thanks
Re: Need advice on car choice by Omojayejaye(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:

Ok I am a fan of mazda6 and discovered to get the model I would prefer(2009) its quite high..Buh the opel vectra you suggested seem really cool and different ..Haven't known anyone that drives it though.But it would seem like a car I would want to drive, I will check its specs now.Thanks
I met one on one with a 05 vectra user in Abeokuta last month,he has been driving the car for a yr plus now without issues just regular parts replacement and maintenance,he said the car is fuel efficient and fast for a 4 cylinder engine and that the shock absorbers need proper monitoring...parts are also available in ladipo..I also like the firm sound of the door panels when closed just like a c class and no transmission issues whatsoever and the car is not easy to come by on dealers lot except you do cotonou or buy from Europa coz its not as common as toyota and honda which are overpriced
Geowari are you a Geologist BTW i'm a Geophysicist..all the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neat 2007 JEEP WRANGLER For Sale... Used By A Bank Executive, Buy&drive @ 2.450m / 2004 RX 330@aesthetic Autos 2.5m Few Months Reg SOLD SOLD / Uk Used Garmin GPS Navigator With Full Nigerian Road Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.