Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) (2122 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / The Petition To Buhari & EFCC Against Amaechi, That May Cost Him Appointments / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 7:36pm On May 27, 2015
Rivers State governor-elect, Chief Nyesom Wike, on Tuesday declared that he would not fight the in-coming government led by president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

He said he would rather co-operate with the federal government to attract benefits to the state, insisting that the mandate given to him by the people of the state was not for him to fight Buhari, but to work for the greater good of the state.

This came as he stated that the local government elections held in 22 out of the 23 local government areas of the state last Saturday was illegal as there was a court order stopping the exercise.

Wike spoke in Port Harcourt during a pre-inauguration lecture titled: ‘Democracy and good governance: Towards a New Rivers State’ as part of programmes for his inauguration as governor of the state.

According to him, “I will not fight Buhari. I will cooperate with his administration to attract benefits to the state.

“The people of the state did not overwhelmingly elect me to fight the administration, but to work for the greater good of our people. In cooperating with Buhari for development reasons, I will always bear in mind the fact that I am a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).”

The governor-elect added that all his actions in office would be geared towards the development of the state and her people.

He assured the people that he would not personalise governance as the journey to revive the state would involve all stakeholders, adding that he would run a listening administration centred on the needs of the people.

He also stated that he would on Monday re-open the courts which had been shut for about a year and the state House of Assembly complex also shut for close to two years.

On the local government elections, Wike reiterated that the exercise was illegal as it was carried out against a court order.

He stated that all those who shared in the N4.5 billion allegedly used by the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission (RSIEC) to conduct the election would be made to account for the money.

Wike said there was massive corruption in the state. “Rivers State stinks with unbridled corruption,” the governor-elect said, adding that he would do everything necessary to check the trend.

While maintaining that he would probe the outgoing administration, he assured the people that his administration would be transparent, accountable and God-fearing.

Former state Governor, Dr.Peter Odili, in his remarks, said he was confident that Wike would perform well and return happiness to the people of the state.

The Guest Speaker and Pro-chancellor of University of Uyo, Professor Kimse Okoko, urged the in-coming administration in the state to work for the greater good of the Rivers people, urging Wike and his team to strengthen all democratic institutions in the state.

The public lecture was attended by former governors of the state, traditional rulers, the academia, captains of industry, youths and women groups

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wike-i-will-not-fight-buhari/210374/

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Mogidi: 7:38pm On May 27, 2015
He said he would rather co-operate with the federal government to attract benefits to the state, insisting that the mandate given to him by the people of the state was not for him to fight Buhari, but to work for the greater good of the state.

Unlike the previous thug who spent his entire tenure fighting a lost battle.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Please enlighten a broda

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Trailblazer1(m): 7:39pm On May 27, 2015
Wike get sense pass Amaechi undecided

Amaechi had everything under control until he left his people and faced Jonathan,
Wike please, leave Buhari and face Rivers people.

It shall be well with You

4 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2015
we need people who will cooperate to bring development.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Mogidi: 7:42pm On May 27, 2015
mistypiper:

Please enlighten a broda
Bros I get bigger fish to fry abeg.

Google exist for a reason, I suggest you learn to use it.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

who are you refering to as......

the lion of ubime?

be carefull

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by CzarRex: 7:46pm On May 27, 2015
Yeah..wike show that nigguh dat u aint a thug like him. Unlike amaechi hu will spend his whole time abusin jonathan while d masses of d state are suffering.
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Crocz(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2015
Not everybody is Jonathan you know

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by crownprince102: 7:48pm On May 27, 2015
Please fight him na

Mumu cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by blacksta(m): 7:50pm On May 27, 2015
You can't win...simply

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2015
crownprince102:
Please fight him na

Mumu cheesy

its wisdom to cooperate with those ahead of you.
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by laidian(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2015
Y u no want fight? u for go to war. smh

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2015
laidian:

the one that went to "war' what gold medal did he win.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by satelliteDISH(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2015
crownprince102:
Please fight him na

Mumu cheesy
Abeg tell am. a word is enough for d wise.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by ziryboy(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2015
And why will Wike fight Buhari? Is Buhari Like his useless godfather?

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by laidian(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2015
robosky02:

the one that went to "war' what gold medal did he win.

Only Rotimi can count his medal. So, even in the face of inestimable oppression, one shouldn't fight?

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2015
ziryboy:

ok
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros I get bigger fish to fry abeg.

Google exist for a reason, I suggest you learn to use it.

I wonder how you would feel after you clicked submit on this numbed quote.

7 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by robosky02(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2015
laidian:

Only Rotimi can count his medal. So, even in the face of inestimable oppresion, one shouldn't fight?

which medal?

presidential he couldnt deliver

state he couldnt deliver

what else............
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by laidian(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2015
ziryboy:

wickedboy

4 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by Firefire(m): 8:09pm On May 27, 2015
That is wisdom! Not stupidity from that deranged and tamed animal.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by superstar1(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2015
Im for fight am nah!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by jamex93(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2015
wike should shut up jor

him fit ne?

3 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by gare(f): 8:49pm On May 27, 2015
ziryboy:

Show some respect, how can you address GEJ as useless, you lack proper upbringing, no matter what he has done you don't speak about him like that, we all are not happy over a lot of things but we should mind our utterances and show some decorum when we speak.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by JingoOAU(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Wike get sense pass Amaechi undecided

Amaechi had everything under control until he left his people and faced Jonathan,
Wike please, leave Buhari and face Rivers people.

It shall be well with You

You mean Amaechi had everything under control until PEG snatched a microphone from him and lambasted him publicly?, got suspended for challenging the ceding of soku oil well to Bayelsa? And finally booted out for vying to be the chairman of the Governors forum?

If you continue to teach your children and children's children in this manner, in no distant time, they will surely become open embarrassment to you as Fayose become open shame to his mother and family

Guess there are things I dnt knw yet...maybe u enlighten me

4 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by BrokenTV: 9:13pm On May 27, 2015
laidian:
If I may ask you did the people of Rivers elect Wike to govern them or to fight Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by oduastates: 9:16pm On May 27, 2015
JingoOAU:

You mean Amaechi had everything under control until PEG snatched a microphone from him and lambasted him publicly?, got suspended for challenging the ceding of soku oil well to Bayelsa? And finally booted out for vying to be the chairman of the Governors forum?

If you continue to teach your children and children's children in this manner, in no distant time, they will surely become open embarrassment to you as Fayose become open shame to his mother and family

Guess there are things I dnt knw yet...maybe u enlighten me
Preach

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by thelastmediator: 9:16pm On May 27, 2015
That's common sense. Do otherwise at your own risk. parade don change gear o grin

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by totoisgud(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2015
Wike u better not. Amaechi was able 2 fight because Jonathan is a fooool. Buhari is not a fooool but a capable man. Trying 2 fight him might signal yr end. Pls b wise.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by kennydee05(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2015
Did he have the charisma and strength to fight Change bandwagon.
His godmother did it and she was defeated.
Amaechi still remain the best democratic coup plotter and the real game changer.
Wike stop talking, you take too much.
Can you fight someone that can eliminate you? Amaechi fought Jonathan and he defeated him because he is a true warrior.
I salute Amaechi.
Re: Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan) by kennydee05(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2015
robosky02:

which medal?

presidential he couldnt deliver

state he couldnt deliver

what else............
Jonathan can tell you the rest of the story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Photo? Buhari and Oyenka Onwenu / DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar - New Telegraph / World Trade Center Opening In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.