Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move (1375 Views)

Ogun 2019 Governorship Tears Amosun, Osoba & Tinubu Apart - Daily Trust / Buruji Kasamu To Fayose: Leave Aisha Buhari Out Of Your Woes; Face The Issues / Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by OgunNewsFact: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
Though the event was tagged a Victory Party, those who attended last Saturday's 12th December get-together of the controversial senator and wanted drug baron of Ogun State, Prince Buruji Kasamu at his Ijebu Igbo country home returned with a new story; the race to Oke Mosan Governor's office might have started in earnest, and as we gathered Senator Buruji Kasamu has promised that nothing will stop him from occupying that office, which he was alleged to have said he needed so badly for his political "immunity".

The new game plan, according to sources who attended the event, became noticeable when during the party, secret messages were passed around for some selected leaders to wait behind for another meeting with the man some of his followers now address as 'Authority'.

What however made some people to be curious was that the message and invitation for the secret meeting was not extended to the Governorship flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the 2015 general elections, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka who is still fighting for the revalidation of his mandate before the Court of Appeal in Ibadan.

Close sources at the event however revealed that during the meeting which lasted several hours into the wee hours of Sunday morning, Kasamu hinted of a plan to set up a team to drive his governorship ambition for 2019 and the need to start that process very early enough because the task ahead is heavy especially on the need to drive positive image ahead of time. He was alleged to insist on building his political structure in the state around those elected members of the Ogun State House of Assembly and the only member of the House of Representatives who is still loyal to him, Hon. Segun Adekoya.

The decision to use those elected members, it was gathered, was Buruji's plan to gradually disengage from "those politicians whom he claimed he bought to work with him as they have the potential to also betray him at the last minute when the chips are down".

Besides, the source further claimed that Senator Buruji Kasamu had been complaining of the cost of maintaining these politicians, many of who have been unrelenting in their financial demands on him, but building his structure around some elected representatives who still have some means of income will lessen the financial burden on him (Kasamu), as according to him, "this is their payback time for all the financial supports he had given to all of them during their elections".

Meanwhile, it was gathered that some of those who attended the meeting were not too well disposed to this, as one of them, one of his closest ally and a small time pool merchant allegedly raised a subtle objection about the feasibility of the project and the political calculations in Ogun State against 2019.

He was said to have raised his objection on the ground that Buruji Kasamu is still standing trials on purported extradition request by the United States of America over some drug related offences with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and the Federal Government.

A source at the event however said Kasamu was visibly angry at this suggestion. "This was the first time he raised his voice at the meeting, shouting the man down. He said that was an affront on his claim as an Authority when it comes to the Nigerian judiciary and legal system, and he was disappointed that this is still being raised at this level by those he hope to build his political machine around; he said by doubting his capability they are already making the task ahead difficult for him".

He therefore allegedly revealed some of the efforts he had made to tie the hands of the courts and judges. He was said to have disclosed that all his legal victories do not come cheap, as he had to pay, not only lawyers, but judges too", while assuring them that there is nothing you cannot buy as far as the courts in Nigeria are concerned.

Quoting him: "all those judges have their prices, the amount varies based on the integrity of each of them. They are just like politicians too, you can buy them at different prices and they will keep dancing to your tunes the way you want. And as for the NDLEA, I have those who work for me there, they tell me whatever steps they want to take ahead, so I go before their next move to tie their hands and legs. I don't need to tell you what I have done with the Judicial Council, or what do you call their name? They are human beings, and they also need to take care of their family too. What we celebrated here today was as a result of the 'chains' I tie on the judicial council, even Buhari can not do anything". Kasamu allegedly said to his supporters.

Apart from that he was alleged to have said he had done all that are politically necessary ahead of time, and ask them if they ever hear the Attorney General mentioned anything on his extradition case since he was appointed.

Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by cleverg(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Who God has blessed,let no man blackmail him or else the accuser faces the wrath of God.
Nigerians don't care what some mischievous people said about Senator Buruji Kashamu because rumours are carried by enemies, spread by ignorance and accepted by fools without inquiries.
We are solidly behind Senator buruji, we'll. Willingly support him even if if want to contest to become the president of Nigeria in 2019.
They claim senator Kashamu bought his way into power.
How else do you get into power under the western
system of democracy which we have adopted? If we
are using Western system of government to elect the
wrong people to high office, maybe we should blame
the system and dump it. Kashamu did not invent
money bag politics. It is the same in the west.
America is worst on the planet for money bag
politics.
The Ukrainian boxer, Vitali Klitschko wanted to run
for the presidency of his country because he got
money bags from sport. Manny Pacquiao another
boxer is a member of the Philippine House of
Representatives, and George Wear is now a
successful politician in Liberia because he had money
to burn.
It is alleged that Sarkozy took money from Ghadafi to
fund political campaign and had him killed before he
could confirm it and now they want his son. Western
democracy is money bags democracy and politicians
are not always too scrupulous about the source of
their campaign funds.
Kashamu is a great philanthropist that has been rendering selfless service to humanity even before he joined politics. He is always there for his people before/during and after election. Kashamu is a man of the people. He is God sent. I must also thanks the poster for free publicity for Kashamu ahead of 2019.
Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by iCool(m): 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
End time politician
Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by cleverg(m): 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ibaje eniyan, ko da ise oluwa duro. Buruji!!! Buruji!!! Ekun Oko alaseju
Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by GovernorGeneral: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
The writer of this article is a liar and deceit so to say. Because all he had said was not true and does not happened. The writer only sat somewhere and picked up his pen and started writing rubbish and jargons in order to get the attention of the public through what I refer to as "NOTICE ME" syndrome.
But my advise to the writer is that no any means of defamation of character, insinuations and bad proclamation against Senator Kashamu can make the public to go away or dissociate themselves from the GOD CHOSEN man - Senator Prince Buruji Kashamu. I want the writer of this article to remember that "A ti d'ade Kiniun, ko s'eyin Olodumare". Binubinu ke ma binu, pegan pegan ke ma pegan......t''oluwa ni yio se.

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by GovernorGeneral: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
The writer of this article is a liar and deceit so to say. Because all he had said was not true and does not happened. The writer only sat somewhere and picked up his pen and started writing rubbish and jargons in order to get the attention of the public through what I refer to as "NOTICE ME" syndrome.
But my advise to the writer is that no any means of defamation of character, insinuations and bad proclamation against Senator Kashamu can make the public to go away or dissociate themselves from the GOD CHOSEN man - Senator Prince Buruji Kashamu. I want the writer of this article to remember that "A ti d'ade Kiniun, ko s'eyin Olodumare". Binubinu ke ma binu, pegan pegahn ke ma pegan......t''oluwa ni yio se.

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2019, Wanted Drug Kingpin, Buruji Kasamu Makes Move by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
cleverg:
Who God has blessed,let no man blackmail him or else the accuser faces the wrath of God.
Nigerians don't care what some mischievous people said about Senator Buruji Kashamu because rumours are carried by enemies, spread by ignorance and accepted by fools without inquiries.
We are solidly behind Senator buruji, we'll. Willingly support him even if if want to contest to become the president of Nigeria in 2019.
They claim senator Kashamu bought his way into power.
How else do you get into power under the western
system of democracy which we have adopted? If we
are using Western system of government to elect the
wrong people to high office, maybe we should blame
the system and dump it. Kashamu did not invent
money bag politics. It is the same in the west.
America is worst on the planet for money bag
politics.
The Ukrainian boxer, Vitali Klitschko wanted to run
for the presidency of his country because he got
money bags from sport. Manny Pacquiao another
boxer is a member of the Philippine House of
Representatives, and George Wear is now a
successful politician in Liberia because he had money
to burn.
It is alleged that Sarkozy took money from Ghadafi to
fund political campaign and had him killed before he
could confirm it and now they want his son. Western
democracy is money bags democracy and politicians
are not always too scrupulous about the source of
their campaign funds.
Kashamu is a great philanthropist that has been rendering selfless service to humanity even before he joined politics. He is always there for his people before/during and after election. Kashamu is a man of the people. He is God sent. I must also thanks the poster for free publicity for Kashamu ahead of 2019.
....you said Kashamu was God sent. Hmmmmmm. Na WA oooooo.

(1) (Reply)

What Has Dokpesi Done Wrong? / Photo: The Shiite Second Encounter With Buratai / Breaking NEWS!!.... EU Responds To Biafra Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.