Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace (58758 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by ayoadeifee(f): 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Froshloaded: 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sorry about this, maybe you should contact authorities that have power more than the subeb

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by budaatum: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
You are praying! angry angry

Has she not seen her union rep?
Has she sought legal advise?
Has she written to the Commissioner of Education, Head of Service, etc?

279 Likes 15 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DrTee1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2020
Something is really wrong somewhere.

Aside that this story is from one perspective, another huge concern is the grammar: Lexis, structure, tenses, construction.

Mum is the best teacher you know. She is a primary school teacher. That suggests she teaches at the elementary level where one of the core subjects is English language.

I'm afraid you may just have 'fallen hand' very badly - in the Nigerian lingua - and you have not covered so much in glory, at least to buttress your best teacher assertion.

As to the matter at hand, there are established ways in the civil service to resolve disputes: Teaching Service Commission, Civil Service Commission, and at the extreme, the National Industrial Court.

However, excuses like distance of assignment from residence shouldn't arise, really. It isn't an excuse to be officially considered at all in that line of responsibility. If anything at all, it should be lobbied for, under the table, and not presented as a major issue.

Best wishes.

170 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's was upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.
She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school the same local government there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not had anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from subeb, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having lodgers heads against each other, but it's not that she don't want to go but my mom had health challenges she's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far to our residence so she refuse to collect the letter of transfer and she present her doctor report at subeb. I forget to add that the other person they transfer to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at subeb and was very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of subeb, the chairman and almost everyone at that subeb came this morning and chase my mom out of her office saying she was suspended, they do not only cheated her but they also humiliate her human right and harasses her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government, meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do she has been so devastated and sad since morning, we are have been praying but we still don't know what to do

Your story is quite difficult to read. Please, compose yourself and do all necessary editing to make it readable. I am sure it will help many to profer solutions / contribute their suggestions.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Slawormir: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad

But i must say this

For government work ehnnnnn
There is no permanent place
Them must post and transfer you
So your mummy should be aware of that by now

Even the other person when them want post come your mummy place ehnnn them go also post am again from there one day no matter how powerful she is. The people when she know nor go remain for power for ever

Na so government work be
So i go advise you make you tell your mummy make she accept the posting then later she fit go dey press one or two button

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by TimFisher2: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
undecided

I will try as much as possible not blast you

but what i see here is foolishness/insincerity of the highest order

your mum want to eat her cake and still have it

she has serious heart challenges,what stops her tendering her resignation letter to look after her health

No she will rather be cheating the system...,didn't she read the ethical code of teaching.."Teaching is a service to humanity"

please she should report to her new job immediately and stop flexing power with her fellow colleague

Let her bear in mind that Teachers reward is in heaven!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by revived: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Oppppppsss embarassed
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by meum: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2020
undecided
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Ijaycool(f): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrTee1:
Something is really wrong somewhere.

Aside that this story is from one perspective, another huge concern is the grammar: Lexis, structure, tenses, construction.

Mum is the best teacher you know. She is a primary school teacher. That suggests she teaches at the elementary level where one of the core subjects is English language.

I'm afraid you may just have 'fallen hand' very badly - in the Nigerian lingua - and you not covered so much in glory , at least to buttress your best teacher assertion.

As to the matter at hand, there are established ways in the civil service to resolve disputes: Teaching Service Commission, Civil Service Commission, and at the extreme, the National Industrial Court.

However, excuses like distance of assignment from residence shouldn't arise, really. It isn't a excuse to be officially considered at all in that line of responsibility. If anything at all, it should be lobbied for, under the table, and not presented as a major issue.

Best wishes.

Hmmm Mr Corrector of English, Course Rep of the English High Academy, you see your own mistakes?
Awon Prof.
Somebody dey wahala, you dey here dey grind grammar.
A excuse ko...

Meanwhile it's heartbreaking how we trivialize people's problem. I swear

339 Likes 20 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by money121(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Too bad
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Tonyspecial(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
H
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by flexyrule(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ok
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Jh0wsef(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
hm
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Wey job scarce so, your mama see one dey reject am

4 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Ade24682: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bb
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Hotzone(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lawless
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by DryMouth: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sorry dear.. govt matter for this country taya me.

Look for a qualified lawyer for this case.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
I understand how you feel. But your mum shouldn't have refused to collect the letter of transfer. Since it is within the power of the SUBEB to transfer teachers to any school they deem fit, she should have collected the letter, settle down at her new place of assignment and start working towards getting transfer to a better place.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by franchasng: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
cry

Op, go to Twitter, share this story as a thread, tag minister of education, tag presidency, tag SERVICOM, tag your state governor, tag all the necessary authorities and then use trending hash tags and beg Nigerians to retweet it and watch wonders happen.

It works now

Your mom's position will be restored but she must prepare for the spiritual battle that must come after she wins. Wipe your tears and do as I said, God will see your mom through this okay

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by kings59: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
First and foremost, let us all not be sentimental or comment out of emotion.

We would like to know what your mother did.

Tell us the truth, because it it always good to here from both sides before making a conclusion.

We need to know what led to her suspension.

I don't want emotion or sentiments to take control of me, I wanna hear from the other side.

12 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
see as people dey yarn as if, according to the OP, mama just got appointment letter from the school.

yeye dey ooze.

mama wey don dey teach there for over 30yrs.

OP, seems they wanted to use power for mama. it is sad to read that she was humiliated in public.
my advice is for you and your mama to report to the appropriate bodies that are superior to them.
just do that first instead of thinking and praying.

make a move, girl.

6 Likes

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Professorcplus(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Go to the Union first that should solve her problem if not all.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Canadianjjc: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nna mehn, Your grammer just added to my existing headache, I sincerely do not understand the issue..

ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Engineering Vs Medicine "which Is More Challenging?" / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.