Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors (35872 Views)

Vocational Programme For Governors In Germany: Falana Kicks / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / The Hottest Place In Hell Should Be Reserved For Governors – Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Sweetguy25: 5:00pm On May 29, 2015
He made this comment while making his inauguration speech.

Elsewhere relations between Abuja and the States have to be clarified if we are to serve the country better. Constitutionally there are limits to powers of each of the three tiers of government but that should not mean the Federal Government should fold its arms and close its eyes to what is going on in the states and local governments. Not least the operations of the Local Government Joint Account. While the Federal Government can not interfere in the details of its operations it will ensure that the gross corruption at the local level is checked. As far as the constitution allows me I will try to ensure that there is responsible and accountable governance at all levels of government in the country. For I will not have kept my own trust with the Nigerian people if I allow others abuse theirs under my watch.

Excerpt from Buhari's Inauguration Speech: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/read-president-buhari-inaugural-speech/

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by kelvyn7: 5:01pm On May 29, 2015
I thought as much

Those jollification and flamboyant spending days are over!!

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by RHP(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2015
Better for us!!!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by RockMaxi: 5:06pm On May 29, 2015

We voted for "CHANGE" and not business as usual/chop I chop government. Rosy too should be a friend of the masses and not to the corrupt politicians alone. cool

69 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by egift(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2015
The Governors should just serve theirpeople and be tireless about it. Or resign and save all of us the trouble. No more business as usual.

Sai Buhari all the way!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by ki02020(m): 5:11pm On May 29, 2015
Those governors know how to mismanage!!! There days are numbered

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by ozo13(m): 5:18pm On May 29, 2015
Dat is d only way Nigeria can move forward.imagine wr all our excess crude oil money all d states shared is with very little work to show for it .he definitely needs to step on toes as in Giant toes grin. ds is d best time

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nasri100(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
See that decision to move the Command Centre to Borno, heart of Boko Haram, Won me. This is what we have been lacking; A Man with Guts, demeanor is very aggressive, ready to handle a complex Country like Nigeria.

I wouldn't come here to blast the past Government, but reality is they took us backwards and were literally weak.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
I hope the Likes of Tinubu who believe the south west is solely for his use and control (human and material resources) are listening?

I still would not make any sense from all the ramblings of Buhari if he does not start dealing with the rouges around him.

People like Tinubu, Obasanjo need to be told that states cannot be controlled by them.
They need to limited. Buhari whatever campaign against corruption you have, start with the rouges around you.

APC screams PDP has ruined Nigeria for 16 Years. Was GoodLuck president for 16 yrs?
It therefore means they acknowledge Obasanjo was grossly corrupt and incompetent.
Buhari Limit this two people and put them in the right place.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
As long as iits not a clueless regime.. let's go there

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by ITbomb(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by stevolinkon40: 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
I saw this coming
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by kendrick9(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
he should start from the likes tinubu and co, then i will take him serious

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by holyokoto(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
Ex Benue State Governor take note
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Utchgirl(f): 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
egift:
Just serve your people and be tireless about it. Or resign and save all of us the trouble.

Mr egift, im surprised @ dis ur post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Lagusta(m): 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
Ymodulus:
typing
Okay
kendrick9:
a
holyokoto:
sbooking
vimi:
S
Nasri100:
g
Nasri100:
g

See them....

Ymodulus is even part of them....

Smd...
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Ymodulus: 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
typing...

Now we have President Buhari a very fit, proper, willing, ready, able and above all non fearing president. This is the right move in the right direction, a good beginning. With this i can boldly say we have a Government in place, that is putting its money where its mouth is. We do no longer have a Government of procastination.

This afternoon you made me happy, when you said in your speech and i qoute: "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody."
What a Weighty statement meaning Synchphants, back off!!!! Political hawks - back off!!!! Tinubu backoff!!!! The Papa Clark of the political world - back off!!! OBJ - backoff!!!! ACF - backoff!!! Tanoids Backoff!!!

I know, today some people in the polluted Niger Delta will be troubled and most will not sleep well because their son former President Goodlock Ebele Jonathan is no longer in charge of affairs of our great nation and their perfect and number one enemy President Muhammadu Buhari has today been sworn in as the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Furthermore, the so-called amnesty program for Niger Delta militants and terrorists will become a thing of the past come December.

Mr President on behalf of APC Nairaland Chapter, well deserving nairalanders, and even Tanoids on Nairaland. I say a Big Thank you. You can now have a little rest, and never forget this powerful speech of yours - let it be it be your guide and contour - a destiny is here to be fulfilled.

Welcome, Mr president Mohammadu Buhari!

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by tola9ja: 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
TRUE
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mascot87(m): 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
Nigerians would "NEVER" & I repeat "NEVER" regret voting for PMB. See,PMB will "NEVER" & I repeat "NEVER" dissapoint Nigerians but would definitely dissapoint Nigerian looters. Looting our treasury with impunity is "OVER" & I repeat "OVER" as long as PMB remains the President of Nigeria. Congrats to Nigerians. You all have made the right choice both IGBOS,YORUBAS & HAUSA + all other minor tribes in Nigeria

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by tola9ja: 5:20pm On May 29, 2015
SEE THE PEOPLE THAT HELP BUHARI AROUND HIM MAY GOD HELP HIM

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by tola9ja: 5:21pm On May 29, 2015
in the beginning of his tenure [size=18pt]fuel subsidy[/size]

at the end of his tennure[size=18pt] fuel scarcity[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by papoose999(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2015
early warnin sign okorocha aregbe take note

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Pavore9: 5:21pm On May 29, 2015
Let them work, not waiting for monthly allocation which they end up squandering with their goons! We kind of ignore the massive looting that is on going at the Local government areas where chairmen are stooges of the governors, most don't even live in the local government areas where there were supposedly elected but live in the comfort if highbrow areas of their state's capitals!

There should be shift from allocation to generation, Oil has really made many of our 'elected' officials mentally lazy!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by anonimi: 5:21pm On May 29, 2015
kelvyn7:
I thought as much

Those jollification and flamboyant spending days are over!!

Why should we wait for the president to monitor the 774 LGAs and 36 states

Why do we have state house of assembly lawmakers and LGA Councillors who can IMPEACH the erring leaders?

Why are we so LAME and expect a "messiah" to do ALL things for us and know all things on our behalf?
Why

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by thefakestan: 5:22pm On May 29, 2015
Mr. President but the Governors have immunity

So what will you do about that?

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 29, 2015
The governors are a major stumblingblock to our growth and development.

Any step that will reduce their influence has my total support.

But how will GMB do that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by ddippset(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2015
message to nyesom wike.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Googlehead: 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
Buhari's Government has no room for criminals like GEJ. Mean while, you all should go check out this phone store: http://pointekonline.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=67 their price are simply the best, they buy directly from the phone manufacturers, and sell to whole sellers and end users at a highly discounted price. Their Delivery system is simply awesome, they deliver within 24 hours, and its FREE. Check out the store and Thank me later.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nossa(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
am not for any political party, I believe in individual politics, if president Buhari can probe and persecute the immediate past governor of Abia state and make sure that election defaulters are severely dealt with then i'll TREK from the department of political and administrative studies, university of Portharcourt to Abia state government house for the much deserving ALEX OTTI, let the voice of Abians be heard, our votes couldn't speak for us.

long live GMB
long live FRN

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Lagusta(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:
The governors are a major stumblingblock to our growth and development.

Any step that will reduce their influence has my total support.

But how will GMB do that?

Lets watch from the hidden cameras cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Spells(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
grin we didn't elect e'm governors to seat on a Rossy seat, Good governance is all that matters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Receives Helicopter From Federal Government. Photos / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of 2010 Post: Are You Paying Teachers As Bankers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.