Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi (41372 Views)

Biafra: Why I’m Flouting Bail Conditions – Nnamdi Kanu / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants / Amaechi: Wike’s Probe A Sham, Fraudulent Witch-hunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
The immediate past governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi, has again explained why he is opposed to and wants to stop the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by his successor, Nyesom Wike to probe some selected government transactions, while he (Mr. Amaechi) was governor.
In a statement released by the former governor’s media office Sunday, Mr. Amaechi said he’s not afraid of a fair and decent probe or investigation or inquiry of his administration; and would cooperate and support such probe or investigation or inquiry in as much as it’s done within the ambit of our laws.
The statement continues:

“However what Wike has set out to do is anything but a fair probe. The commission will not be fair to Amaechi because it was set up to indict him. Wike had repeatedly held that Amaechi, the person to be investigated, acted illegally in the disbursement of public funds and that Amaechi ran a corrupt government. Clearly, Wike has prejudged the matter and showed his bias that Amaechi is guilty even before investigations. This means Wike, with his prejudiced, made up mind has taken a position of a guilty verdict even before the outcome is known or established.

“The same Wike who had adjudged the yet-to-be-investigated conduct of Amaechi as illegal and Amaechi as corrupt, is the same person that has gone ahead to set up a commission of inquiry and will have the final say on the findings of the commission. What a sham!”

“This bias and predetermined agenda to indict Amaechi is obvious even in the terms of reference of the commission. In one of the defective terms of reference, Wike said the Commission should investigate the circumstances that led to the ‘sale of the state Hotel Olympia’.

“With a fair and decent probe, the Inquiry should have been ‘to examine (or investigate) the transaction concerning Hotel Olympia’. The difference is so clear: In the former, jaundiced Wike’s Term of Reference, it has been prejudiced and concluded that the Hotel was sold, while in the latter, the Inquiry is open and fair, and may lead to a finding of a sale or a lease or even a gift or even a pledge.

“Now, having so concluded that Hotel Olympia was sold, would Wike be decent and humble enough to reverse himself if documents showed it was never sold but concessioned or leased?

“This is one of the dangers of Wike’s commission that harbours a predetermined outcome in the name of an Inquiry and Amaechi will not subject himself to Wike’s deceit and phony shenanigans. Hotel Olympia was never sold. The hotel was only concessioned (or leased) on the approval of the State Executive Council and not sold.”

“Even while inaugurating his yeoman commission of Inquiry, Wike could not conceal his vendetta agenda. He was clear to the panel members that their job is to indict Amaechi. And to do this his dirty hack job, he got Justice G. O. Omereji (the commission chairman), a man who is well known to harbour a long-held, extreme anger, hatred and animosity against former Governor Amaechi. And Justice Omereji has never disguised this his stance and disposition towards Amaechi.

“As a matter of fact, Justice Omereji even advised a former Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) chairman in Rivers State on measures (to take) against then Governor Amaechi. He had expressed his hatred for Amaechi several times to the NBA chairman who was also an Attorney-General of Rivers State. How can we now expect Justice Omereji to be fair to Amaechi, the person he passionately loathes with extreme malice and venom?”

“Anyone who has been following events in Rivers State knows this Wike probe is just a fraudulent sham, a deceptive mission to indict Amaechi. Wike’s one-point agenda is to go after his predecessor. Immediately Wike took over, he made a show and gave a performance of his false accusations that Amaechi stripped the Governor’s Lodge bare, saying that the former governor stole spoons, plates, knives, cups, mattresses, forks and even curtains from the Governor’s Lodge!
“However, in the images Wike showed to back his lies, the curtains in the lodge were clearly there, seen and intact. Again, Wike claimed he met a completely empty treasury. That again is another big lie and grand deception.

“This Wike’s probe is dead on arrival. It’s ill-conceived and ill-motivated. Wike’s probe is designed to twist and distort, or even completely alter selected legitimate government transactions in his desperation to cook up, and fabricate sham cases of corruption against Amaechi.

“Finally, Amaechi will continue to use every constitutional and legal means available to protect his name and image from this massive smear campaign, State-sponsored onslaught against him by Wike led government whose sole agenda is a desperate search for a Rotimi Amaechi political downfall.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188852-why-im-fighting-to-stop-wikes-probe-of-my-administration-amaechi.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by ckmayoca: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Warldbest(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
wike is winning, cheesy

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Heromaniaa: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
guilty conscience fears accusation

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by CBNIM: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Aiit
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Princess042(f): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
This present administration is just so funny.......
Everyone is just pointing hands......

9 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by c33b33(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi do not worry Lagos-Ibadan expressway journalists will help you wail since your image laundering concert did not work.

You never start Rotimi;with your own mouth you say the state is broke, Wike will find it hard to rule. When you hear probe,your story has changed. If you can account on how you got the money to become Buhari's campaign ATM and quietly tell those foreign banks to return the stolen money then your problem maybe reduced.

Gov Nyesom Wike,I repeat make this probe proceedings public,give Rotimi and Rivers residents a fair hearing.

IPOB Youth

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
what hypocrisy
simseg01:
The immediate past governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi, has again explained why he is opposed to and wants to stop the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by his successor, Nyesom Wike to probe some selected government transactions, while he (Mr. Amaechi) was governor.
In a statement released by the former governor’s media office Sunday, Mr. Amaechi said he’s not afraid of a fair and decent probe or investigation or inquiry of his administration; and would cooperate and support such probe or investigation or inquiry in as much as it’s done within the ambit of our laws.
The statement continues:
“However what Wike has set out to do is anything but a fair probe. [b]The commission will not be fair to Amaechi because it was set up to indict him. Wike had repeatedly held that Amaechi, the person to be investigated, acted illegally in the disbursement of public funds and that Amaechi ran a corrupt government. Clearly, Wike has prejudged the matter and showed his bias that Amaechi is guilty even before investigations. This means Wike, with his prejudiced, made up mind has taken a position of a guilty verdict even before the outcome is known or established.[\b]
“The same Wike who had adjudged the yet-to-be-investigated conduct of Amaechi as illegal and Amaechi as corrupt, is the same person that has gone ahead to set up a commission of inquiry and will have the final say on the findings of the commission. What a sham!”
“This bias and predetermined agenda to indict Amaechi is obvious even in the terms of reference of the commission. In one of the defective terms of reference, Wike said the Commission should investigate the circumstances that led to the ‘sale of the state Hotel Olympia’.
“With a fair and decent probe, the Inquiry should have been ‘to examine (or investigate) the transaction concerning Hotel Olympia’. The difference is so clear: In the former, jaundiced Wike’s Term of Reference, it has been prejudiced and concluded that the Hotel was sold, while in the latter, the Inquiry is open and fair, and may lead to a finding of a sale or a lease or even a gift or even a pledge.
“Now, having so concluded that Hotel Olympia was sold, would Wike be decent and humble enough to reverse himself if documents showed it was never sold but concessioned or leased?
“This is one of the dangers of Wike’s commission that harbours a predetermined outcome in the name of an Inquiry and Amaechi will not subject himself to Wike’s deceit and phony shenanigans. Hotel Olympia was never sold. The hotel was only concessioned (or leased) on the approval of the State Executive Council and not sold.”
“Even while inaugurating his yeoman commission of Inquiry, Wike could not conceal his vendetta agenda. He was clear to the panel members that their job is to indict Amaechi. And to do this his dirty hack job, he got Justice G. O. Omereji (the commission chairman), a man who is well known to harbour a long-held, extreme anger, hatred and animosity against former Governor Amaechi. And Justice Omereji has never disguised this his stance and disposition towards Amaechi.
“As a matter of fact, Justice Omereji even advised a former Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) chairman in Rivers State on measures (to take) against then Governor Amaechi. He had expressed his hatred for Amaechi several times to the NBA chairman who was also an Attorney-General of Rivers State. How can we now expect Justice Omereji to be fair to Amaechi, the person he passionately loathes with extreme malice and venom?”
“Anyone who has been following events in Rivers State knows this Wike probe is just a fraudulent sham, a deceptive mission to indict Amaechi. Wike’s one-point agenda is to go after his predecessor. Immediately Wike took over, he made a show and gave a performance of his false accusations that Amaechi stripped the Governor’s Lodge bare, saying that the former governor stole spoons, plates, knives, cups, mattresses, forks and even curtains from the Governor’s Lodge!
“However, in the images Wike showed to back his lies, the curtains in the lodge were clearly there, seen and intact. Again, Wike claimed he met a completely empty treasury. That again is another big lie and grand deception.
“This Wike’s probe is dead on arrival. It’s ill-conceived and ill-motivated. Wike’s probe is designed to twist and distort, or even completely alter selected legitimate government transactions in his desperation to cook up, and fabricate sham cases of corruption against Amaechi.
“Finally, Amaechi will continue to use every constitutional and legal means available to protect his name and image from this massive smear campaign, State-sponsored onslaught against him by Wike led government whose sole agenda is a desperate search for a Rotimi Amaechi political downfall.”
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188852-why-im-fighting-to-stop-wikes-probe-of-my-administration-amaechi.html
So judging from the bolded assertion, whatever investigation APC makes will be biased too since they already concluded that Gej's government is corrupt courtesy of Adams oshomole who happens to be part of the committee responsible for the investigation

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Why is their no relevant comment than ok and aiit..

Cc.lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Amaechi's explanations are indeed thought provoking hence need judicial consideration.

This is the same thing with National Economic Council probe on five year income accrued to Federation Account under Jonathan headed by the loose-nut running mount Governor, Adams Oshimhole but thank goodness private forensic auditors were contracted.

Rivers State needs the same neutral body to be appointed to protect Amaechi from being condemned before hearing his side of the story if indeed the investigation is unavoidable

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
If Wike is sincere, the commission should be headed by a judge that is not from Rivers State or even the South South. When Amaechi set up his own commission upon becoming Governor in 2007, it was headed by the retired judge of the Supreme Court, Late Justice Kayode Esho. The commission sat in Abuja.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by ogba20: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Heromaniaa:
guilty conscience fears accusation
what is this ranting all about just for the outcome since you didn't steal but took property.[left][/left]
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ameachi my guy...Wicked Wike dare not probe you 'cos he too knows he has skeletons in his cupboard.

Meanwhile you should let him know that if his 'probing' symptoms persists for more than three days he should use the undersigned. wink

9 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by sweatlana: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
So if wike does not probe ameachi who else wil undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Firefire(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi, relax we the defender of democracy will ensure your trial is free and fair and within the ambient of the law.

You got nothing to fear.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Story... He should prepare to go to jail... The dau-ra dau-llard will be happy to use him as an example.

We do not need Wike or a Magician to tell us that a huge amount of the government fund was misappropriated... [s] Fund you use sponsor presidential campaign [/s]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by kennyman2000(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by kenbee(f): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Truth be told, which Nigerian Politician does not have skeletons in their cupboard?
But Amechi's own was with so much impunity. I support Gov Wike on this!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Barselonia(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Okayyy
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by doublewisdom: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
The guilty are afraid!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by SaiBuharii: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
LION OF SOUTH SOUTH. The people behind you are more than the enemies. Gbosa for our future minister under Buhari regime...by popular demand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by qualityovenbake(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wike should provide facts and evidence. Any guilty politicians must return all the embezzled money.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by kayo80(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
The fact is every single Nigerian politician has a cockroach in his cupboard.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by adonbilivit: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Amaechi just let him probe u. your haters will be shamed if u are found clean at d end of d day. take a cue from GEJ, he is not trying to stop Buhari from probing him

3 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
story for the gods...amaechi is just a crazed hypocrite...

7 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by stanogb(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
ok
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by sirwilli(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok na
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by robosky02(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
ok
Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by hardywaltz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
Amaechi the Lion
We will always miss u....

3 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by seunwen2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
wike is sick

click like if you agree

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by yungpowers(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
long story

5 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi by Scream(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
Truth stands straight like an erect phallus... If Amaechi has nothing to hide, let the probe go on. They're all thieves.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Saraki's Son Didn't Spray Dollar Notes On Strippers: Media Group Dismisses Video / Peter Obi Pays Visit To The Olubadan Of Ibadan In Oyo State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.