Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

An Open Letter To All Parents And Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations W - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Open Letter To All Parents And Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations W (520 Views)

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This / Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Parents Or Intending Parents, You Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Parents And Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations W by obaxlove(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2015
An Open Letter To All Parents and Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations with special Reference To Nigeria.

As we celebrate children's day it's imperative to know that  economic important attached to children most times gear the propensity to have more. 

Child labour is an alternative measure for the poor to alleviate poverty, the children are being encouraged to involve in hawking and sometimes other social vices. 
I am a victim of child labour for more than 15years of hawking from streets to streets in Lagos and most times in the traffic with an average of 100km covered daily bear footed. 

All these as at then were seen as an economic advantages and financial hedge over other families but couldn't stand the test of the day as more demands roll in despite the economic incomes. My parents then only considered the present gains but lost full sight on future challenges like the health condition of the children, education performance, social inequalities e.t.c 

With all the kilometers covered, goods sold and profit made, the economic situation of my family is still the same, we could only afford one bungalow building with only two rooms plastered in my home town. My Dad is late and my Mum is very old now.  
At a point, I ran off home to my uncle who sponsored me for my degree. After several months of seeking job I finally got one in 2013, now on the job my health is asking for it. It's an everyday bone pains from head to toes and I happened to be the only one who secured first degree out of all the children and the bread winner, now my current health status is about to get me off my job. 

Please parents I seized this medium to implore you to kick against Child Labour. The benefit might be presence but it's for awhile. ‎
Re: An Open Letter To All Parents And Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations W by demmy0325(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Think Before You Judge / Solve This Puzzle If U Can / Terrible!!! Babies Making Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.