Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nairalander's Trip To Kenya - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalander's Trip To Kenya (54481 Views)

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Pictures Of A Nairalander Trip To Ghana / A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2015
claremont:

The white stuff is called Ugali, a maize meal.

I can see you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday in Kenya. I have been there thrice; twice officially and once on a personal holiday, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It is a good thing you are married, Kenyan ladies have a soft spot for Nigerian guys for some reason. They love our swag. grin

THANKS
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:33pm On May 28, 2015
delishpot:

Lucky both of you. May The almighty God blrss your union and the fruits it will bear.

amen oo, thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2015
tohpahz:

Thank God u escaped unhurt..

abi oo, although the mouth was tied
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2015
YoruBanger:

You are absolutely right about Al-shabab's attacks on the coatal cities. Kenyan tourism has really taken a hit as a result. Matter of fact I was in Limuru, a sleepy town not far from Nairobi when Al-shabab attacked the West Gate Mall in Nairobi back in 2013.

I think Nairobi has the best weather in the world -- so chilly at times that you forget you are still in Africa.

Kenya is like the Naija of East Africa, economically. Visited some nice residential areas in the Westlands area. You'd be forgiven for thinking you're in Europe. White people love that country.

yes, its really affecting them, every country with her own challenge,
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by lordmario(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

It's true Nigerians are aggressive. Everything na gra gra gra gra for here.
We are not as aggressive as south africans o.
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Pavore9: 5:36pm On May 28, 2015
ffo:

really, my wife couldnt cope much with their food we had to reschedule our trip because of that, they dont out pepper in their food, and you know how we like pepper a lot.
i was looking for fried yam and akara after the first night,

Fried wetin? cheesy l can relate with how your wife felt food-wise as l felt same on my first visit but now l am residing here, l know my way around in regards to food as l know where in Nairobi l can buy okro, semolina, pepper, plantain, wheat, green, ewedu, palm oil, smoked fish etc and also know also how to bring over stuff like egusi, ogbono, crayfish etc from Lagos to Nairobi within 5 days so l am not missing our food.

l really felt like vomiting when l got to eat their pepperless meals but now l have also gotten used to it. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:40pm On May 28, 2015
lekwas:

@OP, that meal is Ugaali made from corn. Nice trip, well done

thanks for the correction
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Pavore9: 5:41pm On May 28, 2015
YoruBanger:

You are absolutely right about Al-shabab's attacks on the coatal cities. Kenyan tourism has really taken a hit as a result. Matter of fact I was in Limuru, a sleepy town not far from Nairobi when Al-shabab attacked the West Gate Mall in Nairobi back in 2013.

I think Nairobi has the best weather in the world -- so chilly at times that you forget you are still in Africa.

Kenya is like the Naija of East Africa, economically. Visited some nice residential areas in the Westlands area. You'd be forgiven for thinking you're in Europe. White people love that country.

Likewise areas like Karen, Lavinghton, Kilimani are also some nice residential areas.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by wayodude(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2015
I thought Nigerians idea of tourism means going to Dubai to buy Gucci bags? Things are changing, lovely!

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2015
ibro2hot:
Op ur wife is beautiful. she seems to be pregnant take Gud care of her.

thanks
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ritababe(f): 5:43pm On May 28, 2015
Rollindollars:

As a PRINCE,I cud hv considered u 4 an adventure of fresh air in my palace. jst dt I doubt d capacity as portrayed by ur signature.

who dash u prince
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 28, 2015
ffo:

infact, i wished i did, these guys like our native a lot oo, no be small thing, you need to see they way they were looking at my wife
Glad to hear that.
Foreigners really like our traditional dress, sadly we dont value them much.
As for me i hv never wore oyinbo clothes. grin
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ffo(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2015
kolamilan:
oga op, no be general sanni abacha photo i dey see so at the first pic, you sure say no 19's you go ?

all the past head of states has their portrait on the wall, we sat under the portrait of Gen Sanni Abacha

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by pickabeau1: 5:55pm On May 28, 2015
ffo:

i lodged in the city centre for safe purpose, hotel ranges from $80 and above per night
you can get your visa on arrival for $50
moving round the city is not bad as long as its not during rush house because of traffic

Excellent

Can you name places to visit n their fun spots
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Bifwoli: 5:56pm On May 28, 2015
ROSSIKE:
These are the sort of places Nigerians should be going on vacation, not London, Dubai etc.. There are other very enjoyable destinations in Africa like Senegal, Tanzania, Gambia, Cape Verde etc. You'll be surprised at some of the sights and facilities in these places.

You're absolutely right ma nigga,we need to learn to value our own sacred and beautiful continent.

Africa is gorgeous and very pleasant.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by tivta(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2015
@OP, were you not afraid of ISIS? Its very risky going to kenya at these trying times.
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by 360command: 6:01pm On May 28, 2015
Pavore9:

Likewise areas like Karen, Lavinghton, Kilimani are also some nice residential areas.
this kenya must be paradise for you... God bless your hustle there..
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Emilord(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2015
Sijo01:
Op, give me your number, I want to ask you something wink cheesy cheesy cheesy ...................................Nice pix.
na pesin husband be that ooo. Just be careful

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by daveP(m): 6:11pm On May 28, 2015
Asides Kenya, Botswana and Senegal especially still very much on my mind! Nice trip.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:11pm On May 28, 2015
lordmario:

We are not as aggressive as south africans o.

Okay sir.
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Pavore9: 6:12pm On May 28, 2015
360command:
this kenya must be paradise for you... God bless your hustle there..

Amen o! l am so okay with Nairobi like many other Nigerians here who are into legitimate stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by 360command: 6:15pm On May 28, 2015
Pavore9:

Amen o! l am so okay with Nairobi like many other Nigerians here who are into legitimate stuffs!
lol! You are funny.. Nigerians in Nigeria into legitimate stuffs are not Okay with lagos?
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by LadyX(f): 6:16pm On May 28, 2015
Korrection:
.in the golf course we were cautioned not to play with a yellow ball as the monkeys around will just pick it and run.. grin

grin grin cheesy
If a monkey picks the ball you run after it na cheesy
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Dollyak(f): 6:20pm On May 28, 2015
MrFootball:

Kruger park is in SA ma'am.
I'm sure u meant Masai mara park.
Yes. Don't know which is which grin. thanks nonetheless
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by sule5727: 6:20pm On May 28, 2015
ffo:
21. i was scare of holding the baby crocodile 22. at last i summon the courage to hold it 23. an old tortoise of about 40 years 24. guess what the male and female tortoise are doing lipsrsealed
lovely!!!
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Pavore9: 6:24pm On May 28, 2015
360command:
lol! You are funny.. Nigerians in Nigeria into legitimate stuffs are not Okay with lagos?

There are Nigerians here who are into yahoo, yahoo and most of them prefer moving around town in taxis as against entering buses because of fear that they may encounter a security agent in the bus. When they hammer, most of them pack out of their apartment and move to another part of town as rent is paid monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by ezychris(m): 6:38pm On May 28, 2015
RickRichards:
If you haven't visited where Rafiki presented Simba to the animal kingdom, and where Scar killed Mufasa, all in the Serengiti, then you haven't really experienced Kenya. lipsrsealed

Bro, u r mouthed! Two bottles of alomo n 5 bitter kola fr u dere grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by VickyRotex(f): 6:39pm On May 28, 2015
Lovely!!!
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by missstella(f): 6:39pm On May 28, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Try marry first miss
and if i'm married?
Re: Nairalander's Trip To Kenya by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2015
missstella:
Lovely couple, make una dey go very soon me and my hubby go come cheesy
I fear ur dp ooooooo, u go like big thing ooooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.