Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors (35869 Views)

Vocational Programme For Governors In Germany: Falana Kicks / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / The Hottest Place In Hell Should Be Reserved For Governors – Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by adamskutty(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2015
Dorrobucci:
I pitho is expecting you to be useful
crap!

Arrant nonsense from a deranged jona d!Ck sucker baboon. grin grin

May thunder strike ur flat bald there for daring to insult ur mister, u son of a reknowed umbrella repairer under makoko wooden bridge. grin Moda'fvcker! grin
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by mekuzoil(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
This is a welcome development bearing in mind that a State like Abia State has not been having elected chairmen and councillors but have always operated with transition chaimen who are appointed and paid salaries by the State governor, while the allocations meant for theim to work with mainly stops with the Governor of the State, I hope this new change will also take care of this abnormality.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by gbadebosalewa: 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
At Lost But Found Lagos; we ensure your lost but found items are kept safe and secure… your worrying days are over.
http://lostbutfoundlagos.com

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by omoakinn: 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
That will be a welcome development
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Joshuadon: 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
egift:
Just serve your people and be tireless about it. Or resign and save all of us the trouble.

cheesycheesycheesy

Resign at this point??

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by donem: 5:45pm On May 29, 2015
including Tinubu
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 29, 2015
Just like they heaped all blames on jonathan,pls let him do as he want to,where were the councillors and lawmakers when local govt officials were bastadising everthing,people have to feel development at grassroot,but the local govt is the one eating the peoples money,very evil unserious people
anonimi:

Why should we wait for the president to monitor the 774 LGAs and 36 states

Why do we have state house of assembly lawmakers and LGA Councillors who can IMPEACH the erring leaders?

Why are we so LAME and expect a "messiah" to do ALL things for us and know all things on our behalf?
Why
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by jkendy(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2015
That's a sign of a man who meant well for his dear country.

Charity, they say begins at home. The change and total cleansing must begin wit the state governors, yes.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Joshuadon: 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
vimi:
As long as iits not a clueless regime.. let's go there

....and dont be the First to tag this present regime CLUELESS

Otondo

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Some Nigerians be like: Buhari is president and we do not have electricity, fuel is N150 litre, workers are on strike, unemployment rate is high. What has he been doing the past three hours? Is this the change he promised?

Lololol! grin grin cheesy grin
hahahahahaha, una no go kill person I swear... grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by IYANGBALI: 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
Baba I have pass in Yoruba from the university of maiduguri,if I do not get job in CBN, NNPC, CUSTOMS OR IMMIGRATION, by the end of this year,I will stop shouting change and port to KOWA Party

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by 989900: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:

They're responsible for a whole lot of nonsense happening in the states and country as a whole.

I'm still in support of LG autonomy. Any step that will reduce their influence has my name on it....

Basically, I am torn . . . when it comes to the LGs autonomy.

What are the pros and cons?
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Standing5(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
anonimi:

Why do we have state house of assembly lawmakers and LGA Councillors who can IMPEACH the erring leaders?

Why are we so LAME and expect a "messiah" to do ALL things for us and know all things on our behalf?
Why
True talk!
Why not the HOR and co doing this type of talking?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by gbagyiza: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
mascot87:
Nigerians would "NEVER" & I repeat "NEVER" regret voting for PMB. See,PMB will "NEVER" & I repeat "NEVER" dissapoint Nigerians but would definitely dissapoint Nigerian looters. Looting our treasury with impunity is "OVER" & I repeat "OVER" as long as PMB remains the President of Nigeria. Congrats to Nigerians. You all have made the right choice both IGBOS,YORUBAS & HAUSA + all other minor tribes in Nigeria
mo

Well spoken.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by EagleScribes: 5:50pm On May 29, 2015
anonimi:

Why

Chai! May God bless you for me. You too get correct sense smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by ademega(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2015
Fayose comes to mind
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2015
mekuzoil:
This is a welcome development bearing in mind that a State like Abia State has not been having elected chairmen and councillors but have always operated with transition chaimen who are appointed and paid salaries by the State governor, while the allocations meant for theim to work with mainly stops with the Governor of the State, I hope this new change will also take care of this abnormality.
This one people are always talking about Abia State, na so they State spoil reach? Abi governor no dey? I haven't really been following the things of that stat actually...
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 29, 2015
Joshuadon:

....and dont be the First to tag this present regime CLUELESS

Otondo
After critically analyzing your posts I conclude that it's pointless to quote uu ezi okwuu

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Sweetguy25: 5:53pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:

They're responsible for a whole lot of nonsense happening in the states and country as a whole.

I'm still in support of LG autonomy. Any step that will reduce their influence has my name on it....

But if their level or degree of influence and authority is reduced, there will be less developments to states. Its impossible for a president to bring about an even amount of development to all Nigerian states. If governors are good, you would wish they more powers and authority (E.g. Akpabio and Fashola) but if they are bad, you would wish they had no powers at all.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Vanpascore(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2015
Changes already! Right from d inaguration speech.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by anonimi: 5:55pm On May 29, 2015
uplawal:
Just like they heaped all blames on jonathan,pls let him do as he want to,where were the councillors and lawmakers when local govt officials were bastadising everthing,people have to feel development at grassroot,but the local govt is the one eating the peoples money,very evil unserious people

Are the LGAs not right in front of the nose of the people so DEPRIVED?

Why do we (you & I) ALLOW these LGA chairmen and councillors "eat the people's money"

Is it no longer true that =>

When the cat is away the mouse will play!

If we are LACKADAISICAL about those who REPRESENT us, please tell me why will they not take advantage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by gogodaye(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2015
Nasri100:
See that decision to move the Command Centre to Borno, heart of Boko Haram, Won me. This is what we have been lacking; A Man with Guts, demeanor is very aggressive, ready to handle a complex Country like Nigeria.

I wouldn't come here to blast the past Government, but reality is they took us backwards and were literally weak.

Memories fade fast.....for those with the intent to skew records to meet predetermined outcomes.....
Gen. Minimah as Chief of Army Staff moved alongside the Command Centre to the theater of the conflict as soon as he assumed office as COAS.....
Some of these cosmetic changes do not necessarily translate into successes......There should be less political interference..... Our military officers should be left to prosecute the war against the insurgents....the way they've being trained to do......
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 29, 2015
989900:

Basically, I am torn . . . when it comes to the LGs autonomy.

What are the pros and cons?

Actually the LG was created to bring government closer to the people. But it has been hijacked by our governors and converted into appendages for them.

Autonomy for LG has a lot of benefits:

It brings the government really close to the people.

The people can now actually elect their chairmen; Governors can no longer decide who should be the chairman.

It whittles down the power of the governor.

The LG can now perform the main functions for which it's being created. For now, governors frustrate them by giving them ONLY salaries for workers.

It's also easier to deal with any non performing chairman.

Downsides:

It could a lead to abuse of power by the LG bosses.

It could also lead to waste and corruption, if the state assembly is weak, inept and lazy.

By and large, the merits outweigh the demerits.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by omarky(m): 5:57pm On May 29, 2015
Daniyemi:
I hope the Likes of Tinubu who believe the south west is solely for his use and control (human and material resources) are listening?

I still would not make any sense from all the ramblings of Buhari if he does not start dealing with the rouges around him.

People like Tinubu, Obasanjo need to be told that states cannot be controlled by them.
They need to limited. Buhari whatever campaign against corruption you have, start with the rouges around you.

APC screams PDP has ruined Nigeria for 16 Years. Was GoodLuck president for 16 yrs?
It therefore means they acknowledge Obasanjo was grossly corrupt and incompetent.
Buhari Limit this two people and put them in the right place.

Well said bro....... Mind you, Tinubu and OBJ aren't our problem. The problem is with our Judiciary and Legislature arms of government. Hw do u explain a court given order restraining NDLEA from extradites of a drug baron all on a flimsy excuse of Human right violation. Or what do u say of a Senate president who force down our throat election manipulator as a Minister of the Federal Republic. These two arms should be made to work effectively without d influence of the executive. Let's stop dis hate campaign against Asiwaju and Baba Iyabo and do the needful.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 29, 2015
I am convinced the Buhari will work, he seem to be the only president who is prepared for the office starting from gowon down to Goodluck.
I pray he remain focus and not to allow hawks from his kinsmen and party to ruin his government.

The man Buhari insulted gowon,obasanjo,ibb,abdulsalam,goodluck etc that they derailed the vision ofthe founding fathers of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by GreatEngineer(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2015
This is the era of change!

There should be changes and the changes should affect everyone including the Governors.

Hello Mod in the house, I cannot post in the business section.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks

GreatEngineer.

CC:
naijacutee
FOD
puskin

Thanks once again,

Issue has been resolve. You guys are wonderful.
One love.
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by francizy(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2015
Aregbese be like:::

Choiiiii!!

Upon all my campaign to kick out GEJ so that you save me from gbese eh GMB, now you say no sharing of money to us? Chai! My people go kill me if them finally find out say I been dey lie to them oh... cry cry cry cry cry cry

GEJ share money to us but I no fit pay salary. Now way GMB no wan share money, how I wan do? cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by 989900: 6:10pm On May 29, 2015
dearpreye:

Actually the LG was created to bring government closer to the people. But it has been hijacked by our governors and converted into appendages for them.

Autonomy for LG has a lot of benefits:

It brings the government really close to the people.

The people can now actually elect their chairmen; Governors can no longer decide who should be the chairman.

It whittles down the power of the governor.

The LG can now perform the main functions for which it's being created. For now, governors frustrate them by giving them ONLY salaries for workers.

It's also easier to deal with any non performing chairman.

Downsides:

It could a lead to abuse of power by the LG bosses.

It could also lead to waste and corruption, if the state assembly is weak, inept and lazy.

By and large, the merits outweigh the demerits.

On point!

The made bold part, is actually my fears with the idea.

However, like you rightly said, the advantages are promising than one can ignore; especially in an administration where there is accountability.

It also makes it easier for locals to directly hold their bosses to accountability.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by guvna(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2015
kelvyn7:
I thought as much

Those jollification and flamboyant spending days are over!!

Yeah and thank goodness for that as well, the looting is over all yea thieves
Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by Joshuadon: 6:17pm On May 29, 2015
vimi:

After critically analyzing your posts I conclude that it's pointless to quote uu ezi okwuu

Clap for yourself cheesycheesycheesy

Is that your best.....

U still remain the THE OTONDO I KNOW cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors by wiseoneking: 6:22pm On May 29, 2015
Ymodulus:
typing...

Now we have President Buhari a very fit, proper, willing, ready, able and above all non fearing president. This is the right move in the right direction, a good beginning. With this i can boldly say we have a Government in place, that is putting its money where its mouth is. We do no longer have a Government of procastination.

This afternoon you made me happy, when you said in your speech and i qoute: "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody."
What a Weighty statement meaning Synchphants, back off!!!! Political hawks - back off!!!! Tinubu backoff!!!! The Papa Clark of the political world - back off!!! OBJ - backoff!!!! ACF - backoff!!! Tanoids Backoff!!!

I know, today some people in the polluted Niger Delta will be troubled and most will not sleep well because their son former President Goodlock Ebele Jonathan is no longer in charge of affairs of our great nation and their perfect and number one enemy President Muhammadu Buhari has today been sworn in as the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Furthermore, the so-called amnesty program for Niger Delta militants and terrorists will become a thing of the past come December.

Mr President on behalf of APC Nairaland Chapter, well deserving nairalanders, and even Tanoids on Nairaland. I say a Big Thank you. You can now have a little rest, and never forget this powerful speech of yours - let it be it be your guide and contour - a destiny is here to be fulfilled.

Welcome, Mr president Mohammadu Buhari!

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"
we don hear. People are looking forward to action and not rhetorics. Is time to hit the groud running. No more excuses. A lot of rots has been done and he said he is the best capable hand to clean up the system. No more excuses for buhari. He is now incharge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Campaign Posters Of Reverend King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election / Wike’s Camp Gives ‘Ayu Must Go’ Condition To Back Atiku / Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - The Ben Murray-bruce I Know (pics) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.