Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,039 members, 7,845,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect (537 Views)

Solomon Dalung Drinking Tea With Bread At Bauchi Road Motor Park, Jos / TSA: You Speak Like A ‘tout’...fayose's Aide Blasts Lai Mohamed / I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by talk2smat(m): 12:20am On May 28, 2015
The Benue State incoming Governor, Chief Samuel Ortom, has described his experience as a motor park tout and his election as governor as a divine arrangement and the handiwork of God. Ortom, who bared his mind to The PUNCH in an exclusive chat in Makurdi, said his elevation from grass to grace was due to hard work and his firm believe in God.

He said, “My journey from being a motor park tout to an elected governor is purely a divine arrangement. I cast my mind back to when I dropped out of school in Form 2 but I remained hardworking and I did not engage in crime to survive. “One thing I know is that hard work pays and you must keep faith with God; power belongs to God and He alone gives it to whoever He will.” The former Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment said he had dropped out of school in Form 2 due to lack of funds but this did not force him to engage in criminal activities to survive.

Ortom, however, noted that the selection process of the PDP delegates in the last party’s primary in the state was manipulated by the party leadership intentionally to thwart his ambition of becoming the next governor. He said the party also frustrated the support of the Benue populace who supported him. He said, “The process of selection of delegates in the last PDP governorship election was manipulated by the leadership of the party to thwart my ambition and frustrate the people who all supported me. But God vindicated me and blessed me, and now I am an elected governor.”

Credit: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-a-motor-park-tout-benue-gov-elect/

Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by 1N9a: 12:21am On May 28, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by Maczeelly(m): 12:25am On May 28, 2015
Success Story.......I will soon share mine also
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by danielChigozie(m): 12:37am On May 28, 2015
Govenor elect, dnt lie, kep short and tink on hw to develop benue state.
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by laurel03(m): 12:49am On May 28, 2015
Success story dey sweet
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by Sparrow13: 1:30am On May 28, 2015
the only tout we know is from Ekiti
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by donphilopus: 1:36am On May 28, 2015
danielChigozie:

The guy ain't lying. In fact, when he was nominated as a Minister in 2011 and they were being cleared at the floor of the Senate, he was asked to bow and go after narrating the story of his life to the Senators. Senator Edobor Ehigie Uzamere from Edo South moved the motion that he be allowed to bow and go after his 'touching' life story that 'moved' the Senators!
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by nationwide1(m): 1:45am On May 28, 2015
danielChigozie:
His story is true.

Long before he became a governor elect, my friends from Benue told me his story.

Not all success stories are lies.
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:26am On May 28, 2015
So, why are you telling us now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect by eagleeye2: 3:38am On May 28, 2015
Hope he won't behave like a tout when he assumes office

(1) (Reply)

Do Ex-ministers Enjoy Any Form Of Financial Benefit From Govt? / All You Need To Know About The New Secretary To The Government Of Federation. / Many Injured In Imo Police, MASSOB Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.