Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup (1736 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa! / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 27, 2015
South Africa paid $10 million in bribes to secure the 2010 World Cup - and the cash was transferred via a FIFA account, according to the US attorney general's full indictment against 14 FIFA officials.
The money was allegedly paid to former FIFA members Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer. A separate cash payment in 10,000-dollar stacks was collected from a hotel room in Paris from a high-ranking South African bid committee official.
The indictment claims Warner was offered $1 million by South Africa's rival bid, Morocco, but Blazer "learned from Jack Warner that high-ranking officials of FIFA, the South African government, and the South African bid committee, were prepared to arrange for the government of South Africa to pay $10 million to 'support the African diaspora.'
Blazer "understood the offer to be in exchange for World Cup votes" but later "learned that the South Africans were unable to arrange for the payment to be made directly from government funds". Blazer was to personally benefit to the tune of 1million dollars.
The indictment adds: "Arrangements were thereafter made with FIFA officials to instead have the 10million dollars sent from FIFA - using funds that would otherwise have gone from FIFA to South Africa to support the World Cup - to CFU [Caribbean Football Union].
"In fact, on January 2, 2008, January 31, 2008 and March 7, 2008, a high-ranking FIFA official caused payments ... totaling $10 million - to be wired from a FIFA account in Switzerland to a Bank of America correspondent account in New York ... controlled by Jack Warner."
Blazer was paid $750,000 by Warner but never received the full amount of the $1 million he had been promised.

More... http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/fifa-corruption-indictment-south-africa-world-cup-bid-worth-10-million-052715
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 27, 2015
lalasticlala please do the needful
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 27, 2015
I no talk am?
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by TrishaP(f): 10:17pm On May 27, 2015
Now we know.
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by psucc(m): 10:26pm On May 27, 2015
While the dog has the face of the thief, the cat steals more.

At the mention of bribery, all fingers and eyes point to Nigeria while the rest of the world are saints.

Nigeria's other name is corruption. And today we know better.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2015
psucc:

At the mention of bribery, all fingers and eyes point to Nigeria while the rest of the world are saints.

What do you know nigerian?
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2015
The problem of "almighty" started when they lost to host wc to Qatar, in 2004 SA also went through the same pain, but we never arrested fifa officials like almighty. they must learn to accept a loss. I don't buy the story of the biggest lossers in the world angry. According to their actions Qatar it doesn't deserve to host wc because it is too small to beat al...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9250612.stm
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 12:31am On May 28, 2015
Sepp Blatter gave african,midle east, and asian countries a chance to host wold cup, now they hate sepp blatter and fifa. Before Sepp Blatter,world cup was hosted by europe and american countries, no one investicated them. Now is our time, the world police must go to h....

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by 12large1: 3:22am On May 28, 2015
This is clearly a case of European and USA superpower annoyed with the fact that Blatter has given underdevelop or 3 world countries a platform to speak. Usa and england are just angry that they wasn't awarded the rights to host the world cup of 2018 and 2022 so they try to pick on small nations. I am not defending FIFA corrupt policies but how come USA 1994 bid or Germany 2006 wasn't investigated if you do your research you will find out that there were some shady involvements in those bids, even the so called 2018 and 2022 the USA and england also bribed but they were outbribed

1 Like

Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by canuck(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2015
FIFA's financial impropriety stinks to the high heavens, and it has been widely known to be like that for many years. Why now?

Hmmm. . .SO stealing is corruption after all cheesy

Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2015
canuck:
FIFA's financial impropriety stinks to the high heavens, and it has been widely known to be like that for many years. Why now?

Hmmm. . .SO stealing is corruption after all cheesy

America lost to Qatar, now they create stories. According to them, Qatar is too small to beat them, I don't buy their story. More enemies, less chances to host WC. America must learn to listen to the world, not europe alone. I support caf decisions to support Blatter. More friends, more chances to win. Now they uses their police to arrest all fifa members in order for them to gain control of fifa undecided
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 2:05pm On May 28, 2015
World Police grin grin "My left foot" grin
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 28, 2015
This isn't just about South Africa.

FIFA seem to have been hiding their dirty laundry behind closed doors for quite a while now.

Arrests are being made, and just this morning on BBC, I heard that a sports company has been implicated too, with many pointing accusing fingers at NIKE.

Normally any association with FIFA would be seen as a big positive for a sports company, but now following the latest corruption scandal anyone who ever had any dealings with FIFA is scrambling to distance themselves from any fallout or collateral damage.

We just have to watch as the drama unfolds, my earnest wish is that Blatter get kicked out at the end of the day.
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2015
America lost to Qatar, since that time. They started to call their police for help grin, I don't buy their story, with their police. A small country beat them, now they are crying grin they must cry alone, We also cried alone in 2004, why they arrest fifa member after losing to Qatar? The answear is they are crying, spot isn't a fight, they must deal with that pain without arresting Fifa members, end of the story.
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
I always support america, but this time No. Firstly they aren't world police, they must not complain after defeat. I will be the one who support them if they weren't defeated by Qatar, Now is like a war, because they lost. I only see the crying nation, which isn't good. Spot is all about entertainment. We don't want to see fifa members treated like this. America and some european countries must stop this. Fifa members must feel free to do their work. I will always support fifa on this one.
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2015
putin has even said that usa is interfering in football matters. Now lets see how this goes cos usa isnt the only world power in the world,
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by khattab02: 8:30pm On May 28, 2015
psucc:

grin grin grin

I love this ya intro...
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by khattab02: 8:48pm On May 28, 2015
Is FiFa corrupt? Is Fifa corrupt??

Them say '' if breeze blow na then fowl yansh go open''

cross legged and waiting for more story to come...

# is Fifa corrupt??

grin
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 11:17pm On May 28, 2015
Fifa isn't corrupt, America and some european countries want to own fifa, they don't accept a defeat especially from small country like Qatar, Now they use their own police to bad name Fifa. They are trying to disturb fifa elections, hijacking fifa member will never help them to host world cup. That action we call it "toyi toyi" in SA, but america is using government officials to display their complain of not hosting the world cup.
Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by Nobody: 9:10am On May 29, 2015
MPSA:
Fifa isn't corrupt, America and some european countries want to own fifa, they don't accept a defeat especially from small country like Qatar, Now they use their own police to bad name Fifa. They are trying to disturb fifa elections, hijacking fifa member will never help them to host world cup. That action we call it "toyi toyi" in SA, but america is using government officials to display their complain of not hosting the world cup.

You don't know what you're saying. I'm sure this baseless assertion of yours is only surfacing because your country got indicted in the current scandal.

FIFA has been corrupt since time immemorial, so stop dropping hot air here.

In 2012, a swiss prosecutor found that while Havelange - former FIFA president, was in office, he and a member of FIFA's powerful executive committee who was once married to Havelange's daughter, took as much as $23m bribes from a marketing company between 1992 and 2000. In exchange, the marketing company got to buy and sell broadcast rights to the World Cup.

Blatter was Havelange's former right-hand man, and FIFA elected him president in 1998. He knew about Havelange's deeds. Since his election, allegations of corruption have dogged him. A 2002 book, How They Stole The Game, alleged that Blatter bought votes with envelopes of cash in order to engineer a victory over Lennart Johansson, who said FIFA should be more transparent and accountable.

FIFA elections are done in secret ballot, but countries tend to vote in geographic blocs. Before the election, Johansson, who is from Sweden, believed he had support from Europe and Africa, while Blatter had support from Asia and the Americas.

Blatter allegedly paid $50,000 to African countries to vote in his favor. Blatter doesn't deny that money changed hands, but said it was an advance on development money that the countries were supposed to get anyway as part of their World Cup revenue share.

The scandals plaguing FIFA's top leadership aren't just limited to Havelange and Blatter. Jack Warner, the former president of CONCACAF, has a dizzying suite of scandals all his own. He resigned in 2011, accused of bribing officials to vote against Blatter in a FIFA presidential election.

The likes of Issa Hayatou are licking the butt of Blatter, recieving cash in envelopes and recieving security of tenure.

I could go on and on. It's only laughable watching you assert that there's no corruption in FIFA when it's obvious Blatter and co puts the C in corruption.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Corruption:- South Africa Paid $10 Million To Host World Cup by MPSA(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2015
AirborneLacer:

You don't know what you're saying. I'm sure this baseless assertion of yours is only surfacing because your country got indicted in the current scandal.

FIFA has been corrupt since time immemorial, so stop dropping hot air here.

In 2012, a swiss prosecutor found that while Havelange - former FIFA president, was in office, he and a member of FIFA's powerful executive committee who was once married to Havelange's daughter, took as much as $23m bribes from a marketing company between 1992 and 2000. In exchange, the marketing company got to buy and sell broadcast rights to the World Cup.

Blatter was Havelange's former right-hand man, and FIFA elected him president in 1998. He knew about Havelange's deeds. Since his election, allegations of corruption have dogged him. A 2002 book, How They Stole The Game, alleged that Blatter bought votes with envelopes of cash in order to engineer a victory over Lennart Johansson, who said FIFA should be more transparent and accountable.

FIFA elections are done in secret ballot, but countries tend to vote in geographic blocs. Before the election, Johansson, who is from Sweden, believed he had support from Europe and Africa, while Blatter had support from Asia and the Americas.

Blatter allegedly paid $50,000 to African countries to vote in his favor. Blatter doesn't deny that money changed hands, but said it was an advance on development money that the countries were supposed to get anyway as part of their World Cup revenue share.

The scandals plaguing FIFA's top leadership aren't just limited to Havelange and Blatter. Jack Warner, the former president of CONCACAF, has a dizzying suite of scandals all his own. He resigned in 2011, accused of bribing officials to vote against Blatter in a FIFA presidential election.

The likes of Issa Hayatou are licking the butt of Blatter, recieving cash in envelopes and recieving security of tenure.

I could go on and on. It's only laughable watching you assert that there's no corruption in FIFA when it's obvious Blatter and co puts the C in corruption.

I respect your opinion, But SA isn't guilty, and we don't need world police confirmation.
http://m.ewn.co.za/2015/05/29/Mbeki-joins-defending-govt-over-Fifa-scandal

(1) (Reply)

Which Website Can I Watch Leagues Free Pls / Today HOT!!! 2.00 Odds Tips 28/09/2017 / Enyimba: We Are Not After Ghana's WAFU Cup Winning Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.