Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,086 members, 7,859,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. (722 Views)

Elections 2015: Why The Social Media Is Highly Overrated - Sahara Reporters / 2015: Why Buhari May Defeat Jonathan- Analysis / 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by Jorussia(m): 5:11am On Jun 07, 2015
Let me start,by saying that i have observed, that from late last year till now,that most people who either comment or post here on nairaland,do so with either political,tribal,ethnic or religious sentiments. It will be very good,for people who either comment or post here, to do so,with facts, "common sense",and rich knowledge of our political history as a country. I followed the events that led to the emergence of tambuwal as speaker of house reps in 2011,and i want to say with all sense of responsibility, that they are totally different from what is currently happening. PDP zoned the speaker of house of reps in 2011 to the South West, where as APC left the contest open to all regions.I am aware that the two leading contenders from the south west in 2011 were muraino Ajibola,and mulikat.Instead of PDP to present Ajibola as its candidate, they made a costly by choosing mulikat.Where as mulikat was the candidate of GEJ,Pmb has chosen not to endorse any member. The most significant thing,that made tambuwal emerged as speaker was that he had more than 65% of PDP members vote casted.tambuwal scored about 260 or there about vote, while mulikat got 90 votes.

1 Like

Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by bunmititi(f): 5:24am On Jun 07, 2015
So tambuwal is not a good thing?
Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by modath(f): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2015
Tambuwal's emergence is quite different from the Gbaja/Dogara situation...

Gbajabiamila is the next speaker, Dogara is just positioning for a juicy committee
Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by neutrotoba(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2015
Too many commas used at the wrong places.

Jez saying
Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by eleko1: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2015
@ poster above me,O ya mi lenu.Thank God,mama Mulikatu nor win,dey for disgrace her like the former hairdresser woman.With Mulikat as Speaker,Mama okonjo @ Finance,sisi Madueke @ oil,Stella @ aviation,Nah tragedy bi dat.Dem for do Maximum damage/RUINED the treasury.I doff my hat for Tambuwal jare
Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by Emphany: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2015
Its also very annoying when people just open a thread that is baseless. OP,leme help you make this thread richer by asking politely..."what is your dumb point please?".

1 Like

Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by excellentmomma(f): 6:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Op you are also posting with sentiments, same thing you accuse others of doing. Who said pmb didn't anoint any candidate, when they anoint do they announce it? And APC leadership has not anointed Femi Gbajabiamila? Did APC not zone too and are fighting over the zoning formula now, reason for all the disagreement. So what's your point exactly, if not that you want Femi to win. Sentiments, sentiments on your part too.
Re: June 9,2015,why Another Tambuwal Can Never Emerge. by DropShot: 6:21am On Jun 07, 2015
Jorussia:
Let me start,by saying that i have observed, that from late last year till now,that most people who either comment or post here on nairaland,do so with either political,tribal,ethnic or religious sentiments. It will be very good,for people who either comment or post here, to do so,with facts, "common sense",and rich knowledge of our political history as a country. I followed the events that led to the emergence of tambuwal as speaker of house reps in 2011,and i want to say with all sense of responsibility, that they are totally different from what is currently happening. PDP zoned the speaker of house of reps in 2011 to the South West, where as APC left the contest open to all regions.I am aware that the two leading contenders from the south west in 2011 were muraino Ajibola,and mulikat.Instead of PDP to present Ajibola as its candidate, they made a costly by choosing mulikat.Where as mulikat was the candidate of GEJ,Pmb has chosen not to endorse any member. The most significant thing,that made tambuwal emerged as speaker was that he had more than 65% of PDP members vote casted.tambuwal scored about 260 or there about vote, while mulikat got 90 votes.
Gbaja is a more popular candidate this time compared to Mulikat who was to be forced on the lawmakers.

With 154 on his side, he only needs 19 more which he can get from APC (Doguro's camp), PDP and the rest parties. He has up to 90% chance to clinch it now.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo’s Mother ‘had Cash Confiscated’ At Madrid Airport (must See) / Lobatan Saraki Elected Senate President- --nta / Newspapers Owned By Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.