Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,136 members, 7,867,282 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

Court Refuses To Stop Wike's Swearing-in - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Refuses To Stop Wike's Swearing-in (290 Views)

Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi / Court Refuses Application To Stop Wike’s Swearing In / Amaechi IntendsTo Buy A Court Injunction To Stop Wike's Swearing In - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Refuses To Stop Wike's Swearing-in by Tundegoldspage(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2015
the Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday refused an application to stop the Chief Judge of Bayelsa State, Justice Kate Abiru, from swearing in the Rivers State Governor-elect, Chief Nyesom Wike, on May 29, 2015.
Justice Ibrahim Buba, while turning down the application, said granting such would amount to “adding insult upon the injury” of the people of Rivers State, who currently “have no judiciary”.
The judge held that though the applicants had a meritorious cause of action because the issues bordered on the sanctity of the constitution, granting their ex parte application may occasion a state of anarchy in Rivers State.
“I am of the firm view that no court should make the order ex parte to further compound the problems in Rivers State,” Buba held.
The applicants are three..
Read details here: http://www.tundegold.com/2015/05/court-refuses-to-stop-wikes-swearing-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Over Expectations From GMB Admin...can He Succeed? / What Do You Think...? / Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.