Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris (1147 Views)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) / A Reg 2007 Yaris & An 01/02 Rx300 In Good Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by henry007(m): 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hi Nlanders,

Please I need your advice on which car to get because my first choice being the Yaris is very scarce and alternatively the Altima is available and very clean. Saw one on OLX. Do you think this is a viable option for a first Car. What other options do you think I could go for in a case where the Yaris is not forth coming. Thanks guys. GAZZUZZ angels09
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by Readonee35L(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Yaris & altima are not in the same level .
Altima should be compared with camry, accord e.t.c
If you have lots of money buy the altima
If youre managing your cash buy yaris or corolla
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by micfoley: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
Toyota any day anytime. A corolla preferably. See above

1 Like

Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Apr 27, 2016
henry007:
Hi Nlanders,

Please I need your advice on which car to get because my first choice being the Yaris is very scarce and alternatively the Altima is available and very clean. Saw one on OLX. Do you think this is a viable option for a first Car. What other options do you think I could go for in a case where the Yaris is not forth coming. Thanks guys. GAZZUZZ angels09

all I can say is the Yaris is your friend.
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by salvo583: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2016
henry007:
Hi Nlanders,

Saw ur mention of the infinti/nissan thread. Well all i can say is that the yaris may be the better option. Tho i started using the altima almost a year and i have only changed the breakpads. I wasnt that knowledgeable about cars then,all i wanted was something in par with muzzle/evilspirit since that was what my office collegues used and not as financial bouyant as them. Only time will tell if i made the right choice cos they call the altima "muzzle" at the office . In short buy the altima if you have access to another cars incase the cvt issues creep in else jejely buy the yaris and be happy.
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by henry007(m): 5:36am On Apr 29, 2016
salvo583:

Saw ur mention of the infinti/nissan thread. Well all i can say is that the yaris may be the better option. Tho i started using the altima almost a year and i have only changed the breakpads. I wasnt that knowledgeable about cars then,all i wanted was something in par with muzzle/evilspirit since that was what my office collegues used and not as financial bouyant as them. Only time will tell if i made the right choice cos they call the altima "muzzle" at the office . In short buy the altima if you have access to another cars incase the cvt issues creep in else jejely buy the yaris and be happy.
so in essence Altima is bad as a first /only car. Noted. Thanks guys
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by salvo583: 6:47am On Apr 29, 2016
henry007:
so in essence Altima is bad as a first /only car. Noted. Thanks guys
With the gas incessant problem. The yaris is a winner here. Moreso are the 2 cars naija used?
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by henry007(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2016
salvo583:

With the gas incessant problem. The yaris is a winner here. Moreso are the 2 cars naija used?
Yes both used

Readonee35L:
Yaris & altima are not in the same level .
Altima should be compared with camry, accord e.t.c
If you have lots of money buy the altima
If youre managing your cash buy yaris or corolla

They might not be on the sane level but they are in the same price range.
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by yungchap(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
henry007:
Hi Nlanders,

I currently have the two cars for sell even though the Altima is cheaper

You can reach me for pics on: 08057944709 (wats app)
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by insideout: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
I use both cars (2008 altima and 2009 yaris hatchback bought as tokunbo), they are miles apart in functionality and efficiency. If they were both tokunbo my opinion could have been different; buy the yaris cos its gonna be ur little sporty economy padi anytimeT
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
g..i really think u should go for d altima...its classier and pretty strong...dt yaris..mehn...it looks like kids toy or smtin for d ladies..choose d manly ride..nig..
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by henry007(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
yungchap:

I currently have the two cars for sell even though the Altima is cheaper

You can reach me for pics on: 08057944709 (wats app)
Reached you on whatsapp, you didn't sound like you had anything to sell.
Re: A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris by henry007(m): 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
paschal1995:
g..i really think u should go for d altima...its classier and pretty strong...dt yaris..mehn...it looks like kids toy or smtin for d ladies..choose d manly ride..nig..
lol i know but i'm more about which one would give me more value for money.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Honda Baby Boy 02, Tokunbo / Registered 2010 Toyota Sequoia Plantium 5.7L 4WD For Sale, Asking N5.8m, See Pix / Super Clean 1st Body Chrysler Voyager Limited 03 Manual @490k SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.