Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) (704 Views)

BBC Documentary On Rebranding Nigeria / Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? / Dora's "rebranding Nigeria" Gaining Momentum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nemeziz9ja: 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2009
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200902153391964
I read with interest in today's Punch (Sunday Punch) Tunde Fagbenle's write up on the re-branding Nigeria project being touted by Dora Akunyili and pretty much we are reaching the same conclusion as I mentioned earlier in my post on here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230994.0.html
I just hope they won't waste all the money needed to do something tangible during this economic depression period on something as useless as this and give the old brigade more money to steal.
grin
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by antartica(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2009
It is the corrupt governments that drives most nigerians to extreme measures to survive,to re-brand nigeria will mean re-branding the concept of leadership and government.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nemeziz9ja: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2009
I guess that also means good and responsible followership and less graft in governance.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2009
Change the educational system in Nigeria. Input moral classes where you teach little kids how to behave, teach them to detest power, teach them to always respect human life, teach them to respect women, and also teach them to see everyone as equal. That will be brain washing but it's not really bad to brain wash them to love each other. That way, our next generation might be a solution. But with the current educational system, people are going to be really sad when they grow up and look at what they are leaving behind for the next generation.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nemeziz9ja: 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
Uhmm, but will brainwashing improve the infrastructural decays?
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2009
I don't agree with brainwashing but we need to reverse the moral decay that has been our part over the past 40 or so years since oil. There is no way to rebrand a country filled and ruled by rogues and criminals.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by obinna79: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nemeziz9ja: 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
Obinna, if you know the history of chaos that Singapore dealt with before they got to where they are now, you will know Nigeria could have changed if we want to but the basic things we need on ground before we start touting ourselves as a good country is lacking, the reverse is the case in Singapore.
Crime and corruption are punishable by law irrespective of who you are in Singapore; have you heard the litter bug story?, not in Nigeria.
So, we can compare and aspire to change like Singapore but the change must start within. You can only brand what you have; realities.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by kokoA(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
'rebrand nigeria' my boot! What does Dora take us for? Nursery school kids? or what? How can we forget so soon thoes days of Frank Nnweke? Billions of tax payers money was pumped into 'heart of africa' project, what have we goten from that senseless venture? Pls some one should tell Dora that if the only thing she is good at is fighting fake drugs, we appreciate that, she better stay clear off politicians if she wish to remain in the good book of nigerians or better still she should return to the class room. Nigerian youths needs her more.
Re: The Oily Road To Rebranding Nigeria (1) by Nemeziz9ja: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2009
I have said it; when a clay idol wants to display its folly and get disgraced, it will ask to be put in the river to dance.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Defends Budget Proposal / Globalization Effect / Panic At Aso Rock: Yar'adua Collapses At Council Of State Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.