Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest (724 Views)

Bombs Rain On Maiduguri As Boko Haram Fighters Attempt To Overrun The City / Boko Haram: Army Dismisses Shekau's New Video.. / Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by midolian(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2015
For their failure to overrun Sambisa forest, the Nigerian Army at the Rukuba Barracks in Jos, Plateau State, has reportedly dismissed about 200 soldiers from service. The dismissed soldiers were accused of cowardice and laxity in the line of duty.

Agunloye Sunday, an indigene of Ondo State and one of the affected soldiers, confirmed their dismissal to newsmen in Jos, adding that they were tried on a two-count charge of “failure to perform military duty and disobedience to standing order.”

Sunday however vowed that him and his colleagues would challenge the action of the Army in court, as the charges were “untrue, false and malicious.”

According to him, the charge by the Army authorities that they abandoned their duties and ran away was not true, arguing that sufficient weapons were not provided for them to fight the terrorists, therefore, they ran out of weapons. He alleged that the weapons provided for the troops were obsolete.

“The bombs given to us were made in 1964; they were expired, so we could not use them.

“Each of us was given five bullets, not five rounds, to fire. While in the forest, our biggest weapon was to cover just a distance of 400 meters, but our enemy had aircraft weapons that could cover a distance of more than 1,000 metres, aside other dangerous weapons.

“We only retreated to our base and waited in vain for ammunition for three days.”

Reacting, the Nigerian Army denied the figure being reported as incorrect and that no dismissals were pre-planned by the Army High Command.

This was clarified in a statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. S. K. Usman. He said: “On disciplinary action being taken against some soldiers for cowardice and desertion in the face of enemies, especially as regards the fight against Boko Haram terrorists, most of the stories and figure being peddled are far from accurate.

“Disciplinary processes or trials are never done with prior intention to dismiss anyone in the Nigerian Army. The only intention is to dispense justice and even at that, due process is normally followed.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/28/army-dismisses-200-soldiers-for-failing-to-overrun-sambisa-forest/

Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by letsbet(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
Good rediance.
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by midolian(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2015
letsbet:
Good rediance.
you mean it? Didn't you see their complaints? You think its that easy?
They were given expired bombs made in 1964(few yrs after independence) and just 5 bullets..And all you can say is good riddance. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by Greyworld: 1:29pm On May 28, 2015
When them com insyd town dem go dey waste d bullets, imagine only 5 bullets.

5 bullets can't kill a gaint bush rat in ma area.

The dismissin officier ( oga @ d top) shud go and overrun d sambisa forest himsef, if sambis no rest am mak he go dat Igodo Evil Forestm
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by freshdude99(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2015
midolian:
They were given expired bombs made in 1964(few yrs after independence) and just 5 bullets..And all you can say is good riddance. Chai!
Even as a bloody civilian that you are, I bet u are not that dumb to believe those claims by the soldiers. I cowardly ran and cried like their father Gen. Oladipodia
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by midolian(m): 1:41pm On May 28, 2015
freshdude99:

Even as a bloody civilian that you are, I bet u are not that dumb to believe those claims by the soldiers. I cowardly ran and cried like their father Gen. Oladipodia
grow up, guy! Ever wondered why until recently, our soldiers have always bn defending instead of attacking? The military is fvckin corrupt. And its just a period of days for it to be more glaring.

2 Likes

Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by freshdude99(m): 1:46pm On May 28, 2015
midolian:
grow up, guy! Ever wondered why until recently, our soldiers have always bn defending instead of attacking? The military is fvckin corrupt. And its just a period of days for it to be more glaring.
Name one, just one facet of Nigeria that isn't corrupt abi Na today u learn how to pronounce the word corruption?
Guy Na the same old story! Corruption sinx 1960 till today... Same reason we had countless coups in this country...
My guy save me that corruption sermon jare, I ain't in for that shit
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 28, 2015
Dismiss them to become robbers, militants and terrorist with military training.
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by letsbet(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2015
midolian:
dang! i kno this is a serious issue but the '1984 bombs & 5bullet' part crack me up real gud. are they going there to hunt pigeons or stuffs they better grant those bastarrds amnesty if they cant deal with them like they suppose to. grrr
Re: Army Dismisses 200 Soldiers For Failing To Overrun Sambisa Forest by midolian(m): 2:06pm On May 28, 2015
letsbet:
dang! i kno this is a serious issue but the '1984 bombs & 5bullet' part crack me up real gud. are they going there to hunt pigeons or stuffs they better grant those bastarrds amnesty if they cant deal with them like they suppose to. grrr
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari - I Renew My Pledge To Crush Boko Haram / Okonjo-iweala Warns Successor Of Difficult Times / June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.