Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? (664 Views)

Buhari Approves N35bn For The Niger Delta Amnesty Programme / Audit Of Ministry Of Niger Delta: Mismanagement Of Fund (INFO-GRAPHICS) / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by FarmTech(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2015
I am neutral on this because I don't have enough facts to make a conclusion. So I'll like to hear the view point of fellow nairalanders. Has the amnesty program really helped the masses of the Niger Deltans?
Re: Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by jamex93(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2015
waste of fund

just wasting naija money
Re: Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by nedu2000(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2015
The amnesty only exposed the militants as merely money grubbers,what they initially asked for in terms of resource control,development of the region none were accomplished even when fate gave them the presidency and a niger-delta ministry!! .......it wasn't helpful to the niger delta masses in terms of development but helped in returning 'relative' peace to the region.
Re: Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by FarmTech(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks all. I kind of have the same view.
Re: Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by OreMI22: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
FarmTech:
I am neutral on this because I don't have enough facts to make a conclusion. So I'll like to hear the view point of fellow nairalanders. Has the amnesty program really helped the masses of the Niger Deltans?

Which money? , Whose money?
As long as the funds came from oil and not tin, cotton or cocoa, you are merely returning a tiny fraction of what you have stolen from them.
Re: Niger Delta Amnesty: Useful Or A Waste Of Fund? by FarmTech(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
OreMI22:

Which money? , Whose money?
As long as the funds came from oil and not tin, cotton or cocoa, you are merely returning a tiny fraction of what you have stolen from them.
How has it help the masses? I know that the way the government leave the place undeveloped is very bad. But I think that with all the allocations they receive, the governors would have used it to develop the area better than it is today. If not for embezzlement.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day:true Leader / FATIGUE | Buhari Was Asleep When Saraki Emerged Senate President / I Nominate The Nass Clerk As To Replace Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.