Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria (58702 Views)

Mechatronics Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by yemipedro(m): 7:35pm On May 29, 2015
Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria

What Mechatronics engineering is:

It is a synergy of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering,
telecommunications engineering, control
engineering and computer engineering .

What is expected from a Mechatronics engineer:

A mechatronics engineer unites the principles
of mechanics, electronics, and computing to
generate a simpler, more economical and
reliable system. An industrial robot is a prime example of a mechatronics system; it includes aspects of
electronics, mechanics, and computing to do
its day-to-day jobs.

Courses taken in Mechatronics engineering :

Mechatronics students take courses in various
fields:
Mechanical engineering and materials science
Electrical engineering
Computer engineering (software & hardware engineering)
Computer science
Systems and control engineering
Optical engineering

Applications of Mechatronics engineering.:

Machine vision
Automation and robotics
Servo-mechanics
Sensing and control systems
Automotive engineering , automotive equipment in the design of subsystems such as anti-lock braking systems
Computer-machine controls, such as computer driven machines like CNC milling machines
Expert systems
Industrial goods
Consumer products
Mechatronics systems
Medical mechatronics, medical imaging systems.
Structural dynamic systems
Transportation and vehicular systems
Mechatronics as the new language of the automobile
Computer aided and integrated
manufacturing systems
Computer-aided design
Engineering and manufacturing systems
Packaging
Microcontrollers / PLCs
Mobile apps
M&E Engineering.

Where Mechatronics engineers can work in Nigeria

Oil and gas sector ( in designs, modelling and simulation, quality control, process control and automation, etc)
Telecommunications.
Production companies and Manufacturing companies such a Nestle, Friesland Foods Wamco Nigeria pLC, PZ Industries pLC, Unilever Nigeria pLC etc.
Brewing, and drinks production companies such as Guinness (Nigeria)pLc, Coca-Cola plc etc.
Automobile industry
Military and Forces.
Numerous other sectors where there are need for computing, designs, networking, analysis etc.

Universities offering Mechatronics engineering in Nigeria :

Presently there are four universities offering the course in Nigeria, asides from polytechnics.
1.Federal University Oye Ekiti
2.Bells University of Technology Ota
3.Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
4.Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti.

Mechatronics engineering is a new course in Nigeria with no university graduate in the course yet in the country, the highest level of the students are in ATBU currently in 500lvl.
Presently under the engineering scheme, the students of this course offer the most number of courses.
It is a course with the widest potential in the engineering field, it gives one versatility and makes one flexible.

this is aimed at bringing together those offering the course and those interested in the course together, for a social connection and intellectual connection. To share ideas, knowledge, and possibly provide solutions to people who have challenges / problems with the course, and projects associated with the course.

You can become part of us on facebook at ""Mechatronics Engineers in Nigeria "" group.

You can also contact : yemipedro07@gmail.com

Let's get together to help each other.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2015
yemipedro:
Mechatronics Engineering in Nigeria

What Mechatronics engineering is:

It is a synergy of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering,
telecommunications engineering, control
engineering and computer engineering .

What is expected from a Mechatronics engineer:

A mechatronics engineer unites the principles
of mechanics, electronics, and computing to
generate a simpler, more economical and
reliable system. An industrial robot is a prime example of a mechatronics system; it includes aspects of
electronics, mechanics, and computing to do
its day-to-day jobs.

Courses taken in Mechatronics engineering :

Mechatronics students take courses in various
fields:
Mechanical engineering and materials science
Electrical engineering
Computer engineering (software & hardware engineering)
Computer science
Systems and control engineering
Optical engineering

Applications of Mechatronics engineering.:

Machine vision
Automation and robotics
Servo-mechanics
Sensing and control systems
Automotive engineering , automotive equipment in the design of subsystems such as anti-lock braking systems
Computer-machine controls, such as computer driven machines like CNC milling machines
Expert systems
Industrial goods
Consumer products
Mechatronics systems
Medical mechatronics, medical imaging systems.
Structural dynamic systems
Transportation and vehicular systems
Mechatronics as the new language of the automobile
Computer aided and integrated
manufacturing systems
Computer-aided design
Engineering and manufacturing systems
Packaging
Microcontrollers / PLCs
Mobile apps
M&E Engineering.

Where Mechatronics engineers can work in Nigeria

Oil and gas sector ( in designs, modelling and simulation, quality control, process control and automation, etc)
Telecommunications.
Production companies and Manufacturing companies such a Nestle, Friesland Foods Wamco Nigeria pLC, PZ Industries pLC, Unilever Nigeria pLC etc.
Brewing, and drinks production companies such as Guinness (Nigeria)pLc, Coca-Cola plc etc.
Automobile industry
Military and Forces.
Numerous other sectors where there are need for computing, designs, networking, analysis etc.

Universities offering Mechatronics engineering in Nigeria :

Presently there are four universities offering the course in Nigeria, asides from polytechnics.
1.Federal University Oye Ekiti
2.Bells University of Technology Ota
3.Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
4.Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti.

Mechatronics engineering is a new course in Nigeria with no university graduate in the course yet in the country, the highest level of the students are in ATBU currently in 500lvl.
Presently under the engineering scheme, the students of this course offer the most number of courses.
It is a course with the widest potential in the engineering field, it gives one versatility and makes one flexible.

this is aimed at bringing together those offering the course and those interested in the course together, for a social connection and intellectual connection. To share ideas, knowledge, and possibly provide solutions to people who have challenges / problems with the course, and projects associated with the course.

You can become part of us on facebook at ""Mechatronics Engineers in Nigeria "" group.

You can also contact :08165083087 or 0813 975 5032

Let's get together to help each other.
i love dat course, i even did my project in mechatronic engrg.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by yemipedro(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2015
mechanics:
i love dat course, i even did my project in mechatronic engrg.

it's a very nice one.
I'm studying the course presently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by engrjoe(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2015
this is a course I have interest in lately aside the Mech engr I graduated from in a polytechnic. Please is there any school offering PGD in Mechatronics possibly on part time. I will so much appreciate u response thanks.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by bensonAkw: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
am very much interested in a professional courses like mechatronics,i had a foundation course at UNIBEN where i recently graduated in production engineering,i would be very happy for more knowledge and exposure,kindly keep me updated.thanks
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by yemipedro(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2015
In Nigeria, there is no uni offering postgraduate course in Mechatronics, unless abroad,
you could apply for scholarships too
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by itzLanreY: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
yemipedro:

it's a very nice one.
I'm studying the course presently
can u give me ur fb username coz am also interested in it..
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by jamalchance(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
how can i find out if funaab offers mechatronics ?
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by djdoxxx(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
yemipedro:
In Nigeria, there is no uni offering postgraduate course in Mechatronics, unless abroad,
you could apply for scholarships too
Nice...Do You Know Of Schools Abroad That Offer Scholarships In Mechatronics For Masters? U Can Help With Their Names And Links,thanks
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by adewaleadam(m): 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
have been doing research on this course it a course i really do love
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 30, 2015
Mecha Tronics
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by jamesnnamdi(m): 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
bayero university in kano also offers it
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 21, 2016
jamesnnamdi:
bayero university in kano also offers it
My is reading at buk
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by MikeB3(m): 1:41am On Jan 22, 2016
The Polytechnic, Ibadan is actually running the program on a fantastic note thanks to the intelligent Dean of faculty of Engineering, Engr. Abolade Olaniyan that introduced it years back.... I studied Mechanical Engineering there and I shared same faculty with these set of guys studying the unique course called Mechatronics Engineering..... But what am skeptical about is if they have started PGD class for Mechatronics like they do to other courses. Kindly whatsapp me on 07036016999 to buttress on the issue.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Hidorano(m): 12:59am On Jan 27, 2016
pls do you know if I can use ND in mechanical engineering for direct entry admission into 200level in mechatronics
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Ayomidric(m): 6:02am On Jan 27, 2016
jamalchance:
how can i find out if funaab offers mechatronics ?
Funaab is also offering the course
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by yemipedro(m): 12:37am On Feb 01, 2016
Hidorano:
pls do you know if I can use ND in mechanical engineering for direct entry admission into 200level in mechatronics

Yes you can
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Hidorano(m): 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
yemipedro:

Yes you can
owk. Tnx boss.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
yemipedro:

it's a very nice one. I'm studying the course presently
wat skool are u currently studyin it?
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by zenonzeal: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
God Day,
Pls dose anyone know of a school in Nigeria that offers mechatronics engineering as masters?
am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering(B.Eng) And need to pursue my masters ASAP.
You Replay will be highly appreciated
. .
Warm Regards.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by oparaben(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice course, my course! ☺
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Rhema14(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
I hail u all engrs. In d house.....
Here is an opportunity to enhance ur skill nd add value to urself in a competitive engr. environment .

Rhema concept offers training classes in AutoCAD 2D nd 3D...Autodesk Inventor, PDMS, SOLIDWORKS, MATLAB..

FOR those who don't know much abt solidworks nd autodesk inventor...dey ar parametric 3D CAD modeling softwares..thatis suited to design any machine, analyse it, simulate it nd also generates ur 2D orthographic nd sectn views for u without stress...its an advancement of AUTOCAD in modeling machines..
Its work is beautiful as it can also add materials nd render d machine.
U can visit us at rhema concept....suite 49, Agbowo shopping complex,opp UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN...or call or chát wth us on 07066232575.
....we offer the best of training.......
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by isidollarboy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Rhema14:
I hail u all engrs. In d house.....
Here is an opportunity to enhance ur skill nd add value to urself in a competitive engr. environment .

Rhema concept offers training classes in AutoCAD 2D nd 3D...Autodesk Inventor, PDMS, SOLIDWORKS, MATLAB..

FOR those who don't know much abt solidworks nd autodesk inventor...dey ar parametric 3D CAD modeling softwares..thatis suited to design any machine, analyse it, simulate it nd also generates ur 2D orthographic nd sectn views for u without stress...its an advancement of AUTOCAD in modeling machines..
Its work is beautiful as it can also add materials nd render d machine.
U can visit us at rhema concept....suite 49, Agbowo shopping complex,opp UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN...or call or chát wth us on 07066232575.
....we offer the best of training.......
Great Engr
Pls accept my ignorance, i have search but needs first hand clarification, what's the use of MATLAB.. Thanks
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Rhema14(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
isidollarboy:
Great Engr
Pls accept my ignorance, i have search but needs first hand clarification, what's the use of MATLAB.. Thanks

The Language of Technical Computing

Millions of engineers and scientists worldwide use matlab® to analyze and design the systems and products transforming our world. matlab is in automobile active safety systems, interplanetary spacecraft, health monitoring devices, smart power grids, and LTE cellular networks. It is used for machine learning, signal processing, image processing, computer vision, communications, computational finance, control design, robotics, and much more.

Math. Graphics. Programming.

The matlab platform is optimized for solving engineering and scientific problems. The matrix-based matlab language is the world’s most natural way to express computational mathematics. Built-in graphics make it easy to visualize and gain insights from data. A vast library of prebuilt toolboxes lets you get started right away with algorithms essential to your domain. The desktop environment invites experimentation, exploration, and discovery. These matlab tools and capabilities are all rigorously tested and designed to work together.

matlab helps you take your ideas beyond the desktop. You can run your analyses on larger data sets and scale up to clusters and clouds. matlab code can be integrated with other languages, enabling you to deploy algorithms and applications within web, enterprise, and production systems.

..............At rhema concept training we offer intensive training in the use of matlab software we also assist in handling your matlab project work (from anywhere you are in the world) both at bsc/msc/phd level........

rhema concept: Suite 49, Agbowo shopping complex, opposite University of Ibadan first gate, Oyo-state.
call or chat on whatsapp on: 07066232575, 08096503594
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by engineerjimmy: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Are you an aspiring or praticing technician/engineer who is looking for fellow technicians/engineers to share knowledge with,share and gain from job and contract opportunities,and also participate in different on going projects,you can message 08170697723 on whatsapp and be part of the engineeringforum group. Cheers
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Sheenor: 9:40pm On May 08, 2016
I doubt if FUOYE accept HND (computer engineering) for direct entry to study mechatronics.
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Nuel4Real: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Does university of Lagos offer Mechatronics engineering for master degree
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by ingenuity2014: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2016
Good morning house. Please has this course been accredited in any of the schools offering it, yet?
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by captainc2015: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
yemipedro:

it's a very nice one. I'm studying the course presently

at which university
Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by Darvel(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2016
MichaelSokoto:
wat skool are u currently studyin it?
Funai

1 Like

Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by aerozac(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Dept of Mech Eng'g ABu Zaria offers Mechatronics Engineering at MSC Level

1 Like

Re: Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria by icecube95: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
please do uniport offer mechatronic engineering?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Information About Trade Test 1, 2 And 3 Exam? / Busola Tejumola: Is She The Most Beautiful Executive Manager In Nigeria? / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.