Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? (4061 Views)

What Is Happening To The Rebranding Nigeria Project? / BBC Documentary On Rebranding Nigeria / Dora's "rebranding Nigeria" Gaining Momentum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Thirdborn: 3:06am On Aug 09, 2009
Almost every Nigerian has heard the phrase "REBRANDING NIGERIA" mentioned many times on TV and repeated by politicians countless times ever since Dora said it. After thinking about it only for a second, i realized that it was all rubbish right from the begining.
Let me ask a question, If you ran into a a family who had a few members who were thieves, you wouldn't go keeping things in their house even if the honest ones offered to keep keep your things safe right? Now Imagine if this family painted their house, installed an alarm system and even bought a satellite dish with a mllion channels, will it change the fact that they still got theives in their midst?
I guess what i'm trying to say is that it is not Nigeria that people are apprehensive about but Nigerians. One bad egg doesn't spoil the whole bunch but in the case of Nigeria, it has happened. With the activities of a few, the image of the rest of us has been tarnished. We have been labelled 419ers, scam artists and thieves, just because of a few. Remember, people are more likely to remember a wicked deed done to them than a kind one.
So i believe Prof. Dora should find a way first of changing the attitude of many Nigerians who only seek to trample on and ruin lives in order to get rich quick before she proceeds with the "REBRANDING NIGERIA" campaign if not she is only fetching water with a basket.
That's my word.

What's your take on this?
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by jesuseun1(m): 4:18am On Aug 09, 2009
my brother,i dont really like u making dis statement in ur post ,i realized that it was all rubbish right from the begining. rebranding starts from there,that is badmouthing,u see everyone of us hav  a part and roles to play in this project from the president to the common man,u see i quite agree wit u that it is d rebranding of nigerians dat will need ,because each of us make up nigeria,and i think prof dora has good intentions to change d image of our country,but what i think they are missing out is dat they  forgot that change starts from within,inside.

i believe using reorientation is beta than rebranding,rebranding is more of external while reorientation is more of internal,which is change of our thinking,attitude,mentality and so on,if all these can change then we are on our way to rebirth.my brother and to all nairalanders,lets us all ask ourselves genuiene questions is there any thing we are doin wrong ,d rebranding project is telling us to repent,if me ,u ,and others do the right and positive things.then change will be imminent soon.each of us hav to contribute something positvely instead of playin d blame game,
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by sjeezy8: 5:18am On Aug 09, 2009
Rebrand Nigerians!! the majority are not good people in general to be honest.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by vigasimple(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2009
Rebranding is a joke. if we compare that to a product, you must first have a brand before you can rebrand it. so, creating a good brand first is the most important thing. once you have a good brand, the rest will follow naturally.

Nigerians in the order of things are not the beginning.

If we are going to play football or soccer in the olympics or Fifa world tournarnment, we will have 11 or 22 representing us. Those will be our best players to the world. Same goes for leadership and those representing us whether , the President, NASS, Governors or Ambassadors. They must be our best.

can anyone give Nigeria a serious looking at just merely looking at our dour and clueless President ?. Be truthfull Nigerians! what that man does is all talk and no action. Mr. YAR A'DO NOTHING

Now, what that translate to, is that, if we desire Branding and then periodical rebranding, then we must start with

1. Leadership re-orientation, follow by follwership re-orientation

2. Corruption- fighting it in all it's raminification, not just fighting petty stuff

3. Electoral reforms, so that we can geniunely elect our own leaders and representatives, and recall them at anytime, build credible opposition parties, civil society and good independent media ( as the 4th Arm of government, and governance)

4. Build a country based a on fairness, rule of law and independent judiciary.

5. We must operate true federalsim, as that is what is envisaged during our constitution drafting process and independence before the military hijack the project.

6. The government who is going to start Branding must build infrastructures or at least maintain what we have, and make sure an average Nigerians can have 3 meals a day before yarning their mouth to the ordinary people about rebranding with the billions they share in Abuja.

We cannot just change a fact by talking about it and wishing it away. Both  the Federal govt and Professor Akiyuli may have good intention but they certainly start at the wrong place.

our 'LEADERSHIP' STINKS.

'IF YOU  PUT A LIPSTICK ON A PIG, IT IS STILL A PIG'. 

When our 'leaders' still behave with impunity in all that they do, we are wasting our time in BRANDING or rebranding an unsaleble products. A child usualy follows what his father does. START REBRANDING OR BRANDING FROM YAR A'CLUELESS  downwards.

NIGERIA: GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION, AWFUL LEADERSHIP. grin grin grin
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Becomrich: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2009
it is call rebranding Dora. Please visit the website. Yar Adua I believe it is time to get rid of Dora. She is creating more problem for yar adua than helping him. go visit the website. There are like a 1000 and one picture of Dora and name, but less than 10 times did even Nigeria come up. Not to talk of Yar adua. How can Dora names and picture appear more than Nigeria. I laugh when I saw it.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2009
[color=#770077][/color]REBRANDING NIGERIANS!!! THE POLITICIANS!!! THE ECONOMY!!! THE LAW!!! THE CONSTITUTION!! (IF THERE IS ONE), EVERYTHING!!!

ONCE NIGERIANS REBRAND THEMSELVES, THEY HAVE THEN REBRANDED NIGERIA!

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE MAKE THE COUNTRY. NOT THE LAND.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by fayahsoul: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2009
The US has been rebranded by electing a 'nigga family' into the white house. Great, now white supremacy is history. grin
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by agathamari(f): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
have you ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf? that is what nigeria is doing. fix the issues before trying to convince the world that you have otherwise when they are truely fixed noone will listen.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Bobstainless(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2009
Rebranding is every Nigerian's task not only the Govt.Alas Nigerians percieve Rebranding as building castle in the air.
Govt. Have failed us in all ramification by providing unsustainable projects with expiring days think of our Roads:Death traps, our public schools:delapidated and outdated facilities.Technology is dwelling in analogue age.
But can we remain docile to Govt. that change and development may abound ? Nay, not at all. Its high time we change our negative attitude and turn to new live while praying GOD to send Moses that will tak us to the promise land.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2009
Bobstainless:

Rebranding is every Nigerian's task not only the Govt.Alas Nigerians percieve Rebranding as building castle in the air.
Govt. Have failed us in all ramification by providing unsustainable projects with expiring days think of our Roads:Death traps, our public schools:delapidated and outdated facilities.Technology is dwelling in analogue age.
But can we remain docile to Govt. that change and development may abound ? Nay, not at all. Its high time we change our negative attitude and turn to new live while praying GOD to send Moses that will tak us to the promise land.

SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!

THE BEST AREAS IN NIGERIA ARE FOR THE RICH.

WHY CANT THEY START MAKING THINGS MORE EASY FOR MIDDLE CLASS.

EVERYTHING IS ABOUT THE RICH, AND IF YOU ARENT RICH YOU ARE POOR.

I WISH NIGERIA WAS LIKE THE US WHERE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WERE MIDDLE CLASS.

THE UNIVERSITIES ARE LIKE HELL HOLES: YOU HAVE CULTISM WITH PEOPLE GETTING KILLED EVERYDAY, YOU HAVE STUPID PROFESSORS THAT WILL TELL THE STUDENT THEY WILL FAIL HER IF SHE DOESNT SLEEP WITH THEM. YOU HAVE STUPID PEOPLE ASKING FOR BRIBES TO GET ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY OR PASS A CLASS.

SCHOOL IS ALREADY EXPENSIVE AND YET THEY WANT TO ADD ON MORE.

THATS WHY MOST PEOPLE CANNOT EVEN AFFORD TO GO TO SCHOOL, AND EVEN THAT, SCHOOL IS DANGEROUS AND RISKY.

NIGERIA AS A WHOLE IS COLLAPSED.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Labelle(f): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2009
Talking about rebranding

http://www.nigeriarebrands.com/

Thats the official site of the 'Rebrand Nigeria' Campaign, I kid you not.

Please compare:

http://www.proudlysa.co.za

Someone shoot me

NOW
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2009
Labelle:

Talking about rebranding

http://www.nigeriarebrands.com/

Thats the official site of the 'Rebrand Nigeria' Campaign, I kid you not.

Please compare:

http://www.proudlysa.co.za

Someone shoot me

NOW

THE SOUTH AFRICANS WEBSITE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!!!
THAT SIGHT IS SUPPOSE TO ATTRACK PEOPLE TO IT, AND IT DID NOTHING FOR ME.
BORING BLAND SITE.

THEY NEED A REAL WEB DESIGNER TO COME AND FIX IT. IT LOOKS LIKE RUBBISH.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Beaf: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2009
Both sites look like rubbish.
The whole rebranding thing is a whitewash for the theives to make their zero substance speeches, it reminds me of this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222281.0.html
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:13am On Aug 10, 2009
Beaf:

Both sites look like rubbish.
The whole rebranding thing is a whitewash for the theives to make their zero substance speeches, it reminds me of this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222281.0.html

hahahaha you are right! it does remind me of that post.

THEM SAYING THAT ABOUT KADUNA IS RUBBISH! THEY NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT: I CALL THEM PROMISE AND FAIL.
THATS ALL THEY SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IN THE LAST 30 YEARS.
CONTINUOUS PROMIESES AND FAILS!!

EVEN IF THEY WERE GOING TO DO THAT TO KADUNA, THE NORTH LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH. WHY SPEND MONEY ON A POINTLESS PROJECT.

WE ALL KNOW THAT GOVERNMENT aka DICTATORSHIP DOESNT LIKE THE NIGER DELTA.

THEY ROB THEM OF THEIR RESOURCES YET THEIR LAND LOOKS LIKE RUBBISH.

INSTEAD OF THEM TO SPEND THE MONEY ON KADUNA IT NEEDS TO BE SPENT ON THE NIGER DELTA.
THEY NEED SO MUCH ITS RIDICULOUS, BUT YOU KNOW THEY HAVE REFUSED.

EVEN THE VICE PRESIDENT IS FROM THE NIGER DELTA, YET HE CANNOT DO ANYTHING FOR HIS OWN PEOPLE. HE CANT DO ANYTHING TO BETTER THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE IN THE NIGER DELTA.

HE JUST EAT MONEY CHOP AM FINISH!!
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by obi123: 12:13am On Aug 10, 2009
i think the whole issue of re branding is a joke be it for Nigeria or her citizens , Whats re branding when there is no brand in the first instance .
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Thirdborn: 12:30am On Aug 10, 2009
jesu seun:

my brother,i dont really like u making dis statement in ur post ,i realized that it was all rubbish right from the begining. rebranding starts from there,that is badmouthing,u see everyone of us hav  a part and roles to play in this project from the president to the common man,u see i quite agree wit u that it is d rebranding of nigerians dat will need ,because each of us make up nigeria,and i think prof dora has good intentions to change d image of our country,but what i think they are missing out is dat they  forgot that change starts from within,inside.

i believe using reorientation is beta than rebranding,rebranding is more of external while reorientation is more of internal,which is change of our thinking,attitude,mentality and so on,if all these can change then we are on our way to rebirth.my brother and to all nairalanders,lets us all ask ourselves genuiene questions is there any thing we are doin wrong ,d rebranding project is telling us to repent,if me ,u ,and others do the right and positive things.then change will be imminent soon.each of us hav to contribute something positvely instead of playin d blame game,

@jesu seun
Who is playing the blame game, Did you read my post properly? i am just saying its the wrong move. The campaign slogan should have been REBRANDING NIGERIANS is all i said. See why Nigerians need rebranding? We are talking about one thing and Dora's son here is saying something else. We are proud to be Nigerias and just think a different approach should be taken is all.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by oge4real(f): 2:04am On Aug 10, 2009
Rebranding whatever is not what we need in Nigeria. We need Revolution before we can achieve the height meant for a country of this magnitude.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by Donvilo(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2009
oge4real:

Rebranding whatever is not what we need in Nigeria. We need Revolution before we can achieve the height meant for a country of this magnitude.
That's correct, my sister. I support ur post!
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2009
oge4real:

you are very much correct!!!

and you are very pretty also. smiley
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2009
now dora

who de fool who

rebrandin means completely new brand constitution; not white man made ooo

via brand new ways of funding contract so all could see what is going

brand new election processing etc whereby the public have so much power on who should be chosen to led the country

if any black think that by funding $5,000,000 e-rebranding on the line changes anything on ground when the roads are messed up at the frequent rate of ghana must go bags,

that person must be a brand new specie of monkeys

dora take note
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2009
there is another man on this site attacking me saying that i am you, please tell him oooo!!!

i dont deserve all these insults he has been throwing at me because he thinks im someone else.

tell him ooo!!!
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by sexibabes: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2009
World leaders were coming to Nigeria for a summit, they got close to Nigeria by 10p.m and Gordon Brown phoned Yar’Adua.

Brown - We are headed to your airport, pls where is it located?
Yar’Adua – Ehen, me and my entourage are waiting for you here at the airport and we can see your plane circling above. You are at the airport.
Obama - But we can’t see any LIGHT, how do we locate the tract?
Yar’Adua - Oh, am sorry, NEPA… sorry PHCN just took the LIGHT…. Ehm, give us a minute please to restore power.
Sarkozy - But we can see Ghana airport from here too, and there is LIGHT, why don’t we land there and come back to Nigeria by road?
Gardafi - Nigeria by road? The road is CATASROPHIC! Maybe we should go by sea.
Ahmedenajad - That is SUICIDE! Militants are in control of their waters
Yar’Adua - Aha! Hello! The light is on, you can land now
Brown - But the LIGHT is not full, why is it fluctuating like that? Hope our pilot can see the landing route?
Yar’Adua - Sorry, pls manage with us, it is the generating plant that is supplying the light temporary. We have set up a committee to look into the problem.
Obama - COMMITTEE? You have too many committees in Nigeria . Why is that?
Yar’Adua - Ok, I will set up another Committee to disband the committees.
Suddenly, there were gunshots and blasts Gboooooooooosaaaaaaaa! ta ta ta ta ta at ata
All the leaders - What was that sound?
Yar'Adua - The soldiers are battling with extremists in the north and the Niger Delta Militants have just bombed another pipeline in the south south.
Obama - The summit is hereby cancelled. Pls tell the pilot to return to base.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by moss2: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2009
there is another man on this site attacking me saying that i am you, please tell him oooo!!!

i dont deserve all these insults he has been throwing at me because he thinks im someone else.

tell him ooo!!!
another irrelevant talk in a topic of great importance. this thread is not a warning thread
it's a thread for discussing national issues you twit.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2009
look here!!! there is a man accusing me of being ikeyman from another acount.
so im telling ikeyman to get back to his own war that he started and save this man from attacking me.

its really starting to get on my last nerves.

let this man go and finish the trouble he has started!!!
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by moss2: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2009
Sorry amaka i know from the various posts that i have read that ikeyman
is a very troublesome nigga evry body wants him out even his own folks
you must have made a comment that make you sound like him.
i'll advise you go and disclaim the comment.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2009
amaka1
look here!!! there is a man accusing me of being ikeyman from another acount.
so im telling ikeyman to get back to his own war that he started and save this man from attacking me.

its really starting to get on my last nerves.

let this man go and finish the trouble he has started!!!

are u serious?? u see when me said this man haha right here na superman, u think na joke, why the whole world wana screw me, i dnt know, even when me not there they still de yan about me

nawooo!! hahhah, this man must be a true soilder

even aloy, blacksta still envy my agada hahha

amaka how long this has be goin on for?
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2009
moss

hahha u think that the nigerians are stupid?? well without the trait yes sir

i can guaratine u if me in power, forget Fashola

u should be lock up??

no more lootin

amaka, this fool here sounds like one of them
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2009
ikeyman00:

amaka1
are u serious?? u see when me said this man haha right here na superman, u think na joke, why the whole world wana screw me, i dnt know, even when me not there they still de yan about me

nawooo!! hahhah, this man must be a true soilder

even aloy, blacksta still envy my agada hahha

amaka how long this has be goin on for?

well this has been going on all day.

he has been attacking me accusing me to be you. and he gave his "facts" why.
those just all happen to be a coincidence.
please wanm him oo!! he has been harrassing me and calling me names.
and i want to advise you to stop this tribalism its NOT GOOD.

white people discriminate against us, yet we are always doing the same to each other.

if white man came to try and take over nigeria again, wouldnt you stand next to your yoruba and join hands to push out the white man? PLEASE!!!! LETS STOP THIS MADDNESS!!!!

ALL NIGERIANS NEED TO LOVE EACH OTHER AND BE HAPPY WITH EACH OTHER, NOT BASHING EACH OTHER.

and tell that guy that its not possible for two people to be signed in on nairaland from the same computer.
so its not pretty obvious that IM NOT YOU!
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2009
m.o.s.s.:

actually one guy assumed that i was ikeyman because he thought our profiles were too similar and the coincidence was too good to be true.
but anyway, in no way did i say anything tribalistic at all.
this guy came out of nowhere and started yelling at me.

i was posting on how i though rita should have won the koko mansion and that it was rigged. and how peope shouldnt rag on rita's english because dbanj's english isnt that good. and then like 20min later i get some angry response from someone yelling and cursing at me calling me ikeyman. it was so mean.
i love all tribes!!! and im NOT a tribalistic person.
he probably should feel stupid now that he knows im not ikeyman because we cant be logged in from the same computer. its obvious im not him, i only joined this site 3 days ago and im already getting wahala.
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2009
^^^^

he is only mad at u cuz u bi my fan hahhaa

and amaka

how are those people so mad at ikeyman

hey my profile is accessible ooooo, tribalistic HMMMMMMMMMM NOT for me

they are nigeria detraitors

they hate the truth with passion

hence the country is moving backwards

but the question that remain, are we gona fold arms and carry on lookin

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2009
ACTUALLY I AM NOT YOUR FAN!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY TRIBALISM. I THNIK ITS SICK AND DISGUSTING.

YOU NEED TO GO TO THE LATEST POST OF KOKO MANSION BOLA WINNING AND GO TO PAGE SIX AND TELL THIS MAN AND EXPLAIN TO HIM.

I AM NOT YOU, AND I DONT WANT TO BE YOU.

YOUR TRIBALISM IS SICKENING, AND DISGUSTING. IT NEEDS TO END TODAY.

JUST STOP!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. / Part Of Buhari's Legacy Still Standing The Test Of Time (pictures) / Breaking: Chatham House: Baroness Scotland Of Asthal To Rescue Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.