Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence (20880 Views)

Buruji Kasamu To Fayose: Leave Aisha Buhari Out Of Your Woes; Face The Issues / See How 'ben Murray-bruce' Took A Major Swipe On Buruji Kashamu On Twitter / Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 27, 2015
GaddEm! Nigeria justice are d most terrible, unscrupulous, ingenious and insensible..
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 27, 2015
LyfeJennings:

Life is not fair
yeah it is not
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2015
Nigerian Legal System is RUBBISH!!! angry angry
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by nikkiking(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2015
Not surprised. Welcome to naija were the poor are been denied the right to leave over a petty crime. Why the Rich go free.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by akoaki(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2015
NDLEA will vacate kashamu's premises and go wait for him at the gate of the national assembly. His doom's day has just been posponed.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by doctokwus: 8:20pm On May 27, 2015
Why do I have this impression that this was a poorly plotted scam by d NDLEA?
Which law enforcement agency goes to someone's residence on a Saturday morning,without a warrant,breaks down all doors except d one to d bedroom which d suspect is conveniently allowed to stay in;he gets across to his lawyers and of course d press to announce his own detention, tells them he would commit suicide, of course doesn't.
By Monday, a first court order is issued_,NDLEA says it won't obey,continues its siege without ever making any attempt to apprehend d suspect and force him to court as they vowed;by Wednesday, still in d convenience of his home, another court tells all to hands off from arresting him and voila!NDLEA departs.
By even Nollywood standards, this is a poorly written and poorly acted script.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by finamaris(f): 8:32pm On May 27, 2015
Am so disappointed with dis nation someone who is found guilty and is supposed to face charges is allowed to go free by the court itself
Shea na becos in get long leg
No problem

We go see as e go b after may 29th
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by sleek82(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2015
doctokwus:
Why do I have this impression that this was a poorly plotted scam by d NDLEA?
Which law enforcement agency goes to someone's residence on a Saturday morning,without a warrant,breaks down all doors except d one to d bedroom which d suspect is conveniently allowed to stay in;he gets across to his lawyers and of course d press to announce his own detention, tells them he would commit suicide, of course doesn't.
By Monday, a first court order is issued_,NDLEA says it won't obey,continues its siege without ever making any attempt to apprehend d suspect and force him to court as they vowed;by Wednesday, still in d convenience of his home, another court tells all to hands off from arresting him and voila!NDLEA departs.
By even Nollywood standards, this is a poorly written and poorly acted script.
walahi you too much
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by kitombo: 8:38pm On May 27, 2015
NDLEA should stop all this grandstanding because it's obvious they never really intended to arrest Kashamu. Firstly, I wonder why they ever went to arrest him without a warrant. Secondly, according to reports, they were able to break down the house gate, force themselves into the house but unable to break into his bedroom and effect arrest! The courts too are just playing their part of the script.

Today, the Swiss Police, upon receipt of extradition request from the US for some FIFA officials to face corruption charges, moved into the the 5 star hotel billed for a FIFA meeting and effected arrest of eight officials in their hotel rooms without high drama.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by jossyj: 8:44pm On May 27, 2015
OBASANJO

mistypiper:
Stay there laa , when una no get work. Some people be using NDlea as a tool against him.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by totoisgud(m): 8:45pm On May 27, 2015
U guys r looking @ dis d wrong way. This is victory 4 Nigerians & our legal system. Government bodies in dis country don't follow due process. They r all law breakers & constantly oppressing d people. Can somebody b extradited without a valid warrant? But d NDLEA were abt 2 illegally arrest & extradite a man without a warrant. They were asked 2 produce a warrant when they laid seige 2 d man's house but they were unable. They were taken 2 court & asked 2 do d same & they still were unable. Government bodies in this country operate with iimpunity. They hv been taught a good lesson. They don't hv a case. If they did they wud hv been able 2 obtain a warrant 2 make a strong argument in court.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by musicwriter(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2015
The US is a major violator of international laws and do not deserve a Nigerian being extradited over there. Question is; will US agree to extradite her citizen to face trial in Nigeria?.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by morscino: 8:56pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:
two questions for the Yorubas

- what shall it profit you to see your fellow Yoruba brother suffer?

- Which other tribe in Nigeria have you seen with such manner and attitude?
See the way you fights yourselves, it's pathetic.
I don't know the jungle u rep but
The yoruba tribe remains the most enlightened and educated tribe in this great country.
The yorubas are the only people who will not vote based on religion or tribe.
The yorubas would not be deceived with the fake brotherhood bond,instead of talking about the real issues on ground.
If there are enough evidences that proves that Kashamu or any other person irrespective of their tribe is or was involved in drug crimes,let the person(s) be tried.
So you I'd suggest you remain in your mental and political imprisonment and watch,while the yoruba attain heights your's would still be dreaming of in the next two Centuries.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by otokx(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2015
What a mess by NDLEA?
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by baybeeboi: 9:11pm On May 27, 2015
morscino:

I don't know the jungle u rep but
The yoruba tribe remains the most enlightened and educated tribe in this great country.
The yorubas are the only people who will not vote based on religion or tribe.
The yorubas would not be deceived with the fake brotherhood bond,instead of talking about the real issues on ground.
If there are enough evidences that proves that Kashamu or any other person irrespective of their tribe is or was involved in drug crimes,let the person(s) be tried.
So you I'd suggest you remain in your mental and political imprisonment and watch,while the yoruba attain heights your's would still be dreaming of in the next two Centuries.
sorry I did not include the number three question.
Why Yorubas got foul big mouth.
Btw, i jst asked a question,'f cos av not forgotten evil is most prevalent in that part of the country.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by Adepate(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2015
They re acting out a well written script. To me if Kash shld be allowed sworn in then he wil claim immunity to extradictn
Or shld we be expectin part 2 of the nollywood epic story?
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by tayork(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

What are you saying?? Do you think we are like you guys that even support criminals because you are from the same tribe, we are wiser than that.. we prefer justice than tribe..
Concerning that kashamu,i know one day, you shall be investigated
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by dandoki: 9:29pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

How is this a yoruba matter? Dumb!
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by baybeeboi: 9:30pm On May 27, 2015
tayork:

What are you saying?? Do you think we are like you guys that even support criminals because you are from the same tribe, we are wiser than that.. we prefer justice than tribe..
Concerning that kashamu,i know one day, you shall be investigated

maybe one day the tribe will go on extinct.
Because i see most of the population being Criminals.
Start counting only the politicians you want jailed.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by pablus: 9:31pm On May 27, 2015
ok this is sensible development regarding law and order. i was so angry yesterday reading the spokeman's disregard for Nigeria's court order, and instead yapping on and on about some court order from the US. shame on him.

in any case, Nigeria needs very strong anti-corruption institutions. even the president should not have immunity, if corrupt.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

This is one of the reasons why we are the Yoruba. Right from infancy,we are taught to be 'Omoluabi' and to guide jealously against anything that will tarnish the image of our families and soil our ancestral names. We therefore do not have anything to gain from Buruji Kashamu's predicament but everything to lose if we fail to expose him ! Every Yoruba man or woman must be an 'Omoluabi' I am not saying that we are saints or that there are no criminals among us,but I am saying that we will never shield or do cover-up for any criminal among us. If Buruji's conscience is clear and he knows that he is not guilty of all the allegations, he should simply go to wherever he is wanted to 'wash clean' his name. It takes more than a billion dollars in your bank accounts to be a virtuous person. As Yoruba,if we have a reason to believe that Buruji is being persecuted unfairly,we are capable of defending him just like we will defend any other tribe in such a situation. The point is-Mr Kashsmu has to clear himself of all the allegations and it does not matter whether he is Yoruba or not.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by baybeeboi: 9:40pm On May 27, 2015
dandoki:
How is this a yoruba matter? Dumb!
insults are very highly expected from that lousy side as well.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by LKO(m): 9:47pm On May 27, 2015
shammah1:
Drug baron master Bola Ahmed "Drugba" Thiefnibu, Obasanjo and APC how market?

Wicked and senseless people. Had it been Senator elect Baruji Kashamu was in APC the story will be different.

It's a shame that we still kiss US government a$$. Can we ask them to extradite an American (who was alleged to have committed a crime while in Nigeria) to Nigeria for trials and they'll succumb to our request?

The answer is hell NO

He'll be sworn in as Senator on Friday by God's grace whether they it or not. Mtcheew!

Indeed the answer is hell NO, I have repeatedly maintained the same position of urs. But because of hate, our sense of judgement is beclouded. A crime allegedly commited in 1994 (21 years ago), na now day break.
Let the truth be said, the man wont get any fair trial in US, he would be hauled into jail without substantial evidence, afterall, Nigerians have condemned him already even before trial.
Kashumu must get the services of tough lawyers who know their worth. Hell no to extradiction. He is not an American and he owes them nothing.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by baybeeboi: 9:50pm On May 27, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

This is one of the reasons why we are the Yoruba. Right from infancy,we are taught to be 'Omoluabi' and to guide jealously against anything that will tarnish the image of our families and soil our ancestral names. We therefore do not have anything to gain from Buruji Kashamu's predicament but everything to lose if we fail to expose him ! Every Yoruba man or woman must be an 'Omoluabi' I am not saying that we are saints or that there are no criminals among us,but I am saying that we will never shield or do cover-up for any criminal among us. If Buruji's conscience is clear and he knows that he is not guilty of all the allegations, he should simply go to wherever he is wanted to 'wash clean' his name. It takes more than a billion dollars in your bank accounts to be a virtuous person. As Yoruba,if we have a reason to believe that Buruji is being persecuted unfairly,we are capable of defending him just like we will defend any other tribe in such a situation. The point is-Mr Kashsmu has to clear himself of all the allegations and it does not matter whether he is Yoruba or not.
tank you.

Am not Yoruba but i just read all the comment Yorubas ''not offences'' make about themselves.
The way they shout jail, prison and all that.

Some want

Tinubu jailed,

Fayose jailed.

fani Kayode jailed,

Obanikoro jailed

Kashamu jailed

Doyin Okupe jailed.

Jst the few i could grab. But ts okay if it's a way of life.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by omooba969(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2015
adeekiti:
What a shame , the poor man will be punished even if not guilty but the rich men will waka with full grades of crime

LyfeJennings:

Life is not fair

Life is beautiful. smiley
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by esere826: 10:03pm On May 27, 2015
the nigerian judiciary is a mess
this is were Buhari should start his cleansing from
otherwise, cases will just get stuck there
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by omooba969(m): 10:11pm On May 27, 2015
Back2Bust:
This is a reminder to all it may
concern. they said they were going
to crush Biafra in 3 days but it
didn't happen the way they
expected and they were surprised. a
nation couldn't conquer a little
region in 3 years with all the
support they got from Britain,
Russia. God was with Biafra. just
like Gen. Ojukwu said " no power in
black Africa can subdue Biafra" and
it is true. Our fathers staked their
lives for our freedom and now it is
our time to make this a reality with
the help of GOD. Let us Arise, and
posses that which is Ours. Biafra
shall live and not die. the time is
now. don't give up the fight. All the
external enemies couldn't crush
Biafra. Long Live Biafra. Freedom
has come. GOD is with us..

Another clueless, noise-making chest beater. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by olalekan1(m): 10:11pm On May 27, 2015
This matter is very simple, Kashamu should just go to the US and prove his innocence, he might even fine the US government later.

Yoruba unlike some other tribes dont sheild criminals, every man must answer for his crimes.

For those that are shouting that the crime was committed a long time ago; you people should know that in the US they keep record and also carry out torough investigation u like here in Nigeria.
Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by CyberWolf: 10:13pm On May 27, 2015
If kashamu was guilty,why was he set free by the British court? ..To me, this is just a personal vendetta being plotted by OBJ, nothing more..Anyway, it's Yoruba vs Yoruba, they can kill themselves there for all I care..None of my fvcking biz angry

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by madjune(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2015
I've never seen a bunch of clueless people like the NDLEA.
After their shoddy handling of Baba Suwe, I felt these people will learn.
It's now so obvious they're competing with Jonathan in cluelessness.
For God' sake, why couldn't they secure an arrest warant before embarking on the mission?
Now, can't they see that Buruji will vanish once they vacate that area?
Any good drug person operates like a rat; once they get an opening, they're gone.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence by JurassicPark: 10:16pm On May 27, 2015
NDLEA, what's all the initial stunt about?

Nigerian institutions amaze me..was there ever a Hollywood video shoot in Kashamu's residence?

Kashamu should watch it..as soon as they leave, search all nook and crannies before you get nailed with a clear evidence of banned substances planted there.

Those NDLEA mafia can be unscrupulous #FearThem undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why APC Suspended Amosun, Okorocha, Osita Okechukwu, Usani Usani / Kogi West : Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Dino Melaye’s Appeal / #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court Hearing Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.