Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (114100 Views)

Why I Oppose Buhari –fayose / I Oppose Gov Oshiomhole Marriage To Fortes Because Oshiomole No Fine(pics) / Buhari First 7 Horrible Acts Since Becoming President Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by jydor4real94(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday in Abuja directed the central command of the military to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno, to intensify the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who gave the directive in his address after his inauguration, said it was impossible to achieve victory against the insurgents if the command continued to operate from Abuja.

He said that the command center would relocate and remain in Maiduguri until the insurgents were subdued.

No where in the History of world military History will the military central command be located right in the combat zone it is the height of unprofessional-ism which is about to force me to revisit the issue of Buhari certificate scandal. let us use the United state of America model as a case study .

Military Central command are non combatants they are not infantry units but expertise from various field of course

Structure

Central Command headquarters staff directorates include personnel, intelligence, operations, logistics, plans & policy, information systems, training & exercises, and resources, and other functions. The intelligence section is known as Joint Intelligence Center, Central Command, or JICCENT, which serves as a Joint Intelligence Center for the co-ordination of intelligence. Under the intelligence directorate, there are several divisions

In the United State the Central Military Command directs four "service component commands" and one subordinate unified command and no fighting units directly subordinate to it:

The United States Army Central (USARCENT), and the United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT), both headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, the U.S. Marine Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida and the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (USNAVCENT), headquartered at Naval Support Activity Bahrain in the Kingdom of Bahrain. MacDill Air Force Base also hosts a Sub-unified command called the Special Operations Command Central (USSOCCENT).

In 1983, U.S. Military Central Command was established to succeed the Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force, formed at MacDill AFB, Florida on 1 March 1980, to handle US national security interests in Southwest Asia, Central Asia and the Persian G

The USA Central Military Command main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests interest in the following countries as the Area of Responsibilty.

Area of Responsibility Countries for USA Central Military Command Located in Mac Dill Air force Base in Tampa Florida..

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Tactically its a great Blunder for Mr Buhari to relocated the Military Central command right into sambisa forest when he knew quite well that these people are non combatants they are not infantry soldiers and their area of responsibilty covers a wider area than just boko haram. they monitor , deploy and protect both Nigeria air land and water from both internal and external aggression.

Relocating Nigeria military Central Command to frontline war zone is the most senseless decision any president have ever taken and such action is capable of endangering Nigeria external security an outside force may invade the nation of Nigeria in time like these..

This wrong decision calls for us to revisit Buhari certificate scandal and how he come about his title of Major General when he is incapable of simple kindergarten Military Decision

Ifeduba ThankGod T ( political Analyst writes in from Anambra state)

What's dis one saying......

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by haibe(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2015
sweetgala:

Today I watched gallant troops , corporals, colonels , sergeants , petty officers etc looking fit and matching excellently at the Inauguration and when time came for General Badeh to involve in the flag hoisting , he was fat and could not match correctly.

lol I thought I was the only one that observed this.. that man no fit match; someone waa even asking me if he really is a millitary man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by ITbomb(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2015
momo22:
Your GEJ get brain? Fooli.sh TANoid like u.
Follow your DuaraDullard march go Sambisa
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 29, 2015
Lol so the op is now a military strategist that has more tactical experience than GMB and his military consultants abi? You for use your experience defeat Nigeria against Biafra na? Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Rawani: 8:35pm On May 29, 2015
Who is taking this joker seriously? Below are the several remote commands of the US Army, all under the command at the Pentagon. There are also smaller commands within the U.S such as the US Army Combined Arms Center in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by omooba969(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
All i see from your write up is you comparing us with U.S.A.

Na over-sabi dey worry am, no mind am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by millionboi(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
d guy is makin a point

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by stanisbaratheon: 8:36pm On May 29, 2015
if Buhari did say that then he's totally wrong. let's look at it as game of chess, how can one castle with the enemy attacking a square where either the king or the rook is suppose to be after castling?? Answer is NOT POSSIBLE

in summary your military base must be where commands are issued and it mustn't be in the "danger zone" else once it's taking out the country becomes vulnerable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 29, 2015
op , must u confuse and insult the sensibility of pple before you make your point.
I believe as experience military officer, i can comment on this submission.
Military command as rightly said has series of unit that makes their operation more effective and robust compare to what is on ground.
I believe this is a sincerity of purpose and also prompt intervention to tackle this insurgency menace that has enveloped devptal process in our nation building.
moving military command to one state or the other does not necessary mean you have move the DHQ to Maiduguri.
In a situation like this, there is bound to be this kind of drastic action for proximity in operation.
every unusual situation demand an unusual solution.
And i believe with this drastic step taking by the PMB, it will dunce the tension in this volatile region of the country.
op, pls. give yourself brain and don't misinform the public.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by danielmichael(m): 8:36pm On May 29, 2015
Na change naaaa
2mao na to inslamised dee country
Idiotic change
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by abayolb: 8:37pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
military is military there are standard procedures.. even USA fighting a bigger war have not relocated their central command next to Taliban or Alqueda door step. Buhari cannot claim to be a MAJOR GENERAL and make such blunder..
see mumu people ooooo
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by fyneboi79(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2015
suwailad:
Ifeduba or what you call yourself, you still have a lot to learn being a political scientist. I think you have no qualification for that, just that you have access to the internet so you can make noise like everyone else. That does not make you a political analyst, political analysts is an actual profession and not an hubby.

Political analysts take their time to access information in depth before making their analysis and not beer parlor suggestions. By the way, did you even give a solution on how to combat boko haram once and for all? But noise makers like you, the ever annoying arm chair critics are quick to judge any postulations put forth that will defeat these fools once and for all, but you guys don't have the brilliancy to come up with your solution to counter the President's own. We have had enough of this folly, and thank God it died with jonathan. So its time to shut up and start making sense not showing your worthless hobby and what it means not to be a political analyst. And your picture is eating people's bandwidth, it is not necessary, if you want to be in the limelight, start trekking for whatever hideous reasons there is.
Don't mind the cheap monkey who is high on very cheap drugs.

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by ibitzbarlow(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2015
suwailad:
Ifeduba or what you call yourself, you still have a lot to learn being a political scientist. I think you have no qualification for that, just that you have access to the internet so you can make noise like everyone else. That does not make you a political analyst, political analysts is an actual profession and not an hubby.

Political analysts take their time to access information in depth before making their analysis and not beer parlor suggestions. By the way, did you even give a solution on how to combat boko haram once and for all? But noise makers like you, the ever annoying arm chair critics are quick to judge any postulations put forth that will defeat these fools once and for all, but you guys don't have the brilliancy to come up with your solution to counter the President's own. We have had enough of this folly, and thank God it died with jonathan. So its time to shut up and start making sense not showing your worthless hobby and what it means not to be a political analyst. And your picture is eating people's bandwidth, it is not necessary, if you want to be in the limelight, start trekking for whatever hideous reasons there is.

And all you did was to abuse the analyst rather than discredit his analysis or proffer an alternative. Let's learn to be constructive. There is some sense even in a useless post. Cut the guy some slack..
Disagree with his opinion but leave his person alone.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by dedarkman(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2015
To me That is the best move, let us now watch and see how bokoharram will not be eradicated in less than a month. If they can't erradicate bokoboys then let them feel the hit that's those poor people feel , also let those ogas who always sabotage the operations do so and also die in the attack . That's a military strategy ,the op is a small boy who is not inclined in military ways that is why he think like this .

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by synergycom19: 8:37pm On May 29, 2015
I never knew that he was an Igbo guy I couldn't have responded. This are the most bitter,clumsiest ,arrogant and ignorant and malicious people in Africa,they never like good things,always wishing evil and forever Hating Truth,since GMB won this election they have never wasted any opportunity to analyze his failure,pitfalls and the fact that he will fail like Goodluck Jonathan,there mentor. And god

3 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by blackpriest0911: 8:38pm On May 29, 2015
Whoever wrote this write up needs to have his head examined

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by superstar1(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2015
Uncletony:

Just how stup!d u can be.

You and your generation yet unborn are the daftest of the daft ones.

Ode oshi. I am sure he must be a Biafraudian.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by timbabng(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2015
Febup:
PMB should relocate his own office as well.

........correct!! I believe that is Nigeria's overall command center.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by ajalaolanr(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday in Abuja directed the central command of the military to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno, to intensify the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who gave the directive in his address after his inauguration, said it was impossible to achieve victory against the insurgents if the command continued to operate from Abuja.

He said that the command center would relocate and remain in Maiduguri until the insurgents were subdued.

No where in the History of world military History will the military central command be located right in the combat zone it is the height of unprofessional-ism which is about to force me to revisit the issue of Buhari certificate scandal. let us use the United state of America model as a case study .

Military Central command are non combatants they are not infantry units but expertise from various field of course

Structure

Central Command headquarters staff directorates include personnel, intelligence, operations, logistics, plans & policy, information systems, training & exercises, and resources, and other functions. The intelligence section is known as Joint Intelligence Center, Central Command, or JICCENT, which serves as a Joint Intelligence Center for the co-ordination of intelligence. Under the intelligence directorate, there are several divisions

In the United State the Central Military Command directs four "service component commands" and one subordinate unified command and no fighting units directly subordinate to it:

The United States Army Central (USARCENT), and the United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT), both headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, the U.S. Marine Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida and the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (USNAVCENT), headquartered at Naval Support Activity Bahrain in the Kingdom of Bahrain. MacDill Air Force Base also hosts a Sub-unified command called the Special Operations Command Central (USSOCCENT).

In 1983, U.S. Military Central Command was established to succeed the Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force, formed at MacDill AFB, Florida on 1 March 1980, to handle US national security interests in Southwest Asia, Central Asia and the Persian G

The USA Central Military Command main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests interest in the following countries as the Area of Responsibilty.

Area of Responsibility Countries for USA Central Military Command Located in Mac Dill Air force Base in Tampa Florida..

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Tactically its a great Blunder for Mr Buhari to relocated the Military Central command right into sambisa forest when he knew quite well that these people are non combatants they are not infantry soldiers and their area of responsibilty covers a wider area than just boko haram. they monitor , deploy and protect both Nigeria air land and water from both internal and external aggression.

Relocating Nigeria military Central Command to frontline war zone is the most senseless decision any president have ever taken and such action is capable of endangering Nigeria external security an outside force may invade the nation of Nigeria in time like these..

This wrong decision calls for us to revisit Buhari certificate scandal and how he come about his title of Major General when he is incapable of simple kindergarten Military Decision

You are unbelievably Naive!

No, we need to revisit your own degrees , America has a central global command called the Pentagon house, this overseas every other mini command centers where ever america is fighting a war. No wherein warfare will a command center strategic to that war be alienated from the battle ground. Did he say he would move the war college or strategic military divisions to Borno? Nope! He said command center for effective handling and morale boosting of our soldiers.

All I see when and where I read from perceived enemies of buhari and those who have no other reason to hate or criticize him is nothing more than a systematic jealousy of his wavering popularity and unseating an unpopular incubent.

If you achieve half what this man has achieved in this lifetime of his count yourself lucky, but from this ill informed write up of yours...I don't think so!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Mynd44: 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
AreaFada2:

So it's donkeys that central command in Borno will use to send message to our troops in Sambisa forest? cheesy grin
I see, well they need to be within a donkey's trekking distance. Well GMB can send down some of his donkeys in his Daura farm. cheesy

Shebi GMB went to that Amrican military school where they said he acquired a certificate equivalent to MSc. What did he learn there?

This is like sending your son to read medicine in London. Then he returns after 10 years and start treating people with Agbo. While you claim that the kind of jedi jedi in Nigeria is different from oyinbo one. grin cheesy shocked
The command centre for the Iraqi operations was in the Pentagon or Iraq?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by nelandrewz(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:

Structure

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by justmi1: 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
lapronou:
this guy Ifeduba made a research on happening in countries dat has handled greater problems than the dreaded BH. You only need to digest his write up well before casting hauling stones on him. i got one or two points frm his research wrk. we all are adults and should stop this attack on his person.
ka chineke nyere anyi aka n'obodo a
so stones don dey fly enter nairaland? He has some points, but i think non of us here will know better than a general who once was at the war front
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
olayinkaj2:
. Trash talking!

Wanted to respond to you till I looked at your profile pix. So I'll just play with you. Have you written WAEC? Secured admission?
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
Some people who knows nothing about the military will be criticizing from the comfort of their homes and be foaming in the mouth, all i see in the right up is incoherent hulabaloo, does the writer know how many young and promising soldiers this insurgency has been put to sleep never to rise a whole again?
As far as i'm concerned this is a very good move, we need to take the war to boko haram once and for all. Kudos to PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by chigoizie7(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:

Some people can be so myopic when dey reason, and u are an example of such people + all those that liked ur comments. By mere looking @ the situation and d reason, u know that weda technically or otherwise, that it is very wrong to have moved it to maidugari on the bases of boko haram insugency. The military command is not meant to guard only the sambisa but Nigeria as whole. What happens if any uprising springs up from another place? He will also relocate it to that place?

Please let us all reason b4 we speak.he might have compared us to th US, but it doesn't mean that he is wrong afterall.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Spells(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

I will quote you wrong Englishcally grin
not funny cos am pretty sure uve not hard of da word typographical error b4, b reasonable dude.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by holyfather(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
afuye:
The writer, ifedubatoochukw, is a complete mumu . You are a disappointment to Anambra state. I feel like slapping u in the face!
Your write is a complete rubbish devoid of logic which you copied from Wikipedia and pasted here.

I believe the war can be won if the potbelly ogas are closer to the battle line rather than share the largeses of loot and wait for their monthly salaries while the lower cadre soldiers are killed in the war.

you should start by telling us who and who we have at the central military command and how moving them to sambisa forest or wherever would enhance their operations...until you are able to come up with something reasonable,please shut that trap.

i see all these as mere political showmanship with little or no relevance to the situation on ground.and to think that a general made that decision is laughable.
i guess nigerians are in for a long thing here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by AspDrone(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
suwailad:

Your thinking needs some fixing.... What exactly are you saying? Is using the internet a crime?

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by bakila: 8:40pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
Buhari did not relocate the command centre to another country according to your argument. The relocation of the command centre will send a strong message to Boko haram that its not business as usual. And besides, its not like its the whole military that was relocated there, its just a section of it.
Either they finish the business or they are stuck in Maiduguri. The days of publicity stunt with boko haram is over. The generals should feel the pulse of soldiers. Afterall there former cinc went there.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by plaetton: 8:40pm On May 29, 2015
What this guy forgets to take into account is that United States commands are suited for external Wars where air and naval resources are paramount.
The US does ocassionally establish commands in hotspots where it it's forces are engaged.
The Nigerian situation is quite different. The move to Maiduguri would streamline supply logistics and fighting strategies, while avoiding the bureaucratic bottlenecks of Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by omooba969(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2015
Mynd44:
Lmaoooo.

The article is comparing Nigeria with America which has the best communications for smooth flow of information between the boots on ground and the command centre.

Okay Na. It is time you guys learn about non-convectional warfare

LOGIC ! 10x 4 dat.

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
Who's this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Let's Have Your Complaints Here / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.