Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,849 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' (599 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Alex Ekwueme, Says "I Will Obey Him" / El-rufai Says Attack On His Convoy, Part Of Burden Of Leadership / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by ijustdey: 2:29pm On May 29, 2015
Kaduna State Governor Malam Nasir Ahmed El-Rufa’i says his government will forgive public officials who stole small amounts of money but arrest high profile thieves.
He dropped the hint at an inaugural lecture with the theme, “Building Rome in a Day with One Kobo, El-Rufai and the Challenges of 21st Century Kaduna”, held in Kaduna yesterday.
The lecture was delivered by Professor Pius Adesanmi, a professor of English and African Studies at the Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
“We will not condone acts of insincerity. We will insist on accountability. This is why we said we are not going to chase kobos but we will chase billions and millions of naira stolen from government.
“We will forgive the hundreds and a million stolen because those who stole such small funds are only hungry, we have to strike a balance. Those who stole thousands or a million are pickpockets and can be forgiven but we are only interested in armed robbers who stole billions and millions of naira.
“We intend to make Kaduna great again and I promise to do that. If we fail, it’s not because of lack of commitment or sincerity. We all know how things have gone bad in the state,” he said.
He added that his administration would not try to witch-hunt anybody, but would rather be interested in improving the lives of the people.
El’ Rufai added that the recent energy crisis was planned by the outgoing government.
“Just few days ago, Nigerian electricity dropped from 4,000 to just 50 megawatts. The system just stopped working because they are living office. These are man-made difficulties, it’s a way of punishing 160 million people because they voted them out of government,” he said.
Chairman of the inaugural lecture, retired General Martin Luther Agwai, said he was sacked from office as chairman of Sure-P funds by the outgoing government because he spoke about change of government in public.
“Nigerians voted massively for change, the same change I spoke about ýbefore the election and I lost my job, today I have no job”, he said

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55954-el-rufa-i-says-will-forgive-small-thieves
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by ijustdey: 2:33pm On May 29, 2015
This is why we said we are not going to chase kobos but we will chase billions and millions of naira stolen from government.

Chasing all the money is time and money draining

But you chase the essential because that where the buck of the money is....... Those that took billions
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by kodded(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2015
Mumu
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 29, 2015
They are all thieves, please stop setting minimum standards for theives
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by Islie: 2:57pm On May 29, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by eazisky(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2015
Forgive small thieves and they will grow up to be big thief like u Mr. rufai
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by kreamidiva(f): 3:04pm On May 29, 2015
This is complete bullshi*t!

Thieves are thieves and would be dealt with accordingly! So if I steal 1million naira that isn't mine from the state, it's pardonable under Gov. El-Rufai's government?

Hmmm... I no gree for this one o.
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by jmoore(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2015
nawa!! Counterfeit change in action.
Re: El-rufai Says 'I Will Forgive Small Thieves' by bunmititi(f): 3:19pm On May 29, 2015
the man is just as brainless as his baba onechance

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Jonathan's Defeat:the 'gang-up' And The CULT OF VICTIMISATION / How To Make Mony With ISIS Terorist Group / 2 Primary School Students Drown In Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.