Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,907 members, 7,863,115 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

What You Must Know About The New LG Created In Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What You Must Know About The New LG Created In Osun State (1009 Views)

Aregbesola Inspects Ongoing Projects In Osun State / Aregbesola Commissions New Yam Market In Osun / Fuel Scarcity in Osun State - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Must Know About The New LG Created In Osun State by bilms(m): 9:39am On May 28, 2015
With the reported approval granted by the Osun State House of Assembly under our Honourable Man who is the Leader of that Parliament, Osun now has 69 local councils Authority making the poor State to be the first State in Nigeria with highest number of local councils, more than Lagos where civilisation began, Oyo State where Osun State was carved out and even Kano which has the highest population in Nigeria. This is contrary to widespread 66 figure that many Analysts have been quoting. The statement endorsing the decision of the House stated that there are 2 newly created Area Offices in addition to the 36 fresh Development Councils. With existing 30 local governments and an Area Office in Ife East, The practicality is that Osun now has 69 Councils.
With this very strange upsurge, Osun is the first State with highest local government centres in Nigeria and indeed throughout Africa. The Speaker reportedly said that the strange creation is to achieve administrative conveniences but I beg to disagree that we can't possibly contemplate convenience in already collapsed local government administration in Osun State.
Workers of the existing 30 local councils have only received salary twice in 2015 and the Government still think it is wise to create more liability councils.
No matter how uncomfortable the public feels about this decision, We can not stop it because this is an executive bill that was initiated by Governor Aregbesola. So it is as good as effective as we speak.
I marvel whether Government will still provide take off grants for these new system with borrowed loan which attracts payable interest. When I see the level of underdevelopment in my immediate Constituency despite that we have about 3 different substantive local governments, I can predict that the action of the Osun Parliament is by far unhelpful to the State. Rather than encourage Aregbesola to stop ruling in all the local governments by proxy with Mr Governor's refusal to conduct local government election since almost 5 years, The APC House of Assembly has hurriedly given leeway for the APC Party to discretion-ally give free food to idle Cronies who will play game with scarce resources.
God save Osun State!! Please let us still advice the Honourable Speaker and register our opinion notwithstanding!!!

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Inauguration Speech / Ortom: Portrait Of APC Governor Selected On Fraud / Jeb Bush Officially Launches White House Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.