Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Who Is An Igbo?definition - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is An Igbo?definition (7183 Views)

Ever Seen An Igbo Begging For Alms?(photo) / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 8:52pm On May 27, 2015
We understand the cultural evolution of people and migratory patterns of our forebears but as the society have evolved to this state there are things that we African must know ...this is not whiteman defnition of us but by us

There are people that are confused about how igbotic they are. I will love to use this medium to define what makes you an igbo person ..a tribe known for their ressilience and doggedness

An igbo is who both his parents are igbo or especially the father . Igbo land is patriachial and follows father line

An igbo is some one that comes from places that have four market days such as eke afo nkwo orie

An igbo is one that have an offor and ogu philosophy in their place or village

An igbo is someone that call land or earth goddess ani ,ana or ala

An igbo is some one that calls supreme being chukwu olisa or obasi

An igbo is one that celebrate kola...orji

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 27, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tobtap: 9:24pm On May 27, 2015
BOOKING TINZ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 8:01am On May 28, 2015
You have a hard-on for this 'who is Igbotic, who isn't Igbotic' stuff, don't you? That's all you ever talk about. undecided
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 8:54am On May 28, 2015
DO WE KNOW YOU?
Wulfruna:
You have a hard-on for this 'who is Igbotic, who isn't Igbotic' stuff, don't you? That's all you ever talk about. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 9:41am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
DO WE KNOW YOU?

Who is 'WE'? undecided
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 9:55am On May 28, 2015
We igbos. not you stranger..wanna be

Wulfruna:

Who is 'WE'? undecided
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 9:58am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
We igbos. not you stranger..wanna be

Wannabe? Wanna be WHAT? grin
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 10:00am On May 28, 2015
Juo Nne gi biko

Wulfruna:

Wannabe? Wanna be WHAT? grin
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 10:05am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
Juo Nne gi biko

Typical.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 10:11am On May 28, 2015
I REFFERED YOU TO THE BEST PERSON THAT WOULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS..BIKO, JUO NNE GI OGA ASA GI WHO IS IGBO MAYBE YOU ASK YOUR FATHER IF YOU FEEL THAT I AM NOT IN POSITION TO DEFINE WHO IS AN IGBO

DALU

Wulfruna:

Typical.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 10:20am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
I REFFERED YOU TO THE BEST PERSON THAT WOULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS..BIKO, JUO NNE GI OGA ASA GI WHO IS IGBO MAYBE YOU ASK YOUR FATHER IF YOU FEEL THAT I AM NOT IN POSITION TO DEFINE WHO IS AN IGBO

DALU

Who said you are not in a position to define who is Igbo? My question was why defining and redefining Igbo is what two-third of your comments on NL are about. Almost as if you feel Igbo nationhood is under threat and you have to save it by flooding NL with Igbo this, Igbo that comments/posts.

Is the Igbo nation under threat?

And why do you keep spicing your replies with Igbo words? Do you always assume strangers understand your language? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 10:30am On May 28, 2015
I have never redefined igbo and I am not in that position to do that, I just follow the laid norm and truism in igbo matters and mind you i am Igbo and too igbotic and I am proud of it, the way a french man spices french when speaking english that is the way i spice igbo because I am a proud igbo..ighotago and I know that we are not cowed, I guess you are from SS what ever that means those peeps have serious issues mana oburo hancha anyway

Who is threating igbo..what they could not achieve during the war time is it within the paece time of 2015 with over 40 million Igbo...the question is that other Nigerians especially these Niger Delta swamppy clans have fear and threatened of Igbo swallowing them...nne it is the other way round...we Igbo especially pure breds are known to be proud and never cowed..ina aghota

I hope that uche gi di ya...nne...ngwa

if you aint igbo so why are you interested on who is igbo...the thread is for those that are bit confused on their igboness..those that bear Ngozi, Emeka yet are confused..those the igbo call Efulefu that needs rehab but if you aint Igbo nne, you dont need to worry

this thread aint for you

Wulfruna:

Who said you are not in a position to define who is Igbo? My question was why defining and redefining Igbo is what two-third of your comments on NL are about. Almost as if you feel Igbo nationhood is under threat and you have to save it by flooding NL with Igbo this, Igbo that comments/posts.

Is the Igbo nation under threat?

And why do you keep spicing your replies with Igbo words? Do you always assume strangers understand your language? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 10:40am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
I have never redefined igbo and I am not in that position to do that, I just follow the laid norm and truism in igbo matters and mind you i am Igbo and too igbotic and I am proud of it, the way a french man spices french when speaking english that is the way i spice igbo because I am a proud igbo..ighotago and I know that we are not cowed, I guess you are from SS what ever that means those peeps have serious issues mana oburo hancha anyway

Who is threating igbo..what they could not achieve during the war time is it within the paece time of 2015 with over 40 million Igbo...the question is that other Nigerians especially these Niger Delta swamppy clans have fear and threatened of Igbo swallowing them...nne it is the other way round...we Igbo especially pure breds are known to be proud and never cowed..ina aghota

I hope that uche gi di ya...nne...ngwa

if you aint igbo so why are you interested on who is igbo...the thread is for those that are bit confused on their igboness..those that bear Ngozi, Emeka yet are confused..those the igbo call Efulefu that needs rehab but if you aint Igbo nne, you dont need to worry

this thread aint for you

grin grin grin

I'm screwing with you and it's working!

I should try this trolling thing more often.

grin grin grin
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 10:42am On May 28, 2015
Okay, seriously. You just said in your last post that we SS folks have issues. Can you outline our issues?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 10:49am On May 28, 2015
YOU AINT SCREWING WITH ME..YOU ARE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF DEAR.....TROLLING AINT MATURITY BUT NUISSANCE
Wulfruna:

grin grin grin

I'm screwing with you and it's working!

I should try this trolling thing more often.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 11:06am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
YOU AINT SCREWING WITH ME..YOU ARE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF DEAR.....TROLLING AINT MATURITY BUT NUISSANCE

There's only one 's' in 'nuisance', Mr Maturity. grin

And why haven't you answered the question I asked you on your female circumcision thread?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 11:18am On May 28, 2015
oh, you were the young lad that asked that question..what was it again pls remind me.....i am a bit busy here kinda multi tasking...so what was that question again

nwa mbamiri ...nne gwa m
Wulfruna:

There's only one 's' in 'nuisance', Mr Maturity. grin

And why haven't you answered the question I asked you on your female circumcision thread?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 11:44am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
oh, you were the young lad that asked that question..what was it again pls remind me.....i am a bit busy here kinda multi tasking...so what was that question again

nwa mbamiri ...nne gwa m

No, you are not a bit busy. You've been coming back on this post with replies really fast. You had enough time to dig up comments I made weeks ago.

You do not want to address that mess of your thread. You're trying to save face with the 'I'm busy' line.

Bye...nwa mbaala.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 11:51am On May 28, 2015
hmmm..odiegwu..... ebere gi ugwu

ka ibu oke ikpu

Wulfruna:

No, you are not a bit busy. You've been coming back on this post with replies really fast. You had enough time to dig up comments I made weeks ago.

You do not want to address that mess of your thread. You're trying to save face with the 'I'm busy' line.

Bye...nwa mbaala.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 12:27pm On May 28, 2015
Wulfruna:

Bye...nwa mbaala.

obele ndi
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tonychristopher: 12:28pm On May 28, 2015
Wulfruna:

Bye...nwa mbaala.

obele nsi
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 2:06pm On May 28, 2015
^ You are a joke, I swear. An unfunny, pitiable joke.

So, you made a childish comment at 11:51. I rolled my eyes and ignored it. Then you came back over 30 minutes later, and dropped another even more childish comment, hoping to get my attention. Bored much? Need someone to talk to, you bored lonely man?

What happened to being a bit busy, eh? grin

And, erm, when you typed 'obele ndi' instead of 'obele nsi', you could have used the modify button, instead of making a whole new comment. What are we now, IT-challenged?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 30, 2015
Wulfruna:
^ You are a joke, I swear. An unfunny, pitiable joke.

So, you made a childish comment at 11:51. I rolled my eyes and ignored it. Then you came back over 30 minutes later, and dropped another even more childish comment, hoping to get my attention. Bored much? Need someone to talk to, you bored lonely man?

What happened to being a bit busy, eh? grin

And, erm, when you typed 'obele ndi' instead of 'obele nsi', you could have used the modify button, instead of making a whole new comment. What are we now, IT-challenged?

wow congrats for your new title:
Obele Nsi 1 of Nairaland.

I am enjoying your conversation with Mr Tony.

Keep the ball rolling.

Once more congrats Obele Nsi 1.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 7:51pm On May 30, 2015
adeitoro:

wow congrats for your new title:
Obele Nsi 1 of Nairaland.

I am enjoying your conversation with Mr Tony.

Keep the ball rolling.

Once more congrats Obele Nsi 1.

Kedukwa ebe akpu oru nke a si makaputa? grin

Biko si uzo a *pointing towards the exit* na m na gi enwero okwu. Onye m na ya ji okwu bu OP. Biko kupu! angry
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by ChinenyeN(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2015
Wulfruna:
Biko si uzo a *pointing towards the exit* na m na gi enwero okwu. Onye m na ya ji okwu bu OP. Biko kupu! angry

You speak?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by snowland(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2015
Beauty of Igbo Wedding...Just love the tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPtfR5d1CJ0

2 Likes

Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by tpiadotcom: 8:37pm On May 30, 2015
make una know una state capitals though?

is that not important.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Wulfruna(f): 9:14pm On May 30, 2015
ChinenyeN:

You speak?

Oddly enough, it is the only Nigerian language I speak tolerably well... Thanks to the Nigerians I surround myself with. smiley

I did spend a bit of time in PH, but that isn't where I picked the lingo.
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 30, 2015
Wulfruna:

hawu aha otutu kwesiri gi,

if you don't know it takes alot to be Obele nsi 1

ihe eji awu obele nsi ka nku.

Thank me later when you discover the prestige attached to that name.

Obele Nsi 1
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by ChinenyeN(m): 2:54am On May 31, 2015
Wulfruna:
Oddly enough, it is the only Nigerian language I speak tolerably well... Thanks to the Nigerians I surround myself with. smiley
I did spend a bit of time in PH, but that isn't where I picked the lingo.

Interesting. Where did you pick it up, if you don't mind my asking?
Re: Who Is An Igbo?definition by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:08am On Jun 02, 2015
tonychristopher:
hmmm..odiegwu..... ebere gi ugwu

ka ibu oke ikpu

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Annang People Of Akwa Ibom State / Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans / Myths About Nigerian Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.